WZ-120

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Dassem_ #1 Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35154 battles
  • [AFK]

yeah.... bu now, ive gone several rounds with this tank... and for reasons ive had a hard time grasping, it really sucks.... but ill try explaining why. Ill start by fitting the 100mm gun, and then ill have a go at the 122mm later.

On paper, with the 100mm gun, this tank really resembels the awsome T-54. The differences appear to be... suttle. (i use the higher pen gun on the 54 in this comparison):

- T-54 has 2% more dpm

- T-54 has 7% higher shell velocity

- WZ has superior ammo type AP/APCR over APCR/HEAT

- WZ has 22% better aimtime

- WZ has 3% better dispersion

- T-54 has MUCH better dispersion on move than WZ

- T-54 has 23% better power/weight ratio

- WZ has much better terrain resist values

- T-54 has 4% better traverse

- T-54 has 10m better viewrange

- T-54 has 20% more front hull armour

ok, as you can see, the differences look marginal. the tanks also look extremely similar. almost identical. So why is there such a massive difference in how they perform?

1. Chinese meds get tunneled. I find this to be more true the higher the tier. The WZ will cause the reds to drop their coffee and chase after it like a dog after a thrown stick.

2. Mobility. Effective mobility should on paper be similar to the T-54, but its not. Nowhere near. Getting a move on from standing still takes ages in the WZ compared to the T-54. Running away when getting pushed on, even by heavy tanks, is impossible.

3. Dispersion on the move. This is where the T-54 excels. peek around an ovstacle, plant a shell in a weakspot, and pull back. All done in the blink of an eye. In the WZ, you have to stop and aim. And whats more, having to stop to shoot, combined with the poor acceleration of the WZ, makes the WZ sooooo much more slow on the battlefield.

4. Silhouette. Take a closer look. they look almost identical, but the WZ hull is maybe 10–15cm taller than the T-54, making it far less effective in a close up brawl, especially combined with the thinner front armour . Take another look, and see the turret on the WZ being located just a little bit further back from the top of the upper glacis. This meas that when going hull down behind a dune/slope, you will usually expose a little more of your hull side, allowing the reds to pen you.

All in all, these numerous small differences add up to make the WZ feel like only half the tank the T-54 is.

The 122mm gun:

- horrible dpm

- 3deg gun depression only

- even slower 

yeah, the 122mm gun has extremely low carry potential. I still run it with this gun, just to avoid the feeling of driving the worlds worst T-54...

Check out The Dassem Channel

SfMercenary1312 #2 Posted 05 March 2018 - 11:55 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26852 battles
just wait until u get 121, u disappoint even more.... only armor is in turret, mobility is ok, but 2,4k dpm in tier 10 is jsut a joke, u reload 9,7s an nobody fears u

Calisota #3 Posted 07 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29203 battles
  • [NXGEN]

View PostSfMercenary1312, on 05 March 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

just wait until u get 121, u disappoint even more.... only armor is in turret, mobility is ok, but 2,4k dpm in tier 10 is jsut a joke, u reload 9,7s an nobody fears u

The DPM is really bad, but it doesn't fell THAT bad tbh. I still have been able to get my 2000avg dmg on the 121 while I mysteriously fail to get 2000avg dmg on either Leopard 1, E50M, M60 BC-25T or even 121B. It doesnt feel like a real medium, more like an agile heavy tank. The aim is awesome for the guns caliber (2.3sec aimtime at 0.301 dispersion) and the penetration in combination with the alpha feels utterly amazing. Dealing 465dmg in a medium more than once in a lifetime is something the reds remember - after the first minutes the reds know to NOT peek out when I'm aiming at them. :trollface: 

The mobility is good enough for its firepower(even tho reload is shitty) and also the armor stands a chance is a CQB with russian meds or even a Leopard 1(HE babyyy). I play it like a mix of a Heavy and Destroyer; Yes... sounds tragic but is much fun.;)

Stay hidden first minute and deal on first spotted to cause fear, go to the weaker flank and push trough if they split or run around the map behind reds. My ammo loadout is also quite strange for a medium: 50% AP, 25% HEAT(fail not so often as russian HEATs) 25% HE for american buns and german glassguns.

Hope that can help you a bit with 121, the real Heavy armored Medium Tank Destroyer :great:

SfMercenary1312 #4 Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26852 battles

View PostCalisota, on 07 March 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

The DPM is really bad, but it doesn't fell THAT bad tbh. I still have been able to get my 2000avg dmg on the 121 while I mysteriously fail to get 2000avg dmg on either Leopard 1, E50M, M60 BC-25T or even 121B. It doesnt feel like a real medium, more like an agile heavy tank. The aim is awesome for the guns caliber (2.3sec aimtime at 0.301 dispersion) and the penetration in combination with the alpha feels utterly amazing. Dealing 465dmg in a medium more than once in a lifetime is something the reds remember - after the first minutes the reds know to NOT peek out when I'm aiming at them. :trollface: 

The mobility is good enough for its firepower(even tho reload is shitty) and also the armor stands a chance is a CQB with russian meds or even a Leopard 1(HE babyyy). I play it like a mix of a Heavy and Destroyer; Yes... sounds tragic but is much fun.;)

Stay hidden first minute and deal on first spotted to cause fear, go to the weaker flank and push trough if they split or run around the map behind reds. My ammo loadout is also quite strange for a medium: 50% AP, 25% HEAT(fail not so often as russian HEATs) 25% HE for american buns and german glassguns.

Hope that can help you a bit with 121, the real Heavy armored Medium Tank Destroyer :great:

Yea, I play it like that, but still it's fun but a bit disappointment, av damage is also 2k on it on me. but example COD is pain while havin 10s reload, but it's doable. Td style was first to do ( i play most games on td) And now what i've noticed if u manage to get a lowspot where u get hull hidin, and dont need to aim down at all, it's sweet, 90% shot's doesnt pen turret of 121.

in my opinion, 121 is missing fear factor, 400 alpha on 10s reload, quite few fears it like 62 or 140 . it should have 440 alpha on 10s reload , then it would be true feared chinese medium.

QUINOA_KRKN #5 Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29840 battles
  • [_KRKN]
The dpm are really lacking in my opinion. It's a 122mm gun with 400 alpha, which has absolutely nothing special at this tier. I get 400+ shots with my 350 alpha meds, and I get an awful lot of low rolls in the 121. Alright, it's RNG but 121 should have something special, something where you can perform better than the others. And a 400 alpha at T10 is absolutely not special. You can peek a boom quite effectively against Russian meds for sure, but if they're not that dumb they'll simply rush you and outdpm you all day long. The dpm on that tank's a joke, even my Type 62 3 tiers lower has better dpm. You can certainly make a living of this tank, but it really is hard and I don't have any reason to pick it over a T-62A which is getting buffed at every patch wow. I'm really hoping for a dpm buff on the 121, and a true 420 alpha on a 122mm gun.

symmachiary1975 #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:47 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43042 battles
  • [-GNS-]

I think that the wz-120 must be buffed. But the DPM isnt the best improvement. The depression of the gun might be the same than PC gamer, -5 degrees, it& a joke than one médium can't  go to the Hill of Mines, to the center's hill of death railr for example

The second thing to improvement is the alfa. This tank must hace better Alfa than the the t-34-2. It might be equal  a is-8, 460, witjthe samw dpm. This way the tanks excels on a peek a boo

pokerfana #7 Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30082 battles
  • [CZPRE]

WZ 120 need 5 degrees of depression , then this tank will be balanced

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde

Rasenmaehermann #8 Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5292 battles
  • [DERRP]

View Postpokerfana, on 21 May 2018 - 05:53 AM, said:

WZ 120 need 5 degrees of depression , then this tank will be balanced

Nooooo!  It needs to keep its quirkiness/charisma! :)  When one has a good battle in the WZ, it feels deserved.  We dont want all tanks to feel the same. The gun could use the 440 alpha though.

I cant wait to have it in Blitz as well.

shot_090.jpg

Edited by Rasenmaehermann, 27 December 2019 - 12:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users