Shooting Delay

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Cst_69 #1 Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3942 battles
  • [AFK]
So, for me, it sometimes happens to 1v1 someone, i am low health, we both reload at the same time and we shoot, i can hear my cannon, but i find myself like 0,3 seconds later dead, and the other tank i was versing walks away unharmed by the shell i just ,,shot'', anyone ever had this thing to happen?

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 09 August 2018 - 10:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Yes I have, I have noticed a number of times recently on me mac that I'm fully aimed & reloaded and click but nowt happens and I have to click a few times, I have always put it down to lag at my end as my network is battered by the missus and kids streaming high quality entertainment like Love Island, Say Yes to the dress, Eastenders, Poldark, <<insert other gash tele programme here>> :teethhappy:

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Chairman_merpug #3 Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34259 battles
  • [AFK]
I've had the game stop dead a few times today. Not like normal lag, where the tank keeps going into rocks or whatever, but I just suddenly can't do anything. Weird. Will post this on wotbstars forum, too, as devs look at that.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it.

Be nice to me..

http://www.blitzstar...r/eu/mrpgilbert

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:12 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33803 battles
  • [-GNA-]

I have had this happen a fair amount too and swear alot due to it.

Its due to the game being server based.

You make an input and it goes to the server, the server calculates it then send out the results.

So when you have lag you do crazy things and drive uncontrollably.

So it depends whos info gets processed first by the server.

Small possibility that the server double checks the result when determining the kill when so close and makes a delay.

Player_4847592806 #5 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3579 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 10 August 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

You make an input and it goes to the server, the server calculates it then send out the results.

Small possibility that the server double checks the result when determining the kill when so close and makes a delay.

First kids shouldn't swear and second you don't have to have a delay when shooting. The shot goes off but what it hits is another thing. One explanation is that there is a delay to check the reload time with the server. The client shows a constant progress bar but it also needs to be aligned with the server otherwise there's a possibility for cheating. Normally they could show the server progress bar but it would be probably jerky. 

ponedelj #6 Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13290 battles
  • [LV-S]
... Honestly fm time to time i have same issue when ping is good. Also the feeling is like some player have some lag cheat. U know he aims at u and u start to lag even when behind buildings..  he aims at somebody else and it disappears.
Happens at begging of game. Happens in mid game i shoot one tank some other tank aims at me and i start to lag... Not much but the gun shoot with some lag and cobtrols get kind of slugish.  of course after that i get hit... And ping is ok, FPS 60.. so explain... Its not like u have lag or somebody else its like some players have some cheat... i dont have any other explanation...

The_Mighty_Wombat #7 Posted 10 August 2018 - 08:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33803 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostPlayer_4847592806, on 10 August 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

First kids shouldn't swear and second you don't have to have a delay when shooting. The shot goes off but what it hits is another thing. One explanation is that there is a delay to check the reload time with the server. The client shows a constant progress bar but it also needs to be aligned with the server otherwise there's a possibility for cheating. Normally they could show the server progress bar but it would be probably jerky. 

I drive to the shops to buy beers too. Weak insults are funny, we all know your jealous of the kid with a beard.

Wotb is server based and you can see lag. Lag induced is bad for you as you lost control of the game during this time. Then the game jumps to catch up.

WowsB is client based and you can cheat by inducing lag. You game runs smoothly but everyone will see your ship teleport when the game reconnects.

Wotb system is far better.

Player_4847592806 #8 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3579 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 10 August 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

I drive to the shops to buy beers too. Weak insults are funny, we all know your jealous of the kid with a beard.

Wotb is server based and you can see lag. Lag induced is bad for you as you lost control of the game during this time. Then the game jumps to catch up.

WowsB is client based and you can cheat by inducing lag. You game runs smoothly but everyone will see your ship teleport when the game reconnects.

Wotb system is far better.

So I asked around and you're the ex phnx I've suspected all along. Having a beard though doesn't make you smart. People with beards blow themselves and others up so they're not really smart.

So basically you are saying that some moved to ships cause they can cheat. Cause I don't see any other benefit there... and there's a phnx clan too. What a coincidence...

llo1 #9 Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24450 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postponedelj, on 10 August 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

... Honestly fm time to time i have same issue when ping is good. Also the feeling is like some player have some lag cheat. U know he aims at u and u start to lag even when behind buildings.. he aims at somebody else and it disappears.
Happens at begging of game. Happens in mid game i shoot one tank some other tank aims at me and i start to lag... Not much but the gun shoot with some lag and cobtrols get kind of slugish. of course after that i get hit... And ping is ok, FPS 60.. so explain... Its not like u have lag or somebody else its like some players have some cheat... i dont have any other explanation...

I regularly find that I shoot and am destroyed, thinking that I am the first one to fire. I always put it down to WG server lag - lost packets!

However, similar to your comment above about the sluggish controls, I find that when I am in battle, and even if I have had zero problems within that battle, once I am "spotted" by any red (even when the lightbulb comes on) my tank will stop moving.

And it is not simply stopping.....it stops dead, including any of the fast tanks I drive!

I am then shot to hell by tanks I can see, tnaks I cannot see, and am certain as well by tanks on the next Flucking map!

This is so frustrating!

Also find that even when hiding in a bush, with cammo, not moving, I am spotted by any red within 500m - or it seems like it.

I can also be spotted by reds whenever I am behind a mountain, and all the reds are across the other side of the map according to the minimap! Supposedly well beyond even the longest spotting distance in blitz!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

petes85 #10 Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:10 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 40227 battles
  • [KORPI]
Tournament matches mostly happened, i use iPad. Regular encouter and supremacy have not experienced this issues

Chairman_merpug #11 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34259 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 10 August 2018 - 05:12 AM, said:

I know what lag does, this is different.

Be nice to me..

The_Mighty_Wombat #12 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33803 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostPlayer_4847592806, on 10 August 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

So I asked around and you're the ex phnx I've suspected all along. Having a beard though doesn't make you smart. People with beards blow themselves and others up so they're not really smart.

So basically you are saying that some moved to ships cause they can cheat. Cause I don't see any other benefit there... and there's a phnx clan too. What a coincidence...

I bought some glasses too. Am I smart now?

The_Mighty_Wombat #13 Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 33803 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 10 August 2018 - 01:10 PM, said:

I know what lag does, this is different.

Does it show when you watch the replay?

I know I have hit the fire button but must be too late as it just shows me dead without firing.

I will see if I can get any info on it.

Player_4847592806 #14 Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3579 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 10 August 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

I bought some glasses too. Am I smart now?

Probably you think that like all PHNX do. You have good stats in game so why would you think differently? 

Chairman_merpug #15 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34259 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 10 August 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

Does it show when you watch the replay?

I know I have hit the fire button but must be too late as it just shows me dead without firing.

I will see if I can get any info on it.

Really ought to check, but cba. If it was lag, the client would still make pretty pictures for me. It's more like the app stops.

Be nice to me..

Chairman_merpug #16 Posted 11 August 2018 - 12:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34259 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPlayer_4847592806, on 10 August 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

Probably you think that like all PHNX do. You have good stats in game so why would you think differently? 

Wibble.

Be nice to me..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users