Jump to content


Blitz Economics - 35% Savings Part 3 - Amazon Coins


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

stubbo66 #1 Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I expect this to be the last part to go into detail on how you can save 35% on all in-game purchases in Blitz, the previous two articles are...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49831-blitz-economics-save-roughly-35-on-every-in-game-purchase-not-a-scam/

and

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49847-blitz-economics-35-savings-part-2-amazon-app-store-for-all-even-pc-except-apple/

 

The basic Blitz installed from the Amazon App store will save around 20%-25% on all in-game purchases, but it's the Amazon coins that really boost your savings by pre-paying for the in-game content with discounts of up to 22%

 

Now, I will start by saying that the pricing of coins appears to fluctuate, so it's worth checking them regularly to get the best deals, and it varies from currency to currency. The following table shows you the current situation on the 4th August 2018.

 

  UK Pounds Euros (de) US Dollars Aus Dollars Euros (fr)
300 £2.67 (11%) €2.97 (1%) $2.94 (2%) $2.97 (1%) €2.97 (1%)
500 £4.40 (12%) €4.90 (2%) $4.85 (3%) $4.90 (2%) €4.60 (8%)
1000 £8.70 (13%) €9.70 (3%) $9.60 (4%) $8.40 (16%) €9.10 (9%)
2500 £21.50 (14%) €22.50 (10%) $22.50 (10%) $20.75 (17%) €22.50 (10%)
5000 £42.50 (15%) €41.00 (18%) $41.50 (17%) $41.00 (18%) €44.50 (11%)
10000 £84.00 (16%) €81.00 (19%) $82.00 (18%) $80.00 (20%) €88.00 (12%)
50000 £390.00 (22%) €400.00 (20%) $390.00 (22%) $390.00 (22%) €390.00 (22%)

 

So as you can see the currency fluctuates a lot across regions. And in the three days I have been monitoring this the 10,000 bundle in the UK went from £80.00, to £82.00 and now £84.00. So it's best to keep track of the pricing in your region and if you know you want the coins, buy at their lowest price.

 

I've highlighted the highest value options, but they obviously all have discounts and it's up to you to decide how many you want and if that is worth spending on.

 

The 50,000 bundle offers the best value, but that is a lot to ask to spend in one lump, even for a wallet warrior like myself.

 

Of course, once they are purchased they will retain their value, so you don't have to worry if they put up the cost, you've already paid for them.

 

I did have one glitch with Amazon. I bought the 10,000 bundle, then the next day they sent me an email saying they though there was fraudulent activity on my account and rewound the order, refunded the payment and reset my password. It was a minor inconvenience, I guess as this was the first time I'd really used the coins it may have looked suspicious to them.

 

Not all territories seem to have the coins in the Amazon store yet. Amazon states they are only available in US, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, France, Italy and Spain. Which is a kick in the nuts for anyone outside those territories, but at least you can get the app store savings of 20-25% and that's no small thing.

 

So what are you waiting for, all those expensive tier 10 attachments are just begging to be snapped up now (lol...as if), but at least you are ready and armed when the next lot of offers come around.

 



Psychovadge #2 Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35246 battles
  • 829
  • [VG]
  • Member since:
    06-21-2014
Superb work mate. My only small complaint is.....why the hell didn’t you discover this before I spent a fortune on this damn game? :D

VarpusenI #3 Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:08 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18650 battles
  • 523
  • [C-F]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016

Price tracker for 500 - 10k coin bundles, click 'show options' to change bundle size. To change country/currency click the flag, select one and search 'Amazon coins'.

 

https://uk.camelcame...ve=price_amazon


Edited by VarpusenI, 04 August 2018 - 01:14 PM.


stubbo66 #4 Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostPsychovadge, on 04 August 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

Superb work mate. My only small complaint is.....why the hell didn’t you discover this before I spent a fortune on this damn game? :D

 

​You and me both :coin:

stubbo66 #5 Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:25 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostVarpusenI, on 04 August 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Price tracker for 500 - 10k coin bundles, click 'show options' to change bundle size. To change country/currency click the flag, select one and search 'Amazon coins'.

 

https://uk.camelcame...ve=price_amazon

 

Perfect, I was looking for others, but that site seems to be the only one.

Kimb0_66 #6 Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:17 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20967 battles
  • 12
  • [ALBAC]
  • Member since:
    05-13-2017
Great investigation , I wish I would have known this before giving WG so much of my money. Hats off to you mate.

DumbApe #7 Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:52 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16732 battles
  • 425
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017

Just gutted there isn’t a work around for IOS or steam


Old dog with new tricks ...  and a few tanks. Still mostly sh*te at this game

Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

stubbo66 #8 Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostDumbApe, on 04 August 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Just gutted there isn’t a work around for IOS or steam

 

But there is, just use the bluestacks emulator on the PC, see my previous article, then use that to do the buying on your account. I play on iOS exclusively, but will do all my purchasing through Amazon and their App Store and coins. Just log in on the same account you use on iOS and it’s as easy as that. Savings for all.



ponedelj #9 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13309 battles
  • 475
  • [LV-S]
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013
... I think when i will have more ore less normal internet i will try it. Also i think/hope it will work on some other games..

Mjr_Eazy #10 Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19126 battles
  • 3,373
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View Poststubbo66, on 04 August 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Not all territories seem to have the coins in the Amazon store yet. Amazon states they are only available in US, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, France, Italy and Spain. Which is a kick in the nuts for anyone outside those territories, but at least you can get the app store savings of 20-25% and that's no small thing

 

I don’t know if there’s a restriction on the card address but if not then using a vpn from a UK server should work...


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


stubbo66 #11 Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:22 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Just to give you a sense of the pricing fluctuations on Amazon Coins, the last 4 days the price for 10,000 coins (£100 value) in the UK has been....

 

£80 (20% saving)

£82 (18% saving)

£84 (16% saving)

£79 (21% saving)

 

So well worth keeping an eye on the pricing over a period before buying to get the best deal.



VarpusenI #12 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:36 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18650 battles
  • 523
  • [C-F]
  • Member since:
    08-21-2016
Would it be worth to collect all information to one thread, then get it pinned somehow and repeat same at other forums, so that information reaches random forum visitors too. I could imagine that information presented would encourage players to spend more, which I suppose is also in WGs interest. Unless they are thinking this is a exploit of some kind or there is some negative consequences e.g. game visibility in Android/iOS/Steam/W10 stores will be reduced if revenues to store owners are diminishing?

MikkelTJ #13 Posted 05 August 2018 - 09:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36042 battles
  • 295
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    06-20-2014

I tried doing this, but I get nowhere near the savings Stubbo reported. Rates may be different in my country, and I cannot find a way to buy the Amazon coins. I installed blitz with the amazon app store.

 

In game prices are now listed in US$. I considered buying the 8500 gold bundle, which is listed at 28,74$, which equals 184,71 DKK or 24,78 €. I bought the same bundle in mid July, where I paid 195 DKK for it (26,17 € )..

 

So I save around 5% by buying via amazon instead of google.


Edited by MikkelTJ, 05 August 2018 - 09:20 PM.

Yay! HESH is back.:justwait:


Mjr_Eazy #14 Posted 05 August 2018 - 10:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19126 battles
  • 3,373
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostMikkelTJ, on 05 August 2018 - 09:19 PM, said:

I tried doing this, but I get nowhere near the savings Stubbo reported. Rates may be different in my country, and I cannot find a way to buy the Amazon coins. I installed blitz with the amazon app store.

 

In game prices are now listed in US$. I considered buying the 8500 gold bundle, which is listed at 28,74$, which equals 184,71 DKK or 24,78 €. I bought the same bundle in mid July, where I paid 195 DKK for it (26,17 € )..

 

So I save around 5% by buying via amazon instead of google.

Stubbo did comment on this - “Not all territories seem to have the coins in the Amazon store yet. Amazon states they are only available in US, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, France, Italy and Spain

Dunno if using a vpn you can buy them from UK store but I doubt it as expect card billing address would have to be UK?  Dunno if you”

could use paypal though with vpn to use UK amazon?  Although that’s starting to sound like Amazon EULA breaking.  


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


MarsIsBrightTonight #15 Posted 06 August 2018 - 02:28 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21450 battles
  • 499
  • [OBB]
  • Member since:
    11-03-2016

View PostKimb0_66, on 04 August 2018 - 02:17 PM, said:

Great investigation , I wish I would have known this before giving WG Apple/Google so much of my money. Hats off to you mate.

 

Fixed.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)


The_Mighty_Wombat #16 Posted 07 August 2018 - 10:44 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 34257 battles
  • 1,972
  • [-GNA-]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2014

Got a nice pile of gold to sit on for a while,

Cheers Stubbo



stubbo66 #17 Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:25 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Just a follow up note in case anyone has any problems with purchasing the coins on Amazon. They have a "Bug" in their system that can sometims put your account on "hold" when you try and buy coins. It only seems to affect the coins, but once it has been triggered you can't buy any more coins at all.

 

To fix it, you have to remove your payment card from the account (the one associated wo the 1-click settings for digital content), re-add it...then wait at least 24 hours before making another purchase.

 

I''ve been having this problem myself, and it's been extremely tortuous getting a resolution from them, but this appears to be the way you resovle the issue.

 

My advice, buy coins in advance and sit on them....it's not ideal doing it that way, but then at least you know they are there ready for when you want to use them.



stubbo66 #18 Posted 08 August 2018 - 10:26 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostVarpusenI, on 05 August 2018 - 04:36 PM, said:

Would it be worth to collect all information to one thread, then get it pinned somehow and repeat same at other forums, so that information reaches random forum visitors too. I could imagine that information presented would encourage players to spend more, which I suppose is also in WGs interest. Unless they are thinking this is a exploit of some kind or there is some negative consequences e.g. game visibility in Android/iOS/Steam/W10 stores will be reduced if revenues to store owners are diminishing?

 

I have something in the works that will achieve that....and a lot more!!! stay tuned!

Mjr_Eazy #19 Posted 08 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19126 battles
  • 3,373
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

Cool, it dipped to £79 quid so I bought a stash ;). Back at £82 now.

 

BTW if you use smile.amazon.co.uk they donate 0.5% to a charity of your choice, so not only am I saving money I’m being virtuous at the same time!  It’s normal Amazon just gives to charity...


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


stubbo66 #20 Posted 09 August 2018 - 01:39 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 60071 battles
  • 1,014
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 08 August 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Cool, it dipped to £79 quid so I bought a stash ;). Back at £82 now.

 

BTW if you use smile.amazon.co.uk they donate 0.5% to a charity of your choice, so not only am I saving money I’m being virtuous at the same time!  It’s normal Amazon just gives to charity...

 

Very true....yeah, it's a bit pot luck with Amazon, it's fluctuated between £79 and £84 for £100 worth of coins this last week...Just a case of knowing what to look for an when to pull the trigger.

 

What would be helpfull is a site that you can register your interest in Amazon coins on, and set the price you want to pay and it notifies you when it reaches that price point....hmmmm let me dwell on that a little....!!!






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users