BlitzTankStats - stats and challenge website

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

MirageMike #1 Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

Hi all,  Just wanted to share with you the details of a new stats website for blitz that i have been working on.  It's still early days and in beta testing, but i would welcome any feedback on what i have so far.

http://www.blitztankstats.com

The site has basic blitz stats at the moment, but also includes a challenge section, that allows you to take part in knockout style challenges against other blitz players.

All feedback welcome - good or bad !

What are Challenges?

Challenges are simple knock out tournaments that allow you to compete with other blitz players to prove your skill on the battlefield.

They can be set for a particular tank (eg KV-2), or for a type of tank on a given tier (eg Tier 6 Light) which will allow the player to choose their favourite tank for that tier and type.

A challenge also has a set of entry criteria, that determine whether you can see them on your challenge page. Entry criteria can be based on a minimum number of battles played, minimum / maximum winrate, and can be restricted to certain clan membership. A challenge is defined for a number of rounds between 1 and 5, where 1 is a two player match and 5 is for 32 players.

Challenge Modes

Each challenge has one of the following modes, which determines the conditions for victory.

Reaper
The player with the highest kill count wins over the total number of battles. After all battles are complete, if kills are tied, total damage for all battles decides the winner.
SpotKill
The player with the highest spot + kill count wins. Spots score one and kills score two. After all battles are complete if the scores are level then total damage decides the winner.
SharpShooter
The player with the highest hitrate wins. For equal hitrate, the highest number of shots wins. If still equal, highest damage decides the winner.
Damage
The player with the highest damage for each battle wins that battle. For equal scores, Kills, then Hitrate, then XP for the battle is used to decide the winner.
TotalDamage
The player with the highest overall damage after all battles wins. For equal damage, then overall XP is used to decide the winner.
AllRounder
The players must play in one tank of each type for that tier. Overall damage for all battles decides the winner.

Edited by MirageMike, 10 July 2018 - 04:22 PM.

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 10 July 2018 - 07:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35917 battles
  • [AFK]
Interesting idea, good luck with it.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

MirageMike #3 Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

Thanks mrpgilbert - I'm hoping to get people to register for challenges, to help test the game engine.

Taking part in Challenges is pretty simple - you just need to login using your wargaming credentials, and register to play in a challenge, once all the places are filled, the matches can be started.  The site polls the stats for active matches, meaning that qualifying battle stats are automatically captured, so it's just a case of playing blitz as usual.

Challenges can be restricted based on clan, so any clan lead wanting to have a challenge setup for just their clan, can get in touch and i'll set one up.

It's also possible to setup a clan war challenge, so two clans can compete with each other, if this may interest your clan, let me know

Edited by MirageMike, 10 July 2018 - 09:26 PM.

Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35917 battles
  • [AFK]
Anything to encourage players to improve...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

maximk_1 #5 Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 110937 battles
  • [BAND]
nice format for mastery, good luck

LoadAimFireRun #6 Posted 11 July 2018 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28226 battles
  • [-ROP-]

Nice layout; but if I may offer a suggestions or two ?

I really like the challenges idea -- maybe it is something worth investigating if it can be integrated with the wotbot discord bot ?

Please dump the WN7 and focus on the more recent WN8 or the not fully setteld WN9 stats -- this will offer you website something unique.

Something some of the top players are always lookinf for since wotbstars.com disappeared -- STAR rating. Again this would differentiate your site a little bit as well.

MirageMike #7 Posted 11 July 2018 - 11:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]
Thanks LoadAimFireRun, would be happy to integrate STAR or WN8, if someone could provide the information on how to calculate these.

I can also have a look at getting wotbot enabled, will have a chat with the dev regarding this.

Thanks for feedback

LoadAimFireRun #8 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28226 battles
  • [-ROP-]

For WN8, some pointers and helpline:

http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

Possiibly ask for help from marius.czyz@gmail.com from http://www.vbaddict.net/developers/.

FORM: http://wiki.wneffici...es/WN8:_Summary

TABLE: http://www.wnefficie...net/wnexpected/

Someone has done their homework: http://www.mediafire...ulatingWN8.xlsx

START1 Rating:

• What this rating is about? This rating compares performance of qualified tanks (at least "tank tier multiplied by 10" battles on tier 5 and above) with median performance of these tanks aggregated from all players. The rating shows how better a given player is comparing to an imaginary median player who scored exactly the same as median values for each qualified tank the given player has.
  • Which metrics are considered? List of metrics is shown in the header of the vehicle table. The key metric is damage. It carries 0.4% of the entire weight. The second most important metric is the win rate (0.2% of the weight).
  • Which tiers are considered? 5 and above. Tiers bellow 5 are ignored as most of the players did not have enough experience when grinding trough these tiers and performance on these tiers does not reflect their overall skills.
  • Why there is an aggregated number calculated for each tier? Tier performance calculated as a whole and than adjusted by the tier weight. Higher tiers receive more weight comparing to lower tiers.
  • What if a player does not have any lower tier tanks as they were skipped using free XP? As long as this player has some tanks on tiers above what is missing it would be no any penalty for this.
  • What if a player does not have higher tier tanks because they have not been unlocked yet? - It will be a zero rating for these tiers and it will make a severe negative impact on the final number. In essence to be completive with STAR1 players should have at least one tier X tank.
  • Is number of battles considered? No. As long as a tank has "tank tier multiplied by 10" battles it qualifies for rating assuming it on the tier 5 and above.
  • Why players without higher tier tanks are getting a zero rating for these tiers? STAR1 is focusing on advanced players who have completed at least one full grind. It could not be guessed how players would play at tier X before he got a tier X. Tier X performance is critical for evaluating a player. It is required to complete a full grind to be competitive with STAR1.
  • Why STAR1 is even calculated for players who do not have tanks at higher tiers?STAR1 is not only the overall rating but it also provides a per tank breakdown. For tank rating it is irrelevant if a player played tier X or not. So results will be saved for all players even it is clear that players who do not have tanks at higher tiers will not qualify for top 100.
  • Don't you think that 0.1% penalty for platooning is a way too high?. Truth is that this number is actually low. When all players have been grouped by platoon rate from 1 to 15, it was found that every point in platoon rate increase resulted in 0.2% of win rate increase. That is how it is. That the numbers that coming from already collected data. Like it or not like it but when you platoon statistically you win 20% more.
  • Average tier. Is it used? It is not used at all. This metric is not part of the formula.
  • Why tiers are not equal? Yes tiers are not equal. 3 highest tiers receive 10%,20%,30% boost comparing to the base weight. Weight for tier X is the highest - 30% above the base. Good performance at the tier X greatly improves chances to be on the top of the chart. Importance of 3 lowest tiers is downplayed. Lowest tier (usually 5)has a weight 30% bellow the base weight.
  • What is the base weight? It is calculated as 1/(total number of tiers). As was said above higher tiers are having a higher weight and lower tiers have a lower weight.
  • Why platoon penalty is applied to all tanks across the board? Because WG API does not provide breakdown of platoon rate per tank.

MirageMike #9 Posted 11 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]
OK thanks for the links, I'll see if I can work some formulas out from them.

MirageMike #10 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

It would be great to get some more people registering for Challenges - anyone fancy helping with the testing - or would a more detailed description of how they work help understand them more ?

edp35 #11 Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4548 battles
Loving the mastery section as well :)  would be good if you can sort by tech tree, i,e mastered all the british medium line etc, but by country is good too

MirageMike #12 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]
Thanks edp35, I can look at adding that - will add it to my list of stuff to do. 

LoadAimFireRun #13 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28226 battles
  • [-ROP-]
Let me know if you need help testing stuff.

MirageMike #14 Posted 13 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

Thanks LoadAimFireRun - ideally just want to get all the existing challenges filled up and running - so if you can register for them and get friends to help too that would be great and much appreciated.

MirageMike #15 Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

There are a couple of challenges almost fully registered, if anyone wants to help and take the last spots, they can be started.

MirageMike #16 Posted 20 July 2018 - 07:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

It has been raised as a concern, that the site is not running using https, the login to WG is under https, so is secured.

However, I have created an SSL version under

https://blitztanksta...urewebsites.net

I am waiting to get the domain transferred, so the blitztankstats address will soon point to this version.

Still some original challenges open, why not have a try.

Mjr_Eazy #17 Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19970 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Hy, I had a look at the site, looks like it has some interesting stuff, I've registered for a couple of the challenges although not sure what to do next to take part in them?

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

MirageMike #18 Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:32 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26601 battles
  • [HFORC]

Hi Mjr_Eazy, when the challenges are fully registered, you can see who you are matched with by viewing the Challenge Tree, to start the match click on your match (the box with your name in) and it will show the match details.  You can then click Start Match.  This will then make the game engine look for your stats and bring the data in.  So once started it's just a case of playing the games in the right tank, and the engine will do the rest.

Currently you have to play all games (normally 3) even if you cant win to finish the match and declare a winner.  I'm working on the code now, to auto finish matches that can't be won.

I can set the challenges up to start at a set time - but for these initial ones, i've left the start time open, as want to get as many challenges tested as possible.

Thanks for taking part, i really appreciate it !  

Edited by MirageMike, 21 July 2018 - 09:50 AM.

LoadAimFireRun #19 Posted 23 July 2018 - 02:06 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28226 battles
  • [-ROP-]

Hey Mike;

What about opening a fix thread of the forum with a Change Log / Request for Changes. Or maybe rename this thread.

Mjr_Eazy #20 Posted 23 July 2018 - 05:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19970 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Thanks Mike, I really like the challenges idea... 

:great:

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users