camper 95% mods?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MarsIsBrightTonight #1 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28819 battles
  • [OBB]

This morning at 2 AM I had a row with a guy in an AMX 40. In Desert Sands as soon as the counter reached 0 he went to the railway in sector 6 together with a SU-85, and stayed there until the end. Most of the battle (which we lost) was around the plane wreck.

He was second best regarding damage (highest was mine in an M4) and he blamed the team, so after exchanging a few words of mutual appreciation I checked his stats.

He has over 100K battles, a spot per battle of just above 0.4, low HPB, low KPB...

...and an unbelievable hit rate, above 90% for most tanks. We're talking 89.20 for a KV-2, 90.57 on average for Russian TDs... you get the idea.

Is this accuracy simply indicative of a campasniper who only shots when he's sure of hitting, or there is something more sinister going on? Aiming mods?

...on a related thought, wouldn't it be fun if "distance covered" and "time to destruction" became recorded stats?

Edited by MarsIsBrightTonight, 03 September 2018 - 09:01 AM.

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)

Tijgerhaai_XIV #2 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11152 battles
  • [ALBA]
low hpb and high accuracy is not a good correlation. Camper who is not even any good at it.

Player_4847592806 #3 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3831 battles
  • [-SD-]
He probably shoots gold stationary on stationary targets so he pens and hits above average but not often enough to play a decisive role.

Eulengesicht_2014 #4 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 113438 battles
  • [WPS]

View PostMarsIsBrightTonight, on 03 September 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

This morning at 2 AM I had a row with a guy in an AMX 40. In Desert Sands as soon as the counter reached 0 he went to the railway in sector 6 together with a SU-85, and stayed there until the end. Most of the battle (which we lost) was around the plane wreck.

He was second best regarding damage (highest was mine in an M4) and he blamed the team, so after exchanging a few words of mutual appreciation I checked his stats.

He has over 100K battles, a spot per battle of just above 0.4, low HPB, low KPB...

...and an unbelievable hit rate, above 90% for most tanks. We're talking 89.20 for a KV-2, 90.57 on average for Russian TDs... you get the idea.

Is this accuracy simply indicative of a campasniper who only shots when he's sure of hitting, or there is something more sinister going on? Aiming mods?

...on a related thought, wouldn't it be fun if "distance covered" and "time to destruction" became recorded stats?

No sinister in his stats: look deeper: For all his Med Tanks he has a spotting rate of 0,62, it is a marker for camping. To hit a tank is not a problem. Hitrates above 90% are not unusual after many battles. But there are one more thing: look at his survival rate, he has the same problem as me. 

"Einfachheit ist die höchste Form von Raffinesse" - Steve Jobs

sixty_three #5 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

Learning to shoot accurately is probably the most important initial skill a beginner needs to have any prospect at being successful in this game.  Your hit rate % is also one of the few statistics that almost wholly measures just your skill, and not you and your teammates.

You can also compare your shooting accuracy readily with other players on Blitz Stars.

If you do look at that site, you'll see the top players have around a 92-93% hit rate.  But most have a WR in the 50's. Which confirms they're neither conventionally great or useless players.  They just probably measure their own success using one criteria, over which they have near-complete control.  And the reward for this niche endeavour is a top ten listing. 

Whilst this way of playing the game isn't my cup of tea, I can understand how it would appeal to some personalities.

Edited by sixty_three, 03 September 2018 - 09:58 AM.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #6 Posted 03 September 2018 - 10:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49596 battles
  • [RA1D]
Well I have 90%+ accuracy on about half my tanks. Its really not that hard if you dont speculate too much when doing your shots. I dont think it makes a big difference as a measurement of skill, its more about your style. Some will shoot even when there is a relatively small chance of hitting while others will be more conservative with their shots. Both playstyles have advantages and disadvantages. However, you shouldnt have hitrates below 85% if you want to be a great player. And you shouldnt do what the guy you described is obviously doing.

Edited by superschnitzelkoenig, 03 September 2018 - 10:43 AM.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Player_4847592806 #7 Posted 03 September 2018 - 11:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3831 battles
  • [-SD-]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 03 September 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Well I have 90%+ accuracy on about half my tanks. Its really not that hard if you dont speculate too much when doing your shots. I dont think it makes a big difference as a measurement of skill, its more about your style. Some will shoot even when there is a relatively small chance of hitting while others will be more conservative with their shots. Both playstyles have advantages and disadvantages. However, you shouldnt have hitrates below 85% if you want to be a great player. And you shouldnt do what the guy you described is obviously doing.

Yes, you should buy protection then all reds will be noobs that stay to be shot and rng will make sure you hit every time. 

_Ripper4you_ #8 Posted 03 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49792 battles
  • [EG-]
Those are tanks with vodka rng; the only laser tanks I know are the 140 and leo 1

Titus_Scato #9 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41996 battles
  • [1RTR]

Sounds like a player who should only drive tanks in the Toaster to Grille line.  He likes to be as far away from the enemy as possible while still being able to shoot, because he doesn’t want the reds to spot him and shoot back at him.  

His gameplay style suits the Grille line perfectly, and ONLY that line, nothing else.  That ultra-cautious playstyle is acceptable in that line because they all have extremely accurate guns, and they all have very thin armour that can be penned with HE, so cannot afford to get shot at often.  However, that playstyle is a liability to the team in any other kind of tank, because he’s not close enough to the action to help split the enemy’s fire, so his teammates get outnumbered and die faster.  He can’t often win a battle after his team are all dead, Kolabanov medals are a 1 in 500 games situation.

Send me his name in a private message, and I’ll give him that feedback.

MarsIsBrightTonight #10 Posted 03 September 2018 - 03:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 28819 battles
  • [OBB]

View PostEulengesicht_2014, on 03 September 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

No sinister in his stats: look deeper: For all his Med Tanks he has a spotting rate of 0,62, it is a marker for camping. To hit a tank is not a problem. Hitrates above 90% are not unusual after many battles. But there are one more thing: look at his survival rate, he has the same problem as me. 

You say so? I fail to find a correlation: you have a DPM of over 450 with a difference between WR and survival rate of 26,2%

He has a DPM of less than 350 and the gap between WR and survival rate is 16,28%. Also his average battle length is 20s more than yours. This guy gets killed because his team loses, not because he plays aggressively...

"Gambling: The sure way of getting nothing for something." (Wilson Mizner, US playwriter, 1876-1933)

Chairman_merpug #11 Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 45170 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 03 September 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Sounds like a player who should only drive tanks in the Toaster to Grille line.  He likes to be as far away from the enemy as possible while still being able to shoot, because he doesn’t want the reds to spot him and shoot back at him.  

His gameplay style suits the Grille line perfectly, and ONLY that line, nothing else.  That ultra-cautious playstyle is acceptable in that line because they all have extremely accurate guns, and they all have very thin armour that can be penned with HE, so cannot afford to get shot at often.  However, that playstyle is a liability to the team in any other kind of tank, because he’s not close enough to the action to help split the enemy’s fire, so his teammates get outnumbered and die faster.  He can’t often win a battle after his team are all dead, Kolabanov medals are a 1 in 500 games situation.

Send me his name in a private message, and I’ll give him that feedback.

Arty player.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Pandemodium #12 Posted 03 September 2018 - 04:13 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34904 battles
  • [TESRH]
Yes

minitelrose #13 Posted 03 September 2018 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 71268 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postsuperschnitzelkoenig, on 03 September 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

I have mine at 78-80 

now for sure I tend to try blind shots and other things but i have a serious 30% missed or bounced shots in the end of ever game.

I don’t know if it’s slow hands or highly volatile ping but it’s just not working for me.

and those for sure limit my ability as a player. 

Highly frustrating.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Player_4847592806 #14 Posted 03 September 2018 - 08:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3831 battles
  • [-SD-]

Bounces are not misses, they count as hits. I've also noticed that during the scythe of wrath times a shot on a dead tank didn't count for the mission so one could kill a tank, shoot a recently knocked out one then kill again and the mission was awarded. As the game is server based, you will always have the problems described above and it's not the magnitude of the ping but the percentage in variation. When I have 20-40 ping on the wifi, it's worse than 60-70 on 4G.

Also tagged with camper, 95%, mods?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users