• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 292 battles
  • [WG]

Hey guys!

I guess some of you might know we launched an official Discord server for RU-server in test mode last week. Now we accumulate feedback from users and adjust server structure and setting according to their needs.

There will be one more server for english speaking community. Due to Discord popularity among these players we'd like to share draft structure and ask you for ideas, suggestions and wishes. So look at it  and if you want something to be changed, added or removed, let us know.

Spoiler

We believe Discord can be much more effective as form of communicating with community. Let's make this discussion effective as well. Please read other players' messages and if someone has already said what you want to say, just push like button under the message. It will be easier to understand what players really want to have at server. Thank you!

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18241 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Presumably that will replace the forum.

What about those players, like me who have no interest whatsoever in using Discord?

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

Pururut #3 Posted 10 September 2018 - 09:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21418 battles
  • [1RTR_]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 10 September 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

What about those players, like me who have no interest whatsoever in using Discord?

I hope this initiative doesnt replace forum though...

Oh and RibbleWibble, your draft lacks #anime. No gaming discord is complete without an anime channel.

Come here Chino chan, give onii chan a big hug.

_Ripper4you_ #4 Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 40847 battles
  • [ELEM]
I really like how is organized from now +1

Cornish_Dyowl #5 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29229 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 10 September 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

I really do hope not! 

There have been 23 active threads in the Gameplay section over the last 24 hours.  Now imagine all of those posts in one Discord channel, in a completely random order. It will be absolute chaos.

I’d also be interested to know how WG intend to police these channels.  As anyone knows, it is so easy to change user name, hide your identity and to have multiple accounts. How do you propose to control trolling, abuse and spamming please?

Edited by Cornish_Dyowl, 10 September 2018 - 06:41 PM.

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35239 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 10 September 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Hey guys!

I guess some of you might know we launched an official Discord server for RU-server in test mode last week. Now we accumulate feedback from users and adjust server structure and setting according to their needs.

There will be one more server for english speaking community. Due to Discord popularity among these players we'd like to share draft structure and ask you for ideas, suggestions and wishes. So look at it  and if you want something to be changed, added or removed, let us know.

Spoiler

We believe Discord can be much more effective as form of communicating with community. Let's make this discussion effective as well. Please read other players' messages and if someone has already said what you want to say, just push like button under the message. It will be easier to understand what players really want to have at server. Thank you!

Hy. I'm on a plethora of Discord channels already, but don't bother with most. Even on our clan server, it's hard to keep up with stuff. There's no way to bind a thread to a topic, so discussion is brief and quickly forgotten. The WG Facebook page is bad enough as a sewer of whining children, Discord would be worse. 

Please just pay a bit more attention here, like updating the UI so it works cross-platform, rather than leaving this resource to wither on the vine.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

MaGoNeRo70 #7 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7216 battles
  • [ITA-0]

a section :

- first steps to game

- guides from top players

- links to follow guides on youtube

- statistic 

:harp:

“Se tutti la pensano allo stesso modo, allora qualcuno non sta pensando.”  "lI coraggio è trattenere la paura un minuto più a lungo.”

General George Smith Patton

pokerfana #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 27791 battles
  • [CZECH]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 10 September 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Hey guys!

Spoiler

It's a good idea. I would like something like meeting in discord voice with strongest clans and game developers. There are so many thing that should be discussed "face to face" no in text chanels.

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” 
― Oscar Wilde

DukeA1 #9 Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:08 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 6968 battles
  • [FASTI]

ive been using shouting across the office, wot is this curious thing maybe i try it out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users