Update 5.2

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

herojure24 #61 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4499 battles
  • [FUNEU]
Great but could you possibly add another country or another tank line instead of this kind of crap every update? The only thing you change in the updates is the way the game looks. And could you maybe buff(un nerf) some premiums like su-76i or bt7-art(their reload is 3 times as compared to pc) and maybe let us use provisions and all 3 slots gor consumables on lower tiered tanks (at least premiums) as I have like 6 russian low tiered premiums and I am sad that i cannot use provisions and other consumanles apart from the combined repair/heal/extenguisher and the engine boost.

Chairman_merpug #62 Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35239 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postherojure24, on 26 August 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

Great but could you possibly add another country or another tank line instead of this kind of crap every update? The only thing you change in the updates is the way the game looks. And could you maybe buff(un nerf) some premiums like su-76i or bt7-art(their reload is 3 times as compared to pc) and maybe let us use provisions and all 3 slots gor consumables on lower tiered tanks (at least premiums) as I have like 6 russian low tiered premiums and I am sad that i cannot use provisions and other consumanles apart from the combined repair/heal/extenguisher and the engine boost.

Yeah, trying to ace the SU76i just now and engine boost is substantially less helpful than adrenaline would be. Plus, nobody uses engine boost down there anyway.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

tucnak61 #63 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:06 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18957 battles
  • [T1CZ]
Upon updating, the game has unreal bugs, it drops, and after each logout, it wants a new install. What is the problem?

dts0da #64 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10196 battles
  • [XYJIU]
Anyone noticed a MASSIVE reduction in in-Game credits. Had 9 hours Premium and barely gained 100,000 on Sunday - struggling to keep any and play at the moment. Something has changed.

RibbleStripe #65 Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 292 battles
  • [WG]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 21 August 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

Sure. Before 5.1 every game would be completely different. Sometimes you'd have 5 Mediums on one team and almost only Heavies on the reds. Then the next game it would be the other way round. Most games would be fairly balanced but games like I described were the ones that made the same maps being used completely different every single time. The variety in MM was one of the key factors why this game kept being interesting. Plus, before 5.1 you would count the Meds, Heavies and TDs on your and the red team in the starting screen, anticipate the ways each team was going to take and adapt your game plan accordingly. You had to think before you would start driving.

Now you don't even have to look at the starting screen. You know that on your flank there will be a similar number of reds in similar tanks coming your way. If you were in a Light and the enemy had a clearly inferior number of fast tanks you could make some early bold moves. Now you can't because the enemy will always also have some fast tanks to counter you. If your team had lots of TDs you could suggest to your team to be extremely defensive. Now there is no sense doing that because the reds will also not attack as they have many TDs as well. Different lineups made for different games, it's what you needed creativity for. If you reduce the variety in lineups you automatically reduce the variety in games. The new system might be more relaxed for casual players but it's much less challenging for experienced ones.

Ah if you are here already: Please suggest Mines being limited to Tiers 1-6. It's such a desaster in higher tiers.

Thanks for explaining.

You see lots of players completely didn't like battles you call fairly balanced. They didn't think it's fine and fun when 5 heavies fight 5 middles. This is why we adjusted MM to make it create more equal setups.

However i agree with you - there is always tactical approach to win the battle even if setups doesn't seem fair. Don't you think it's possible with current MM? For example to go in opposite flank?

Speaking of Mines, our stats don't show any signs that this map is bad for high tiers.

superschnitzelkoenig #66 Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43514 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 29 August 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Thanks for explaining.

You see lots of players completely didn't like battles you call fairly balanced. They didn't think it's fine and fun when 5 heavies fight 5 middles. This is why we adjusted MM to make it create more equal setups.

However i agree with you - there is always tactical approach to win the battle even if setups doesn't seem fair. Don't you think it's possible with current MM? For example to go in opposite flank?

Speaking of Mines, our stats don't show any signs that this map is bad for high tiers.

Thanks your your response. Of course there is still a tactical approach to the battle but it is less varied. The best way is to enforce one of the flanks so your team gets a majority there, ie going on the Medium-Flank with a fast Heavy or vice versa, like you mentioned. It works but it's not very interesting when you do it every time. I think the moaning about "unbalanced" MM is simply players looking for excuses why they lost. I really doubt that the complaining will stop with the changes. Next time they will complain that they had Tiger IIs and Caernarvons as Heavies while the reds had IS-3s and IS-6s. Will you change that too, then? I think keeping MM as random as possible is the fairest and most entertaining way to go for the game. I do like the changes you did in terms of platoons/failtoons but I think the new changes go too far. Maybe +/-1 in terms of tank classes is too much, maybe +/-2 would ensure there are no "completely" unbalanced games but still more variety? Will be interesting to see what your stats say about the changes in how the maps are played since 5.1.

Mines is hated with most players I know on hightiers, as it is still about one area and about what team is going to do the mistake and push into the sights of the enemy TDs. The Lighthouse area is useless in Hightier because you get spotted with the high viewranges so it becomes very bland. I would love to see a reworked mines where you have a "cave/mine" below the central hill like you have on the new (brilliant) map Faust. 

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

MikkelTJ #67 Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 35603 battles
  • [AFK]

View Poststevo1100r, on 25 August 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

Only thing good about the ribbons is if you’re guessing where a player is hiding(or where he is out of sight)where you shoot & if you don’t hit anything..no ribbon,if you hit them hey presto confirmation ribbon...;)

This ^^^

The ribbons work as a blind shot indicator. Surely this is an error and will be fixed?

Yay! HESH is back.:justwait:

Zawisiak #68 Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10107 battles
  • [LPZW]
Change T-34-85 Rudy's flag, it was polish tank, it's like Kuro Mori Mine had german flag now
And after finishing chinese tech tree (it needs some balances) and updateing german, make swedish tech tree, new tank destroyers with new "modes" would work like a magnet new players, and for those who gave up playing this game.
Buff 113's mobility, it moves like a turtle

Hard_Sly #69 Posted 31 August 2018 - 04:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11842 battles
  • [-303-]

View Postdts0da, on 28 August 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Anyone noticed a MASSIVE reduction in in-Game credits. Had 9 hours Premium and barely gained 100,000 on Sunday - struggling to keep any and play at the moment. Something has changed.

Yupp, posted that too on previous page. Because of recent changes (lowered creds income, very bad MM) my daily counter of battles played dropped from 30-50 to 10max (doing only 3-6 daily missions nothing more).

My AceTanker's Collection Gallery

https://imgur.com/a/8Onjo

Hesiu_123 #70 Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12071 battles
  • [PATPL]
Macie taki problem że podczas rozgrywania ostatniej bitwy potrzebnej do skalowania punktacji 19/20 na koniec bitwy wyskakuje te ostatnie 59 s do końca i musisz czekać do końca odliczania bo nie chce wpuścić cię do garażu a jak czas się skończy to jak jesteś w garażu to jest napisane że dany czołg jest w bitwie i nie ma jeszcze wyników z poprzedniej bitwy ?? 

Holhoysen #71 Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19508 battles
  • [PZ_DK]

View Postllo1, on 21 August 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

well what is the point......currently I am having at least 50%of my shots bounce from all sorts of tanks!

i am going to be over run with sodding ribbons when all I want is to have WG fix the problem of well aimed shots which "bounce" (including HE derp), shot which "disappear " and seem to be not registered at all, shots which seem to hit the essential parts of the target and only get "that one went straight through " .

So Ribblestripe......when are W( going to actually improve things which need improving......... 

I se the same problem 100% aimed shots hitting a red tank in a weakspot , without any damage ??? So please focus on the Real problems , and NOT something stupid like  ribbons !!

Edited by Holhoysen, 02 September 2018 - 01:53 PM.

Boblobb14 #72 Posted 02 September 2018 - 08:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6518 battles
  • [CA_BE]
Is there no ribbon for assistant damage, surely that is quite important and is it just me or has the update increased ping occasionally? I have also had one or two battles where I leave after I die and then when the battle has finished there is no results page and the replay doesn't take you to it either so there is no way to see it.

Edited by Boblobb14, 02 September 2018 - 08:14 PM.

Mjr_Eazy #73 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18241 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’ve never seen that replay issue, I’ve had plenty of crashes at the end...

Post a replay with this problem, it would be interesting to see it...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Badasson #74 Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7371 battles
  • [COGS]

Agree with Holhoyesn’s post and the comments of the previous forum user that prompted H’s post - the number of times “ that shot went through” happens, is at least once a battle, every battle.

Together  with the huge numbers of  bounced shots, many at point blank range and which do zero damage, usually when you about to kill-shot a red, which means said red then turns big gun on you and kills you instead, before you get back in cover or get a chance to re-load, another perennial ‘issue’, that is raised and has been raised for years past, that is just plain ignored by WG.

Of course it must be just all my own fault - BUT IT HAPPENS IN EVERY BATTLE - and even I ain’t so bad a player that I cannot improve my aim a smidgen as I progress, (or not).

Suggest WG remove the shot category of “that one went right through”, because, it achieves absolutely nothing, whether for game improvement encouragement or whatever - oh, sorry forgot! I am being reasonable and WG are only interested in Harvesting credits and have clearly no intention of ever doing anything else.

Rant over - thank you - until the next time, of course.

STAY CALM THOUGH

efoster29 #75 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42297 battles
  • [BKRAP]

I had a problem twice in Ratings battle, when the game finished it just froze and the game never showed has being played ! I could still play another game while the tank was still showing as still in battle.

RibbleStripe #76 Posted 04 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 292 battles
  • [WG]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 29 August 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Thanks your your response. Of course there is still a tactical approach to the battle but it is less varied. The best way is to enforce one of the flanks so your team gets a majority there, ie going on the Medium-Flank with a fast Heavy or vice versa, like you mentioned. It works but it's not very interesting when you do it every time. I think the moaning about "unbalanced" MM is simply players looking for excuses why they lost. I really doubt that the complaining will stop with the changes. Next time they will complain that they had Tiger IIs and Caernarvons as Heavies while the reds had IS-3s and IS-6s. Will you change that too, then? I think keeping MM as random as possible is the fairest and most entertaining way to go for the game. I do like the changes you did in terms of platoons/failtoons but I think the new changes go too far. Maybe +/-1 in terms of tank classes is too much, maybe +/-2 would ensure there are no "completely" unbalanced games but still more variety? Will be interesting to see what your stats say about the changes in how the maps are played since 5.1.

Mines is hated with most players I know on hightiers, as it is still about one area and about what team is going to do the mistake and push into the sights of the enemy TDs. The Lighthouse area is useless in Hightier because you get spotted with the high viewranges so it becomes very bland. I would love to see a reworked mines where you have a "cave/mine" below the central hill like you have on the new (brilliant) map Faust. 

Your concerns are reasonable. Just like the idea of equal numbers of HT, MT, LT and TD. We don't want difference in numbers to impact battle results too much. Of course giving absolutely mirror setups is not what we want and plan to do - there should be variety. 

Also we test some adjustments for Mines. Stay tuned )

Ohnezahn_39 #77 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2609 battles
  • [GOTT6]

Hello Wargaming and the other Players!

I really enjoy this Game! It's the best Game i ever played. I will never delete World of Tanks Blitz. But one thing would be very nice. If u can get the Object 279 or another Premium Tanks by finishing the Objectives. I would really love it! :)

Wargaming.net = The Best Gamer Company in the entire History of the World! :D

Ohnezahn_39 #78 Posted 04 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2609 battles
  • [GOTT6]

Hello Wargaming and the other Players!

I really enjoy this Game! It's the best Game i ever played. I will never delete World of Tanks Blitz. But one thing would be very nice. If u can get the Object 279 or another Premium Tanks by finishing the Objectives. I would really love it! :)

Wargaming.net = The Best Gamer Company in the entire History of the World! :D

Michel_harimanda #79 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10788 battles
  • [TKFR1]
For a better managing of the clan, we need to have message clan. Can we have this for the new update? It's very important

Midgey #80 Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 32819 battles
  • [BOSH1]

Match Making System

Is anyone else experiencing badly matched players so the battles are so one sided. For example one team has a full team with winrates above 48 and the other is averaging 40% and below. I dont mind losing a battle, but a close run fight is more enjoyable than a team that is out classed totally and I am left to try and carry them with little or no chance without any noteable support.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users