• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Just_merpug #21 Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58266 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostNoob_7029, on 29 August 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

So basically there is a bug in the tier 3 that if it is red im dead intresting.
Today i had some nice game in medium1 and managed to get 2 first class but still the sight of this tank disgust me. Same thing happened for chi-ni as well. Try to get first class for m2 medium or preferably ace but I constantly ran to DW2 and that tank was a nightmare to my HE gun and all of my teammates. A quick search and I find why they call it death wagon.
So the thing im doing is to read the guide of the tank from this forum (or forum from other servers) then watch a video about it ( thanks to little finger) and then jump in the tank and try to figure it out. I will do this for some time and then come here and ask that am i in right track or not. Thanks everyone

Good plan, mate. Littlefinger can be a bit dull, though. Look up Anon____, whose videos are a bit old now, but who is a better player and more entertaining. Armoured_pantz, too, does lower tier stuff. Bit nsfw, but makes me smile. Most YouTube channels are high tier and unhelpful.

It's figuring out how to counter the higher tiers in a battle that's one of the most rewarding elements of the game. Good luck out there, see you around.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

lynnebabes #22 Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1445 battles
Like you the best thing I did was post on here asking for help and got loads. I joined a clan B-B-B and the help I’ve had there from Bada_Bing and the rest of the clan has been awesome. Welcome to the game it’s fun and agree with what vonpottypoop says (he’s been a massive help to me too) don’t rush up the tiers, I’m at tier 4 and not going higher until I’m lots better (I have played WOT lots so wasn’t a complete noob hehe). My advice would be find a good clan not just to learn but to chat to people too watch the vids  on YouTube and kill other tanks 

Noob_7029 #23 Posted 31 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6748 battles
Im now 108 battle.
My records so far are this:
Win rate 56.48%.       Average damage 455.       Damage ratio 1.76
There were some other information as well but since i read these are most important I only put them. I wanted to put pictures but I don’t know how.
So now what? I know that these aren’t a bad results.
So again what is WN8 and WN7?? They are really bothering me.

Mjr_Eazy #24 Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36834 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostNoob_7029, on 31 August 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Im now 108 battle.
Win rate 56.48%. Average damage 455. Damage ratio 1.76
There were some other information as well but since i read these are most important I only put them. I wanted to put pictures but I don’t know how.

wn8 and wn7 are different ways of measuring performance, there were others before them, they are seen on blitzstars.com, there’s an explanation here - http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

My advice would be the same as for other stats don’t get obsessed by them or get involved in using them as a proxy willy in the stats willy waving wars, but they are useful to help you see if you’re improving as your WR may be good but you’re still getting carried a lot ao your WN8 isn’t as good for example, you can then look at your 30/60/90/Career stats to see areas to improve, maybe your survival rate is too low, maybe you’re not doing a lot of dmg etc etc

Your stats are very good for a newbie but bear in mind with that few battles your margin of error is going to be 10-20%, I’d suggest playing 100 games in at least one or ideally each of your tier III’s and play some tier iv see what they look like before moving up to v and above...

equally it’s a game play what tier you like just don’t get too disheartened if you get spanked and your stats crash :)

Edited by Mjr_Eazy, 31 August 2018 - 11:25 AM.

547146227.png

Noob_7029 #25 Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6748 battles

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 31 August 2018 - 11:23 AM, said:

wn8 and wn7 are different ways of measuring performance, there were others before them, they are seen on blitzstars.com, there’s an explanation here - http://wiki.wnefficiency.net/pages/WN8

My advice would be the same as for other stats don’t get obsessed by them or get involved in using them as a proxy willy in the stats willy waving wars, but they are useful to help you see if you’re improving as your WR may be good but you’re still getting carried a lot ao your WN8 isn’t as good for example, you can then look at your 30/60/90/Career stats to see areas to improve, maybe your survival rate is too low, maybe you’re not doing a lot of dmg etc etc

Your stats are very good for a newbie but bear in mind with that few battles your margin of error is going to be 10-20%, I’d suggest playing 100 games in at least one or ideally each of your tier III’s and play some tier iv see what they look like before moving up to v and above...

equally it’s a game play what tier you like just don’t get too disheartened if you get spanked and your stats crash :)

Thanks for cleaning these terms for me.

I have no rush for higher tiers im having fun in my current tier and also read that higher tiers are saturated with players and most of them don’t have skills for driving their tank.

I expected a hard game aswell so im fairly prepare for something discouraging and today i faced something too T-26 wasn’t very good for me but I only played 4 games in it, my training isn’t complete , i just upgraded the tank and I only tried one play style which was bit aggressive for this tank. I also went to triple B though i read they train around tier 5 but i send my application anyway lets see what they say.

Just_merpug #26 Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58266 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostNoob_7029, on 01 September 2018 - 04:08 PM, said:

Thanks for cleaning these terms for me.

I have no rush for higher tiers im having fun in my current tier and also read that higher tiers are saturated with players and most of them don’t have skills for driving their tank.

I expected a hard game aswell so im fairly prepare for something discouraging and today i faced something too T-26 wasn’t very good for me but I only played 4 games in it, my training isn’t complete , i just upgraded the tank and I only tried one play style which was bit aggressive for this tank. I also went to triple B though i read they train around tier 5 but i send my application anyway lets see what they say.

T-26 is lots of fun when you figure out, so is the T-46.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Peddy_tanj_it #27 Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 63513 battles
  • [EU]

My gosh darn goodness. How refreshing it is to see friendly and helpful advice. Noob_7029 nice to see you and hope you keep playing.  Ignore the complaints of there are too many noobs in higher tiers. People need to have easy targets... (Que rant about game enjoyment etc). But you look to be doing the smart things and learning tip and tricks from the forum which I missed in my early days. 

I just wanted a Tiger I so spent all my time and efforts getting to it only to find out it was a bad tank. It is not it was me being a usless noob player.

There is a big skill jump in between tiers IV to V in part because of the missions which are split at tier V with Those below V and V and up.  If you can complete these missions as they give useful rewards but do not sweat it if you cannot,  you can skip one of these missions for free each day. 

As to the cap circle it can be used towards the end of the game when a light fast tank is hiding and running away from a slow tank which has no chance of catching it and trying to force a draw. By capping the slow tank forces the quick tank to either lose or cause damage to the slow tank and re-set the cap.  Which makes them come out of cover and possibly be shot by the slow capping tank.

i would avoid trying to use it for anything else in lower tier games. 

In buying new tanks always try to have enough silver to buy the 75% crew skills. Or if you are rich you can get the 100% for gold. But avoid being stuck on 50% 

Try to use the x2 first win bonuses on each of the tank lines that you are trying to grind up, It resets twice a day once around noon or 1 pm and again at 6-7pm ish depending upon where you live. and watch out for the x3 and x5 weekends. Save any boosters / premium time certificates for these games. 

A clan is is good to join if only for the discounts on repairs and consumables. Also I know it is a long way in the future but it gives you access to a very cheap very good premium. IS-5  

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Ellistiger #28 Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 48955 battles
  • [AFK]

Welcome to the forums . The only thing I haven’t seen posted amongst all the great advice is this . Don’t assume that the next tank in the line will be easy because it has a bigger gun . It won’t because all the reds in that tier have bigger guns too . Damage and staying alive are king ( I’m still learning that ) but getting the balance between them right is the difficult thing .

Above all enjoy yourself .....it’s only a game . ( although it’s FAR FAR FAR ..............FAR more important than that ! ) 

AFK   And proud of it ! 

N00basaurus #29 Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5509 battles
  • [ALBA]

View PostEllistiger, on 02 September 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums . The only thing I haven’t seen posted amongst all the great advice is this . Don’t assume that the next tank in the line will be easy because it has a bigger gun . It won’t because all the reds in that tier have bigger guns too .

There are a handful exceptions to this, however. The SAu 40 is dire, while the S35 CA is glorious. The T-28 is mediocre, while the KV-1 is one of the strongest tanks of its tier. The Pz IV A is cardboard, whereas the DW2 is aptly called the tier IV deathwagen.

Female crew voicepacks please.

(Re)classify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer.

anonym_IuQg59t4Ci3R #30 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
In my experience, stay away from light and medium tanks when youre a noob. Heavy tanks with good armor only. The German tier 8 RU, in the leopard line is a noob trap that will give you a win rate in the 40s. Tier 10 is4 is a good heavy tank, better than is7.

DukeA1 #31 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:14 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7491 battles

if you want to get a good reputation fast, the only choice is french lines, whilst the popular opinion old joe you ask will say russian, of course this is just popular parroting, it's not completely true, french vs russian will always win against russian, like for like

if you simply dont like french tanks, then of course, dont pick them, i've never tried german lines, no matter what their reputation, i just dont feel comfortable with them

if you want to experiment at the cost of your performance record, that's sensible too for the very long long run, to know alot more at expense of reputation, you'll end up knowing more, but it'll take about a year to fix your ....'experimentation days' .

maybe mistaken US lines, they're often seen as easy points, choose if you simply prefer them, 

for a verysimple life, the chinese line is one of the most less distracting lines, and their performance isn't too bad either, and alot less having to spend time wasted, just thinking about the massive tank tree

the big trend in nearly everybody snapping up E100's is a bit out of hand, ulgy slow, and so far, people who achieve them, seem to give up the game quite soon afterwards. maybe they're ulgly slowness just snipes the fun out of the game, who knows. Or the tank whilst amazing, just doesn't feel amazing. And u know it's really sad to know so many people that spent weeks non-stop to achieve E100, then not a word from them, never log on again.

The ultimate tanks all game. Of course are the T10 British. The 183. Battle without a 183, is basicly just orders to run headlong into gunfire. Super akin to a T6 battle without a KV2.

Whilst french lines can dominate nearly any tier up to T10. IS6 and such russian things IS3, vie for the top spot along the line.

BEST TIP:

sometimes picking out tanks with a dangerous reputation actually shoots you in the foot, as you just increase the expectation to play epic... whereas if you pick a tank of your skill level... you might end up in a battle of your skill level and make alot more progress. As always. The best tanks onthe field will surely 'shoulder' most of the burden to win the battle. Added stress and increased skill requirement.

Edited by DukeA1, 13 September 2018 - 01:35 AM.

where hope fails - attention to detail prevails! 

BorisBaddenov #32 Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 58 battles

View PostNoob_7029, on 31 August 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Im now 108 battle.
Win rate 56.48%. Average damage 455. Damage ratio 1.76

Not sure if you have found this site yet or not ---   https://www.blitzstars.com/

The site will only start tracking a user's stats if someone has looked up that user.    

Peace-

Boris

N00basaurus #33 Posted 06 October 2018 - 02:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5509 battles
  • [ALBA]

Something many players are not consciously aware of, is complementary grinding.

Several tanks share modules (engines or guns). This can decrease the amount of grinding you have to do, especially if going up tiers diagonally (from a med to a TD or heavy, like some tech trees allow you to).

Ex. many lower-tier US tanks share the same engine, the Continental R-975-C1 (IIRC). If you unlock it on a tank you get it for free in all the others. Best if you grind it on the lowest-tier tank that mounts it, so you'll get it free on the higher ones.

Another would be the Soviet 107 mm gun. It's used by both the T-150 and the KV-2. While it's relatively unspectacular on the KV-2 (the one you really want is the 152 mm Gulag Express), having it already unlocked on the KV-2 makes grinding the 152 much easier, since the stock 122 mm howitzer is horrible. I mean it. If you use the stock 122 mm, you're not just a liability to your team, you're also losing a ton of credits, due to needing to use premium HEAT. The 107 is much easier to grind on the T-150 since the 85 mm preceding it is cheaper and easier to run (has adequatish performance for its tier) than the awful stock 122 mm on the KV-2.

Edited by N00basaurus, 06 October 2018 - 02:49 AM.

Female crew voicepacks please.

(Re)classify the AMX CDC as a Tank Destroyer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users