• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #81 Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Post_NormanP_, on 20 July 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

In my opinion the existing player base should just say .. NO.
It would be nice if every player decided not to play the game for 24hrs.
I know that won’t happen but, maybe they would at least notice the boycott and listen.

maybe a boycott of the test would get them to notice if lots of people who are registered for thest could be presuaded to quit it and feedback to WG it’s in protest at these proposed changes?  I’d be happy to join any sort of organised boycott, although I’m a sheep not a leader so beed a big dog to herd me, ie organise it :)

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

balthorco #82 Posted 20 July 2018 - 09:57 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30424 battles

View PostMark_Collins, on 20 July 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

As has been answered multiple times, you will keep the tank but as a premium version.

Are you sure it will be real premium tank and perhaps not "special" tank with no earning bonus? 

Zapraszam na mój kanał youtube balthorco World of Tanks Blitz i do klanu Dywizjon Pancerny-Husaria

sixty_three #83 Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11466 battles

People generally prefer their tanks to be buffed rather than nerfed.  If you want to nerf tank X for the sake of balance, buff all the other tanks.  I know, the end result is the same, but to avoid upsets, this is the better method.  I note that the last time WG tried to make lower tier battles more "comfortable" for beginners, the hit points of all but the most overpowered lower tier tanks were increased.  That went relatively smoothly, so why not do the same again?

I also think that if WG are considering a range of changes (better tutorials, different MM for beginners, rebalancing tanks, restricting equipment choices, etc.), you introduce just one set of changes per release.  And give it time for the player base to get used to the changes.  So, say, better tutorials in v5.2.  Then a normal update in v5.3. Then rebalanced tanks in v5.4, and another normal update in v5.5, and so on.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Jukkis74 #84 Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26101 battles
  • [AFK]

If low level tech trees are totally stripped, newbies go to high tiers faster than earlier. How does that help learning?

Make some parts of the tech tree unlockable, i.e. available only after some conditions have been achieved.

Also, provide feedback on players after each game. For example, if they shoot a lot of HE that does not penetrate, tell them so, and suggest they use AP shots more. The feedback can be based both on specific match and player stats in general. If feedback itself is not enough, create special missions that reward for correcting the playstyle. 

jonty_2014 #85 Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 56581 battles
  • [EMRS]

Here’s my thoughts on the topic and the Open Test...

Since WG look like they’re going to keep all the tanks in the game, simplifying the tech tree won’t help newer players - they will just go up the tech tree more quickly and face the experienced players at tier 5.  By all means simplify equipment, provisions, consumables and ammunition as they progress up the tiers.  By all means simplify the tech trees a little, so tier 1 is lights, tier 2 is some mediums & lights, tier 3 is more mediums, lights, and some TD.  Introduce heavies at tier 4.  Have tutorial games for each new class as it is introduced.  Ask the CC’s to do some basic tutorial videos. Good for watching them is a neat idea. The nerfs in the 5.1 test are unnecessary.  Tanks can be up or down tiered just fine.  Having 75-77mm guns with different alpha damage makes no sense and ruins the cohesiveness of the game.  It will also make tier 5 horrible for new players, arriving in this tier with a nerfed vehicle (less effective than it used to be) and face experienced players with well selected, fully equipped tanks and fully trained crews - newer players can be at tier 5 in their first day of play... At tier 5 it could be their last.  Reducing the diversity of low tier tanks will put off some players; many like the lower tiers.  Reducing the diversity also diminishes the historical interest aspect of the game.  There are some good ideas, but the CC’s like martindogger and Sk8xtrm have good ones too.  WG, please listen and consider these.  Please don’t repeat the spare part saga.  You make the game, we play it, we have a better idea of what we like than you do.

I like the simpler provisions, equipment, and consumables, with more introduced as progression up the tech tree takes place.

I think better tutorials are needed.

I don’t like the excessive reduction of the tech trees.  For the bigger trees, consider 1 vehicle at tier 1, 2 at 2, 3 at 3 and so on.  This will work for the Russian, German, US and UK tech trees.

I don’t think the nerfs are necessary.  This makes a lot of the tanks all very similar and really boring to play.  Keep diversity in the game, it makes it more interesting, as different vehicles need to play differently, not just look different. Just down-tier some tanks for new tier I, take out the others and retain as ... do you mean enriched, or premium vehicles?  And if they are removed, offer lots and lots of opportunities through events to get the old tech tree tanks...

Leave tier 5 & 6 pretty much alone.

JoyV #86 Posted 21 July 2018 - 09:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13049 battles
  • [301ST]
I was thinking of making a return after the removal of spare parts. Maybe i should wait a few updates before i make such a decision.
Dead.

petes85 #87 Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40227 battles
  • [KORPI]
Many games today have levels to achieve. So why not Blitz. The badge 1 mark should Be good. Player need to get badge 1 to buy higher tier... Just a thought

Mjr_Eazy #88 Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postpetes85, on 21 July 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

Many games today have levels to achieve. So why not Blitz. The badge 1 mark should Be good. Player need to get badge 1 to buy higher tier... Just a thought

Someone else suggested this before, titus or mini I think, I like this idea but don’t think WG will do it, they want new players ro move up and spend and this will not help that, their proposed dumb changes to create 10’s of new premium tanks is not about helping new players it’s about WG helping themselves to new players cash.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

petes85 #89 Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40227 battles
  • [KORPI]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 21 July 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Someone else suggested this before, titus or mini I think, I like this idea but don’t think WG will do it, they want new players ro move up and spend and this will not help that, their proposed dumb changes to create 10’s of new premium tanks is not about helping new players it’s about WG helping themselves to new players cash.

True, money flow just stops cause noobs can't progress above tier 1 :D seriously we need to implement system that works 

MrZ0 #90 Posted 21 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9495 battles
  • [NOOBZ]

Dear WG,

Players are no your friends but your clients.

i spent and keep on sending lots of money on the game. But if you mess I will quit immediately and never ever play a WG game again.

Dont EVER nerf a premium tank (even this stupid Kenny I don’t have)

Don’t massively change the features of any tank (no derp on Hetzer, seriously?)

and stop thinking that new players matter more than the one that make your fortune.

yu are just one mistake away from joining the cohort of bankrupted game companies which would be a shame because indeed your games are unique. Yu will never get the fortnite players you have a edge because people like us like the complexity of the game. Having many options for each tank and many choices in the tech tree and visibility on the premium features.

dont be stupid...

balthorco #91 Posted 22 July 2018 - 01:03 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30424 battles

View Postpetes85, on 21 July 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Of course it's good idea but like every idea that WG can't earn money on it won't be implemented. There are many possibilities to make life of new players easier (and more experienced also) but they won't be added to the game too. Sometimes to get money you have to invest and WG seems not to get it at all. 

Zapraszam na mój kanał youtube balthorco World of Tanks Blitz i do klanu Dywizjon Pancerny-Husaria

Mjr_Eazy #92 Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postpetes85, on 21 July 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

True, money flow just stops cause noobs can't progress above tier 1 :D seriously we need to implement system that works 

Lol, good one :teethhappy:

Those players are gonna leave what ever happens, you’ll have a bunch of people try it, wanting to drive an arcade shooter and blow stuff up.  I did, it’s the impression the tv ad’s give you, I’d never played WoT on PC.  Even the proposed changes wont help.  Yes it simplifies things for new players as less to choose from but they will still get smashed, quickly get fed up and leave.  A longer training/tutorial mode will put off many too, as they want to play the real game, not realising they will get smashed, quickly get fed up and leave.  Personally I’m fine with that as it’s these types of players who dont learn that struggle at higher tiers and are a general liability above tier v.  Most of them probably never spend a penny just use their free gold and quit.

It’s the players who stick around for a few days/weeks that play 10’s or a few hundred battles that quit that WG want to milk.  They want to give them a way to spend that free gold quickly and then to spend some real money.  Lots of premium tanks does just that.  Especially because they will see them in battles, driven by experienced players with better crew skills and get smashed.  WG hope that makes them buy said premiums, it’s the same effect as those buying higher tier premiums as they think the “better” tank will stop them getting smashed.

Colmain595 #93 Posted 22 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36792 battles
  • [KRH]

WG.  I have some questions.

1.  For those tanks that are removed from the tech tree, how will players be compensated if they have spent gold on them (for example by buying a cam scheme for gold)?

2.  If WG go ahead and decide to nerf the Ke-NI-Otsu (Kenny), thereby nerfing a premium tank directly, will customers have the option to claim back their money for a product being changed from its original state, as sold, after purchase?

3.   If the Ke-NI-Otsu is nerfed will WG then issue a notification on the sale of all premium tanks, notifying customers that the product they are buying could be subject to change after an unknown number of updates at a time of WG choosing?

4.  Will purchased (gold) cam be removed from tanks of tier 4 and under and if so how will customers be compensated?

Mjr_Eazy #94 Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostColmain595, on 22 July 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

1.  For those tanks that are removed from the tech tree, how will players be compensated if they have spent gold on them (for example by buying a cam scheme for gold)?

2.  If WG go ahead and decide to nerf the Ke-NI-Otsu (Kenny), thereby nerfing a premium tank directly, will customers have the option to claim back their money for a product being changed from its original state, as sold, after purchase?

3.   If the Ke-NI-Otsu is nerfed will WG then issue a notification on the sale of all premium tanks, notifying customers that the product they are buying could be subject to change after an unknown number of updates at a time of WG choosing?

4.  Will purchased (gold) cam be removed from tanks of tier 4 and under and if so how will customers be compensated?

Hy, the mod’s answered some of this on another thread...

Removed tech tree tanks will become premiums, they didn’t say anything about any being totally removed...

Existing premiums like ice-claw are untouched.

They said you keep your camo’s on all tanks if you have a tier v or above.  They didn’t say explicitly what happens if you only have tanks up to tier iv, I can’t imagine there are many players here in that boat.

No comment re the nerfing...

Titus_Scato #95 Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39086 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 22 July 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

They didn’t say explicitly what happens if you only have tanks up to tier iv, I can’t imagine there are many players here in that boat.

You keep the gold camo, but you're not allowed to use it until you buy a Tier V.

Andrew91 #96 Posted 23 July 2018 - 06:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14810 battles
  • [R4GNA]

View PostMark_Collins, on 20 July 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

As has been answered multiple times, you will keep the tank but as a premium version.

Not that that really makes a difference. This whole thing is shaping up to be a complete shambles :-(

Fingers crossed that WG are not financially suicide-bound.......because that's what this will bring about.

Oh damn, didnt read that before.

Yeah still a shame to have such plans. I was thinking the gaming branch would learn from social media shitstorms with battlefront 2 and shadows of mordor etc. . I dont mind developers charging money the things are worth for. But WG is driving their titanic into a huge player iceberg crashing the playerbase lol.

and then no one will be their to carry the financial losses. For me I will stop spending money on the game for now. Waiting how this whole misery is coming to an end.

But I have the hopes the community did show a sign strong enough to erase this weird idea (which must have been brought up by some theorist in weird looking pants who is not even playing the game)

Matixo_55 #97 Posted 23 July 2018 - 12:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4469 battles
  • [CHWAT]
All good playeras now play low tiers to get tanks thath will be removed and get ACEs, and we are left with bunch of newbies in tier 10 
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his ~ Patton

MaXSty1er #98 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:00 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 391 battles
  • [WG]

View PostColmain595, on 22 July 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 22 July 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

Hy, the mod’s answered some of this on another thread...

Removed tech tree tanks will become premiums, they didn’t say anything about any being totally removed...

Existing premiums like ice-claw are untouched.

They said you keep your camo’s on all tanks if you have a tier v or above.  They didn’t say explicitly what happens if you only have tanks up to tier iv, I can’t imagine there are many players here in that boat.

No comment re the nerfing...

Hi,

you'll save the camo on all your tanks, and you will save your tanks in your garage.

Regarding other questions - it's hard to say now, because it's not final changes, just testing.

So we're collecting your feedback and will discuss it.

Mjr_Eazy #99 Posted 24 July 2018 - 11:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Many thanks for the clarification, and it’s good to hear the feedback will be collected and discussed as several CC’s and others here have suggested alternative solutions to meet the stated goal of helping new players and improving their retention without decimating the lower part of the tech tree...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 24 July 2018 - 11:44 AM.

Chairman_merpug #100 Posted 24 July 2018 - 10:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34259 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 24 July 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Hi,

you'll save the camo on all your tanks, and you will save your tanks in your garage.

Regarding other questions - it's hard to say now, because it's not final changes, just testing.

So we're collecting your feedback and will discuss it.

If we keep the tanks in our garage, unless you put newbies in a sandbox they will still be clubbed. The only way to improve retention is to enable them to develop skills before they progress. Unfortunately, your marketing department is selling the game as big tanks rushing around making things go boom. Not sure what demographic they're aiming at, but it sure ain't the one that has provided most of your long term customers. My own sales experience is that the best and most valuable customers are the ones who keep spending. Those who splash out on a gimmicky offer of some sort may give a short term boost to turnover, but provide less profit in the end, as they get less value for money than they expected. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users