More chknsht seal clubbing.

Seal clubbing

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

SlowJoeCrow #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:41 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 208 battles

Well, that’s it for me. “Forgiving” French tanks with lots of armour or not, I’m not bothering any more. When exactly does MM “balance out”, because as far as has happened to me, three T46s never occurs on my team, and if there’s two, they haven’t got a fkn scooby. Every single time. The T46s on the other side are always always driven by people with many thousands of battles. Never fails. 

They’re obviously too chicken to go play at tiers where people fight back, and probably really well. It’s pathetic, and I really do feel sorry for people who need to do this :D it’s laughable, it really is (that means I’m laughing at you if you’re the sort that can’t fight without needing useless opposition).

I’m voting with my feet...and my wallet. WG just lost another customer.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21193 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Sorry to see you go fella, you posted some good stuff, if you change your mind I’m happy to platoon with you to see if I can help...

I felt the same but am addicted to this sodding game so still here many 000’s of battles latter...

GL!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Chairman_merpug #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36821 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 22 June 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

Well, that’s it for me. “Forgiving” French tanks with lots of armour or not, I’m not bothering any more. When exactly does MM “balance out”, because as far as has happened to me, three T46s never occurs on my team, and if there’s two, they haven’t got a fkn scooby. Every single time. The T46s on the other side are always always driven by people with many thousands of battles. Never fails. 

They’re obviously too chicken to go play at tiers where people fight back, and probably really well. It’s pathetic, and I really do feel sorry for people who need to do this :D it’s laughable, it really is (that means I’m laughing at you if you’re the sort that can’t fight without needing useless opposition).

Bit precipitate, surely? You've played very few tanks enough to get to know them well enough. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Titus_Scato #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [1RTR]

You’re giving up way too soon.

2 tips:

1. Go to YouTube, search for ‘Littlefinger Blitz’, go to his channel, sort his videos by date order, oldest first.  Then watch the ‘How to AVOID noob mistakes’, and ‘How NOT to suck at WoT Blitz’ videos. 
  2. Watch at least 1 of Littlefinger’s Tier I tank reviews.
  3. Go back to Tier I.  Buy back a tank in that tier and keep driving it until you have AT LEAST a Class 1 mastery in it, better still a gold M.  Continue until you have done this in all Tier I tanks.
  4. Go to Tier II and repeat steps 2 & 3. 
  5. Etc, etc.

Littlefinger’s videos are really good, easy to understand and not at all patronising.  He explains what he’s doing as he goes, and the tips he gives will help you survive even against a sealclubber.

Sealclubbers (usually in the most OP tanks they can find) are there to test you.  If you can’t beat them, join them until you can beat them, at least one at a time.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 22 June 2018 - 09:39 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21193 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Hmmmm, I agree with the watch littlefinger, they are gr8 videos, I was > 4k games in and totally spud u like when I found them...

I totally disagree tho on trying to ace tier I or any tank before moving on, most tiers are full of seal clubbers so getting an ace is hard and also the teams are appalling!  Frankly anyone with good stats telling new players to ace tanks before moving up has totally lost touch with the reality of being a new player!  Don’t listen to that BS!   Do though try to win more games than you lose at tier iii before you move to tier iv, same again before moving to tier v.  Having said that, it’s a game, play what tier you like, there are far too many stat obessed nutters in this GAME! I repeat -  It’s a GAME!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

sixty_three #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 22 June 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

The chance of finding yourself in a battle where the opposition can't, to all intents and purposes, penetrate your armour is several thousand to one.  And that's if you pick the right tank.  

You've played just less than 100 battles.  Your WR % for each vehicle will mostly reflect the random variability of the MM, and as such should be ignored.  If you choose to fight in one tank for 400 battles, your WR will be (to a 95% confidence level) within 5% of the "true" value.  By then the competent T-46 tankers will have pretty much been on your side as much as the opposition.  

Not all experienced players fight in low tier tanks because "it's easier".  There are some who may just like using the tank for other reasons.  Historical interest, for example.  You can sometimes tell the difference because the former type can rage in chat with their teammates, should they themselves mess up and die prematurely.  Because it's never their fault, you see.  These folk must be great fun at parties... :P

It doesn't get much fairer as you play more, so your introduction to the vagaries of the MM, moaning sealclubbers, etc., is at least true to life.  There are things you can do to give yourself a better chance, but all will require some patience and study on your part.  If that doesn't sound fun, well better luck in choosing your next game to play.  If you're in two minds though, I'd suggest playing a lot more in your Panzerjager I and Tetrarch.  Using any spare credits you have to upgrade the equipment in each one.  

All the best

sixty_three

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

sixty_three #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 22 June 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

Hmmmm, I agree with the watch littlefinger, they are gr8 videos, I was > 4k games in and totally spud u like when I found them...

I totally disagree tho on trying to ace tier I or any tank before moving on, most tiers are full of seal clubbers so getting an ace is hard and also the teams are appalling!  Frankly anyone with good stats telling new players to ace tanks before moving up has totally lost touch with the reality of being a new player!  Don’t listen to that BS!   Do though try to win more games than you lose at tier iii before you move to tier iv, same again before moving to tier v.  Having said that, it’s a game, play what tier you like, there are far too many stat obessed nutters in this GAME! I repeat -  It’s a GAME!

It's a GAME?  Nay lad, it's a place where people with personality disorders can comment about your IQ. Oh, and it also allows you to hang out with ducks without getting wet.

See also...

http://mentalfloss.c...cts-about-ducks

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Mjr_Eazy #8 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21193 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postsixty_three, on 22 June 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

It's a GAME?  Nay lad, it's a place where people with personality disorders can comment about your IQ. Oh, and it also allows you to hang out with ducks without getting wet.

See also...

http://mentalfloss.c...cts-about-ducks

Quack!

DukeA1 #9 Posted 23 June 2018 - 07:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

Even I'm having a hard time and I was once a gaming champion.

It's because the FOOTBALLS ON.

where hope fails - attention to detail prevails! 

Titus_Scato #10 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 22 June 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

I said Class 1 mastery as a goal.  Gold M is a nice bonus, but not essential.

SlowJoeCrow #11 Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 208 battles

Gawd...what have i started? :teethhappy: ain’t gone yet. Still got 21 days of Premium.

Seriously, I don’t mind getting killed off. Can’t win all the time, or even most of the time, but i do mind people with over 35K battles messing up our games. Just played a game when you get a bit of a sinking feeling at the start...you know the one. All of your team drive off in different directions, and none together. Add that to tanks which even experts would struggle to win anything in, compared to a couple of T-46s on the other team, and it didn’t look good from the get-go.  Checking the profiles afterwards, our total number of games played was less than a thousand (it was mixed 2 & 3). Their top player had 35 thousand, and the next two had over 20k apiece. That’s a lot worse than “unfair”. I understand there’s lots of work to do, and much to learn, but these people and this kind of thing make a mockery of the lower tiers. It’s nothing but a Primary school playground filled with Sixth-form bullies.

You seasoned players object (with every right) to newbies playing in tiers too high for them, so I’m just doing the same thing in reverse for us noobie-noobs. I reckon the bottom 3 tiers should be barred to people with that many battles. That or a separate system provided, so people are more evenly matched. 

i’m already an avid viewer of Littlefinger, Bushka, and SK8, btw :great:

Edited by SlowJoeCrow, 25 June 2018 - 11:07 AM.

AlmostGood #12 Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22326 battles
  • [1RTR_]

There are a lot of bad players with more than 20k battles, just as there are excellent players (rerollers) with less than 100 battles. I would not put too much thought into battle counts.

Also, as you seem to have a special aversion to the T-46, blitzstars (https://www.blitzstars.com/toptanks) lists 12 tanks at tier 3 with better winrate than the T-46. Never liked the T-46 myself: bad gunhandling, no gun depression; as soon as I worked up to 50% winrate I sold it. I found the Cruiser IV much more enjoyable, and even that is only #7 on blitzstars.

Mjr_Eazy #13 Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21193 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’m afraid there are a lot of stat padders out there, of course if you start grinding a new line you need to play tiers i - iii but thats not the reason and it would be better if the MM distributed them more evenly.

It’s even harder if you mostly play solo like me and I guess you do...

Best thing to do is play a newbie friendly tank and grind through i - iii as quick as you can IMHO, I just find the teams next to useless, you won’t learn a lot there and if you are trying it will just make you frustrated, so pick a line and get to tier iv

or v, there’s still lots of stat padders but you do get some better team players too, plus join a clan and find a platoon mate, then when you’te having a bad run, toon as it will help...

re: T-46 I hate the thing too but with v-stabs etc it is better than it’s position suggests, also there seem to be a lot of stat padders use it but cos of the line it’s also popular with newer players too as you can see from the number of players...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 25 June 2018 - 11:39 AM.

Titus_Scato #14 Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 25 June 2018 - 11:35 AM, said:

re: T-46 I hate the thing too but with v-stabs etc it is better than it’s position suggests, also there seem to be a lot of stat padders use it 

This is the problem.  As I've said in other threads, Tier III tanks should not even have access to a gun-laying drive, let alone VStabs...

Take away Row 2 and Row 3 of equipment for Tiers II and III, and most of the sealclubbers would abandon those tiers.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 25 June 2018 - 12:43 PM.

sixty_three #15 Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 25 June 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Gawd...what have i started? :teethhappy: ain’t gone yet. Still got 21 days of Premium.

Seriously, I don’t mind getting killed off. Can’t win all the time, or even most of the time, but i do mind people with over 35K battles messing up our games. Just played a game when you get a bit of a sinking feeling at the start...you know the one. All of your team drive off in different directions, and none together. Add that to tanks which even experts would struggle to win anything in, compared to a couple of T-46s on the other team, and it didn’t look good from the get-go.  Checking the profiles afterwards, our total number of games played was less than a thousand (it was mixed 2 & 3). Their top player had 35 thousand, and the next two had over 20k apiece. That’s a lot worse than “unfair”. I understand there’s lots of work to do, and much to learn, but these people and this kind of thing make a mockery of the lower tiers. It’s nothing but a Primary school playground filled with Sixth-form bullies.

You seasoned players object (with every right) to newbies playing in tiers too high for them, so I’m just doing the same thing in reverse for us noobie-noobs. I reckon the bottom 3 tiers should be barred to people with that many battles. That or a separate system provided, so people are more evenly matched. 

i’m already an avid viewer of Littlefinger, Bushka, and SK8, btw :great:

What benefit is it to a players gameplay if, after a battle, they examine the individual battle counts of the opposition?  Answer: none.

The cure for being irritated by the unfairness of having to face really experienced players is simple.  Just like a spot that hurts if you press it, then don't press the spot! Just ignore the statistics of the the opposition players. 

We all learn in different ways.  In my case it was, after dying in combat, viewing the battle through the gunsights of other players.  And that way I started learning how to play the game better, by seeing both mistakes and smart moves.  I don't think separating the experienced from the inexperienced would help some beginners learn. 

Bada__Bing #16 Posted 25 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8354 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Hi Joe, I may ( just) fall into the chknsht class you are raging against. Please remember that not all players using the t46 are bullies. I play a lot of low tier games as my clan is aimed at new players and helping them progress, it’s also where I do my recruiting I can’t platoon them at tier 8 ! As mentioned earlier you seem to be trying a tank for a handful of games and when it doesn’t perform you discard it and try another. What you are missing is equipment and crew skills plus the chance to get to know how to get the best out of any particular tank. Pick yourself a couple of low tier tanks you like and play them time after time, building crew skills and equipment as you go. 

Don’t make the assumption that seal clubbers always have it easy, given the current state of play an experienced player in low tiers is under pressure to make a lot of damage and the majority of the kills in order to win. 

What will happen is you’ll end up blaming the t46 until you move to the next tier and then you’ll blame the DW2 and so it goes on.

If you want to platoon give me ( and my t46 !) a call and I’d be glad to help if I can. If you need a clan , again just ask , you would be more than welcome.

Humble_Tank #17 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25340 battles

The first thing to do against a T-46 could be to find a more experienced platoonpartner to help and teach you- Like learning by doing and watching, imho the next stage after watching YT for the basics. Second thing is to get a Cruiser IV ;)

One more thought, If you play at night (CET), you will find nearly every big clan in Tier 3-5, the games in this stage are more interesting than above 7, while the higher tiers are full of unexperienced (or maybe drunk) player, who dont have a clue what to do with your tanks, behaving ingame the way you expect from newbies in lowtier. Of course not all, but a lot

SlowJoeCrow #18 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 208 battles

Hehe...I bought a T-46 :child: and I’m only going to drive that for a while. See, this is why I come onto the forum. Masses of grown ups who put up with my tantrums, and tell me where I’m going wrong. No, I don’t blame the tanks. I have actually seen (and shot) T-46s that weren’t driven at all well. From what I’ve understood, it’s a seal clubbing favourite, and it really is a good tool in the right hands. I had a couple of good games in it, and totally understand the attraction. I’ve met erm “experienced players” in other tanks too. They’re not hard to spot if you’re observant. You only have to look at the way they’re playing. The way everyone who takes the game seriously wants to be able to play. 

Well, I’m going to stop looking at players profiles, and just play. Not buying any more gold, though. I’ve got a goodish tank, and i think i can be a good driver if i crack on with it, although I can’t get my head round auto loaders, but it’s early days yet. My biggest trouble is impatience. I’ve got to wind my neck in. 

Chairman_merpug #19 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36821 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostSlowJoeCrow, on 25 June 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

Hehe...I bought a T-46 :child: and I’m only going to drive that for a while. See, this is why I come onto the forum. Masses of grown ups who put up with my tantrums, and tell me where I’m going wrong. No, I don’t blame the tanks. I have actually seen (and shot) T-46s that weren’t driven at all well. From what I’ve understood, it’s a seal clubbing favourite, and it really is a good tool in the right hands. I had a couple of good games in it, and totally understand the attraction. I’ve met erm “experienced players” in other tanks too. They’re not hard to spot if you’re observant. You only have to look at the way they’re playing. The way everyone who takes the game seriously wants to be able to play. 

Well, I’m going to stop looking at players profiles, and just play. Not buying any more gold, though. I’ve got a goodish tank, and i think i can be a good driver if i crack on with it, although I can’t get my head round auto loaders, but it’s early days yet. My biggest trouble is impatience. I’ve got to wind my neck in. 

Ah, the YOLO tendency. I suffer it still. When I don't, and hang back a bit, I do a lot better. I play low tiers from time to time, and take most pleasure in keeping my team alive whilst trying to take down the sealclubbers. The worst aren't those who pop down for a bit of stress relief, but those who never leave. Had a "birthday" in the M3 premium today, and encountered one such with half of his 24k games in the T1 Cunningham. I mean, what's the point? 

I still suck in the T82, by the way, and it took ages to ace the T18. That YOLO thing...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #20 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21193 battles
  • [BT_SV]

The Yolo is strong in this one too...

I’ve got 14k games and still find myself out the front on my own, I know I should ‘t do it but...

I’ve found slow tanks the best way to combat it - Tog II is a great way to treat Yolo-itis :)

Also tagged with Seal clubbing

70 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 70 guests, 0 anonymous users