• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

jonty_2014 #1 Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:16 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 77569 battles
  • [EMRS]

Folks,

while WG gives us plenty to moan about, the new map is a thing of beauty.  I think it’s really well designed, with a consistent look, so it does look like a secret missile base, rather than some cobbled together nonsense, and it has a mind boggling set of routes round and through the map.  It looks like it will encourage some dynamic and interesting play - not many places for weak TD’s to camp - lots of places for peek-a-boom and hull down tanks, and some opportunities for some ambushes and surprise attacks.

Well done WG. 

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

minitelrose #2 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 83760 battles
  • [AFK]

there will always be something to complain absout And we will find out the flaws soon enough...

but i agree it looks much more balanced than other maps and the good should overcome the bad.

with so much multi stories surface, it looks like this will be the largest map by far. 

Also that base that is very well protected but can be assaulted from any directions....

those impossible distance spotting but those walled corridors and stories with proxy spotting enemies that are impossible to view or shoot...

Looks and feels quite unique at least.

I will concede nothing : the WR needs to be re-counted - by hand.

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36885 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I’ve not played it yet but pictures look like it’s an evening map and something different so really looking forward to playing it...

547146227.png

_RagingRabbit_ #4 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18300 battles
  • [0XIDE]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 22 August 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I’ve not played it yet but pictures look like it’s an evening map and something different so really looking forward to playing it...

Look like a map where I will rekt by invisible tanks while having nothing to shoot at :D 

#oldvineyards 

On a serious note tho, still haven't found the map yet. too bad, want to try it

Edited by bunnybun123, 22 August 2018 - 11:52 AM.

Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36885 battles
  • [BT_SV]

It is #oldvineyards like, only had it once team got rekt, I was playing on phone and found it really hard to see reds, it was clear my team had no-one who had played it as they lemming trained into reds in good positions, I was trundling along in Tog II by the time I managed to get there we were 1-5 down and 1-6 a few seconds later, I managed to get 1162 of our 2348 dmg, 3 0’s on green.  

Rigged ;) we got rekt!

I love it!  I really missed the gloom of #oldvineyards and if there was a setting to let you pick a favourite map so you got it more often this would be mine!

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 22 August 2018 - 07:16 PM.

547146227.png

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #6 Posted 22 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52120 battles
  • [RA1D]

It looks fantastic and it is really complex. Cant say if its gonna be a successfully interesting map or if its going to be total chaos. For now like in every new map the team that sticks together gets the win. 

What I really enjoy is that its the first „proper 3D map“. Meaning its not just a plain that has been pulled over some topography but the tunnels and bridges really make this map complex in all three dimensions. Flanking below the enemy team, now thats a first. I really hope they implement this in further maps / map upgrades. Just imagine how cool mines would be if it had real mine tunnels below the hill in the middle with 3-4 exits. 

Edited by superschnitzelkoenig, 22 August 2018 - 07:53 PM.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

llo1 #7 Posted 22 August 2018 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32157 battles
  • [1RTR]

Not been allocated a battle on it yet!

cannot wait to try it!

minitelrose #8 Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 83760 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 22 August 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

It looks fantastic and it is really complex. Cant say if its gonna be a successfully interesting map or if its going to be total chaos. For now like in every new map the team that sticks together gets the win. 

What I really enjoy is that its the first „proper 3D map“. Meaning its not just a plain that has been pulled over some topography but the tunnels and bridges really make this map complex in all three dimensions. Flanking below the enemy team, now thats a first. I really hope they implement this in further maps / map upgrades. Just imagine how cool mines would be if it had real mine tunnels below the hill in the middle with 3-4 exits. 

​mines has tunnel entrance...

now i agree with you, the not-so-recent proliferation of bridges started to be a joke. Especially on lost temple and Mayan ( but that map is a joke). This as a concept looks much more successful.

I had only one battle so far, and my team rushed to cap and 6 of them found themselves upstairs... fail... I went down and capped and... seeing enemies flank u and progress from both left and right and above... while  u can’t shoot them because of the walled corridors... it’s quite anxiogenous in a slow non turret - single shot TD...

so yeah. Might be a cap for superheavies or ADHD light tanks. I saw clippers and t49 replays doing very well. Popping right behind enemy lines, unloading and gone before anyone can turn... because of these walls, u can’t turn the turret and shoo the guy running, u need to go there and turn the corner.. which is impractical. repeating just many times into the high score... I think it’s not going to be long until we hear people crying. 

At the same time it’s not long avenues like himmelsdorf, it feels more like slot cars race tracks... I could see two superheavies locking one segment and burning everything inside. Maybe with some AT-15 high on a ramp ? That would be painful to overcome. 

I will concede nothing : the WR needs to be re-counted - by hand.

DumbApe #9 Posted 22 August 2018 - 10:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34637 battles
  • [HRG]

Loving it ... had 5 or 6 games so far.  A bit of mobility is handy but I'd say traverse speed is the most important tank feature as there are shooting options everywhere. Good cover and slopes that can be exploited, but also that expose folks if you are prepared to work the map. 

Really can be chaotic - if I am in a slower tank/TD I am definitely going to stick close to a buddy - In something faster - I was in a birthday T71 for one game - it is a real hoot!

Edited by DumbApe, 22 August 2018 - 10:34 PM.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Mjr_Eazy #10 Posted 22 August 2018 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36885 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Had another in it tonight and this was much better, we won :) 

I made judicious use of the tunnels and it was quite surreal to have red tanks above knowing they couldn’t shoot me, I’m sure we’ll get lots of crying but me I love it and I can now forgive WG for changing the light on Vineyards.  Although I’d prefer it if we had faust and #OldVineyards as 2 non-daylight maps would help mix stuff up.

547146227.png

Cookiebile #11 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:31 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 70418 battles
  • [AFK]

Worst map so far, overall useless update 

map is like a map out of call of duty black ops something, fps running around, no finesse, just chaos. I don’t like it at all. 

Add useless ribbons that’s makes us look like a Soviet General on parade, crazy alarm bell, and this update makes me grossly disappointed.

Edited by Cookiebile, 23 August 2018 - 08:44 AM.

DumbApe #12 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34637 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 22 August 2018 - 11:23 PM, said:

Had another in it tonight and this was much better, we won :) 

I made judicious use of the tunnels and it was quite surreal to have red tanks above knowing they couldn’t shoot me, I’m sure we’ll get lots of crying but me I love it and I can now forgive WG for changing the light on Vineyards.  Although I’d prefer it if we had faust and #OldVineyards as 2 non-daylight maps would help mix stuff up.

One thing that is cool is that the dev's have even thought about the shadows cast by Tanks that aren't spotted.  This means that in quite a few spots you can 'see' there is someone above you and which direction they are heading in - dead handy :justwait:

In reality though a site like that would be assaulted by Infantry with Armour held back. 

@CookieBile - when other maps have been introduced i.e. Alpenstadt, Dynasty Pearl etc I think at first there was a lot of hooning about chaotically as folks got to know them. After a while it settled down and some order was restored.  In IRL, war is chaos and the folks that can exploit it best are usually the winners ;)   

Edited by DumbApe, 23 August 2018 - 08:48 AM.

Cookiebile #13 Posted 23 August 2018 - 08:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 70418 battles
  • [AFK]

In real war you dont attack with tanks in a place like this. ;)

And If you do, you take the consequences:)

edit; but I guess this sums it up pretty well, what do we want this game to be? There are not one correct answer to this.

Edited by Cookiebile, 23 August 2018 - 08:53 AM.

jonty_2014 #14 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 77569 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostCookiebile, on 23 August 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

In real war you dont attack with tanks in a place like this. ;)

And If you do, you take the consequences:)

edit; but I guess this sums it up pretty well, what do we want this game to be? There are not one correct answer to this.

What a relief it isn’t ... it’s a game. 

I like the map.

I get that some people don’t.

I can live with that.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #15 Posted 23 August 2018 - 09:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52120 battles
  • [RA1D]
The balcony on the north-eastern corner is great for TDs. That is as long as you are unspotted. Once spotted you are completely without cover. I did almost 4K there in my WT while the action was on the other side of the map before a 1100-Alpha-HE ruined my game half a second before the lamp went on.

Debbie_Does_Dallas #16 Posted 23 August 2018 - 11:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72207 battles
  • [HE-49]

New map....i likey lots. Normally the new maps are ok, but this one has the smell of 'heroes of telemark' or 'operation crossbow' about it. ........

Thumbs up....which is unusual for me in this sphere. :)

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

DumbApe #17 Posted 23 August 2018 - 01:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34637 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postharrier_77, on 23 August 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

this one has the smell of 'heroes of telemark' or 'operation crossbow' about it. ........

Showing your age there fella ... :P

ethanjames_1 #18 Posted 23 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 76611 battles
  • [T-T-S]
Feels like fighting on a moon base XD

Mjr_Eazy #19 Posted 23 August 2018 - 05:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36885 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postethanjames_1, on 23 August 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Feels like fighting on a moon base XD

hehehehehehe, I was thinking Space 1999...

Ooh ooh oh or Iron Sky...

The only way this map could be improved is wih Sharknado’s randomly moving across the map to obscure targets or eat up campers, yes that’s it!  WG do a deal with the film makers to get Sharknados in the game and after 1 minute of actvity they come and eat the camper!

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 23 August 2018 - 05:39 PM.

547146227.png

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #20 Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52120 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 23 August 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

hehehehehehe, I was thinking Space 1999...

Ooh ooh oh or Iron Sky...

The only way this map could be improved is wih Sharknado’s randomly moving across the map to obscure targets or eat up campers, yes that’s it!  WG do a deal with the film makers to get Sharknados in the game and after 1 minute of actvity they come and eat the camper!

Sharks come alone... Piranha come in thousands.

Also tagged with Faust, map, lovely

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users