Is mastery system fair?

mastery ace system fair

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Poll: Is mastery system fair? (52 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is mastery system fair or should be changed?

1. Yes, its ok as it is. (46 votes [88.46%])

Percentage of vote: 88.46%

2. No, it should be reworked (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

3. No, damage made should count more (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Hide poll

szkaraj #1 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35309 battles
  • [AFK]

Is mastery system fair?

I know mastery changes weak by weak, as how well played are tanks.

So, after mastering my M6 made me thinking. Chasing it I got many times 1 class for a lot of damage (above 2,2 k), but no ace. I thought bar is too high, about 3 k dmg.

Then sudenly it dropped into my lap, doing only 1,6 k dmg and capping 1 base. But this last time I was master of kill stealing and farmed 5 kills.

So this made me thinking. I dont feel it fair if I do some damage, but getting other's kills by stealing it, but it rewards ace.

I think therefore ace system should be changed and damage made should count more, then now.

Edited by szkaraj, 11 June 2018 - 07:59 PM.

The easy day was yesterday.

petes85 #2 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40957 battles
  • [KORPI]

It's XP based, The More you do, More XP, More chances

to Master a tank

Edited by petes85, 11 June 2018 - 08:03 PM.

AlmostGood #3 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22326 battles
  • [1RTR_]
Would be interesting to see the Detailed Statistics/XP pages for the battles. I don‘t think you get aces for killstealing, but you get them for more active gameplay (first spots, assisted damage, certainly capping bases in supremacy). It‘s fine like that.

Denii #4 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25187 battles
  • [GR3X]
That's the beauty of mastery. It is not only about farming dmg but also being active by capping, spoting, assisting etc.

JJSawry #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28473 battles
  • [EU]

Second game you were bottom tier. Damaging higher tier enemies gives more XP. Plus 5kills=medal=guarantees extra xp if I recall correctly?

Acids_Burn #6 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34471 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postszkaraj, on 11 June 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Is mastery system fair?

So, after mastering my M6 made me thinking. Chasing it I got many times 1 class for a lot of damage (above 2,2 k), but no ace. I thought bar is too high, about 3 k dmg.

Then sudenly it dropped into my lap, doing only 1,6 k dmg and capping 1 base. But this last time I was master of kill stealing and farmed 5 kills.

So this made me thinking. I dont feel it fair if I do some damage, but getting other's kills by stealing it, but it rewards ace.

I think therefore ace system should be changed and damage made should count more, then now.

As others said - it is exp not damage done.

Also it is not week to week. It's last 7days - it is a continuous thing. There is no mastery reset at sundays i.e.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

Jukkis74 #7 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28544 battles
  • [AFK]
No stats collected, but I feel that being low tier is better for masteries. And supr matches feel easier as well.

jylpah #8 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14009 battles
  • [AFK]
Mastery system is OK as it is, but I would remove "Valiant Effort" Masteries. If you lose a game, it's hard to consider it a "Mastery" unless you are a noob who "masters" losing.

Bye-bye Wastelands, you won't be missed. 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking     

Pururut #9 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22256 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Purus WoT Blitz Dictionary, Page 112

Mastery Badge; A phenomenon that occurs when the players allies are bad and the opposition is even worse. Combined with a little luck also known as random number generator, player is allowed to score damage points way above his skill level. The golden colored M letter on the after battle result screen attracts the players attention and the definition which can be accessed by clicking the letter instills player with a false sense of accomplishment.

The question is not whether if the Mastery system is fair or not. The actual question is should we replace Mastery system with something else or remove it all-together. Carrying or doing damage do not mean much compared to wlrking as a team or fulfilling your tanks role or being at the right place at the right time. Maybe Mastery badges should be renamed into Luck badges as it is just what they are.

Edited by Pururut, 12 June 2018 - 08:58 AM.

Not playing or paying until tier 9-10 mediums are rebalanced.

Chairman_merpug #10 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36633 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPururut, on 12 June 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Mastery Badge; A phenomenon that occurs when the players allies are bad and the opposition is even worse. Combined with a little luck also known as random number generator, player is allowed to score damage points way above his skill level. The golden colored M letter on the after battle result screen attracts the players attention and the definition which can be accessed by clicking the letter instills player with a false sense of accomplishment.

The question is not whether if the Mastery system is fair or not. The actual question is should we replace Mastery system with something else or remove it all-together. Carrying or doing damage do not mean much compared to wlrking as a team or fulfilling your tanks role or being at the right place at the right time. Maybe Mastery badges should be renamed into Luck badges as it is just what they are.

Almost completely agree, but

1. I still want one on each tank
  2. If you can get multiple aces on a tank, it does show you're doing pretty well in it

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Psychovadge #11 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36924 battles
  • [VG]
It just needs you to know it’s XP based to understand it’s fair. Play the mastery game: cap a supremacy base early, spot, track and kill the reds....that’s it, no secret. I mastered the IS7, an extremely hard to ace tank, with only 2.5k damage but loads of XP. However, I tracked and spotted a further 5.2k of assisted damage (my team were mostly camping well behind me) and a Death Star that did over 6.5k in my team only got a second class as I had half his xp.

Acids_Burn #12 Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34471 battles
  • [EMRS]

View Postjylpah, on 12 June 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Mastery system is OK as it is, but I would remove "Valiant Effort" Masteries. If you lose a game, it's hard to consider it a "Mastery" unless you are a noob who "masters" losing.

Why? The fact that 6 people in your team did bad does not contradict the fact that you played better than the 99% of the players with that tank in the last 7 days. Also "Valiant effort" just gives you the same exp as if you have won. No more no less.

I do know that the way i express myself to some, if not most, people sound a bit too...aggressive? salty? rude?... but this is the way i speak and the way my thought train rolls...so...yeah...i'm not trying to insult anyone or pick up any fights.

">http://www.blitzstar...u/532956899.png[/img][/url]                    

scaramax #13 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21125 battles
  • [IRMA]

divide Mastery into a noobremacy and encounter mastery

mastery hunters will have a new goal

Cancracker #14 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60942 battles
  • [COBRA]

View Postszkaraj, on 11 June 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

Is mastery system fair?

This happens if a base is capped alone early in the battle and it remains the only base capped by your team for the entire game. Some additional XP from kills and spots helps and then you have enough for the ace this time. It happened to me in MT-25 several times.

I think there are bonuses for doing something out of every category. For example having some assistance damage gets you a fixed XP bonus then there's another one on top for the amount. It's much better to have one spot, some assistance damage, some bounces, a base capped than just a huge amount of damage and kills.

"X 5 weekend, 10 games 9 losses ...
Some seals will be getting sooooo clubbed in the next couple of weeks."
                                                                                                             jonty_2014

szkaraj #15 Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35309 battles
  • [AFK]

View Post_mgroc_, on 11 June 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

Would be interesting to see the Detailed Statistics/XP pages for the battles. I don‘t think you get aces for killstealing, but you get them for more active gameplay (first spots, assisted damage, certainly capping bases in supremacy). It‘s fine like that.

Unfortunately just for acegame I have:

Wasnt to much assistance as I see.

View PostPsychovadge, on 12 June 2018 - 09:18 AM, said:

It just needs you to know it’s XP based to understand it’s fair. Play the mastery game: cap a supremacy base early, spot, track and kill the reds....that’s it, no secret. I mastered the IS7, an extremely hard to ace tank, with only 2.5k damage but loads of XP. However, I tracked and spotted a further 5.2k of assisted damage (my team were mostly camping well behind me) and a Death Star that did over 6.5k in my team only got a second class as I had half his xp.

Yes, i know its xp based, just didnt know what it takes. I knew need a cap in supre mode, interesting it seems to me if you cap 1 more base thats doesnt count that much than first. So i just thought dmg would mean more a bit like spot. In a heavy tank harder to spot than in a light.

_FREE__P4W1E_ #16 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16076 battles
  • [DSK1L]
Lol do you still have Windows 7?

szkaraj #17 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35309 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postpalenveld, on 12 June 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Lol do you still have Windows 7?

On laptop win10, but on pc win7. I like it.:)

JoseOlas #18 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 71210 battles
  • [PHNX]
no

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #19 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44673 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostPururut, on 12 June 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

Every Mastery involves luck, yes, but its not pure luck as the better player you are the less luck is needed to get a Mastery Ace. Usually you need to play pretty well to get a Mastery, despite of having bad enemies. Of course there are games where the enemy team is stupid and just drives in front of your gun one after the other but by far not every M-game is like that. So I agree with Jose: 

No

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

RynnivaTykki #20 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 52996 battles
  • [KORPI]

The mastery system is rigged. I don't believe they give an ace for the top-1%. The bar feels much higher, like it's only the best 0,5% players(or less) who get an ace.

This is more obvious with the 3rd class medals. It is supposed to be top-50% for third class. So, as an above-average player I should be getting at least 3rd class most of the time. But, no, I just don't. WHY??? :confused:

Also tagged with mastery, ace, system, fair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users