Blitz Economics - 35% Savings Part 2 - Amazon App store for all, even PC (except apple)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

stubbo66 #1 Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67470 battles
  • [49DIV]

Well, this is part 2 following the great reception of my last article regarding the Amazon App Store and Blitz.

In the first article I described in detail how I discovered the Amazon App store on my Fire HD device was not only 20% cheaper for in-game purchases than the apple and google game stores, but that Amazon lets you pre-buy coins with another 22% discount giving you a total compound discount of 35% off of everything you buy in Blitz.

This second article takes that further and explains where and how you can run the Amazon App store on many types of devices to allow you to get the discounts, while still playing the game on your favorite device. No need to rush out and buy a Fire tablet!

Firstly a quick word of thanks to SinFFX1 who prompted me to look further into this, and also proved the app store worked on PC as well.

So here goes part 2....

So in part 1 http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49831-blitz-economics-save-roughly-35-on-every-in-game-purchase-not-a-scam/ we found out how the 35% savings work.

This magic is all down to Amazon and the fact they only take an 11.75% cut of an in-app games takings, unlike google, apple, steam and everyone else with an app store that takes the industry standard 30% cut. That saves you around 20-25% on the in-app purchases.

To get it up to 35% you need to use Amazon coins to buy the content in game....why is that? Well, like gift cards, Amazon lets you pre-pay for your in-app purchases. But here's the real bonus, the more you spend, the more you actually save. So unlike a regular gift card, you pay £10 you get a gift card valued at £10, with Amazon coins, you pay £8.70 and you get £10 worth of coins. That's a 13% saving, but you can get bigger savings by buying larger quantities of coins. So currently you can get 10,000 coins for £84 (a 16% saving).

Now these savings fluctuate, and I'm not sure exactly why yet, but I'll investigate that in another article. I have seen savings as much as 20% on the 10,000 cion bundle. Euros currently save 19%, dollars currently save 18%, Australian dollars save 20%.

This is all great but wasn't quite so great if you had to buy an Amazon Fire tablet to get access to the coins to pay for things in Blitz. This is where the beauty of Android comes in to play, and the reason for this second article.

The Amazon App store is itself an app you can install on any Android device. And most importantly, the app store you install blitz from uses the payment systems linked to the app store you installed it from.

Now Amazon makes things really easy here. Simply go to the following link from any Android device, and follow the instructions to download and install the app store.

http://www.amazon.com\getappstore

UPDATE: If you use BlueStacks 4, then for some odd reason the amazon link does not work through the bundled chrome browser. Simple answer, download Firefox through the google app store, and then put the above link in to firefox..everything works a treat from there on.

If you are on a google device, you may have to change a security setting to download the amazon app store as it isn't being served from the google app store. That should be quite safe and secure (it is Amazon after all), and once you have finished downloading and installing the App Store and Blitz from it, then you can turn that back on again. But it's important you know it's doing this, and if you're not comfortable then don't do it.

So you have installed the app store, now if you already have blitz installed on the device, you are going to need to uninstall it. You can't have two copies of it installed linked to two different app stores.

Once uninstalled (if you needed to) you can now download Blitz again from the Amazon app store. Very easy and simple to do.

After the game installs, just run it as normal, log in, and enjoy the savings....it's as simple as that.

Now, for PC players, you don't need to miss out on all this fun either, we've got you covered. There are many Android emulators out there on the web, but I downloaded Bluestacks from http://www.bluestacks.com

Once installed, it is just like having a tablet on your PC screen, except you use the mouse instead of your fingers.

You will need to install chrome first from its app store, then follow the process above to install the Amazon App store, and then finally Blitz.

Now PC owners too can enjoy the bonus of 35% savings on everything purchased in the game.

Edited by stubbo66, 13 May 2019 - 02:38 PM.

Titus_Scato #2 Posted 04 August 2018 - 11:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41828 battles
  • [1RTR]

WOWSA!!!

Thanks very much, stubbo!

Bartacus #3 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32147 battles
  • [DADS]

Hi Stubbo,

I've installed Bluestacks and Chrome, but don't seem to be able to download Amazon App store, the 'Get App Store' option doesn't appear, even when I should be sent an e-mail link it just takes me back to the same Amazon page.

Suspect there's a setting I need to change in the background somewhere, any ideas?

Apologies in advance if I'm doing something stupid!

Mjr_Eazy #4 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25336 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostBartacus, on 28 December 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Hi Stubbo,

I've installed Bluestacks and Chrome, but don't seem to be able to download Amazon App store, the 'Get App Store' option doesn't appear, even when I should be sent an e-mail link it just takes me back to the same Amazon page.

Suspect there's a setting I need to change in the background somewhere, any ideas?

Apologies in advance if I'm doing something stupid!

Did you try the link in stubbo’s article?

When I did mine I searched for ‘Amazon android store app’ in Chrome and on the smile.amazon.co.uk site, ie searched amazon, and then downloaded from there.

For the UK people if you use smile.amazon.co.uk as the url you donate to a charity of your choice with every purchase, it’s exactly the same amazon uk site under the hood just amazon donate for you.  It mounts up and well worth doing IMHO.  I use that to buy my amazon coins.

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 28 December 2018 - 11:44 AM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Bartacus #5 Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32147 battles
  • [DADS]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 28 December 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

Did you try the link in stubbo’s article?

When I did mine I searched for ‘Amazon android store app’ in Chrome and on the smile.amazon.co.uk site, ie searched amazon, and then downloaded from there.

For the UK people if you use smile.amazon.co.uk as the url you donate to a charity of your choice with every purchase, it’s exactly the same amazon uk site under the hood just amazon donate for you.  It mounts up and well worth doing IMHO.  I use that to buy my amazon coins.

I did, just takes me to the screen where you can enter your e-mail for the link to download the app store.  Just sends me round in circles.

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 28 December 2018 - 03:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25336 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostBartacus, on 28 December 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

I did, just takes me to the screen where you can enter your e-mail for the link to download the app store.  Just sends me round in circles.

Hmmmm, have you tried copying the link it emails you from the email into chrome in blue stacks?

I went to the screen now and I don't remember having to give an email address but was a while ago now...

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 28 December 2018 - 03:38 PM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

Tijgerhaai_XIV #7 Posted 28 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10610 battles
  • [ALBA]
https://www.amazon.c...artassist=false

Not sure why anything would be asking you for an email to download the apk.

radoslawmetodiew #8 Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24115 battles
  • [DAT]
 I think amazon coins are available only for usa, germany and uk. 

Edited by radoslawmetodiew, 28 December 2018 - 06:48 PM.

Tijgerhaai_XIV #9 Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10610 battles
  • [ALBA]
Two accounts, one registered in your local region buys gift vouchers for one registered in region where coins are available. Fuller explanation available is you search Stubbo's links.

Replicant_2 #10 Posted 28 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4232 battles
  • [HRG]
Does anyone know if it’s possible to send coins between UK and DE? Coin prices are quite volatile, I got the 2500 pack for £20.70 few days ago, today it’s £22.50, however the same pack on the German site costs an equivalent of just over £19.
In a way it’s easier to wait for prices to go down again Rather than faff around with multiple accounts.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

mehaar #11 Posted 29 December 2018 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26374 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi Stubbo.  Am I being stupid, but as I read it, I cannot get this discount because I play on an iPad, is that right? 

I dont have an Android device, just a PC.  :/

{heroic image of tank obscured by impressive numbers}

mehaar #12 Posted 29 December 2018 - 05:52 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26374 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi Stubbo, Bartacus,

I had to install an App Manager app to enable me to allow 'untrusted sources'. After that, the 'loop' that Bartacus reported wasn't a loop but a proper download screen for Amazon App Store.

PRICES ARE LOW!

Looks like I will be shopping in Bluestacks with ~ 30% discounts! :)

Thank You!

{heroic image of tank obscured by impressive numbers}

szkaraj #13 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38259 battles
  • [AFK]
Hy all,
My question is this discounts stands for all european country? I read Mikke said in Denmark not much savings. In Hungary i even find it more expensive than google store. Any experience about it?

The easy day was yesterday.

Chairman_merpug #14 Posted 29 December 2018 - 10:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42550 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postszkaraj, on 29 December 2018 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hy all,
My question is this discounts stands for all european country? I read Mikke said in Denmark not much savings. In Hungary i even find it more expensive than google store. Any experience about it?

American bias. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #15 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25336 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Hy all,

Read the posts from Jukkis74 or Tijgerhaii_XIV, you need to create 2 UK (or DE or US) Amazon accounts to use Amazon coins, one buys amazon gift cards then gifts them to second one and sexond uses them to buy coins, it’s all explained in jukkis74 post....

Jukkis74 #16 Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 31467 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postszkaraj, on 30 December 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Hy all,

It takes a bit more effort - the Amazon account with which you install Blitz (and buy stuff) needs to be e.g. native UK one with UK address (or GE/GE or US/US). You can transfer egift cards to that account from (e.g.) UK account with your local address (same Amazon locale in both). Try to check old forum posts around this. Also jylpah got it working.

And yes, with ’standard’ Amazon pricing many regions are as expensive as Apple/Google. 

ballist1x #17 Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:07 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18284 battles
  • [VIBE5]

I did this to be the epic and gold Xmas gold crates.

In the end it cost me £21 for 28,500 gold.

i bought 2500 amazon coins and still have 100 spare.

Bartacus #18 Posted 02 January 2019 - 05:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32147 battles
  • [DADS]

View Postmehaar, on 29 December 2018 - 05:52 PM, said:

Hi Stubbo, Bartacus,

I had to install an App Manager app to enable me to allow 'untrusted sources'. After that, the 'loop' that Bartacus reported wasn't a loop but a proper download screen for Amazon App Store.

PRICES ARE LOW!

Looks like I will be shopping in Bluestacks with ~ 30% discounts! :)

Thank You!

Thanks for this Mehaar, I’ve got of a kindle but eill try this as wiuld prefer to sort it on my PC.

thanks again

Chairman_merpug #19 Posted 02 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42550 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostBartacus, on 02 January 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

Thanks for this Mehaar, I’ve got of a kindle but eill try this as wiuld prefer to sort it on my PC.

thanks again

Do your buying on the Kindle using your normal account, things you buy will appear in the account on your PC. Don't worry about playing on the Kindle, you don't have to. 

Also  be aware that Amazon take longer than Google, Apple or Microsoft to make the updates available, which is another reason to use a different device for buying coins.

Edit: I missed the word "Kindle"  was thinking Fire. Dumb. Doubt very much you can install anything on a Kindle. If you spend a few quid a year, though, a cheap secondhand Fire tablet, of any size, might well represent a saving on your in game spend. Note that this won't only apply to Blitz, but to any game. 

Edited by Chairman_merpug, 03 January 2019 - 12:04 AM.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

stubbo66 #20 Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67470 battles
  • [49DIV]

View Postmehaar, on 29 December 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

Hi Stubbo.  Am I being stupid, but as I read it, I cannot get this discount because I play on an iPad, is that right? 

I dont have an Android device, just a PC.  :/

It doesn't matter where you play, as long as you can use an Android device (or emulator) to install the Amazon App store and a copy of Blitz from Amazon to do the buying on.

Hy all,

Spain, France and Germany as well as the UK have dedicated App stores and pricing. If you don't live in one of those then you need to follow the tricks on how to set up a second Amazon account with an address in one of those countries and then you can buy the coins through that instead.

View PostChairman_merpug, on 02 January 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

Do your buying on the Kindle using your normal account, things you buy will appear in the account on your PC. Don't worry about playing on the Kindle, you don't have to. 

Also  be aware that Amazon take longer than Google, Apple or Microsoft to make the updates available, which is another reason to use a different device for buying coins. 

Yeah, forget playing on a fire tablet as well....deadly slow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users