Game is too boring...

Gameplay New Update Tank Matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DieJagdkatze #1 Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29649 battles

I played this game since 2014 and i liked it alot when it was at its peak in 2015. Now i rarely play, i try to come back from time to time to see if i can still enjoy it like in the begining, but i cant. Its not the game that i have started to play back in 2014-2015. I think one of the problems is excesive balancing of the matchmaker. When +1/-1 was introduced i liked the idea of more balanced teams. But i remember there was a big discussion among developers before it was introduced and some pointed out that this kind of matchmaking will greatly affect the gameplay diversity. Even more balancing came after that update, all maps changed, etc. I think this excesive balancing indeed made the game lose its diversity, now all the battles are the same, nothing spontaneous, no new scenario in battle, nothing interesting anymore that would keep you battle over and over again.

I remember in old days i was battling like crazy , the old maps were cool, there was a great variety of teams composition in battles due to +2/-2. Maybe its me or the game changed alot since its begining, but i simply cannot enjoy it that much anymore, it seems boring.

Denii #2 Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26698 battles
  • [KS-AL]
Too many bad players have ruined the game. It is so hard to get the players to play as a team. It feels like player vs bots

Punapanda #3 Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44587 battles
  • [PINK]
I think +-2 MM would be gread idea as an option (like supremacy).

Player_4847592806 #4 Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]
In 2015 there weren't many lines available. Since then things have improved so -1/+1 MM is just as divers as it was back then. The only problem is some players used to play high tier most of the time against tanks that couldn't pen them. That's what most miss so don't kid yourself.

Timsinsal #5 Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 27974 battles
  • [TANG]

I have to respectfully disagree. I think the game is still great.

Sure, there are good days and bad days. There seems to be far too many sub 45% players in the higher tiers but on the whole the game has improved a lot since I first started especially now WG fixed the the Spare parts fiasco of 3.8.

WG have added new features like replays, supremacy mode, crew voices, tournaments, training rooms, Military Honour.. the list goes on.

There are more maps and more tanks and most importantly its a game that you can still play for free if you want to.

NB: If they re-introduced  +/-2 MM I'd play tier 10 far more  :trollface:

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #6 Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49396 battles
  • [RA1D]
The new MM introduced in 5.1 is a great problem. The composition of the teams used to be a great source of diversity in this game. Sometimes one team would have all the meds and the other all the Heavies, sometimes it would be more balanced. Every game was different and you could use your skill to adapt your game plan according to the team compositions. Now it's always the same. A few Meds, a few Heavies and some TDs on both sides. The problem is that people blame everything for their lack of skill and WG listens, which in turn makes the game more boring. First they were crying that they couldn't do anything when lowtier vs. +2 tanks. Then WG killed +/-2 MM. Then they cried that they had no chance when matched in a mostly Med/Light-team against Heavies and TDs. Now WG changed that. I fear they might introduce skill-based MM because of all the crying about being matched vs. a 70%-platoon etc. I hope though that WG realises such a step would kill this game.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

_RagingRabbit_ #7 Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13512 battles
  • [FTC-4]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 21 August 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

The new MM introduced in 5.1 is a great problem. The composition of the teams used to be a great source of diversity in this game. Sometimes one team would have all the meds and the other all the Heavies, sometimes it would be more balanced. Every game was different and you could use your skill to adapt your game plan according to the team compositions. Now it's always the same. A few Meds, a few Heavies and some TDs on both sides. The problem is that people blame everything for their lack of skill and WG listens, which in turn makes the game more boring. First they were crying that they couldn't do anything when lowtier vs. +2 tanks. Then WG killed +/-2 MM. Then they cried that they had no chance when matched in a mostly Med/Light-team against Heavies and TDs. Now WG changed that. I fear they might introduce skill-based MM because of all the crying about being matched vs. a 70%-platoon etc. I hope though that WG realises such a step would kill this game.

I fully agree. I think however the platoon-MM could use some tweaking. It's not cool when you get a 35 percent platoon on your team, while the reds have the 70 percent platoon. I'm not a fan of skill based MM so I would solve this kind of problem by limiting who can platoon. Like one of the 2 platoon mates should have a certain winrate/experience/another metric I'm not thinking about right now. Because in all honesty, unless all others on your team are capable AND the red superunicum platoon has the worst team ever - windowlicking and not capable of using their brain, you know - you have a chance as slightly above average player in that game. 

Challenging is fine, but there should be somewhat a balance, imo.

killerkiller777 #8 Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34573 battles
  • [TNG]
The problem is with players (like Denii mentioned too) and not with the game which is also far away from being balanced. If you miss +/-2 MM, then, for example, you can use tier 6 gun on tier 7 tank or you can platoon with a friend using different tiers but I doubt that you will get some fun ...

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Player_4847592806 #9 Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 21 August 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

c00lske #10 Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 67629 battles
  • [COBRA]

Not sure if the game is boring. What I do see is a lot of players in tier 9 and tier 10 with below par win rate and only 4-5000 games under their belt.

Buying their way up.

You have 2-3 players afk or not doing damage.

Being a normal player (56% WR and 60k games) rarely platooning, I cannot compensate and most of the time will make substantial dmg, but still lose.

This is taking away the fun for me.

With the simplification introduced on lower tiers, this seems only to get more inexperienced players buying their way up.

Pandemodium #11 Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33872 battles
  • [TESRH]
i agree, they should add double barrel gun for the fv 183  to make it less boring (for me)

albin747 #12 Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13770 battles

View PostPunapanda, on 21 August 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

I think +-2 MM would be gread idea as an option (like supremacy).

I don't see how that could work. I assume this would be limited to tier 5+ battles just like before +-1 mm was introduced. In that case nobody playing tier 5-6 would ever have any reason to enable +-2 since they can never meet -2 tier tanks anyway and would only face +2. On the other hand tier 9-10 players would always have a reason to use +-2 since they would then face -2 tanks without having to play against +2. Because of this tier 7-8 players will also choose to disable +-2 since they will almost never see -2 but will almost constantly see +2.

Of course this reasoning assumes the playerbase thinks being bottom tiered constantly is no fun. I have no doubt this is the case for the vast majority of plsyers even if there might be a few exceptions on this forum.

jylpah #13 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 17459 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 21 August 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

I agree that the latest MM balancing goes too far. Diversity and "crazy teams" make the game interesting. Having game after game with the same setup is monotonic and boring. I agree with WG that a single tank class can be limited to 4 tanks, but there is no need for +/-1 tank class balancing requirement.

+/-1 MM was a great move by WG despite all the whining.

But the rest I agree. There are almost on daily basis new threads/posts about "bad MM"  that literally means "I want more unicums to carry my noob [edited]".

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Denii #14 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26698 battles
  • [KS-AL]

This is what makes the game boring for me:

VarpusenI #15 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19176 battles
  • [C-F]
Having 4-6 clueless TDs in greens at Mines map while red has balanced team was not very funny.

Also tagged with Gameplay, New, Update, Tank, Matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users