20.000 games in, still a massive noob! :)

tank philosophy noob uninstall

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Sir_Bobby #41 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52396 battles

Lol. Utmost respect for posting that Irma and congrats on the milestone.

Two kinds of players in this game, those who admit they’ve screwed up like that and the liars.

Just goes to show the tightrope that Leo1 is.

But next time count to ten more slowly :)

efoster29 #42 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 63842 battles
  • [SHADO]
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

Burning_Chrome #43 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28817 battles
  • [ALBA]
LOL - happens to us all. Law of probability :)

The_noble_Prinz #44 Posted 03 March 2018 - 10:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10614 battles
  • [VALKR]

When you went over the ridge and spotted the entire enemy team was the perfect moment to insert the "its' a trap!" meme.

"Then, it's my turn to taste you now"- Prinz Eugen AL 

Survived two years of Blitz.  

Guard_Of_Justitia #45 Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29902 battles
  • [HIALL]

I would class Irma to be a theoretical player... a bit weak on strategic and practical insight on certain tanks but on the other hand, a great tactical player who knows the tank that he plays and utilizes it well

The video is something everyone will suffer- this is no more than an full hp ammorack- sadly for him, he got ambushed and for that blunder, got a severe punishment for it. But this is what nakes the game interesting- different team layouts and strategies

Denii #46 Posted 03 March 2018 - 11:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 03 March 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

look down upon other Players from your High Unicum Seat at Mount Olympus, i consider this discussion closed.

I don't know why you keep bringing up my stats. I never said anything about them nor compared them to anyone's.

We are discussing here in general how to be a better player yet everyone seems to take everything personally. 

PanzerPsycho68 #47 Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostDenii, on 04 March 2018 - 12:46 AM, said:

I don't know why you keep bringing up my stats. I never said anything about them nor compared them to anyone's.

We are discussing here in general how to be a better player yet everyone seems to take everything personally. 

YOU wanted to start a discussion here how to be a better player !

That was not Irma Becx intention at all when he posted his video.

He just posted the video to entertain us and make fun of himself.

Yet you saw an opportunity to burn down someone you look down upto.

That was totally uncalled for and rude and unsportsmanlike. Who are you, anyway ??

Irma didn't ask for an assessment about the way he Noobed out, he knew that himself.

You were the one who came up with Irma's stats to prove your point he is a poor player.

And when said that I didn't like the way you burned him down, I got the same treatment.

You said that my stats proof, in your view, i do very poorly in German tanks, remember ?  

If you want a discussion about how to be a better player, I suggest you start a topic about it.

Don't play innocent about you don't understand that people take everything personal, after 

you first deliberately burned them down for no reason ; in a topic that was for pure fun only.

Suggest you sod off now and keep your haughty, arrogant, self-righteous opinions to yourself.

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 04 March 2018 - 10:10 AM.

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

jylpah #48 Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22935 battles
  • [AFK]
Love your self-irony, Irma. I do such mistakes all the time. My inner 6th Sense tells me “do not do it, the FV may still tunnel there!” and yet I still peek out to find out how my 6th Sense is was correct ...

Edited by jylpah, 04 March 2018 - 05:42 AM.

Blitzanalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

IrmaBecx #49 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDenii, on 04 March 2018 - 01:46 AM, said:

I think that's a bit rich.

The very first thing you did was throw my stats in my face, then you threw panzerpsychos stats in his face, and explained to us that playing Russian Heavy tanks had made you a better player. I'm not going to give you some logic proof that you did in fact compare your stats to everyone elses, I'll just remind you that throwing peoples stats in their face is considered bad form. A faux pas. A breach of etiquette. It's not comme il faut, and I think we've all been very accommodating considering the way you've presented yourself. You certainly can't blame people for taking things personal when you criticise them personally, that's just not how it works.

"We" are in fact not discussing how to be a better player here. You are. Everyone else are joining me in celebration of passing a milestone I am very proud to have achieved, and having a laugh at my expense. They all seem to understand that the fact I posted a video of myself getting vaporised by the entire enemy team even though any idiot could have very easily foreseen what was going to happen, does not automatcally mean I have no understanding of the game whatsoever. It just means I am human, and that I am not afraid to admit my mistakes. Laugh at them, even.

I spend a lot of time around players who are miles better than me, and it's not always such a pleasant experience because as someone noted, whatever it is that makes you a good player is not necessarily the same thing that makes you a good person. And the fact they play the game much better than me doesn't necessarily mean they have anything at all worthwhile to say about it. Often, their argument will simply be "you are wrong about this because I have purple stats and you don't". There really isn't a lot for me to do with that; it doesn't explain to me how and where they feel my own argument is lacking. What am I supposed to learn about gameplay from the fact some other person has some purple numbers?

Anyway. I'd like to thank everyone for your insightful and supportive comments. :)

https://twitter.com/IrmaBecx

Wat? OMG! IrmaDrivesTanks on Youtube!

The IrmaBecx School of Tank Philosophy

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

PanzerPsycho68 #50 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

Dear IrmaBecx,

Very well pointed out and I couldn't agree more with it !

Denii #51 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 04 March 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

YOU wanted to start a discussion here how to be a better player !

So now we are not allowed to give suggestions? Says who? As long as this is an open forum, as long as I am following these forums, I will write my opinions. I stand to what I have said so far. 

PanzerPsycho68 #52 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28209 battles
  • [PFI]

View PostDenii, on 04 March 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

So now we are not allowed to give suggestions? Says who? As long as this is an open forum, as long as I am following these forums, I will write my opinions. I stand to what I have said so far. 

Unbelievable !

You still don't seem to grasp that you were WAY out of line here !

Start to learn to be more civilized, before you post your opinions.

I suggest you read Irma's last post thorough and take it to heart.

Edited by PanzerPsycho68, 04 March 2018 - 10:26 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #53 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32678 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostDenii, on 04 March 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

I may have missed it, too busy trying to improve my awful stats, no need to look them up; but the objections are to how you presented your suggestions and that you’d totally misread the tone of the original post.  Congrats on your lovely stats; congrats Irma on the milestone and contributing constructively to the forums.

547146227.png

llo1 #54 Posted 04 March 2018 - 10:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 30883 battles
  • [1RTR]

Nice answer Irma. 

The only person I accept to throw my stats against me is me!

I simply ignore anyone else unless they have some ideas that I can use to help me play better, and not to let the team down as spectacular as I can. Purple stats! There are too many people who think that is the be all and end all of everything.

I do admit to losing it occasionally, but it is normally against myself, or the system which seems to be against me. At such a time I will remove myself from the game for a period.......no one else has that effect against me, and if they try they find themselves either blocked or if it too personal reported and then blocked.

IrmaBecx #55 Posted 04 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDenii, on 04 March 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

No one is disputing your right to give your opinion. I even thanked you for your well meaning suggestions several times, and explained to you why I won't be following them. What more do you want? And yes, this is an "open forum" in the sense that anyone can register, but there are also limitations on what you are able to express here. Please refer to the forum rules to see all the ways in which your freedom of speech is being limited.

The issue here is giving your opinion about something unrelated to the issue in question, and also the way in which you presented yourself. I called it a "faux pas", which is a French expression literally translated as "false step", but what it means is someone overstepping social boundaries by saying or doing something tactless or inappropriate and embarrassing themselves in front of others. Like speaking loudly in a library, or propositioning someone at their own wedding.

If you don't like French, the Americans have a similar expression; they say someone has "screwed the pooch", which has the similar meaning of making an embarrassing mistake or going about something in the completely wrong way. Do you see what I am getting at here?

"Allez, bande de singes! Vous voulez vivre pour l'éternité?" - Ferdinand Foch, 8 Sep. 1914

HariKariGaryNeedsaCarry #56 Posted 04 March 2018 - 12:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24065 battles
  • [OLD]

Perfect example of a forum thread. A forumer, in this case a well respected one and a CC, posts a thread which isn’t whinging about WG/MM/RNG/Green/red Team etc etc

Its a thread to say hey, I’ve done a video of my 20,000 game as it’s quite a milestone and despite it not being a classic mastery or a boring win where I do maybe 1k damage, it was a spectacular fail, but rather than think sod that, no way I’m posting that on forum, Irma puts it up there for all to enjoy.

Its not a post asking for people to pat him on the back and say wow what a great game Irma, so equally it doesn’t deserve idiots having a pop at him.  Yes you are an idiot for having a go, no I haven’t checked your stats and can’t be bothered to do so as people like you hold no interest for me. Your a Troll, an A55 and a muppet.

The forum is a place for learning, shared experiences and fun, not a place to attack and criticise others. Idiots should simply be ignored.  People like Irma have earned our respect, hence we feel the need to defend him. Fortunately people like Irma will continue to post on the forum, he contributes greatly and will continue to do so as he is bigger and better than anyone who just attacks to provoke a reaction. Haters gonna hate, Irmas gonna stay classy. 

harikarigaryneedsacarry_snowjag_eng.jpeg

Denii #57 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26916 battles
  • [KS-AL]

The way I see it that you and your followers think I am disputing you Diva status by highlighting some shortcomings, which are very much real. Well I don't care about your status. In my eyes everyone is the same.

Unfortunately the trend here seems to be that mediocrity is encouraged and high achievements frowned upon.

What if had I posted under an account with 0 games? I am sure a lot of hypocrite players would have slanted me for being a noob who doesn't know what I am talking about.

Mediocre and poor players can continue their path or you can choose to teach them how to do better.

This is a team game. Play it like one.

IrmaBecx #58 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 29587 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDenii, on 04 March 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

The way I see it that you and your followers think I am disputing you Diva status by highlighting some shortcomings, which are very much real. Well I don't care about your status. In my eyes everyone is the same.

Unfortunately the trend here seems to be that mediocrity is encouraged and high achievements frowned upon.

I've already thanked you for your input, and told you I've had enough of you highlighting my shortcomings; you've made your point quite clear. What was it I wrote in the original post and in the video description that made you think I was unaware of my failings as a tank driver? In case you've forgotten, this is what I wrote:

"I wasn't going to post it, and I am not super happy about how it turned out; not going to lie, but I mean I don't care about being a noob sometimes, and this is, after all, my twenty thousandth game. (...) ...as I said it was a total bust. It's not even a heartbreak, it's just a noob-out. I figured it could serve as a warning or something, or get a few laughs, and it's definitely going to make even more people ask "how the fXck is this guy a Community Contributor?!". So hope you all are having a nice saturday; get ready for some disappointment: "

"Yeah. It's a total noob-out. Completely hopeless. There's really nothing to see here, except me getting obliterated by the *entire* enemy team about a third of a second after poking over a hill. Supreme uninstall-grade noobery. But it *is* also my 20.000:th game, so here it is. Get ready for disappointment."

Edited by IrmaBecx, 04 March 2018 - 01:37 PM.

Guard_Of_Justitia #59 Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29902 battles
  • [HIALL]

View PostIrmaBecx, on 04 March 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

I've already thanked you for your input, and told you I've had enough of you highlighting my shortcomings; you've made your point quite clear. What was it I wrote in the original post and in the video description that made you think I was unaware of my failings as a tank driver? In case you've forgotten, this is what I wrote:

"I wasn't going to post it, and I am not super happy about how it turned out; not going to lie, but I mean I don't care about being a noob sometimes, and this is, after all, my twenty thousandth game. (...) ...as I said it was a total bust. It's not even a heartbreak, it's just a noob-out. I figured it could serve as a warning or something, or get a few laughs, and it's definitely going to make even more people ask "how the fXck is this guy a Community Contributor?!". So hope you all are having a nice saturday; get ready for some disappointment: "

"Yeah. It's a total noob-out. Completely hopeless. There's really nothing to see here, except me getting obliterated by the *entire* enemy team about a third of a second after poking over a hill. Supreme uninstall-grade noobery. But it *is* also my 20.000:th game, so here it is. Get ready for disappointment."

Irma. You have clearly acknowledged that you are not exactly a unicum and that is what everyone knwos. but what people should also acknowledge is your tactical insight.  Your 'papers' provide great information to this forum and that is what I respect you for. Besides your restrained responses suggests unlike some, you are quite mature and this is what even strengthens my respect

jylpah #60 Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22935 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi all,

I did not read Denii's first post as an assault that deserved this Spanish Inquisition. Irma posted the video as tongue-in-cheek, but Denii's reply was not "way out of the line" considering that Irma's peeking out while still spotted was really Noobish move even for tier VI.

Can we all just calm down a bit, please?

Blitzanalysiz.com  In-depth analysis of WoT Blitz game statistics

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Blitz-tools  

Also tagged with tank philosophy, noob, uninstall

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users