• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Dans79Vet #41 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33295 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostGentleman_l8astard, on 14 July 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

I never got the seal clubber hate.  So what if a guy wants to play 10k games in the DW or A-20 or any other known seal clubber tank?  You are allowed to keep any tanks you wish as long as you have the slots for them, and you are not limited to any set numbers of games.  If you like it, then play it.  I happen to like all tiers and have favorites throughout all nations and tiers, and if I want to play 300 games in my Tetrarch trying to get an Ace, who are you (you meaning a general someone and not anyone specifically) to tell me I can’t?  Or shouldn’t because “seal clubber stat padder blah blah blah” reasons.

I got something like 100 tanks at present, and they are all in my garage because I like playing them, no matter the tier.  Sure getting a seal clubber toon on the reds sucks, but then next game you might be the seal clubber toon.  Tier X is simply just as bad as tier I right now with yolo “follow me” noobs with 45% WR and an average damage of 300, only the losses hurt more.  Owning some Tier X tanks don’t mean you are good, it just means you got there.

There is a difference.

I enjoy all tiers and will play any tank. People can play anytank, its up to them.

But you must wonder when people have 5,000 plus battles in one low tier tank. 

Sure some people will struggle to ace tanks but there is a point when its past that.

When a player complains about poor upper tier teams and you look at their stats.

Their account is good overal but poor in upper tiers and have excessive battles in lower tiers.

These are stat padders. They are not playing for fun in low tiers but to make their account appear better then it is.

They dont bother to learn to play better but resort to fighting weaker targets.

So removing stats for these tanks will force them up the tiers. They are no longer gaining anything by playing that tank.

So new players and people playing more for fun or Aces will be in these tiers.

WG how about putting some effort into fixing and updating the Forum

Gentleman_l8astard #42 Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9675 battles

View PostDans79Vet, on 14 July 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

There is a difference.

I enjoy all tiers and will play any tank. People can play anytank, its up to them.

But you must wonder when people have 5,000 plus battles in one low tier tank. 

Sure some people will struggle to ace tanks but there is a point when its past that.

When a player complains about poor upper tier teams and you look at their stats.

Their account is good overal but poor in upper tiers and have excessive battles in lower tiers.

These are stat padders. They are not playing for fun in low tiers but to make their account appear better then it is.

They dont bother to learn to play better but resort to fighting weaker targets.

So removing stats for these tanks will force them up the tiers. They are no longer gaining anything by playing that tank.

So new players and people playing more for fun or Aces will be in these tiers.

Removal of the stats at lower tiers means nothing.  I do agree with you to a point, those that prey on the weaker players in the low tiers are ... morally(?) questionable.  I add a question mark because like many I feel there is a “right” way to play, in other words following the “spirit” of the game.  Others don’t feel that way, and it’s their right.  In a perfect world, things would be perfect.  

Either way, it’s not my (or your) place to say who is playing “right” and who is a stat padder and so on.  Yeah I think 10k games in the KV-2 is a little (lot) extreme, but if someone wants to spend that kind of time in one tank, where is the problem?

All removal of stats at low tiers would do is make low tiers even more of an anachronism than it already is.  Stats don’t count?  Cool, I’ll really wreck someone’s game now.  Is playing exclusively low tiers for high stats “right”?  No, it’s petty and childish and means nothing to anyone that understands the game.  Is it still their choice on how to play?  Yes.  Does it mean I will listen to their opinions more or less than anyone else? No, I mean it’s the internet after all.  I don’t take much of anything seriously here, including player stats on a pixel game.  Is it nice to know I’m doing well?  Sure, everyone likes winning and anyone that tells you different is telling you a lie.  No one wants to lose.

As I said I agree to a point, but I still disagree that Tier X is tje top of the food chain as far as player skill.  I have seen enough [edited]at tier X to kno better.  Besides, there are some massively fun tanks at low and mid tiers that I (was) playing often.  I do play for fun, but not the “I’m here to troll your game” fun.  Winning is fun, and I play to win.   That doesn’t make me more right than anyone else tho.

Knickerson #43 Posted 14 July 2018 - 08:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24860 battles
  • [ICN]

View PostGentleman_l8astard, on 14 July 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

I never got the seal clubber hate ... Owning some Tier X tanks don’t mean you are good, it just means you got there.

"Hate" is a strong word. Beat those seals to a pulp for one's morning protein smoothie, for all I care. I get it—after a long day at work a bit of unwinding in front of an iPad, swatting down newbs and noobs with a DW can be relaxing. The sounds of the helpless, whimpering cries of an unfair world can be as soothing as Beethoven's Sixth and a nice Syrah.

But ...

Don't come to me and tell me that you (not you, I8astard) that you're (again, not you I8astard) god's gift to gaming, no matter how subtle the message. It's playing the game on easy mode, plain and simple, all for the chase of a number.   

A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse! ...
I have set my life upon a cast,
and I will stand the hazard of a die.

William Shakespeare
Richard III – Act 5, scene 4

Gentleman_l8astard #44 Posted Yesterday, 11:53 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9675 battles

View PostKnickerson, on 14 July 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Don't come to me and tell me that you (not you, I8astard) that you're (again, not you I8astard) god's gift to gaming, no matter how subtle the message. It's playing the game on easy mode, plain and simple, all for the chase of a number.   

I agree, anyone that preaches how good they are because they have played 30k games at tier 1-5 and use those numbers as the final argument to any discussion is beyond childish, and pretty sure I said something like that before.

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, Yesterday, 11:53 AM.

JoseOlas #45 Posted Yesterday, 12:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 70415 battles
  • [PHNX]
How?

reekoiler #46 Posted Yesterday, 01:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21432 battles
  • [FTC-1]
No