68 replies to this topic

Titus_Scato #21 Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41952 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 June 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

The Yolo is strong in this one too...

I’ve got 14k games and still find myself out the front on my own, I know I should ‘t do it but...

I’ve found slow tanks the best way to combat it - Tog II is a great way to treat Yolo-itis :)

:great:

French low tier 'so-called lights' and 'so-called mediums' work just as well in Tiers II & III, lol

Tijgerhaai_XIV #22 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11006 battles
  • [ALBA]
The DW2 imho works even better.

You cannot YOLO in a one tank army :)

DukeA1 #23 Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 26 June 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

The Yolo is strong in this one too...

I’ve got 14k games and still find myself out the front on my own, I know I should ‘t do it but...

I’ve found slow tanks the best way to combat it - Tog II is a great way to treat Yolo-itis :)

Cowardice play, if your REALLY CHEEKY AND HORRIBLE probably MISrepresents WR, all games having their 'limitations', I think the Test Team Know this, why you can tick 'unsupporting conduct' option. they wouldn't have thought of that option if it just meant AFK - it might mean tactical play WR focused players - who leave everybody to DIE for their WR.

Plan of action?

report more plain and obvious abandoning the front line for WR points ( those moments you feel, they planned for you to die, so they look COOL with AWESOMELY COWARDLY HIGH WR points) ( when it's PLAIN OBVIOUS)

Edited by DukeA1, 26 June 2018 - 08:19 PM.

where hope fails - attention to detail prevails! 

N00basaurus #24 Posted 01 July 2018 - 06:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5393 battles
  • [ALBAB]

[Opens Blitzstars tank average page for Tier 3.]

[First position: Kenny Otsu]

Bleeccchhh! Horrible. Frankly, that tank should get -0/+1 MM, so it only encounters tanks of same or higher tier.

[Second position: Pz II J]

Heh, they're still trolling noobs with that armour.

[Third position: SU-76I] 

Figures, it's a mini-Hetzer at tier 3.

[Fourth position: Pz. S35 739 (f)]

Wow, the old warhorse managed to remain relevant.

[Fifth position: AMX 38]

Well, it has fewer blatant weakspots compared to the D2 and a lower silhouette, so I guess it's easier to play.

Edited by N00basaurus, 01 July 2018 - 06:02 PM.

Female crew voicepacks please!

Reclassify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer!

Titus_Scato #25 Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41952 battles
  • [1RTR]

WG should have bitten the bullet and nerfed the Kenny long ago.  IMO many newbie players in Tier II got wrecked by it, deleted the game, and never came back.

At least Pz.IIIJ players have to pay through their noses for prammo and lose 10,000’s of credits if they want to do any serious damage.

N00basaurus #26 Posted 01 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5393 battles
  • [ALBAB]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 01 July 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

WG should have bitten the bullet and nerfed the Kenny long ago.  IMO many newbie players in Tier II got wrecked by it, deleted the game, and never came back.

At least Pz.IIIJ players have to pay through their noses for prammo and lose 10,000’s of credits if they want to do any serious damage.

Just give Kenny owners 2500 gold and be done with the bloody thing.

Female crew voicepacks please!

Reclassify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer!

DukeA1 #27 Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

I think the abandoning the game happens more at Tier 5 actually, when the good times end and it starts to get 'real'. I recruited all the talent in <T4 but they gave up when they reached T5, I have twenty players never been back since T5. I have to kick more every day. They just give up, when the fun ends.

Low tier is still a curious hodge podge. Anything can happen. Anything. At peak times when all the T10 have finished their missions and bored. It can be harder than a T10 game as they all dig into T2-5 matches to polish their War Records at the same time. An hour after new missions when their done. Sudden massive influx. The worst offenders surely are BT7art in epic T9 camo.

I just played 10 games at T2 and every game had a T9/10 camo in it. Trying to get seal clubbing points. So it's unknown how unfair it is. If all teams have a sprinkle of seal clubbers with T9/10 camo.

Also I now start games with a warning I'm not seal clubbing. I'm just hoovering up my x5 bonus. Which is a pretty valid reason. Sure it would be nice if I owned only T10 tanks. But i still own mostly T2-7 tanks for my X5 bonus farming.

And X5 bonus only lasts one match win per tank in your garage. So whether I should still be listed as a form of seal clubber bronze division. I'm not sure. I didn't know Tier 5 was seal clubbing either. But sure. Tier 6 only from now on.

No hard feelings. :honoring:

• Another reason other than X5 bonus ( you can't progress without it)

• Is need to recruit new players. More leave the game than stay. Recruitment is constant burden of being 1 of 50,000 clans trying to grow. Anybody that gets 5 kills or out damages me. Is immediate promotion to membership whatever their WR shows.

New players have to learn from somebody how to play right. If they keep going for the flag. Which isn't how you play the game. Or driving off hoping not to get shot. Then found later hiding far away. Again not how the game's played.

Edited by DukeA1, 02 July 2018 - 05:35 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #28 Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [BT_SV]

The Duke makes a good point there about x5 (or even x2) and people grinding it altho I think that most better players will stick at viii or maybe vii, and above as they will earn more XP there...

Given what is happening to lower tiers and removal of tanks I expect seal clubbing is going to get worse until 5.1 lands as people grind tanks as supposedly we get to keep them when they get removed in 5.1

I dont think the equipment/consumables/provisions changes will make for less seal clubbers, I think it will make more as better players will still be better irrespective of that...

547146227.png

DukeA1 #29 Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:02 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 02 July 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

The Duke makes a good point there about x5 

har har recorded, i thought nothing i said made sense, i got that on tape for safe keeping :)

Mjr_Eazy #30 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostDukeA1, on 02 July 2018 - 07:02 AM, said:

har har recorded, i thought nothing i said made sense, i got that on tape for safe keeping :)

Lol, maybe I’ve become acclimatised to your posts?  

Or that one made sense :)

547146227.png

Titus_Scato #31 Posted 02 July 2018 - 12:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41952 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostN00basaurus, on 01 July 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

Just give Kenny owners 2500 gold and be done with the bloody thing.

Agreed, that would be sensible.  The buggers driving them have had a lot more than their money's worth.  Let them scream all they like.  :mellow:

DukeA1 #32 Posted 03 July 2018 - 04:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

another good excuse for playing low tiers popped into my head when i was sleeping.... because you're training up a new tank tree.

• training a new tank tree

also no longer spare parts, time saved.

Edited by DukeA1, 03 July 2018 - 06:51 AM.

Uzless42 #33 Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7455 battles
Yep, it's a great game spoilt by trolls and toxic players. Seal clubbers with no lives who play lower tier games and then send toxic messages. Have told this friends interested in playing WOTB. If you do play lower tier games to up your win rate you're sad. If you also moan at the lower tier players for being noobs you're even sadder. 

DukeA1 #34 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

i think past 1am-3am isn't really seal clubbing maybe, if you play during those hours, it's all 12k battle players in rare camo, hard games ( also avoid after school rush hour, it's 'new' players, not even 50% WR, really new, do what they want, dont care if they win or lose... terrible for WR)

maybe the BEST TIME FOR NEW PLAYERS

is after school hours, 3-5pm

no experienced player would consider playing those hours, for good reasons...

AS THERES NO POINT IN PLAYING THOSE HOURS ( FOR MOST PLAYERS... it's wipe wipe wipe.... MORE NEW PLAYERS THAN VETERANS... massive INFLUX.... millions of them suddenly... i would imagine pro players AVOID THOSE HOURS.)

&

NEVER PLAY AFTER MIDNIGHT if you're NEW, it's HELL of 2015 beta players 50k matches, anybody under 50k matches, becomes seal clubbed relatively, no chance at all... not those hours...

My personal favourite time to play, is first thing out of bed, 5am - 8am, somehow I enjoy them games the most.

Edited by DukeA1, 14 July 2018 - 07:41 PM.

Chairman_merpug #35 Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45143 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDukeA1, on 13 July 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

i think past 1am-3am isn't really seal clubbing maybe, if you play during those hours, it's all 12k battle players in rare camo, hard games ( also avoid after school rush hour, it's 'new' players, not even 50% WR, really new, do what they want, dont care if they win or lose... terrible for WR)

Careful, Duke, I actually understood that.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

achtung210 #36 Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37781 battles
  • [BRAT]
T-46 is a great seal clubber, lol.

sixty_three #37 Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostDukeA1, on 13 July 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

maybe the BEST TIME FOR NEW PLAYERS

is after school hours, 3-5pm

no experienced player would consider playing those hours, for good reasons...

AS THERES NO POINT IN PLAYING THOSE HOURS ( FOR MOST PLAYERS... it's wipe wipe wipe.... MORE NEW PLAYERS THAN VETERANS... massive INFLUX.... millions of them suddenly... i would imagine pro players AVOID THOSE HOURS.)

&

NEVER PLAY AFTER MIDNIGHT if you're NEW, it's HELL of 2015 beta players 50k matches, anybody under 50k matches, becomes seal clubbed relatively, no chance at all... not those hours...

My personal favourite time to play, is first thing out of bed, 5am - 8am, somehow I enjoy them games the most.

Practice makes perfect.  A serious player will practice more than a casual tanker.  Hence you'll proportionately see more serious players when overall there are fewer players online. Conversely therefore, the best time for new players is at peak usage.  Looking at the Blitz Stars usage graph, today the peak occurred, for the EU server, at 20:15. And if tomorrow is the same as last Monday, then 03:15 (am) would be the worst time for a beginner.

Edited by sixty_three, 15 July 2018 - 09:50 PM.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

DukeA1 #38 Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles
  • [FASTI]

my estimates aren't based on thinking really, just stats analysis of what i've found, i prefer not to work with theory if stats can prove my points instead, in medieval times stats was considered witchcraft, only lately past 500 years it's been acceptable to take measurements in trends without being labeled a witch, it's ability to disprove what most consider true, easily disproved, with stats, ^^ ( even 'reliable sources' are easily disproven - with stats instead of trust.)

yes play during normal hours to maximize your chances and learning too, you could learn from the 1am-3am matches, too, but you'd mostly be learning, not winning any games

your WAR RECORD will start to IMPROVE once you have learnt the game so initially, expect it to carry on falling, till that point...

the best tank for seal clubbing surely is bt7art, dressed in tier 10 camo, imagine, "yes the chest gave me bt7art - now i can get seal clubbing ! finally! "

theres two other strange looking rare tanks, that are also perfect seal clubbers, a bit better at seal clubbing, can't remember their names right now,

i own 'no' seal clubbing sort of tanks, myself

^ meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, 

theres certain tanks pro seal clubbers use clearly, i dont' own those,

i think u can check people's profiles, if they are deliberately investing all their time in tier 3 tanks, despite tier 10 long time ago, theres many, 

it's a hard issue in a free game,

any measures you'd make,

they'd simply roll new accounts to carry on seal clubbing in disguise,

a hint probably is using a proper seal clubbing tank maybe, maybe

Edited by DukeA1, 16 July 2018 - 12:28 AM.

sixty_three #39 Posted 16 July 2018 - 07:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

Statistics do exist that show which tanks are proportionately played more by the highest WR players.  At Tier III these include the Cruiser Mk. IV, the T-46, and the Ke-Ni Otsu.

If you want a nice Tier III tank that sealclubbers relatively shun, the numbers and I recommend the Pz. Kpfw. 38 (t).

I can't decide whether it's best not to put any camo on it, or a silly rare one, like "Man's Best Friend" . You know, to give know-alls the impression that you're a noob and/or an eccentric person!

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Mjr_Eazy #40 Posted 16 July 2018 - 08:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26998 battles
  • [BT_SV]

A silly camo,always ;)

The Duke is right, there are less seals late at night, although now school holidays have started I expect that to change as they get to stay up later...

There are undoubtedly tanks seal clubbers prefer but I don’t think it really matters as they would still be able to club in any tank, it’s the experience and better crew skills that mean any tank can be a club, IMHO.

547146227.png

Also tagged with Seal clubbing

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users