Favorite Kills

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Knickerson #1 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24905 battles
  • [ICN]

Getting reacquainted with my T25 AT at Black Goldville, and it just so happened I ambushed one of my favorite tanks to ambush: The dreaded LTTB.

That's gotta be one of my most favorite kills. Got one?

Edited by Knickerson, 12 July 2018 - 06:11 PM.

A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse! ...
I have set my life upon a cast,
and I will stand the hazard of a die.

William Shakespeare
Richard III – Act 5, scene 4

soulinthemachine #2 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 32342 battles
  • [TENC]
I won't mention a players name but he is way better than me. Few months ago so no replay.Said hi at start on rockfield and avoided him as I went in my vk3001p to c Cap.  Played reasonable but his team were too good . He started to cap C in his sp1c and I was our only survivor near the end.So I ran around to the challenge - he full health ,me a 2 shot . So I  unloaded my gun and wammo an ammo rack . Then I died. But not every day you get to ammorack a 65% top class player if you walk in my shoes.He was nice about it after.

MarsIsBrightTonight #3 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19463 battles
  • [OBB]

That was before the nerf. A T-49 hiding in a campbush at Canal splashed some HE on me while I was trundling around in a KV-3, I didn't have any other targets at hand so I said, "why not" and took a snapshot.

Ammorack!

Cue seven "LOL" in global chat. 

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)

mrpgilbert #4 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33321 battles
  • [AFK]
Took out a unicum Dracula in my KV-2 yesterday, which felt very good indeed. Don't think he expected me to be holding the flank.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

Tijgerhaai_XIV #5 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 8405 battles
  • [ALBA]
Messing up my sneaky approach on an IS-3 in my VK 30.02 D, so I had to square off face to face with both of us one shots. Despite feeling slightly out gunned after a short dance around a snowy hill I used the German's awesome penetration to shoot them through the turret roof directly head on.

Proof that German tier VII meds are better brawlers than Soviet tier VIII heavies.

romsitsa #6 Posted 12 July 2018 - 08:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 38700 battles
  • [VG]

Way back in time sniped an E-75 in my SU-152. Firts HE caused fire, second shot caused fire, roughly 1500 dmg, iirc. 

Also SU-152 vs. a Ferdie on OLD Malinowka, it drove down showing its top armor, oneshot.

A

Edited by romsitsa, 12 July 2018 - 08:37 PM.

Peddy_tanj_it #7 Posted 13 July 2018 - 12:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46464 battles
  • [TANG]

A long time ago.....

In a game in the mists of time...

On a map that has changed drastically....

Desert Sands back when it had some great TD camping spots that allowed for view of almost the entire map. On one side there was a shelf like area of high ground at the back of the map that had two of three really good camping spots that allowed a great view of the almost 1/2 the map with the railway line blocking the view of so you could choose which side of the railway to cover. Mediums coming across the desert or heavies through the village. 

The other side had a large hill on the left hand side of the map near the back which had an almost perfect view of the entire map but required a fairly powerful weight ratio to mountain goat climb up it. This position took a good 30-40 seconds to climb up into after the start of the match but once there you had the ability to shoot almost the entire map with the buildings in front and the railway off to the right and you could shoot over that and into the desert beyond.  Either of these positions required that you had spotters out as you were shooting far far beyond the normal spotting range. 

I had just completed the 100% crew skills and fully upgraded my Stug. My team had map end with the shelf and a choice of spots to camp in. I choose to cover the desert as the Reds had more mediums and I was expecting to farm some nice damage from them. But no reds spotted...

The Red Team also had a stug and so might just be camping on the mountain.... Worth a speculative shot as nothing in sight... Shot out... Nothing... Still nothing else to shoot at so try again same spot... Shot out.... Nothing.... No targets for me to shoot bored try again. shot out.... Nothing.... Then enemy destroyed.... YES!  Checked the results screen at the end of the battle and I had hit them with all three shots. But it was the fire that I started that killed them.. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

petes85 #8 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39696 battles
  • [MNT]
zero favorite kills cause i'm noobish player, still learning this game :) 

Edited by petes85, 13 July 2018 - 08:11 AM.

superschnitzelkoenig #9 Posted 13 July 2018 - 08:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40729 battles
  • [RA1D]
Sniping from the middle in my ISU-152 on Falls Creek. After a lot of unfriendly exchanged shots I remain a oneshot, hiding behind a rock. The enemy fulllife T-54 notices me and rushes to kill me. I decide to give him one last shot and die with honour. He peeks round the corner, I shoot... bammmmm, his ammoreck explodes with the force of a Supernova. Thats definitely not what he imagined the outcome to be... I keep on shooting and end up with some 4500 damage... Rest in Peace buddy, R.I.P.

Edited by superschnitzelkoenig, 13 July 2018 - 08:46 AM.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

jonty_2014 #10 Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 55576 battles
  • [EMRS]

Favourite kill?

Port Bay, team were going right along the river but no sign of the reds.

It turned out that the reds were dithering and on the ridge overlooking the town. I was in my fully upgraded Panther with the long 75mm gun.

The reds get spotted and are slowly heading inland, towards the river. I line up a shot on the side of an E75... one of my team gets a 75mm shot into it, for 160 damage. I then fire with mine, straight into the ammorack.

Boom! Not a full HP kill, but nice when you’re low tier in a tier 7,8,9 game in good old +2/-2MM.

It’s one of the two E75 I notched up... https://imgur.com/a/UKBLOWH

Edited by jonty_2014, 13 July 2018 - 10:02 AM.

JJSawry #11 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26316 battles
  • [EU]

View Postjonty_2014, on 13 July 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

Favourite kill?

Port Bay, team were going right along the river but no sign of the reds.

It turned out that the reds were dithering and on the ridge overlooking the town. I was in my fully upgraded Panther with the long 75mm gun.

The reds get spotted and are slowly heading inland, towards the river. I line up a shot on the side of an E75... one of my team gets a 75mm shot into it, for 160 damage. I then fire with mine, straight into the ammorack.

Boom! Not a full HP kill, but nice when you’re low tier in a tier 7,8,9 game in good old +2/-2MM.

Dont think you can one shot ammorack it with smaller guns. Your Ally must've damaged the rack as well. The rack module health is really low only on lights, in my experience. 

Favorite kills are the snapshots while moving in Russian heavies. Kv2 in particular. I don't know how wg implemented the arcade mode autoaim, but it makes shots you won't in snipermode while moving.

jonty_2014 #12 Posted 13 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 55576 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostJJSawry, on 13 July 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

Dont think you can one shot ammorack it with smaller guns. Your Ally must've damaged the rack as well. The rack module health is really low only on lights, in my experience. 

Favorite kills are the snapshots while moving in Russian heavies. Kv2 in particular. I don't know how wg implemented the arcade mode autoaim, but it makes shots you won't in snipermode while moving.

Yes, it was the second shot from me... the percentage chance was low... but RNGeezus smiled on me that day.  First one in damaged it, I got the critical shot.

minitelrose #13 Posted 14 July 2018 - 01:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 55461 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostKnickerson, on 12 July 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Getting reacquainted with my T25 AT at Black Goldville, and it just so happened I ambushed one of my favorite tanks to ambush: The dreaded LTTB.

replay?

my favorite kill have to be rooftop jobs. Also ramming borsigs. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

reekoiler #14 Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21530 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostKnickerson, on 12 July 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Well, I hated the T25 AT.   When I realised it led to the poxy T28 I sold it.   When I realised later on it led in fact to the T28 proto and thence to the T30 I bought it back, still hating it.   Once I researched the proto I would sell it again, as I kept hating it.   Then, its last battle, on Black Goldville, a full HP red MT25 came around a corner and I ammo racked it to zero, bagged some more reds, aced the rotten thing ... and sold it, very happy to get the ace in the bag when I had settled in my mind for just moving on without it.   So that would be a favourite kill.

Knickerson, my apologies.

Kreator1823 #15 Posted 15 July 2018 - 02:11 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34477 battles
  • [CRU]

View PostPeddy_tanj_it, on 13 July 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

A long time ago.....

In a game in the mists of time...

On a map that has changed drastically....

Desert Sands back when it had some great TD camping spots that allowed for view of almost the entire map. On one side there was a shelf like area of high ground at the back of the map that had two of three really good camping spots that allowed a great view of the almost 1/2 the map with the railway line blocking the view of so you could choose which side of the railway to cover. Mediums coming across the desert or heavies through the village. 

The other side had a large hill on the left hand side of the map near the back which had an almost perfect view of the entire map but required a fairly powerful weight ratio to mountain goat climb up it. This position took a good 30-40 seconds to climb up into after the start of the match but once there you had the ability to shoot almost the entire map with the buildings in front and the railway off to the right and you could shoot over that and into the desert beyond.  Either of these positions required that you had spotters out as you were shooting far far beyond the normal spotting range. 

I had just completed the 100% crew skills and fully upgraded my Stug. My team had map end with the shelf and a choice of spots to camp in. I choose to cover the desert as the Reds had more mediums and I was expecting to farm some nice damage from them. But no reds spotted...

The Red Team also had a stug and so might just be camping on the mountain.... Worth a speculative shot as nothing in sight... Shot out... Nothing... Still nothing else to shoot at so try again same spot... Shot out.... Nothing.... No targets for me to shoot bored try again. shot out.... Nothing.... Then enemy destroyed.... YES!  Checked the results screen at the end of the battle and I had hit them with all three shots. But it was the fire that I started that killed them.. 

Bring back old Desert Sands!

mrpgilbert #16 Posted 15 July 2018 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33321 battles
  • [AFK]
Yesterday, killed the red Flatpanzer to win - and he killed mine at the same time. :)

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

achtung210 #17 Posted 15 July 2018 - 07:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29666 battles
  • [BRAT]
Jagdpanzer E100 HE up the rear of a Leo1.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users