WoT Blitz app violates Google's updated Play Store policy

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

StrikeFIN #1 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8396 battles

https://play.google....t-policy-print/

Google just updated their Play Store policy while ago, and there is one important thing that WG should look at.

This policy:

"Apps that promote hate speech, violence, self-harm, discrimination based on various factors such as sexual orientation or gender."

Player to player chat on garage, battles and private messages violates this policy too often! And it is because of the game, players get angry with other players during battles and so leads to this madness to spam their private messages full about hate stuff, it's disgusting how often it happens, even some reports, most just ignore and does nothing!?

Currently reports via tickets is somewhat ineffective way to report these cases, there should be easier way, maybe even ingame option to do this (possible to include screenshot etc information for report)

So WG, what are you going to do about this?

What about you everyone, what you think about this?

Edited by StrikeFIN, 29 July 2018 - 09:24 AM.

jonty_2014 #2 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58655 battles
  • [EMRS]
WG doesn’t promote it.  It facilitates it.  But then again, so does Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc...

StrikeFIN #3 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8396 battles

View Postjonty_2014, on 28 July 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

WG doesn’t promote it. It facilitates it. But then again, so does Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc...

We are talking about WoT Blitz now, leave offtopic out.

I just want hear your option about this, what you honestly feel about WGs way to deal with these cases currently?

Edited by StrikeFIN, 28 July 2018 - 08:27 PM.

efoster29 #4 Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 44190 battles
  • [BKRAP]

I usually screen shot any messages I receive that are very bad and send them on a ticket to Wargaming.

Player_4847592806 #5 Posted 28 July 2018 - 09:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3820 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 28 July 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

I just want hear your option about this, what you honestly feel about WGs way to deal with these cases currently?

Are you for real?

Peddy_tanj_it #6 Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 48935 battles
  • [TANG]

I have yet to discover a definition of "hate speech" that does not effectively mean censorship.

That leads to the old question who will police the hate speech police? 

But blitz does not promote any of the things listed. People who are using the app might do that. Or would you also include other methods of communication. TV Stations, books, telephones, magazines, etc, etc. 

Which you have stated is "off topic". 

So just within the game then. Who decides what is unacceptable? Please note that this game is played world-wide with people from many cultures and attitudes who live under many different judicial systems and laws. 

For person A it might be legal for them to say something which might be acceptable within the area that they live. But to person B it is abhorrent and a vile provocation. The reverse might also be true with persons B religion at total odds to persons A. And many other areas of disagreement. Let alone the laws and social constructs within which these people live. 

The two people might actually belong to two countries (political entities) which are currently engaged in a shooting conflict.  Could even be using some of the tanks represented within the game. (I have seen utube uploads of all sorts of armour being used in battle over the last few years. Ukraine, Siria ) 

The app allows for the replays of the game to be saved and these can be added to any tickets raised. 

I would do that, if in my opinion there had been a genuine attempt to intimidate or threaten. As opposed to the usual "crappostings" 

"Die Noob" "Go play with Barbie,Tetris" "I f@@ed your mother" etc. 

But in your opinion what would you consider to be an acceptable level of censorship? What penalties would you suggest that WG give?

Also Blitz does not have to be via Google so should not this whole question really be directed towards Google? 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Knickerson #7 Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27061 battles
  • [ICN]
People follow examples of good behavior as much as they follow bad. 
A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse! ...
I have set my life upon a cast,
and I will stand the hazard of a die.

William Shakespeare
Richard III – Act 5, scene 4

The_Mighty_Wombat #8 Posted 28 July 2018 - 10:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34401 battles
  • [-GNA-]

There is in game chat censorship. So its pretty clear that WG dont promote it.

Its the players that abuse the chat system and type to avoid censorship.

If you submit a ticket then players can get chat bans also.

Punishments need to be improved to discourage repeat offenders.

Chairman_merpug #9 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35885 battles
  • [AFK]
Why did you feel the need to post this nonsense three times?

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

SirArthurStreebGreebling #10 Posted 28 July 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 36508 battles
  • [VG]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 28 July 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Jonty gave his opinion, and that was that WoTB does not promote this and gave examples of other apps with chat features that also don’t promote this.

VarpusenI #11 Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:50 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18720 battles
  • [C-F]
Shooting vehicles when there is humans (I suppose) inside, is it about promoting violence? Not sure if I understand all fine details of word promote in this context.

StrikeFIN #12 Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8396 battles

View PostDans79Vet, on 29 July 2018 - 12:43 AM, said

Punishments need to be improved to discourage repeat offenders.

+ Military Honor system changed to ingame report system, remove stars and introduce report system.

+ Hours / 1 day ban doesn't really help anyone, atleast few days for thinking. Overall longer bans, extreme cases with perm bans?

+ Force players to read EULA 1st time or not able to play, really not joking with this.

Atleast general chat have mods now, that is good. I wish they are more often online. Or when human mods offline, activate chat bot?

And yes, WG doesn't promote, but they don't do seriously nothing against it either, atleast yet. WoT Blitz app just have flaws with player on player chat features.

Edited by StrikeFIN, 29 July 2018 - 09:25 AM.

Player_4847592806 #13 Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3820 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 29 July 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

+ Military Honor system changed to ingame report system, remove stars and introduce report system.

+ Hours / 1 day ban doesn't really help anyone, atleast few days for thinking. Overall longer bans, extreme cases with perm bans?

+ Force players to read EULA 1st time or not able to play, really not joking with this.

Atleast general chat have mods now, that is good. I wish they are more often online. Or when human mods offline, activate chat bot?

And yes, WG doesn't promote, but they don't do seriously nothing against them either, atleast yet. WoT Blitz app just have flaws with player on player chat features.

Report people for what? Writing stuff in your garage chat? Cause that's what happens most of the time. You can write a ticket, simple as that. If they do it again, the bans will be progressively longer. You can also turn chat off, block certain players and also trying to play better. Best of all is just ignore it, you can't deal with every mental case out there.

Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 29 July 2018 - 06:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19793 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 29 July 2018 - 12:51 AM, said:

And yes, WG doesn't promote

That was a short debate!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

onlypainhurts #15 Posted 29 July 2018 - 08:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34196 battles
  • [XFIRE]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 29 July 2018 - 01:51 AM, said:

Just how would you go about doing this?    I know people who sign monetary contracts without reading them.  Please tell how you would force someone to read the EULA.    Or you mean it appears and i just scroll through it and click accept?  Or are you talking full on Clock work orange style.   Are you volunteering to put the saline drops in peoples eyes as they are forced to read it?    

I responded to you posting this same topic in another thread,  There i thought it was a misunderstanding of language.  Now that i see you have posted it multiple times and your responses I think there are many things beyond language you dont understand so well. 

"Oderint dum Metuant"

superschnitzelkoenig #16 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44138 battles
  • [RA1D]
No promotion, no problem. Close thread.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

petes85 #17 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40699 battles
  • [KORPI]
Have anyone here really read apple's terms and conditions, i'm sure you Have not. Same applies to wg eula.

StrikeFIN #18 Posted 29 July 2018 - 10:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8396 battles

View Postpetes85, on 29 July 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Have anyone here really read apple's terms and conditions, i'm sure you Have not. Same applies to wg eula.

Nobody reads EULA, even they really should. Helps during certain cases in the future.

The_Mighty_Wombat #19 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34401 battles
  • [-GNA-]

Whats a EULA got to do with people misusing chat.

12.1.3 harassing, stalking or threatening other users in the Game;

I dont know what your trying to get at with this thread. 

romsitsa #20 Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:11 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40542 battles
  • [VG]

Blitz doesn't violate the policy, players do. If you feel that anyone acts against Blitz EULA, report it to WG and they will take care of it, as they do since the game was launched.

Ps.: If the majority would read and understand the EULA, sales would significantly drop.

A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users