• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Debbie_Does_Dallas #41 Posted 25 August 2018 - 09:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 72207 battles
  • [HE-49]

View PostJukkis74, on 25 August 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

Been there a few times. Positive: very complex 3D paths and LOS opportunities. Negative: ’arcade’ feeling, tanks would not be used in such environment.

It might so complex that meta does not settle for it at all?!?

Tanks were used at Stalingrad in much tighter conditions...albeit in small numbers due to lack of resources. And in large numbers in northern France post Normandy landings. They had to fight through bocage country and more than a few condensed towns(caen eg).

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Just_merpug #42 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58305 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postharrier_77, on 25 August 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Tanks were used at Stalingrad in much tighter conditions...albeit in small numbers due to lack of resources. And in large numbers in northern France post Normandy landings. They had to fight through bocage country and more than a few condensed towns(caen eg).

Yeah, but IRL the arty and airforce would have trashed it before the tanks for there. Like Stalingrad.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Jammytwss212 #43 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 37289 battles
  • [TWSS]
For my playstyle it seems to be good for tanks with mobility. T95s, Tog 2s, Maus' are fked as they can be flanked soo easily. Playing Bat-chats and Lttb on this new map is sooo fun and almost too easy.

_RagingRabbit_ #44 Posted 28 August 2018 - 06:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18300 battles
  • [0XIDE]
I have had some very good games on this map, if you can pin the enemy in one spot, it's easy damage farming. Staying together is important seems it tho, but far enough from eachother the reds can't force you to stay in one place - like on every map actually. I have won 6 games so far on this map, lost one. It's a great map for my T32, in one game I didn't have to leave a spot, where my whole hull was covered by a little wall. And thx to my gun depression I could shoot at everything easily enough. With light tanks like the VK 28 01 which I recently bought it's also much fun :)

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #45 Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52120 battles
  • [RA1D]

Still think it's a great map. I think generally Heavies and Meds have an easy time on the map and many possibilities to create a good game. I haven't yet found an "uber" spot like the middle on Canyon or on Vineyards. The side at C/D is crucial in supremacy so a Lemming Train towards A is not a great idea in that game mode. In Random if you want to Lemming train then go towards A, as it is easier to quickly overwhelm a numerically inferior enemy at A than at C/D. Also giving up map control (=Lemming Train) and standing at C/D gives the red team so many possibilities to flank you that I would highly advice against that.

I would still recommend having your team cover both sides but being very careful with the Meds at A as you don't want to run into the whole red team there. If you do, try to either get back towards your spawn or go down the ramp or bunker towards B where your team can cover you.

In terms of Lights and TDs I have found some interesting positions so far: Lights can go to the bushes quite in the middle of the maps and make a first spot to the reds capping C respective D. This is extremely valuable as the tanks at C can shoot at the tanks at D and vice versa but usually they don't spot each other. Once they have finished spotting the Light can get away easily, depending on the game situation. 

TDs have a harder situation. If you are in a mobile TD you can go the the Bushes at the sides of the Bunkers near the spawns. From there you can hit the Reds at C resp. D without being spotted, especially of course if a Light is at the position that I've indicated. However, don't go there in a slow TD if you have no tanks spotting/holding A as you risk being flanked. 

The balcony between C and D is great for TDs if the Action is at A. However, once you are spotted it will take you ages to get into cover or you will have to go down the sides, sacrificing HP so be vary careful when you are there. 

Edited by superschnitzelkoenig, 29 August 2018 - 03:33 PM.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

llo1 #46 Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32157 battles
  • [1RTR]

Well finally had a battle on this map!

The only problem was the choice of tank.....it happened when I was in my BP, and seemed like I was the slowest tank on the map, so didnt see much of it.

Managed to reasonably enjoy the map, the ins and outs, and the ability to shoot reds whilst on an overhead roadway.

Still managed to get tracked a couple of times whilst behind a parapet, which I don't understand, but really this map is dominated by the fast tanks, and especially fast tanks with high calibre guns and a fast reload.

Its a pity that you cannot choose your tank to match the map available!

Also tagged with Faust, map, lovely

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users