rigging matchmaker bias protected players

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Cancracker #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65780 battles
  • [CFG]

The event was progressing relatively good till this morning when after a few good games I decide to get the bullet and play the 5 games in succession. Before that I had some wins, one loss then 3 wins. After, all hell broke loose. 

And the result was

Naturally after those 5 battles were over the situation turned

So what had actually happened?

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

jonty_2014 #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67133 battles
  • [EMRS]
The MM algorithm hates you.  No one else, just you.

Stop complaining about it.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Cancracker #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65780 battles
  • [CFG]

So I started calculating the mean global win rate per team and the one for the specific vehicle in the battle. The results were as expected demonstrating strong to moderate bias.

Greens vs Reds, global and specific win rates

50.05 vs 52.37 ; 47.43 vs 50

51.2 vs 52.47 ; 46.71 vs 52.71

49.97 vs 51.07 ; 47.71 vs 48

50.59 vs 54.41 ; 47.14 vs 49.57

47.45 vs 51.53. ; 44.71 vs 48.29

The games were all supremacy and involved extremely noob heavies which always went down on maps like Middleburg and Black Goldville, ending up flanking and losing on tanks or points. Needless to say that 45% players did not follow what I told them to do and lost miserably. Reds were mostly grouped, imagine that...

After those miserably 5 games the matchmaker turned and provided the following

52.93 vs 51.06 ; 50 vs 47.71

In this last battle I had the highest number of XP. 

What we can conclude is:

• after launching those 5 battles the matchmaker shifts into rigged mode and stays that way irrespective of delays in pressing battles until they are finished 
  • after those 5 battles the matchmaker returns to normal operation probably due to the lack of noobs needed to rig other people's games 
  • having a bad team does not get you more XP than having a good one. Something some contradicted before but now they have been certainly proven wrong
  • Protected players rarely get such teams thus they get more XP and better stats. Having a marginally higher win rate almost guarantees the win but it's still entertaining so they won't be bored and leave the game.
  • 5 games are extremely easy to rig making this event a pure gold grab
  • rigging is not even that subtle and this event managed to emphasize its presence once more.

jonty_2014

talhaONE #4 Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17315 battles
  • [CZZR]

Mm is the only unfixable problem in game.

So keep going in your life.

Psychovadge #5 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46137 battles
  • [VG]

craphappens. I bought the Death Star at last, won 10 straight with no equipment fitted then lost the next 10. AfK greens, super unicum reds, super unicum greens doing zero, getting derped for zero myself you name it...totally sucked and was not enjoyable 8n the slightest. But that’s the game, it’s random, random good, random bad.

I suspect you put yourself under pressure for your 5 games and didn’t play well yourself.....

jonty_2014 #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67133 battles
  • [EMRS]

I still don’t get why some players are subject to “rigged” MM and others aren’t.

Who decides? And how?

And who benefits?

What’s the point?

I prefer to rationalise that your global winrate is a function of all the elements you contribute to your games, plus the net contribution of your team mates.

I got my Ch./T95 by paying slightly over 2k gold and using the Churchill III with its XP bonus, and my 68% WR and my average 1037 XP on it.  MM, rigged or otherwise didn’t get a look in.  That and two Mastery games in it...

Titus_Scato #7 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42103 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postjonty_2014, on 11 April 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

I still don’t get why some players are subject to “rigged” MM and others aren’t.

Who decides? And how?

And who benefits?

What’s the point?

I prefer to rationalise that your global winrate is a function of all the elements you contribute to your games, plus the net contribution of your team mates.

I got my Ch./T95 by paying slightly over 2k gold and using the Churchill III with its XP bonus, and my 68% WR and my average 1037 XP on it.  MM, rigged or otherwise didn’t get a look in.  That and two Mastery games in it...

Nicely done.

I’ve been driving the Churchill III too.  But only managed to get over 1,000 base xp in 2 out of 10 battles (without a premium account).

How often did you get over 1,000 base xp in your battles?  And did you have a premium account running during the event?  I’m still not sure if premium account makes a difference in this event or not.

Jukkis74 #8 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32700 battles
  • [AFK]
Yesterday was bad-bad-bad. Today and tomorrow will most likely be much better. Such is life with MM.

Cancracker #9 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65780 battles
  • [CFG]

View PostPsychovadge, on 11 April 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

craphappens. I bought the Death Star at last, won 10 straight with no equipment fitted then lost the next 10. AfK greens, super unicum reds, super unicum greens doing zero, getting derped for zero myself you name it...totally sucked and was not enjoyable 8n the slightest. But that’s the game, it’s random, random good, random bad.

I suspect you put yourself under pressure for your 5 games and didn’t play well yourself.....

So I put myself under more pressure and the matchmaker did too because my teams were weaker as the numbers show. But bore and after those 5 games teams were fine as can be seen in the screenshot. The question is why for those 5 games and only for those 5 games teams were that bad and behaved erratically? And I certainly don't believe in coincidences. 

Edited by Cancracker, 12 April 2018 - 09:09 AM.

jonty_2014

jonty_2014 #10 Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67133 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 11 April 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

Nicely done.

I’ve been driving the Churchill III too.  But only managed to get over 1,000 base xp in 2 out of 10 battles (without a premium account).

How often did you get over 1,000 base xp in your battles?  And did you have a premium account running during the event?  I’m still not sure if premium account makes a difference in this event or not.

Premium account doesn’t impact on base XP, but does nicely boost the trophy count.

I did have a good run of battles to keep the gold cost of the Ch./T95 down - but this was a balance of luck and ‘mad skillz’ as the young people say.

llo1 #11 Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28543 battles
  • [1RTR]

Well after deciding that due to my RL commitments, and WG inflexibility with the replenishment of the required task and times, there was no way I would be able to complete the competition.

I decided that I would simply grind for the other prizes, but I would wait until the completion was virtually over before cashing in!

However, since I started using the "Cloudfire DNS ", and have been experiencing more stable playing, and the number of rewards/xp/etc, from the standard game have been fairly consistent and improving, I have been occasionally looking to see how I have been progressing along the competition timeline!

Having progressed quite a way, and also seeing that the days are reducing faster than I would like, I decided yesterday to start to complete  sections. First target was simple....5 battles, 5 wins, however the aggregated damage varied from a nice 1180 first game, down to 400 for the last.....

I suddenly found myself in the position of being able to grind the second target.

Similar to Cancracker, I lost the first 4, whilst being highest scorer in all 4 with my AMX M4 45, but the typical high score was now down to under 600. But the teammates.........their combined score was not really noted by me, but I think the total between them would struggle to get anywhere near mine!

I therefore was very nervous of going into the last battle.....and it was another loss but with my own score enough to achieve the second target!

So I thought ok, now I need to get enough projectiles to achieve the next target........since then WIN or LOSE, I have struggled to actually hit target, rnd seems to have suddenly meant that unless I am alongside any target I see the shot sail over into the distance or into the ground - all outside the aiming circle than is at minimum.

And the number of shots that gather the comments "that one bounced" or "that one went right through" seem to increase exponentially!

So whilst I again have resigned myself to NOT being able to achieve yet another so called competition, as WG keep calling them, I have a simple question for everyone.

I know that some members of the forum have achieved this tank by reducing the required "gold" to a more acceptable level....BUT HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY ACHIEVED THE TANK SOLELY BY THE GRIND. 

Ie not used any gold at all!

soulinthemachine #12 Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46894 battles
  • [TENC]

View PostCancracker, on 12 April 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

So I put myself under more pressure and the matchmaker did too because my teams were weaker as the number shows. But bore and after those 5 games teams were fine as can be seen in the screenshot. The question is why for those 5 games and only for those 5 games teams were that bad and behaved erratically? And I certainly don't believe in coincidences. 

I don’t agree with Cancracker’s rigged against me theory but I had the same as him. 1st 5 games 600 xp (all losses)in a tank with an average of nearly 900xp over 1200 battles. 2 nd set of 5 did get a mastery . To me that’s the nature of random . 

Or who knows it is?:teethhappy:

LoadAimFireRun #13 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29736 battles
  • [-ROP-]
Same experiences, but I decided to help / assist my team mates since clearly I could not count om them support me. But still need to do two projectile missions. On Tier 10 rating battles I get between 1000 and 1250 base xp on a victory.

jonty_2014 #14 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67133 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostJJSawry, on 12 April 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Which begs the question, why make it in sessions of 5 games? Best 5 out of 50. Best 3 games in a day. Feels like gambling. Will I get decent teams, so I can get something done for the event?

Not gambling as you don’t have to pay real money to play the sets of 5 games, unless you really want to gold the 5th 6th projectile ... and ... it really does seem to be achievable for about 2-3000 gold. 

The gold price for going through all stages was fixed and clear as well.  There is an unknown element of how much this could be reduced, through play and getting the right high XP games, but this doesn’t look or feel like the totally egregious crate events. 

Edited by jonty_2014, 12 April 2018 - 09:13 AM.

Cancracker #15 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65780 battles
  • [CFG]

View Postsoulinthemachine, on 12 April 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

I don’t agree with Cancracker’s rigged against me theory but I had the same as him. 1st 5 games 600 xp (all losses)in a tank with an average of nearly 900xp over 1200 battles. 2 nd set of 5 did get a mastery . To me that’s the nature of random . 

Or who knows it is?:teethhappy:

I can't know if it's rigged against others too. All I can do is share may experiences and back them up with numbers. In this particular situation I players some games before and some after. As it turned out I won 3 previous game and 4 that followed that batch of 5 which counted for the event. It's a very unlikely coincidence. After all, I had a 1300 XP game before and a 1100 after, just not when it counted. This event is a gold grab in my opinion and they want to increase the gold expenditure by rigging games a bit. With 500-600 more XP I would have bought the tank but I'm not spending 3800 gold on it. It's not worth more than 2k.

jonty_2014

Cancracker #16 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65780 battles
  • [CFG]

Which begs the question, why make it in sessions of 5 games? Best 5 out of 50. Best 3 games in a day. Feels like gambling. Will I get decent teams, so I can get something done for the event?

Because then they need to control more games, 10 times as much in your example. They could run out of noobs to place on the green team and unicums for the red one. And still you might get better results. This event wasn't designed to be achieved for free. Fine, you need to spend a little bit of gold. But they want even more, which is not ok. And to give me a streak of losses in between wins exactly 5 games long is a clear sign of manipulation. 

jonty_2014

llo1 #17 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28543 battles
  • [1RTR]

Why not 5 games , it makes it.a simple round number, easy to manipulate should it be required, and with the current rnd good enough so the majority of players won't object if they lose a couple in 5 games!

JussiJii #18 Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37928 battles
  • [-WW-]
I fighted couple of X tier aces during those 5 battle perioids. So things went unexpectionally well.

RynnivaTykki #19 Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 63889 battles
  • [KORPI]

View PostCancracker, on 12 April 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

And to give me a streak of losses in between wins exactly 5 games long is a clear sign of manipulation. 

No, it's only a clear sign you don't understand what the word RANDOM means. But this must have been pointed out to you hundreds of times already.

I didn't get the damn tank either. But instead of bad MM, I am blaming the insane requirements for the fifth and sixth bullets. Like sk8 said: we are getting SHAFTED in this event.

Cancracker #20 Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 65780 battles
  • [CFG]

View PostRynnivaTykki, on 12 April 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

No, it's only a clear sign you don't understand what the word RANDOM means. But this must have been pointed out to you hundreds of times already.

I didn't get the damn tank either. But instead of bad MM, I am blaming the insane requirements for the fifth and sixth bullets. Like sk8 said: we are getting SHAFTED in this event.

There is random and there is a too much of a coincidence. It's just when thieves randomly rob your home when your not at home but not the neighbors that are at home. Yeah random... Please... This is not random, it's more like bullseye, precise surgical strike.

Edited by Cancracker, 12 April 2018 - 12:00 PM.

jonty_2014

Also tagged with rigging, matchmaker, bias, protected players

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users