Chinese take away

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

harrier_77 #1 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35250 battles
  • [NX6]
Trying very hard to get my head around a tank line that's a total copy of low tier yank and mid to high tier Soviets....but every tier is slightly worse than the original that it's ripping off. Awful tanks wg...worse than beige. The type 34 tier 5 is truly useless.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Cornish_Dyowl #2 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26654 battles
  • [AFK]

Left me with a sweet and sour taste in my mouth after playing.....

:hiding:

Edited by Cornish_Dyowl, 12 February 2018 - 10:24 PM.

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

Pururut #3 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19851 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me.Been a long time since I devoured General Tso chicken with soy doused shrimp rice and mochi.

Type 34... I guess it is Wargamings way of making us pay for the comfortable M5A1 ride.Not that the tank is bad, it is just a bit limited with its unreliable guns and meh armor.It is in all aspects a Soviet tank; rugged and reliable.A bit rough on the edges but still gets the job done in pretty much every situation.Type 58 is going to be more or less the same with a huge grind.All I can recommend is to play them just like their Soviet counterparts.Try to think about the history behind the machines as you play, run them in stock configurations... anything that makes the experience unique for you really.The sooner majority stops thinking about winning or racking damage and instead focus on having fun, the better.

Edited by Pururut, 12 February 2018 - 10:47 PM.

Stop cumming in my popcorn

JJSawry #4 Posted 12 February 2018 - 10:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25210 battles
  • [EU]

Should've called the thread Chinese take-out.

And they're not useless, they're just... not as good. They perform just fine otherwise.

IrmaBecx #5 Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 21154 battles
  • [IRMA]

I'm at tier IX, driving the WZ-120 with the intermediate tier IX gun, not even stage I equipment and loving every second of it. I still have 350.000 XP to go before my dreams are fulfilled, but the mere thought that my tank will get stronger and stronger every game I play it and I'm already doing pretty well makes me think it's going to be a total breeze.

I may even become less salty driving it.

Decided to switch it up with the super boring T-54 so I can finally get the Object 140 grind done, and yes, I am an Obj 140 fanboy for the exact same reason I am a 121 fanboy.

My takeaway from the Chinese Medium grind so far is that the tanks I thought would be really good are actually really good, and the tanks I thought would be the big hurdles of the grind aren't nearly as troublesome as I imagined they would be. For me, as a Medium tank driver first and foremost, they do actually provide a breath of fresh air in terms of gameplay.

I respect the opinion these tanks aren't really that special; I believe I wrote the very words in my first review from the test server. But I read a lot of opinions about them I would say border on what is called "failure of imagination".

Counting on maybe three and a half weeks before I have the 121 in my garage, fully kitted out with Vstabs and improved tracks.

See you non-believers out there.

Edited by IrmaBecx, 12 February 2018 - 11:34 PM.

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

PanzerPsycho68 #6 Posted 13 February 2018 - 08:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23811 battles
  • [PFI]

View Postharrier_77, on 12 February 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Trying very hard to get my head around a tank line that's a total copy of low tier yank and mid to high tier Soviets....but every tier is slightly worse than the original that it's ripping off. Awful tanks wg...worse than beige. The type 34 tier 5 is truly useless.

I think this Tank doesn't fit your play style ; or your play style doesn't fit the Tank !

I already did quite good in the Russian T-34 and i do even better in the Type T-34 !

After 35 battles I have 71% WR and 51% Survival, and I am only an Average Player.

The hull armour is a bit thin, so you have to work ridges and shoot from hull-down.

The turret is much better armoured and quite bouncy ; I survived lots of hits on it.

The Gun is very accurate, hits hard and reloads very fast and delivers good DPM.

But, like I said, you should keep the hull out of harm's way, or you won't live long.

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 13 February 2018 - 08:45 PM.

Deputy Leader of Panzer-Vernichter Clan ( PFI ) and dedicated German Tank Driver 

minitelrose #7 Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 53179 battles
  • [AFK]

There is a reason I don’t play the chinese line, and that reason is that I don’t like to complain. 

Not eveyr tank should be op, an making them all flat equal is impossible. There is no way the chinese lines should be equal or superior to their ru original counterparts. And the ru are most of them boring to play. That’s all good reason enough for me to stay away from them. But, I understand people have different taste, except those who like to whine. That is still a mister for me ( as well as a bother, most of the times).

View PostPururut, on 12 February 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

Ah yes, thanks for reminding me.Been a long time since I devoured General Tso chicken with soy doused shrimp rice and mochi.

Type 34... I guess it is Wargamings way of making us pay for the comfortable M5A1 ride.Not that the tank is bad, it is just a bit limited with its unreliable guns and meh armor.It is in all aspects a Soviet tank; rugged and reliable.A bit rough on the edges but still gets the job done in pretty much every situation.Type 58 is going to be more or less the same with a huge grind.All I can recommend is to play them just like their Soviet counterparts.Try to think about the history behind the machines as you play, run them in stock configurations... anything that makes the experience unique for you really.The sooner majority stops thinking about winning or racking damage and instead focus on having fun, the better.

out of +1. But that should become clearer. 

Some people are fit to make crazy stats. For most, chasing them is hopeless. Especially if that results in some personal misery feeling or a paranoid state. Just go and indulge in the fun game. Try to resist opponents and learn and improve. Help fewllo keuboard fighters and have fun.. Shouldn’t it be enough ? 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

MaXSty1er #8 Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:42 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 390 battles
  • [WG]

View Postharrier_77, on 13 February 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

Hi,

Yes, some tanks are very similar to USSR, but I suggest most of them are different

Anyway we collect stats, and after we'll understand the situation better.

InternetEntity #9 Posted 15 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 31265 battles
  • [AFK]
I’ve probably mentioned this before, but why conplain at historical accuracy? In the time period this game covers China was using tanks either directly imported from the USSR, domestically built copies of Soviet tank or modified versions of Soviet designs. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users