A problem with a solution without a problem.

4.8 Cheating Mods WG

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

SAX0N_WARRI0R #1 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
  • [1RTR]

This whole no mods at all got me thinking, I have over 32,000 battles and I have never come across any cheating as far as I can tell, I certainly have never had any reason to think anyone was gaining any unfair advantage. However I use mods myself, specifically guns sounds, hit sounds and crew voices, none of which give any advantage over anyone running vanilla blitz, and I know a significant number of players use similar none-advantageous mods. 

What I'm getting at is that as far as I can tell this is a big old waste of time and effort from WG that's not going to make any difference in the long run, and in the mean time is reducing the enjoyment for a large number of players, not to mention the large amount of work done by skilled and honest modders that's now going to waste.

However I realise the with the way the game works it is possible that I have just been lucky not to meet a cheater so with that in mind.

1. Has anyone come across someone the thought might be cheating, and why? 

2. Has anyone come across someone they know is cheating, and how did u know?

3. Do you think it is reasonable to take away much enjoyment from the game from so many people in response to a problem the as far as I can tell bearly even exists?

Edited by SAX0N_WARRI0R, 28 March 2018 - 02:15 PM.

Cancracker #2 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61690 battles
  • [COBRA]
Because they have undertaken such measures, which I support, there must be a valid reason to do so. Probably the main reason which I also have encountered are module skins. Possibly there are more severe ones.

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

SAX0N_WARRI0R #3 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCancracker, on 28 March 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

Because they have undertaken such measures, which I support, there must be a valid reason to do so. Probably the main reason which I also have encountered are module skins. Possibly there are more severe ones.

I know that, thats not what I asked. hahaha are u serious? They did it so there must be a valid reason, that is some monumentally poor logic. There must be a good reason for the timers then?

Have u ever encountered cheating in game? How do you know?

Edited by SAX0N_WARRI0R, 28 March 2018 - 02:53 PM.

soulinthemachine #4 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40975 battles
  • [TENC]
Are there mods to show you where specifically  to shoot to damage an enemies individual modules when you zoom in on aim ? That is if you are facing a tiger or a sherman will it show where modules are on each?

SAX0N_WARRI0R #5 Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postsoulinthemachine, on 28 March 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

Are there mods to show you where specifically  to shoot to damage an enemies individual modules when you zoom in on aim ? That is if you are facing a tiger or a sherman will it show where modules are on each?

yes such mods do exist however I would actually dispute whether these mods really give any significant advantage compared to other standard game legal methods, having seen videos and pics of these mods, anyone using them would need to come out from there cover find the correct module before they shoot, where as anyone who does what I did and just uses armour inspector to learn where the modules are can pop out from cover already aiming where ever I want to aim and take my shot much faster, there by reducing the time the enemy has to return fire - a clear and obvious advantage.

Edited by SAX0N_WARRI0R, 28 March 2018 - 02:55 PM.

Titus_Scato #6 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40780 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostSAX0N_WARRI0R, on 28 March 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

I know that that, thats not what I asked. hahaha are u serious? They did it so there must be a valid reason, that is some monumentally poor logic. There must be a good reason for the timers then?

Have u ever encountered cheating in game? How do you know?

The purpose of the timers is to make a profit out of players with more money than sense.  Clearly its worth the aggravation from the rest of us, or they would have been removed by now.

A mod for gunsight reticle that changes colour when you are aiming at armour you can pen 100% is cheating, especially when used in arcade view on a fast tank taking long range shots.  But it would be impossible for an opponent on the red team to detect that anything untoward was happening.  Only WG could find that out.

reekoiler #7 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34808 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Well, actually, I have cheated.   I know because I got some angry ingame and post game-messages yesterday from some Stug driver I wasted in my Pz. V/IV.   He called me a ‘cheater’ and a [edited].   I asked him what he was on about but he didn’t want to discuss it.   I am sure he had something on me though and expect to be banned any day now.

soulinthemachine #8 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40975 battles
  • [TENC]

View PostSAX0N_WARRI0R, on 28 March 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

yes such mods do exist however I would actually dispute whether these mods really give any significant advantage compared to other standard game legal methods, having seen videos and pics of these mods, anyone using them would need to come out from there cover find the correct module before they shoot, where as anyone who does what I did and just uses armour inspector to learn where the modules are can pop out from cover already aiming where ever I want to aim and take my shot much faster, there by reducing the time the enemy has to return fire - a clear and obvious advantage.

Well if so Wargaming would have to inspect and go through all mods to see if they give an advantage or not.Quiet a big task .I do feel sorry for people who have mods that offer no advantage. 

Titus_Scato #9 Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40780 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postreekoiler, on 28 March 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Well, actually, I have cheated.   I know because I got some angry ingame and post game-messages yesterday from some Stug driver I wasted in my Pz. V/IV.   He called me a ‘cheater’ and a [edited].   I asked him what he was on about but he didn’t want to discuss it.   I am sure he had something on me though and expect to be banned any day now.

You cheated the day you crawled out of your mother's womb.  Go and crawl back in.  ;)

voicilaalex #10 Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4207 battles
  • [RUSSA]
A lot of child's with no brain have a bad attitude how I can report them,I'm playin from my phone (adroid)

Marty93_ #11 Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22326 battles
  • [1RTR_]
You need to look at the bright side of it: Instead of going through all the troublesome work of installing camo mods you can now simply buy legendary camos for a small amount of gold. What a lucky coincidence that with this update many legendary camos are permanently available. ;)

Cancracker #12 Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61690 battles
  • [COBRA]
And when they are gone, mods will be allowed again... Module skins too... Just great...

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

SAX0N_WARRI0R #13 Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postsoulinthemachine, on 28 March 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

Well if so Wargaming would have to inspect and go through all mods to see if they give an advantage or not.Quiet a big task .I do feel sorry for people who have mods that offer no advantage. 

that's not the point I was making, although that seems to be exactly what WG intend to do. What I'm getting at is that if cheating has so little effect on the game that a 32000 game player (I'm far from the only one) has never even noticed it then it's just not that serious a problem, and didn't need such a ridiculously strong armed aproch from WG, when they could have used the opportunity of the tiny 4.8 update to add 4/5 new reticule of different styles and add not higher quality but more realistic gun sounds, and add some of the many player made camos to the game. They can then ban all mods later and cause far less frustraton for those of us who use legal mods.

minitelrose #14 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 64385 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSAX0N_WARRI0R, on 28 March 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

This whole no mods at all got me thinking, I have over 32,000 battles and I have never come across any cheating as far as I can tell, I certainly have never had any reason to think anyone was gaining any unfair advantage. However I use mods myself, specifically guns sounds, hit sounds and crew voices, none of which give any advantage over anyone running vanilla blitz, and I know a significant number of players use similar none-advantageous mods. 

What I'm getting at is that as far as I can tell this is a big old waste of time and effort from WG that's not going to make any difference in the long run, and in the mean time is reducing the enjoyment for a large number of players, not to mention the large amount of work done by skilled and honest modders that's now going to waste.

However I realise the with the way the game works it is possible that I have just been lucky not to meet a cheater so with that in mind.

1. Has anyone come across someone the thought might be cheating, and why? 

2. Has anyone come across someone they know is cheating, and how did u know?

3. Do you think it is reasonable to take away much enjoyment from the game from so many people in response to a problem the as far as I can tell bearly even exists?

how can u tell that it never happened ?

first of all I think in EU we ar epretty oaid back about it all. But it doesn’t mean it’s the same on all servers. 

• yes there was big noise when in the NA cup people refrained from using mods, but the winning team was caught using forbidden module skins. That player was “forgiven” and went to the finals. There they discovered every russian team used them. The rules seemed different for each participant. How fair and clean does this all sound ?
  • i think this is primarily targeting the RU server. Some friend playing on the RU server told me no one serious plays the vanilla client there. Even further: no one plays only legal mod — ie everyone uses cheats. Blitz is much more immune to cheating. But...
  • i saw videos of skins with internal modules displayed. Big deal. Then I also saw skins with transparent buildings. Like you can see what they are doing and preaim exactly where you want. Yup I call that advantage. Then I do think thee are timers counting after each shot, how much time until your next reload. And so on. 

Of course my opinion is clear on the low life spending hours installing all those to gain some 0.5 winrate while stat padding continuously in their IS-spam with their eaqully cheat loaded -toon.

but the issue is the more they are, the more it becomes the norm and the less the game is playable. 

In the end everyone does it and the low life becomes the guy at letting To play vanilla. Like in the PC ru server. 

At this point. I call the game broken. 

Im glad blitz is cleaned before reaching the dirt pit. 

Edited by minitelrose, 28 March 2018 - 09:31 PM.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

talhaONE #15 Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16335 battles
  • [CZZR]

View Postminitelrose, on 28 March 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

first of all I think in EU we ar epretty oaid back about it all. But it doesn’t mean it’s the same on all servers. 

• yes there was big noise when in the NA cup people refrained from using mods, but the winning team was caught using forbidden module skins. That player was “forgiven” and went to the finals. There they discovered every russian team used them. The rules seemed different for each participant. How fair and clean does this all sound ?
  • i think this is primarily targeting the RU server. Some friend playing on the RU server told me no one serious plays the vanilla client there. Even further: no one plays only legal mod — ie everyone uses cheats. Blitz is much more immune to cheating. But...
  • i saw videos of skins with internal modules displayed. Big deal. Then I also saw skins with transparent buildings. Like you can see what they are doing and preaim exactly where you want. Yup I call that advantage. Then I do think thee are timers counting after each shot, how much time until your next reload. And so on. 

Of course my opinion is clear on the low life spending hours installing all those to gain some 0.5 winrate while stat padding continuously in their IS-spam with their eaqully cheat loaded -toon.

but the issue is the more they are, the more it becomes the norm and the less the game is playable. 

In the end everyone does it and the low life becomes the guy at letting To play vanilla. Like in the PC ru server. 

Invisible texture on buildings?Hell yeah.

SAX0N_WARRI0R #16 Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postminitelrose, on 28 March 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

it's not that I think it didn't happen, it's just that if we can't tell someone is cheating then is it worth the frustration to the players who use clean mods?

Whether or not I do any better now that there are no cheaters is something I'm very interested to see though, will I get ammo racked/set on fire less? I'll be pretty surprised if there is any noticable difference.

I'm glad WG are putting a stop to cheating and I'd even be fine with banning all mods if WG would just give use a choice of reticule and less ridiculous gun and hit sounds. 

minitelrose #17 Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 64385 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSAX0N_WARRI0R, on 28 March 2018 - 11:11 PM, said:

it's not that I think it didn't happen, it's just that if we can't tell someone is cheating then is it worth the frustration to the players who use clean mods?

Whether or not I do any better now that there are no cheaters is something I'm very interested to see though, will I get ammo racked/set on fire less? I'll be pretty surprised if there is any noticable difference.

I'm glad WG are putting a stop to cheating and I'd even be fine with banning all mods if WG would just give use a choice of reticule and less ridiculous gun and hit sounds. 

Again it isn’t about u or me our ur feelings or mine. It is about the game going sideways on some servers and correcting before it gets out of hands. 

My understanding - or expectation - would be the they open a regulated market soon after with authorized mods, and possibly with some payments (both for wargaming and for mod creators if they chose so). it would sound very neat and convenient. Making mods, and regulating the mod market takes work that needs funding — mod makers could still opt to release their work for free.

and if the mods aren’t approved, then it shouldn’t be possible to use it.

hmmm at least that’s if WG is smart.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

SAX0N_WARRI0R #18 Posted 28 March 2018 - 10:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38098 battles
  • [1RTR]
Would be great if that happened but I'll be surprised if it does

Also tagged with 4.8, Cheating, Mods, WG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users