Jump to content


Blitz Economics - 35% Savings Part 4 - Amazon App store for Apple macOS


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #1 Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21193 battles
  • 3,906
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

Apologies in advance Stubbo for stealing your title...

Following on from Stubbo's gr8 articles you can also get the savings on Apple macOS, it doesn't look like it's possible on iOS without a jailbreak...

Here's what I did...

1. Created a new user on my iMac with admin priveleges and didn't link it to my apple id so no Apple App Store

2. Signed in to that account and followed the instructions from below to install bluestacks, it's from the bluestacks support page, I did a tiny url version as sometimes longer links don't work here...

https://support.blue...acks-on-Mac-OS-

https://tinyurl.com/y9srk36e

3. Once installed, I signed in to my google play account, downloaded and installed Google Chrome

4. Then from Chrome I searched for Amazon App Store for Android

5. Installed the Amazon App Store for Android

6. From the Amazon app store I installed WOT Blitz, logged in as normal to Blitz and bosh!  Savings galore, eg top gold bundle £67.41, £29.96 for the T-34-3, I've ordered some Amazon coins to reduce that further!  Edit:  Coins came through and they would be 6741 and 2996 coins respectively, mahoosive savings over Apple prices!

 

It's surreal to see an android app & store on my mac, and to get the new on demand loader of the game, but worked a treat (had a couple of glitches, 1st attempt to purchase said I needed to update Amazon App Store, just closed everything and re-opend and all hunky dory.  I've no intention of actually playing it from that setup, an emulated tablet, no thanks.

 

Thanks again Stubbo66 u r a legend!

 


Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 04 August 2018 - 08:29 PM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


TangoAlpha1 #2 Posted 04 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 56769 battles
  • 906
  • [TENC]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

Great work fella!

 

 



stubbo66 #3 Posted 05 August 2018 - 12:09 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 61040 battles
  • 1,109
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

I only have my mac mini and use that for work, so wasn't going to muck around on there, but good job getting bluestacks working. As long as that runs on any OS, then getting the Amazon app store is a doddle and everyone saves (except apple, but who cares about them anyway, they earn enough already).

 

I'll forgive the transgression as it was on topic :medal:



kaptain_kookaburra #4 Posted 05 August 2018 - 04:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 32303 battles
  • 90
  • [-FLY]
  • Member since:
    02-24-2016

Is there a way that I can get this to work on my iPad? Can someone show me the detailed steps since I don't think I can make another account on my iPad.

 

thanks!



 


Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:47 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21193 battles
  • 3,906
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

It won’t work on iOS devices - iPad or iPhone - as far as i can tell...

if it’s jailbroken you could do it but I’m not au fait with this so no idea if it’s possible to jail-break iOS these days...

I know you can jail-break Apple TV so someone might be able to get it working there but you couldnt do that with bluestacks maybe there’s another Android emulator but I would doubt it as that’s a helluva niche set of people - ones who want to run Android on Apple TV...

In theory you could do it on Linux as there are Android emulators for Linux but someone with a linux box would have to explain that one ;)

 

You need an Android device, pc or Mac with macOS - iMac, MacBook, mini etc.

 

I guess You could buy a cheap 2nd hand Android phone just to use for purchases


Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 05 August 2018 - 06:52 PM.

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 05 August 2018 - 11:17 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36821 battles
  • 8,134
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 05 August 2018 - 06:47 PM, said:

It won’t work on iOS devices - iPad or iPhone - as far as i can tell...

if it’s jailbroken you could do it but I’m not au fait with this so no idea if it’s possible to jail-break iOS these days...

I know you can jail-break Apple TV so someone might be able to get it working there but you couldnt do that with bluestacks maybe there’s another Android emulator but I would doubt it as that’s a helluva niche set of people - ones who want to run Android on Apple TV...

In theory you could do it on Linux as there are Android emulators for Linux but someone with a linux box would have to explain that one ;)

 

You need an Android device, pc or Mac with macOS - iMac, MacBook, mini etc.

 

I guess You could buy a cheap 2nd hand Android phone just to use for purchases

Or buy a Fire device. The base model is £50 new, so secondhand ones will be around £35 for that model. 


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


DumbApe #7 Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:46 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18233 battles
  • 571
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017

Well I can also confirm that this works for Apple systems, BUT I had to do it on an old system that is running OS X Sierra.  On High Sierra all the major Android emulators failed to run properly even after granting extra privileges to run.

 

In the end I gave up installing on High Sierra and stuck Bluestacks on an old Macbook Air ... It is painfully slow you could never play on it, but just for processing the transaction it works.


Old dog with new tricks ...  and a few tanks. Still mostly sh*te at this game

Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Chairman_merpug #8 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36821 battles
  • 8,134
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostDumbApe, on 06 August 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Well I can also confirm that this works for Apple systems, BUT I had to do it on an old system that is running OS X Sierra.  On High Sierra all the major Android emulators failed to run properly even after granting extra privileges to run.

 

In the end I gave up installing on High Sierra and stuck Bluestacks on an old Macbook Air ... It is painfully slow you could never play on it, but just for processing the transaction it works.

There's a "feature" in High Sierra that prevents mouse clicks on the enhanced permissions button. You can make it work by turning on the keyboard  controls. Dumb.


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


DumbApe #9 Posted 06 August 2018 - 09:47 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18233 battles
  • 571
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017

View PostChairman_merpug, on 06 August 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

There's a "feature" in High Sierra that prevents mouse clicks on the enhanced permissions button. You can make it work by turning on the keyboard  controls. Dumb.

 

I could click the ‘allow’ button okay, but BlueStacks just kept crashing out.

 

I checked a few of the tech forums and it seems plenty of others have the same problem.


Old dog with new tricks ...  and a few tanks. Still mostly sh*te at this game

Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Mjr_Eazy #10 Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:54 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21193 battles
  • 3,906
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostDumbApe, on 06 August 2018 - 09:47 PM, said:

 

I could click the ‘allow’ button okay, but BlueStacks just kept crashing out.

 

I checked a few of the tech forums and it seems plenty of others have the same problem.

I had to do a re-start after clicking allow to get it to work, apologies forgot about that, should have included it in the notes...

I’m on the latest macOS with all updates applied on a new iMac (less than 6 months old) dunno if that makes any difference...

At least it’s working for you somewhere :)


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


bunnybun123 #11 Posted 24 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12465 battles
  • 698
  • [FTC-1]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2016

I have been trying this now but it does not work. I have been able to install Bluestacks and log in with my google account, but I can't find the Amazon App Store in the Google play store... Only 1000 other apps from Amazon which is too bad...

 

Trying this on my Macbook Pro, btw.



neotux1 #12 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17328 battles
  • 604
  • [DFDKS]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

3. Once installed, I signed in to my google play account, downloaded and installed Google Chrome

4. Then from Chrome I searched for Amazon App Store for Android

5. Installed the Amazon App Store for Android

6. From the Amazon app store I installed WOT Blitz, logged in as normal to Blitz and bosh! 

 

next time, please read correct.


Edited by neotux1, 24 August 2018 - 07:32 PM.


Mjr_Eazy #13 Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:57 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21193 battles
  • 3,906
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 04 August 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

Apologies in advance Stubbo for stealing your title...

Following on from Stubbo's gr8 articles you can also get the savings on Apple macOS, it doesn't look like it's possible on iOS without a jailbreak...

Here's what I did...

1. Created a new user on my iMac with admin priveleges and didn't link it to my apple id so no Apple App Store

2. Signed in to that account and followed the instructions from below to install bluestacks, it's from the bluestacks support page, I did a tiny url version as sometimes longer links don't work here...

https://support.blue...acks-on-Mac-OS-

https://tinyurl.com/y9srk36e

3. Once installed, I signed in to my google play account, downloaded and installed Google Chrome

4. Then from Chrome I searched for Amazon App Store for Android

5. Installed the Amazon App Store for Android

6. From the Amazon app store I installed WOT Blitz, logged in as normal to Blitz and bosh!  Savings galore, eg top gold bundle £67.41, £29.96 for the T-34-3, I've ordered some Amazon coins to reduce that further!  Edit:  Coins came through and they would be 6741 and 2996 coins respectively, mahoosive savings over Apple prices!

 

It's surreal to see an android app & store on my mac, and to get the new on demand loader of the game, but worked a treat (had a couple of glitches, 1st attempt to purchase said I needed to update Amazon App Store, just closed everything and re-opend and all hunky dory.  I've no intention of actually playing it from that setup, an emulated tablet, no thanks.

 

Thanks again Stubbo66 u r a legend!

 

 

I’m bumping this for anyone new to the forum...

The other brilliant articles on it with the info on savings and how to install on Android and PC are here...

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49831-blitz-economics-save-roughly-35-on-every-in-game-purchase-not-a-scam/

and

http://forum.wotblit...savings-part-2-amazon-app-store-for-all-even-pc-except-apple/

and

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/49850-blitz-economics-35-savings-part-3-amazon-coins/


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


bunnybun123 #14 Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12465 battles
  • 698
  • [FTC-1]
  • Member since:
    08-20-2016

So another try: 

 

I installed Bluestacks, installed google chrome, searched for the amazon store, installed the amazon store, logged in and than it doesn't work; i get this screen:

 

Posted Image

 

 


Edited by bunnybun123, 01 October 2018 - 09:34 AM.


DumbApe #15 Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18233 battles
  • 571
  • [HRG]
  • Member since:
    08-10-2017
I found Bluestacks to be extremely slow so went with an alternative Android emulator.  There are a few out there.  If I were you I would delete the Amazon appstore app and then reinstall. I also have problems with these emulators on my latest OSX versions and had to go back a few versions (I think it was sierra) to get it to work. However, I can confirm that by jiggling the gubbins and tweaking the knobs it will work... even though it might be a bit frustrating at times.   

Old dog with new tricks ...  and a few tanks. Still mostly sh*te at this game

Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Jukkis74 #16 Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:29 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28675 battles
  • 600
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

With MacOS Mojave Bluestacks crashes for me at start. I was able to get another emulator (Nox? not sure of name) working, but with my region (Finland) and Amazon app store (US) settings it is essentially same price (maybe 5% less) as Apple App Store.

 

So results will vary significantly depending which Amazon app store you are able to access.



Mjr_Eazy #17 Posted 23 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21193 battles
  • 3,906
  • [BT_SV]
  • Member since:
    04-26-2017

View PostJukkis74, on 02 October 2018 - 04:29 AM, said:

With MacOS Mojave Bluestacks crashes for me at start. I was able to get another emulator (Nox? not sure of name) working, but with my region (Finland) and Amazon app store (US) settings it is essentially same price (maybe 5% less) as Apple App Store.

 

So results will vary significantly depending which Amazon app store you are able to access.

 

Hy, I had this too, I just upgraded to Mojave and went to use my Amazon store, blustacks doesn't start, just exits....

So I re-installed latest bluestacks v2.01 from their site and it all works fine now!


He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy


Jukkis74 #18 Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:24 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28675 battles
  • 600
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014
Update here as well: it is possible to get Amazon UK coins to work without UK payment option, by egift card from another UK account with non-UK payment option. A bit hassle but works.

stubbo66 #19 Posted 27 November 2018 - 11:33 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 61040 battles
  • 1,109
  • [49DIV]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

View PostJukkis74, on 23 November 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Update here as well: it is possible to get Amazon UK coins to work without UK payment option, by egift card from another UK account with non-UK payment option. A bit hassle but works.

 

Thanks Jukkis74, can you write up the process you went through please for others to follow.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users