20.000 games in, still a massive noob! :)

tank philosophy noob uninstall

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

IrmaBecx #1 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

So yeah. I wasn't going to post it, and I am not super happy about how it turned out; not going to lie, but I mean I don't care about being a noob sometimes, and this is, after all, my twenty thousandth game.

I chose the Leopard 1, because it's the one tank I never thought I would get to drive, and after I got it nothing else in the game has ever seemed unattainable again. The Leo 1 will always be the tank I aspire to, the true mark of a Medium tank elitist, and the most thrilling ride in the game.

Anyway, as I said it was a total bust. It's not even a heartbreak, it's just a noob-out. I figured it could serve as a warning or something, or get a few laughs, and it's definitely going to make even more people ask "how the fXck is this guy a Community Contributor?!". So hope you all are having a nice saturday; get ready for some disappointment:

See you guys out there.

/Irma

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

Denii #2 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

I see that most of your TX tanks are meds. The best performing TX tank is obj263.

Why is that? Most probably is because it has armor and dpm to get you out of the trouble you managed to get yourself into.

This is one of the greatest mistakes 'noobs" do in this game. They go for fast tanks without understanding the game. The issue is exacerbated because they die so early in the game (combination of speed and lack armour) that they don't have the chance to learn.

My suggestion would be to park all your fast tanks and play the russian heavies.

They are slower, better armoured with an awful gun. This will give you more time to understand the game. The awful gun will teach you to aim properly and not rush your shots as well as stop to shoot. Stoping to shoot will make you even slower thus not die 1st.

PanzerPsycho68 #3 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

!! Ouch, that hurt !!   :arta:

Don't get me wrong, Irma, but with over 20k battles myself I am glad

to see that these things happens to other experienced players, too !!

Pity that a real Milestone ended up in a Blaze of Glory and Big Bang.

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

IrmaBecx #4 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 03 March 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

!! Ouch, that hurt !!   :arta:

Don't get me wrong, Irma, but with over 20k battles myself I am glad

to see that these things happens to other experienced players, too !!

Pity that a real Milestone ended up in a Blaze of Glory and Big Bang.

This is in fact the reaction I was hoping for :)

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

PanzerPsycho68 #5 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostDenii, on 03 March 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

I see that most of your TX tanks are meds. The best performing TX tank is obj263.

Why is that? Most probably is because it has armor and dpm to get you out of the trouble you managed to get yourself into.

This is one of the greatest mistakes 'noobs" do in this game. They go for fast tanks without understanding the game. The issue is exacerbated because they die so early in the game (combination of speed and lack armour) that they don't have the chance to learn.

My suggestion would be to park all your fast tanks and play the russian heavies.

They are slower, better armoured with an awful gun. This will give you more time to understand the game. The awful gun will teach you to aim properly and not rush your shots as well as stop to shoot. Stoping to shoot will make you even slower thus not die 1st.

I don't think it is very appropriate, to tell Irma that he should learn how to understand this Game ... 

Who are you anyway ???   The God Of Blitz ???

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 03 March 2018 - 01:35 PM.

Denii #6 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 03 March 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

I don't think it is very appropriate, to tell Irma that he should learn how to understand this Game ... 

Who are you anyway ???   The God Of Blitz ???

You can turn this discussion into a pissing fest fe have a properly constructive discussion. After all this is a Forum. In a Forum you discuss. You open a thread to Discuss.

Am I the God of Blitz? Nope. I am a forum member who is open to discussion.

My suggestion was for IrmaBex who opened this discussion. This forum is for everyone.

Players can choose to take advices on how to improve or can continue with what they are doing.

Why am I telling to Irmabex to learn the game? Because after 20k battles you should be able to understand what is happening. Incidentally I also have the same battle count.

I chose to start with heavies, USSR and USA, then UK and DE. Afterwards with TDs and last meds.

This way it gives me more time to understand the game and make me a better player to manage the dynamic gameplay that fast tanks offer.

IrmaBecx #7 Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDenii, on 03 March 2018 - 03:29 PM, said:

I appreciate the well meaning advice, but it's just not going to happen. I don't like Heavy tanks, it's as simple as that, and especially not Russian Heavy tanks. And yes, Medium tank drivers tend to do slightly better in Tank Destroyers.

I am getting the Chinese 113 when it drops, but it's mostly just to have a tier X Heavy tank, and also because I'm curious about how it's going to compare to the 121. So "research purposes", you might say. And also because it'll be the latest thing I suppose. I am not above a bit of extravagance.

But yeah, I am a Medium tank driver at heart; it's what I want to drive, it's what I enjoy, and I'd rather have a great game with mediocre statistical results than consistent but predictable performance over a number of games in a tank I don't really like driving. In fact, I just got the Object 140; widely regarded as the absolute worst Russian Medium tank in the game right now, and I can't wait to ruin my stats in it as soon as I get the Vstabs.

As far as understanding the game, you need to differentiate between understanding the game and being able to play it. They are not the same thing, or there wouldn't be any sports journalists or video game reviewers. I freely admit my actual ability to execute my gameplay is lacking; as is most peoples. I understand perfectly what happened in that Leopard game; that I was out of position, I was too greedy, and I should have known the entire red team were waiting in the bushes. You will note I suggested we all go the other way.

Again, thank you for your concern.

Titus_Scato #8 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

For someone who doesn’t like heavy tanks, IrmaBecx, you seem to have a quite a few battles in the Löwe and the DW2 - and you’ve driven them recently.

Just sayin’.  :P

Also, I accept that you don’t like Soviet heavy tanks - that’s fair enough.  But you DON’T know that you don’t like PLAYING Soviet heavy tanks - because you’ve never played one.  Ever.

It’s like saying you don’t like playing the Renault FT, Medium I, T1 Cunningham, or Renault Otsu, when you’ve never played any of them, either.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 03 March 2018 - 02:21 PM.

TwistedTransistor #9 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37026 battles
  • [AFK]
But you spoted the whole red team ... welcome in the club of 20k and noob :P

PanzerPsycho68 #10 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostDenii, on 03 March 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

You can turn this discussion into a pissing fest fe have a properly constructive discussion. After all this is a Forum. In a Forum you discuss. You open a thread to Discuss.

Am I the God of Blitz? Nope. I am a forum member who is open to discussion.

My suggestion was for IrmaBex who opened this discussion. This forum is for everyone.

Players can choose to take advices on how to improve or can continue with what they are doing.

Why am I telling to Irmabex to learn the game? Because after 20k battles you should be able to understand what is happening. Incidentally I also have the same battle count.

I chose to start with heavies, USSR and USA, then UK and DE. Afterwards with TDs and last meds.

This way it gives me more time to understand the game and make me a better player to manage the dynamic gameplay that fast tanks offer.

The last thing I want to do, is engaging you in a pissing fest.

But I get the feeling that you actually want to start one with me.

IrmaBeckx knows perfectly well he Noobed out, he stated this himself.

From his papers Beckx display a very good understanding of how Blitz works.

That doesn't mean, that all his experience can prevent occasions like in the video.

He didn't ask for advice how to prevent these situations, he in fact had the guts to show

a total screw up to us, for entertainment and making a bit fun of himself in the process.

Your unasked-for "advice" to a very experienced Player and CC sounded a bit haughty ...

IrmaBecx #11 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 03 March 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

For someone who doesn’t like heavy tanks, IrmaBecx, you seem to have a quite a few battles in the Löwe and the DW2 - and you’ve driven them recently.

Just sayin’.  :P

Also, I accept that you don’t like Soviet heavy tanks - that’s fair enough.  But you DON’T know that you don’t like PLAYING Soviet heavy tanks - because you’ve never played one.  Ever.

It’s like saying you don’t like playing the Renault FT, Medium I, T1 Cunningham, or Renault Otsu, when you’ve never played any of them, either.

I have played exactly three Soviet Heavy tanks. The IS-5, the IS-2 Sh, and one more. They were pretty much what I expected.

Also I have played the Renault Otsu, and I quite like it. :)

Cancracker #12 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72678 battles
  • [CFG]
Lol, if they hadn't kill you, there was still the option to descend on the right side, try to cross the low ground and reach the ruins. All that to ensure a short game and 0 damage. 

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

soulinthemachine #13 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 53498 battles
  • [TENC]
At least you did you did it in style. Spectacular. 

IrmaBecx #14 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostCancracker, on 03 March 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Lol, if they hadn't kill you, there was still the option to descend on the right side, try to cross the low ground and reach the ruins. All that to ensure a short game and 0 damage. 

Yes. Or I could just have backed off and waited for the enemy Leo to poke. I wanted to get a shot at that Leopard, and that's what got me killed. Simple greed.

Still, it wouldn't have made such an explosive display, unless the T110E4 had ammoracked me, of course. :)

Denii #15 Posted 03 March 2018 - 02:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

@IrmaBex - you have embarked on this journey of yours and have become a CC. You are putting on reviews and know-hows. Why not do it properly and get insight on all the tanks out there and give your opinion on all of them. Obviously there are players that enjoy your chronicles and by playing all tanks you may increase your followers base.

I hadn't seen the game you posted when I replied. I just quickly checked your stats on all TX and drew a fast conclusion. After checking the video I thought, yes that was what I was expecting. A quick and swift death.

This may create some furore but it is very selfish to go and kill yourself in the 1st min of the game. WOTB is a team game. There are 6 other players that are counting on you to do your job. In your case you let them down. This leads me to think that you either did that intentionally because it is just a game, hence the selfish comment, or because you didn't understand what would happen, hence the lack of understanding the game.

Titus_Scato #16 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42158 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 03 March 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

I have played exactly three Soviet Heavy tanks. The IS-5, the IS-2 Sh, and one more. They were pretty much what I expected.

Also I have played the Renault Otsu, and I quite like it. :)

Ah, forgot you had a separate contributor account.  :facepalm:

Denii #17 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 03 March 2018 - 02:19 PM, said:

IrmaBeckx knows perfectly well he Noobed out, he stated this himself. - All players out there, not matter how good, do screw up some times. It is the part of taking your chances and if it works it works spectacularly good. If it doesn't, it goes bad in the same spectacular way. By checking at Irmabex's stats I just see that that's how he plays. It is a game play that has no room for improvement.

From his papers Beckx display a very good understanding of how Blitz works. - I beg to differ. He might have his understanding on how the game works but it seems like it is not the correct one. I don't see any improvement in his game play over the last 30 days.

He didn't ask for advice how to prevent these situations, he in fact had the guts to show a total screw up to us, for entertainment and making a bit fun of himself in the process. - I don't care if he asked for advice or not. As I said, this is a Forum. You open threads to Discuss. 

Your unasked-for "advice" to a very experienced Player and CC sounded a bit haughty ... - He might more experienced than you but doesn't make him a "very experienced" player. I'd say far from it. Being a CC is good for him but will not stop me from highlighting his shortcomings. More than that, will push me to enter into a discussion as a lot of players see him as a role model. Being a CC also means that you have the duty to properly inform the "masses". The information needs to be good information. 

Other than that, I suggest you also read my suggestions and start thinking why you are playing this game. Is it because you enjoy pressing the Battle button? You are not doing very well after 23K battles. Don't forget, this is a team game. When you noob out, you drag down 6 other players with you.

Edited by Denii, 03 March 2018 - 03:10 PM.

Cancracker #18 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72678 battles
  • [CFG]

:teethhappy:View PostIrmaBecx, on 03 March 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Yes. Or I could just have backed off and waited for the enemy Leo to poke. I wanted to get a shot at that Leopard, and that's what got me killed. Simple greed.

Still, it wouldn't have made such an explosive display, unless the T110E4 had ammoracked me, of course. :)

Almost all of them shot your leopard so the ammo rack was just for the artistic impression. But you spotted most of the Reds 

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

IrmaBecx #19 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDenii, on 03 March 2018 - 04:58 PM, said:

@IrmaBex - you have embarked on this journey of yours and have become a CC. You are putting on reviews and know-hows. Why not do it properly and get insight on all the tanks out there and give your opinion on all of them. Obviously there are players that enjoy your chronicles and by playing all tanks you may increase your followers base.

I hadn't seen the game you posted when I replied. I just quickly checked your stats on all TX and drew a fast conclusion. After checking the video I thought, yes that was what I was expecting. A quick and swift death.

This may create some furore but it is very selfish to go and kill yourself in the 1st min of the game. WOTB is a team game. There are 6 other players that are counting on you to do your job. In your case you let them down. This leads me to think that you either did that intentionally because it is just a game, hence the selfish comment, or because you didn't understand what would happen, hence the lack of understanding the game.

Well, I certainly didn't kill myself intentionally just so I could look like an idiot on the internet. I kind of resent that actually. And I still think you fail to see the difference between "being a noob" and "noobing out", or if you prefer between understanding the game and being able to play the game.

The only two options you are giving me here is either I sabotaged the game, or I have zero understanding of what goes on in it. I don't think either is a very fair description, not to mention this is of course a false dichotomy. I kind of resent that too.

Either way, as I said, thank you for your well meaning advice, but I think I've had enough of it now.

PanzerPsycho68 #20 Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostDenii, on 03 March 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Other than that, I suggest you also read my suggestions and start thinking why you are playing this game. Is it because you enjoy pressing the Battle button? You are not doing very well after 23K battles. Don't forget, this is a team game. When you noob out, you drag down 6 other players with you.

Again, like I said before, you seem to want to engage me in a "Pissing Fest".

The reason is very obvious : your Precious Unicum Stats you are so fond off ...

Yes, you are doing better than me. So what ? I do my best and keep improving and that is enough for me.

While your Stats are better than IrmaBeckx, I consider him a much better role model than you, my "friend".

If you think you are that superior to Irma, please you just enlighten us with you insights in Blitz and create 

some Interesting papers that can attribute to all Players who read this Forum ?  I would really welcome it !

Very easy to criticize someone, but I dare you to write a paper as well written and entertaining as Irma's.

So, Mr. WiseGuy, put your money where your mouth is and create a Paper full of insights, tips & tricks ...

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 03 March 2018 - 03:59 PM.

Also tagged with tank philosophy, noob, uninstall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users