Why does the person who shouts things at me every battle have an American accent?

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Gentleman_l8astard #101 Posted 01 April 2018 - 05:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11226 battles
  • [ALBA]

BellaTrix is a charming Brit,

Who with a cunning turn of wit,

Took a thread full of language approximations,

And managed to combine a few nations,

It grants a bemused understanding,

This Rebels accent notwithstanding.

_BeLLaTrix_PoTenS_ #102 Posted 01 April 2018 - 06:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15293 battles
  • [-BPS-]

BLACK__Legion®™

BellaTrix is a charming Brit,

Who with a cunning turn of wit,

Took a thread full of language approximations,

And managed to combine a few nations,

It grants a bemused understanding,

This Rebels accent notwithstanding.

Your Retort is Surprisingly Quick!

In Contrast to Your Compatriot Yelling in my 'SPIC'

If Your offended I'm Sorry, 

But Hes Really a Worry,

As He's Drunk as Well as Just Thick! 

XD

Edited by _BeLLaTrix_PoTenS_, 01 April 2018 - 06:34 AM.

Gentleman_l8astard #103 Posted 01 April 2018 - 08:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11226 battles
  • [ALBA]

I must admittedly admit,

My powers of prose are not quite “it”.

But flowery phrases from my tank,

Really just draws me a blank.

An exclamation of “That ones hit!”,

Chimes much better than “innit”!

Like Henny Higgins actuate,

My Fair Lady, “Just you wait!”.

Edited by Black__Legion, 01 April 2018 - 09:12 AM.

Jammytwss212 #104 Posted 01 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37030 battles
  • [TWSS]

I have actually been to some of the states in the south. I went on a tour with an indian friend, playing basketball in these differnet states; texas, louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and florida. Inside and around the courts, the people seem nice, probably because they are used to seeing non-whites playing basketball often. But when I went out to buy lunch or sightseeing me and my indian friend were getting funny looks and the occasional comment which our mentor told us to ignore. The only states I found genuinly friendly were alabama and florida. I dont know maybe it was because it was around the time of the trump presidential elections but I was 15 at the time of this and it has stuck with me since.

Being mixed race I get enough crap in the UK but going to america just made me give up on humanity which is probably why I still play this game.

I am sorry that I made that previous comment. I was just annoyed when someone said that those from the south were nice. I will think more now before I post as I shouldn't have caused you upset.

Gentleman_l8astard #105 Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11226 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostJammytwss212, on 01 April 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

I have actually been to some of the states in the south. I went on a tour with an indian friend, playing basketball in these differnet states; texas, louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and florida. Inside and around the courts, the people seem nice, probably because they are used to seeing non-whites playing basketball often. But when I went out to buy lunch or sightseeing me and my indian friend were getting funny looks and the occasional comment which our mentor told us to ignore. The only states I found genuinly friendly were alabama and florida. I dont know maybe it was because it was around the time of the trump presidential elections but I was 15 at the time of this and it has stuck with me since.

Being mixed race I get enough crap in the UK but going to america just made me give up on humanity which is probably why I still play this game.

I am sorry that I made that previous comment. I was just annoyed when someone said that those from the south were nice. I will think more now before I post as I shouldn't have caused you upset.

Fair enough, and I will take it upon myself to give you an apology for my fellow Americans actions.  Yes, there are idiots everywhere, tho I feel the the idiots in the States (especially in the South) get a little more attention than in other areas of the world.  As you yourself said you get a lot of it in the UK as well, and me being an American in Germany have had my fair share of it as well.  

Even so, I have never seen a place that can be more hospitable than the areas I grew up in.  Please don’t let a handful of bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

Jammytwss212 #106 Posted 01 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37030 battles
  • [TWSS]

View PostBlack__Legion, on 01 April 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

Fair enough, and I will take it upon myself to give you an apology for my fellow Americans actions.  Yes, there are idiots everywhere, tho I feel the the idiots in the States (especially in the South) get a little more attention than in other areas of the world.  As you yourself said you get a lot of it in the UK as well, and me being an American in Germany have had my fair share of it as well.  

Even so, I have never seen a place that can be more hospitable than the areas I grew up in.  Please don’t let a handful of bad apples spoil the whole bunch.

Sure mate np. I understand now that in an area there are good people, there are bad people and there are misunderstood people. I guess some places have a little more bad and misunderstood people as a percentage compared to other places.

Mjr_Eazy #107 Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31011 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostJammytwss212, on 01 April 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

Sure mate np. I understand now that in an area there are good people, there are bad people and there are misunderstood people. I guess some places have a little more bad and misunderstood people as a percentage compared to other places.

As you’ve experienced and I have seen for my cousins (my Auntie is black)  - the UK has those areas and people too, don’t give up on humanity just yet we’re not all bad! 

547146227.png

_DisResPekT_PoTenS_ #108 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23735 battles
  • [-BPS-]

Don't worry, be happy!

According to BlitzNews

"Answers from Tankfest 2018 in Bovington:

- When will the voice for the British?

- Doing that asap"

Edited by _DisResPekT_PoTenS_, 15 July 2018 - 12:33 AM.

PanzerPsycho68 #109 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28069 battles
  • [PFI]

View Post_DisResPekT_PoTenS_, on 15 July 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Don't worry, be happy!

According to BlitzNews

"Answers from Tankfest 2018 in Bovington:

- When will the voice for the British?

- Doing that asap"

Reaction on a Post, last entered at April 1st !  Really necessary ?  :facepalm:

Clan Leader of the Panzer-Vernichter Clan and a devoted German Tank Driver !

Knickerson #110 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33301 battles
  • [ICN]

Sk8xtrm reported that WG will be making a British voiceover, and it won't be Sk8's voice.

Personally, I was starting to look forward to getting in my Cromwell at Copperfield, watching the countdown to zero and hearing "Hi all, this is Sk8!" What a pleasant way to start a game.

Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

_BeLLaTrix_PoTenS_ #111 Posted 25 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15293 battles
  • [-BPS-]

View PostPanzerPsycho68, on 15 July 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Reaction on a Post, last entered at April 1st !  Really necessary ?  :facepalm:

Well you read it didn’t you?? 

Lol! 

Edited by _BeLLaTrix_PoTenS_, 25 September 2018 - 04:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users