• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

ComradeOddBall #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 440 battles
  • [S_S_D]

98A2F289-7F81-4438-AA52-8E7CF9AB176A.jpeg

So today was pretty disastrous. Thie photo is literally the tip of the iceberg. My win rate has dropped significantly, and I don’t care what you say, it wasn’t just bad luck or bad playing or coincidence. The last game I played, the reds never even lost one tank. There are experienced players who can play almost one handed, knock out seven tanks without raising a sweat,  and then tell you your win rate reflects your own abilities, which, frankly, for those of us just skirting tier V for the first time is grade one bollocks. I’m not a bad player. Not outstanding, but i do have a Kolobanov medal, which wasn’t a lucky win, but earned. I can handle a tank relatively well. I’ve spent quite a bit of money on this game, but in sharp contrast to most other kinds of buy, if I don’t feel that i am getting value for money, the WG attitude is “We have your money. Tough titties”. No, I don’t expect to win all the time...just some of the time. I also expect to enjoy the experience I’ve paid for. Were i a paranoid sort of a fella, I might be inclined to think my complaints have resulted in a bug in my game or some such, but it’s just down to really really rubbish matchmaking. One team of noob reds today. ONE. The other games (more than ten), they were all in my team. 

So basically, always have in mind that WG are only interested in profit. That’s it. They’re not interested in you, or your enjoyment. Before you go spending money on gold, remember this, and you’ll have cause to thank me one day. Oh, and don’t bother creating tickets and sending them off full of your complaints. You’ll get an automated “dear tanker “ response, or a glib, patronising message. You might even get sarcasm, as i did. 

Edited by ComradeOddBall, 12 July 2018 - 02:40 PM.

Don’t bother. You’ll just be disappointed. 

ComradeOddBall #2 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 440 battles
  • [S_S_D]
Oh, and just so you know, on other accounts, in other lives, i’ve NEVER lost every single game in a day. Won one today, but only after being surrounded by reds and killed, enabling my team to get the reds. The ones i didn’t lose, we drew. One because a noob in a KV1 was chasing a Covenanter instead of going base with another team mate. Well played Covenanter. Your ruse worked perfectly.

Titus_Scato #3 Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39160 battles
  • [1RTR]

... or change your username to moriarty13.

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 12 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19061 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Welcome back Canny, we’ve missed your unfounded mad ramblings about MM ;)

Please post this sort of paranoia on the MM thread where it belongs...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

The_Mighty_Wombat #5 Posted 12 July 2018 - 05:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34176 battles
  • [-GNA-]

I checked your stats after this post and I have to say its not looking good.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Comradeoddball

I cant be bothered to think at the moment and your battle counts are low in each tank.

Its hard to predict what your doing wrong but your doing it pretty consistantly.

Your stats for wn7/8 are just green in most tanks so your playing them average at best and not making enough impact to win battles.

But this is normal and mine were similar when I started.

Start watching youtube reviews and play guides, there is lots to pick up and you will see your stats improve resulting in more wins.

While my account has better crew perks its the player skill and experience that makes the most of it.

You can buy premium tanks and everything in game but you cant buy the personal skill needed.

I have a second account with a similar battle count to you yet its stats are good even with next to no crew perks.

This is because I already built the personal skills in this account and dont need to go through the learning stage.

Teams are bad so expect your team to be noobs and the reds as veterans.

Work on your damage ratios and hit them more then they hit you.

Learn you tanks role and work with the team, even if you think they are going the wrong way.

Dont be seperated from the main group of your team unless your in a tank that can run away faster then the reds can chase you.

I try to teach newer people to not be more then 1/3 the map away from most of your allies, here you can get to them and they can get to you.

Use the forum to ask questions and learn, most here want to see new players grow and become part of the community.

Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
  • [AFK]
Hy, mate, and welcome to the forum. Sadly, there are many useless players who don't want to learn, glad you do. I'd recommend just playing a couple of tanks at a time, so you get to know their strengths and weaknesses. As far as videos go, there's an American called Littlefinger who has a whole series of good tutorials on lower tier tanks, which it's worth checking out.
The game isn't straight paytowin, but the premium tanks you have will generate more credits than tech tree tanks, which will enable you to afford to do more in your other tanks - premium ammo, camo, equipment - than might otherwise be the case. That in turn gives you an advantage over other players.
Just keep trying, you'll get there.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

DukeA1 #7 Posted 13 July 2018 - 07:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7489 battles
  • [FASTI]

nothing riles me up more than UNFAIRNESS, particularly DELIBERATE UNFAIR PLAYING FIELDS,

be careful about your investigation though, i have a encrypted drive on a private IP constantly recording all my computer activity incase I need it as evidence, as we all know, people lie more every day

Edited by DukeA1, 13 July 2018 - 05:14 PM.

where hope fails - attention to detail prevails! 

RustyRaptor #8 Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5190 battles
  • [V4LUE]

DukeA1,can you please learn how to write posts like a normal person?

Chairman_merpug #9 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRustyRaptor, on 13 July 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Highly unlikely.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

DukeA1 #10 Posted 13 July 2018 - 05:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7489 battles
  • [FASTI]

View PostRustyRaptor, on 13 July 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

ewwww the Raptor, ok how's that, edited, for  Rusty, if only you talk like i did when i was younger, and my age a bit more acceptable for gaming, carry on, you'll get old one day too, life has a way of 'stressing you out'...' the more you know....... the less people want to hear it'.... aging sucks man.... i've heard so many stories from old guys, nobody else would want to hear, it fubbles me up a bit i guess... knowing stuff... sorry about that...

i do have a chip on my shoulder, since reaching twenties, people call me names and say **** off alot, that im suddenly, my whole life, is no longer 'acceptable', despite ive been gaming since 4 years old, maxing every game there is, feels cruel...

if I had my way, fatal1ty would still be a TOP GAMER, if it wasn't for age prejudice and name calling, grinding old gamers down, constantly, ( i like games, i hate real life - it's pointless! ..., games forever man games forever! )

one day, i will be "world champion", like world of warcraft days, world champion, all the name calling won't keep me down forever! lols

anybody that hasn't been ranked top 5, carry on, it's a GREAT FEELING! worth it!

Edited by DukeA1, 13 July 2018 - 05:33 PM.

achtung210 #11 Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32029 battles
  • [BRAT]

You just need to lay of the game for a day or so and you might be seeing green again. Some additional practice might also help. Your stats are not looking too good.

DukeA1 #12 Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7489 battles
  • [FASTI]

View Postachtung210, on 15 July 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

lay of the game

2 bumps in the road, really small bumps you can't see easily, made me miss 2 shots, as i pressed fire, i hit the first bump, then i tried again, target locked, pressed fire same time hit the 2nd hidden bump, missed, then we lost the battle shortly after

albeit , not what you meant, :P

ComradeOddBall #13 Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 440 battles
  • [S_S_D]

Yeah...sensing a little bit of a patronising attitude here. I watch videos (Littlefinger, Bushka,Sk8 etc), i stay with the pack, yes, even when they clearly have no idea (although that’s hard when they all just sit turning turrets, and/or driving short distances in different directions, as in all of the games I’ve played today). In most of them I just thought “oh well, I’ll just get as much damage as possible”, but that’s also hard when people park in front of you, or behind you when you’re trying to back into cover.

Paranoid? Unfounded? No. It’s what I’ve experienced. Experienced players who play mostly high tiers, and who probably had a whole different class of newbies back in the day, don’t really see or understand what goes on in the starter tiers. They’ve a completely different view of the game, having more skill and knowledge, and having seen the game progress. They can’t possibly understand how it is to be a new player now, imo. 

No, I don’t  think I should win just because i spend. That would be idiotic. Gotta pay to play, and all that. I just expect to enjoy it. I expect to lose, but not because I’m almost always with whole teams of players who are either new to the tier, or just don’t give flying wossname. I sincerely hope there’s more people who take it seriously at higher tiers.

ComradeOddBall #14 Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 440 battles
  • [S_S_D]

019955E4-BAF8-4FCF-8D58-D602EF891663.jpeg

What’s the [edited]point? 

If i had only ever fought a the relatively small number of battles on this account, I don’t think I’d be bothered. I’d put it down to inexperience and carry on, but i cut my teeth on a “player 1234..” account with many more battles than this account, before i deleted blitz and re-uploaded it to start afresh. What monumental waste of time and money. 

Chairman_merpug #15 Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostComradeOddBall, on 17 July 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

019955E4-BAF8-4FCF-8D58-D602EF891663.jpeg

What’s the [edited]point? 

If i had only ever fought a the relatively small number of battles on this account, I don’t think I’d be bothered. I’d put it down to inexperience and carry on, but i cut my teeth on a “player 1234..” account with many more battles than this account, before i deleted blitz and re-uploaded it to start afresh. What monumental waste of time and money. 

I have days like that. It's not fun. Quite a few of them recently, if I'm honest. In my case, it was frequently me thinking a dire team was going to be useful. Keeping an eye on the minimap, holding back just that little bit more, watching what happens, not taking the obvious shot or chasing the kill - all of these are things I need to remember to do. When I do, I win more and get less stressed. Don't know if that helps.

Oh, and I play the Flatpanzer to de-stress, too. 

SoleTrader #16 Posted 18 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8860 battles
Thanks for posting the blitz stars link, I never new it existed. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users