Star-Spangled July

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 300 battles
  • [WG]

Commanders, we suggest that you dedicate this July to the things you are great at: winning battles and researching new vehicles! This month we have a lot in store for you! Discounts on all researchable vehicles, five times as much XP for winning battles, and an event offering additional rewards for earning your daily XP bonus on each of your tanks! All this is waiting for you!

Full news text

Eulengesicht_2014 #2 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 97818 battles
  • [DMX]
Calculated Star-Spangled.png

SinFFX1 #3 Posted 02 July 2018 - 01:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-ZERO]

View PostEulengesicht_2014, on 02 July 2018 - 11:52 AM, said:

Calculated Star-Spangled.png

how does that work ? you only get stars if you farm the 2 first victory bonuses. you cant get them normal

Eulengesicht_2014 #4 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 97818 battles
  • [DMX]

View PostSinFFX1, on 02 July 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

how does that work ? you only get stars if you farm the 2 first victory bonuses. you cant get them normal

Yes, but look at the bottom: Ihave calculated the WR.

llo1 #5 Posted 05 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25327 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 02 July 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

Commanders, we suggest that you dedicate this July to the things you are great at: winning battles and researching new vehicles! This month we have a lot in store for you! Discounts on all researchable vehicles, five times as much XP for winning battles, and an event offering additional rewards for earning your daily XP bonus on each of your tanks! All this is waiting for you!

Full news text

Thanks RibbleStripe, this "competition" has totally reinforced the total lack of any appreciation from WG to the players.

From high ping, terrible lag, teams full of lower tier players who have zero idea of which end of the gun the sodding shell exits, to players totally out of depth tier 5 and above who have less than 500 games, and a sodding tier 8 tank, people who ark AFK for either all of the battle, to those who stay afk until the rest of the team is destroyed 

And on top of this you want to make it easier for those with tier 1-4 tanks by limiting the number of tanks available, the enhancement that can be added, and yet you provide these same players with a tank so high above their ability...........what planet are you on!

Obviouslt not the planet earth, or even the planart of cus tomer satifaction!!!

Good God..........words simply fail me......just like the common sense in the WG management!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

sixty_three #6 Posted 05 July 2018 - 10:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

This might be the first 2018 event where I can win all the gifts which I think are worth having.  The key has been to have a large enough garage.  If something like this event takes place again, perhaps for another nation, WG should consider offering garage slots at a discount, and/or as one of the earlier prizes.  

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19061 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’m a bit torn on this on event, I like that it’s not too hard a grind, although that reflects the “rewards” as they are all a bit meh, but...

I’m more in llo1’s camp, as it is encouraging muppets to play higher than usual, maybe some mistaken belief higher tiers get more rewards but the teams are just abysmal in general. I’ve seen a marked increase in afk until shot players, nabs!

I have a bad feeling it is a glimpse into the future post the decimation of tiers i-iv, it’s just going to drive muppets higher quicker and tier v will be destroyed as they will be totally out lf their depth and not seen anything like it and it aill make them jump it quick to tier vi to equip tanks as there are going to be swarms of seal clubbers in fully equipped/crew skills v+ waiting to smash them.  I like tier vi it’s where you see some teamwork, some decent players and can see side-scraping, hull down, ridge shooting etc being used (mainly from tier vii players mind).  It’s where I finally understood side scraping, I’d read the theory but just didnt get it, I do now.  

So in summary, this event, it’s a no from me!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

sixty_three #8 Posted 06 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

I agree that the event rewards are rather mediocre.  Factor in the accompanying tank sale though, and it's been alright for me...I've bought back cheaply all the lower-tier vehicles I'll need.

The general standard of play does appear to drop whilst any event is running.  Is this one worse though? I really can't tell.  

I do use the cover of an event to battle at a higher level than I normally play.  The influx of the equally less talented is an opportunity to learn, at reduced risk, the real capabilities of vehicles that otherwise you'd have to guess from technical stats.  

WG should increase the XP requirements of researching tanks to slow down the climb up the tiers.  But experienced players must realise they'll always be beginners whatever the tier, and adjust their expectations accordingly.  Some won't of course, but that just marks them down as being far to up themselves!

Edited by sixty_three, 06 July 2018 - 11:42 AM.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

llo1 #9 Posted 06 July 2018 - 04:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25327 battles
  • [1RTR]

Sixty three, people do expect to have people playing "above their tier" but there is a limit!!

If you playing tier 5, some tier 4 is bound to be expected, and should wG restrict advancement to experience there would be significantly less problems than now!

Playing tier 5 and finding your whole team, and something both teams have an average number of battles less than 500!!!

And should you get to tier 8, and find the same inexperience players some even less that 100 battles.......you ave got to be taking the p***!

When they remove the lower tiers as well players are going to advance even faster!!!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

sixty_three #10 Posted 06 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

Here’s three definitions of what constitutes “playing above your level”.  I use two.  Guess which ones they are! 

1.  Any player who has a poor hit rate, indicating they’ve never learnt how to shoot properly in at least the vehicle in question.

2,  Any player who fails to win the game after the teams star player has died.

3.  Anybody fighting in a premium vehicle that’s three tiers higher than any tech tree vehicle they’ve apparently used.

Chairman_merpug #11 Posted 06 July 2018 - 07:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsixty_three, on 06 July 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Here’s three definitions of what constitutes “playing above your level”.  I use two.  Guess which ones they are! 

1.  Any player who has a poor hit rate, indicating they’ve never learnt how to shoot properly in at least the vehicle in question.

2,  Any player who fails to win the game after the teams star player has died.

3.  Anybody fighting in a premium vehicle that’s three tiers higher than any tech tree vehicle they’ve apparently used.

That's my teams this afternoon...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

_FATZKE_ #12 Posted 08 July 2018 - 12:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 2193 battles

Your events have only one effect. Even more longtime players leave the game!

Edited by _FATZKE_, 08 July 2018 - 12:02 AM.

SinFFX1 #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 11:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-ZERO]
event is a jole, it even goes to 20th ... who the [edited]buys gold to unlock this bad rewards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users