Seal clubbing

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SlowJoeCrow #1 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 212 battles

Hello all you Blitzers!

so I’ve been on a bit of a losing streak today, the last game could have been a winner, but my five remaining team mates were sitting watching me fighting, doing nothing much except driving forward one by one to be picked off by a Red with very low HP. Then an intact medium 2 came out to mop up. Yeah...good game. The main feature of today’s games (mostly tier 2) have been players with many thousands of battles, who come down and have an easy ol’ time of it with us noobie-noobs. They generally drive tanks that are well armoured or punchy (usually auto loader armed). If it’s a seasoned veteran who’s feeling nostalgic, or wants to start over, I don’t think anyone would object, but it feels as though many of them are just after a bit of a feeling of superiority, probably gloating over their WR and patting themselves on the back afterwards.

WG should really take steps to stop seal clubbing. I know this puts people off the game, and when all’s

said and done, WG is a business, so i think they’re probably losing out.

Now, I’m not going to moan about MM. I have no issues with it, apart from the fact that it lets people with many thousands of battles drop into a low tier match for a bit of easy meat. The higher tier players (if i may over generalise) don’t like us buying Premium tanks and spoiling their games, but don’t seem to object to people coming down and spoiling ours. 

WG could stop this by maybe including the total number of games played in their matchmaking formulae. Something should be done, anyway, I reckon. :angry:

Rant over.

That’s me for now

SlowJoeCrow

DukeA1 #2 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles

i'ts perfectly normal to get emotional about these things

but you know things will improve

im sure the seal clubbers feel bad about their behavior, i know if a kill is easy, it makes me feel bad about myself, but there is no provision to protect new players from seal clubbing no, dont forget they dont know you're a new player, theres no warning or way to know it

your idea it might be a good idea perhaps, it used to be common for online games to have training rooms for new players, but new players here normally start in the deep end of the swimming pool

where hope fails - attention to detail prevails! 

Just_merpug #3 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]
Jeez, I agree with the Duke :facepalm:
Sealclubbing has always been part of the game. Rarely do it myself, because it's quite dull shooting fish in a barrel. However, I do find the players with the same number of games as me who have half or more in one good low tier tank to be exceedingly peculiar.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Tijgerhaai_XIV #4 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]
Don't think of the game as a contest for the highest WR. Such thoughts lead to the dark side. Think of it as a journey to the mythical land of gud. Experienced players can be your guide and your obstacle to that land of milk and honey.

Though yes, playing thousands of games against players ill equipped to fight fight back does not show great moral character.

DukeA1 #5 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
just dont get caught up on the forum, i think it's run by unprofessional's, seriously wink wink

Edited by DukeA1, 17 June 2018 - 04:07 PM.

Titus_Scato #6 Posted 17 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42260 battles
  • [RTR]

I made the following suggestion in the 5.0 update thread to address the sealclubber problem:

Block Quote

While you are revamping the equipment system, please consider this anti-sealclubber suggestion:

Low tiers should have limited access to equipment slots.  

Tier I: Nothing.

Tiers II, III: 1st row only

Tiers IV, V, VI: 1st and 2nd rows only

Tiers VII and up: All 3 rows

This will prevent sealclubbers from unlocking all 9 slots on their favourite OP low tier tanks (e.g. Cruiser III, T-46, DW2, T-34, Cromwell) and completely outclassing the newer players in terms of equipment.  No more VStabs until Tier VII will make a big difference to sealclubber effectiveness.

Obviously, players who have exceeded the above limits should have those slots re-locked, and the spare parts they spent on unlocking them refunded.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 19 June 2018 - 02:55 PM.

Elmo_Chipshop #7 Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 23367 battles
  • [FTC-1]

I do agree with the Op but we all had to go through it too. Yes you do get thrown in at the deep end but that lays with Wargaming. In my opinion Cap should be removed and a learning area where you can play tiers 1 to 5 only until you get to 1000 games where then you are let out to play with the more seasoned players. A lot of players prefer the lower tiers as it’s not as salty and has a much more friendlier feel to it. I wouldn’t class myself as a truly competitive player in normal games and I tend to hang around tiers 4 to 6 a lot.

However we found a guy the other day with 40k games and his highest tank was just tier 5. He had played 8k games in the Cruiser 3 and his 60 day platoon rate was 100%. This is purely abusing the game to paint a false picture with his stats and although it is allowed is morally unacceptable.

SlowJoeCrow #8 Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 212 battles

Tbh, I haven’t played any other online games. Avoided them like the plague. You’ll see how long I’ve had this account on Blitz. I’ve only just done something with it, and even now, have to push myself to press the Battle button. Usually turns on the tap, so to speak, when I finally do, though. Having said that, I mostly quit on the first loss. I also spend lots of time in training rooms, especially with new tanks.

Just so you fellas (presumably) know, I’m not hung up on WR. I reckon that it’ll be up and down like a whore’s drawers on a Saturday night (am I allowed to say that?) as i start using tanks new to me, and going up the Tiers. I’ve spent lots of time on YT, watching Bushka, Littlefinger, SK8, etc, and tried to follow their advice, but have also tried to remember how experienced they are. Easy to go buying tanks when they make it look so easy, although to give Bushka his due, he often says that just because he likes this tank, you might suck in it. 

Maybe I’m being a bit paranoid about seal clubbing. I really don’t have an opinion about folks who just want to play, and why shouldn’t they play wherever they want? I just get worked up thinking there might be people who are too chknsht to go play with the grown ups. The sort of people that can only fight twenty onto one in the real world. And i do sympathise with those “grown ups” when noobie-noobs go buying Premium tanks and drop into a game at higher tiers, when they haven’t got a bleedin’ scooby what’s going on, mostly ruining the game for the team. 

N00basaurus #9 Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5509 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 18 June 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

Having said that, I mostly quit on the first loss.

With the state of teams lately, I'd only play one match per day, were I to do that.

Female crew voicepacks please.

(Re)classify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer.

DukeA1 #10 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
Say we only kill half the enemy and then leave the rest to the new players.

Just_merpug #11 Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDukeA1, on 19 June 2018 - 04:04 PM, said:

Say we only kill half the enemy and then leave the rest to the new players.

Games are only seven minutes long

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

DukeA1 #12 Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles

View Postmrpgilbert, on 19 June 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

Games are only seven minutes long

5 minutes of watching then, i only recently remember i can do things whilst things are ticking over, read FBI case files or RT Redacted Tonight or History channel mini clips on 'Hitlers' Secret Weapons, or better Hitlers declassified secret weapons. He sure did suffer some form of paranoia about improbable scenarios but still measure them.

Edited by DukeA1, 20 June 2018 - 08:05 PM.

SlowJoeCrow #13 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 212 battles

Just played three games and lost. and guess what? Check the profiles of the two leading red players. Didn’t check out my winning team mate, but he’s in a clan, and got the most damage, so I’m willing to bet he’s also “experienced”, shall we say? WG have had their last gold from me. I’ll play out the Premium time I’ve paid for, then i’ll erase the game from my iPad. Wouldn’t you call people who’ve around 9000 battles each playing tier III seal-clubbers? Also, is three T-46s on one team fair matchmaking, d’you think? Any which way, I’m spending no more money on this game. What happened to actually getting something for your cash? I don’t expect to win every time, but hell, it’d be nice to start out with at least a 50/50 chance, eh? 

Hmm...on the other hand, being a noobie-noob, maybe I’ll start a clan for players who’ve never played above tier III, but who can afford Premium tanks, and just want to have a larf, and go and not handle them very well in the top tiers. Drive around randomly shooting at stuff and write rude things about chickenshit seal clubbers when I’m called Goldnoob. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   1131882D-2EE7-4987-8C8B-A2F7E3B00EA3.jpeg   134.9K

Edited by SlowJoeCrow, 20 June 2018 - 05:40 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36899 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 20 June 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Just played three games and lost. and guess what? Check the profiles of the two leading red players. Didn’t check out my winning team mate, but he’s in a clan, and got the most damage, so I’m willing to bet he’s also “experienced”, shall we say? WG have had their last gold from me. I’ll play out the Premium time I’ve paid for, then i’ll erase the game from my iPad. Wouldn’t you call people who’ve around 9000 battles each playing tier III seal-clubbers? Also, is three T-46s on one team fair matchmaking, d’you think? Any which way, I’m spending no more money on this game. What happened to actually getting something for your cash? I don’t expect to win every time, but hell, it’d be nice to start out with at least a 50/50 chance, eh? 

Hmm...on the other hand, being a noobie-noob, maybe I’ll start a clan for players who’ve never played above tier III, but who can afford Premium tanks, and just want to have a larf, and go and not handle them very well in the top tiers. Drive around randomly shooting at stuff and write rude things about chickenshit seal clubbers when I’m called Goldnoob. 

I see you’ve caught a mild case of Cancrackeritis, it’s not too late at this stage it’s treatable...

Remember MM sucks but is random so you’ll get good and bad and over time they’ll balance out...

Platoon with a friendly player in a noob friendly tank - dw2, valentine etc.

If you’re on the same time as me I’m happy to do it, just pm me in game, always love taking me Duck or Valerie Valentine out clubbing...  

Although I’m only a 3rd class seal clubber according to blitzstars so you may get better offers :)

547146227.png

DukeA1 #15 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 20 June 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

I see you’ve caught a mild case of Cancrackeritis, it’s not too late at this stage it’s treatable...

Remember MM sucks but is random so you’ll get good and bad and over time they’ll balance out...

Platoon with a friendly player in a noob friendly tank - dw2, valentine etc.

If you’re on the same time as me I’m happy to do it, just pm me in game, always love taking me Duck or Valerie Valentine out clubbing...  

Although I’m only a 3rd class seal clubber according to blitzstars so you may get better offers :)

Thanks for regular contributions Eazy this place would be a damp squib of mostly NO POSTS EVER without your helpful posts. And the other posters. Clearly have 'too much time' so waste it in uncontroversial ways. If they posted more often instead of spend hours researching and formatting their posts, might get some sense of community going one day.

http://i64.tinypic.com/ziot1y.jpg

Here's to wasting time in the most boring ways you can drum up.  ( The Life of Brian comes to Mind! the ending! Monty Python. )

Edited by DukeA1, 30 June 2018 - 10:10 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #16 Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36899 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Haw!  Haw!  Haw!

547146227.png

Just_merpug #17 Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58345 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 20 June 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

If you persevere, you'll figure out how to use the team, which is what the sealclubbers can do. And you'll learn the maps, which is one of the key skills. Take a look at The Map inspector app, you'll find it very useful indeed.

And we all had to handle sealclubbers in our time. The really irritating players are those who never leave the lower tiers, but play thousands of games there. 

If you see me online, hit me for a toon, see if we can learn something from each other. Don't spend money unless you have to, though. It just leads to frustration, as this really isn't a pay to win game in low tiers.

SlowJoeCrow #18 Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 212 battles

I go into training rooms a lot to try to familiarise, and a have a good shufty around, trying to find places to shoot from cover, or hide in, testing gun depression, all that caper. 

The crankiness goes away after a day, and a couple of pills :child:

On MM, Bushka said once on one of his vids that “no one ever whinges after winning twenty battles in a row” :teethhappy: LoL...if  could win five in a row, I’d be a happy teddy.

What’s the most noob friendly tank in the lower tiers, then? I’m liking Cruisers, and I have a T-46, but haven’t used it so far. I’m thinking it might take skills I don’t have yet. 

Edited by SlowJoeCrow, 21 June 2018 - 08:56 AM.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #19 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12554 battles
  • [ALBA]
French tanks have oodles of armour at low tiers, which can help keep you alive to learn more per match, and is more forgiving should you make a mistake.

romsitsa #20 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52653 battles
  • [VG]

Hello,

1. Get over it.

2. It won't change.

3. Some low tier tanks are pure fun/evil to drive even after 40k battles, so it really won't change.

4. Boosting stats in low tiers is useless, the first thing one does is to check what tanks the suspect actually drivers. Low tiers are also bad for WN7/8.

A

Also tagged with Seal clubbing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users