Update 5.0!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #101 Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15154 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Were there 6 slots open before the update to 5.0?  You only get it if the 6 or more slots were already open...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Titus_Scato #102 Posted 28 June 2018 - 12:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38302 battles
  • [1RTR]

Please, please, PLEASE make the T-55A a GERMAN tank when it is released.  Not a hybrid nation tank.

Alternatively, if you are planning to introduce a Czech tank line in the future, and are adding Czech crew voices in preparation for this, you could make the T-55A a Czech tank.  

Czechoslovakia actually manufactured T-55A’s under license during the Cold War, and exported them to several allies, including East Germany.

Angel_Arrow #103 Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3878 battles
  • [WOTI]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 28 June 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

Please, please, PLEASE make the T-55A a GERMAN tank when it is released.  Not a hybrid nation tank.

Alternatively, if you are planning to introduce a Czech tank line in the future, and are adding Czech crew voices in preparation for this, you could make the T-55A a Czech tank.  

Czechoslovakia actually manufactured T-55A’s under license during the Cold War, and exported them to several allies, including East Germany.

Yes WG, please do, because this Blitz game is already sooooo historical correct. :teethhappy:

llo1 #104 Posted 28 June 2018 - 08:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24108 battles
  • [1RTR]
Anybody with an iPad had the update for the autoaim that was promised yesterday?

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

MaXSty1er #105 Posted 28 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 391 battles
  • [WG]

View Postllo1, on 28 June 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Anybody with an iPad had the update for the autoaim that was promised yesterday?

Guys, check for the update.

Now you're able to choose between new and old autoaim

Titus_Scato #106 Posted 28 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38302 battles
  • [1RTR]

Friendly fire should be brought back.  But with a difference:

When your gun is pointing directly at a green tank, and you press the fire button, the gun DOESN’T shoot, and a crew voice says “That’s a friendly!”

I.e. ‘your tank’s gunner is smarter than you are’.

So the only way to hit a green tank with your shot is to aim and fire in front of it when it’s moving (leading it) so the green tank drives into your shell.  And you would have to be using manual aim.

Note: Autoaim will only lock onto red tanks, so friendly fire using autoaim won’t work.  The game will detect when a green tank drives between you and the red you are locked onto, your gun won’t fire, and you’ll get the “That’s a friendly!” crew message.

The purpose of introducing friendly fire this way is to make ACCIDENTAL friendly fire possible, while at the same time making DELIBERATE friendly fire quite difficult.

Example DELIBERATE friendly fire scenarios with this system:

1. Shooting a blocker: Not possible because he is too close to lead a shot.
  2. Shooting a green camper / AFK'er: Not possible because he is not moving.
  3. Shooting a slow green because he is slow: Not possible because he is moving too slow for a leading shot to hit.
  4. Shooting a fast green in the butt because he is climbing the hill on Mines faster than you: Not possible because he is moving directly away from you, so there's not enough of a lead angle for you to hit him.
  5. Shooting a green because he 'stole' 'your' kill: Not possible unless he is moving fast enough to lead a shot.

NASHDAQ #107 Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32242 battles
  • [DAD5]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 28 June 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Guys, check for the update.

Now you're able to choose between new and old autoaim

This is my first ever comment on this forum after 30k battles. So a big hello to all of you ;)

I have a big issue that I think needs addressing. Can the administration please give us more details about the auto aim “old” and “new” differences? In the setting menu it simply says “Old tracking principle”... and the “new” option says it’s better at long distances. But that doesn’t really explain anything. What is the old tracking principal? Why is the new auto aim better at long distances?

As far as I was aware the “old” auto aim was just confused when multiple targets were close together or other vehicles drove in front or behind your intended target and the auto aim could change target when you didn’t want it to. The “new” auto aim just seems confused all the time, especially when up close. It seems to prefer to shoot tracks rather than the tank, and as far as I can tell it still changes target when red tanks are close and sometimes doesn’t let you go back to the original target. So that problem doesn’t seem to be resolved at all.

Essentially this is quite a major game mechanic change as auto aim is a key tool used by almost every player out there, however no clear explanation has been provided by Wargaming regarding the different principles of the “new” and “old” systems or what the fundamental problems are with both systems. Now you’ve introduced two different options with no clear instructions, rather than fixing the issues and keeping one auto aim option. This is highly confusing for me, an experienced player, so I can only imagine how confused newer players may feel.

I don’t think this is a difficult request, just a clearer explanation from WG to inform players about a crucial game mechanic option. Something posted here will be helpful, but a news bulletin in game to all players would be more appropriate. I won’t hold my breath but I will keep my fingers crossed. 

Edited by NASHDAQ, 28 June 2018 - 01:27 PM.

Timsinsal #108 Posted 28 June 2018 - 02:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21984 battles
  • [TANG]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 27 June 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

Were there 6 slots open before the update to 5.0?  You only get it if the 6 or more slots were already open...

Well that would explain it. Thanks dude ;-)

Titus_Scato #109 Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38302 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 08 June 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

While you are revamping the equipment system, please consider this anti-sealclubber suggestion:

Low tiers should have limited access to equipment slots.  

Tiers I, II: Nothing.

Tier III: 1st row only

Tier IV: 1st and 2nd rows only

Tiers V and up: All 3 rows

This will prevent sealclubbers from unlocking all 9 slots on their favourite OP low tier tanks (e.g. Cruiser III, T-46, DW2) and completely outclassing the newer players in terms of equipment.  No more VStabs until Tier V will make a big difference to sealclubber effectiveness.

Obviously, players who have exceeded the above limits should have those slots re-locked, and the spare parts / credits they spent on unlocking them refunded.

Have amended my earlier suggestion to reach the full equipment availability at Tier V.

(was at Tier VII before.)

MR_me1 #110 Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35894 battles
  • [KT_1]
way do I need to wait over 3mins for battle.it happen when I update to 5.0

Angel_Arrow #111 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3878 battles
  • [WOTI]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 08 June 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

While you are revamping the equipment system, please consider this anti-sealclubber suggestion:

Low tiers should have limited access to equipment slots.  

Tier I: Nothing.

Tiers II, III: 1st row only

Tiers IV, V, VI: 1st and 2nd rows only

Tiers VII and up: All 3 rows

This will prevent sealclubbers from unlocking all 9 slots on their favourite OP low tier tanks (e.g. Cruiser III, T-46, DW2, T-34, Cromwell) and completely outclassing the newer players in terms of equipment.  No more VStabs until Tier VII will make a big difference to sealclubber effectiveness.

Obviously, players who have exceeded the above limits should have those slots re-locked, and the spare parts / credits they spent on unlocking them refunded.

_NormanP_ #112 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29531 battles
  • [ALBA]
Has anyone else had the problem of the turret getting locked in a position?
This seems to last 5-6 seconds then the turret unfreezes.
Only appears to have happened after the last update.

ALBA - Carry harder

Play for team, play hard

Everyone started out as a Noob, just taking me longer to grow up :)

mrpgilbert #113 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33352 battles
  • [AFK]
New auto aim is a major fail, still, sadly. Short range shots have a curved trajectory - in my ARL44, anyway - so they head for the edges of the reticle every time, rather than the middle.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Tankist_974 #114 Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17371 battles
  • [BLABA]

WG please fix IS-3/IS-8/IS-7’s side armor

It’s always shown grey but shell bounce on it

It’s annoying.

Tier VII SP I C become too weak since nerf : low penetration value,poor manœuverability,poor armor,and autoloader needs faster reload between 2 shells : 3.5 seconds is too much,2.5 will be better because 3.5 allows enemy to hide/repair module,and SP I C poorly armored is exposed to enemy fire less time.It also need a bit more manœuverability : if it can penetrate an heavy’s front armor like it did before nerf,he must can drive around them.

Tankist_974 #115 Posted 30 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17371 battles
  • [BLABA]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 28 June 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

Friendly fire should be brought back.  But with a difference:

When your gun is pointing directly at a green tank, and you press the fire button, the gun DOESN’T shoot, and a crew voice says “That’s a friendly!”

I.e. ‘your tank’s gunner is smarter than you are’.

So the only way to hit a green tank with your shot is to aim and fire in front of it when it’s moving (leading it) so the green tank drives into your shell.  And you would have to be using manual aim.

Note: Autoaim will only lock onto red tanks, so friendly fire using autoaim won’t work.  The game will detect when a green tank drives between you and the red you are locked onto, your gun won’t fire, and you’ll get the “That’s a friendly!” crew message.

The purpose of introducing friendly fire this way is to make ACCIDENTAL friendly fire possible, while at the same time making DELIBERATE friendly fire quite difficult.

Example DELIBERATE friendly fire scenarios with this system:

1. Shooting a blocker: Not possible because he is too close to lead a shot.
  2. Shooting a green camper / AFK'er: Not possible because he is not moving.
  3. Shooting a slow green because he is slow: Not possible because he is moving too slow for a leading shot to hit.
  4. Shooting a fast green in the butt because he is climbing the hill on Mines faster than you: Not possible because he is moving directly away from you, so there's not enough of a lead angle for you to hit him.
  5. Shooting a green because he 'stole' 'your' kill: Not possible unless he is moving fast enough to lead a shot.

I agree that’s a great idea.It will also make teammates more careful to don’t block friendly shots.

Player_4905167325 #116 Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24002 battles
  • [SQS]

Hi, running on MacOS and since the update have found what feels like a memory leak, after 1 or 2 games, it becomes really jerky in battle and hard to watch and play, been absolutely fine prior to update, ping is good at 30-60ms. Shut the game down and start over and its back to ok for 1 or 2 more games.

I have tried disabling some of the newer options like replay and gun loading markers, no difference

Edited by Player_4905167325, 30 June 2018 - 10:28 PM.

geomal #117 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27744 battles
  • [GRECA]

Another superb update, thanks WG for doing everything you can to be left without customers. Autoaim always locks, MM is as always excellent beyond any expectation, Win10 devices as always are the first that meet the new staff. Please, please keep up this way and we all will move to War Thunder

PS. Wondering though for some issues:

T34 independence cannot find target!!!!!

IS4 is wiped out rapidly

T62A the same 

Leopard1 likewise but in clusters of seconds 

And none of those nurfings has ever been communicated 

But of course this is your new customer relations approach I should have known that

PS 2 please, spare us and change occupation. you made this so FUBAR anymore that its a pity to play it 

Edited by geomal, 01 July 2018 - 09:07 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #118 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15154 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostPlayer_4905167325, on 30 June 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

Hi, running on MacOS and since the update have found what feels like a memory leak, after 1 or 2 games, it becomes really jerky in battle and hard to watch and play, been absolutely fine prior to update, ping is good at 30-60ms. Shut the game down and start over and its back to ok for 1 or 2 more games.

I have tried disabling some of the newer options like replay and gun loading markers, no difference

what version MacOS you got?  It seems ok for me, I’m on the latest version with all updates applied...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

geomal #119 Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27744 battles
  • [GRECA]

How the hell did you manage and you destroyed the aiming mechanism is a real unsolved mystery. Except if you did it only for Win10 players 

reddestroyer3 #120 Posted 04 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22910 battles
  • [UIRI]
There is huge problem in t7 meta, all t7 heavys are much better then BP. BP is so slow you cant get to key points on map and especially now teams are so bad they wont wait for you or anything, in a blink of an eye your solo agains 7 enemies. Even gun isnt that good, try 1v1 agains Tiger p or Tiger1 and you lose. T29 has turret and alpha, IS has everything (dpm isnt great but still 400 alpha), KV3 same but then you look BP and see trash, armor is meh, gun is meh, speed is meh so yea. Atleast give us statistics for Tier 6, Tier 7 not only for 8,9 and 10.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users