• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

MaXSty1er #1 Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 391 battles
  • [WG]

Update 5.3

The upcoming update is smaller in scope than some of our other updates. But we are releasing it in the shortest time possible, which means that all subsequent updates will be released earlier too. Update 5.3 will be available on September 12.

Full text news

Prime-time changes in Rating Battles

In order to decrease waiting time in RBs we’ve decided to change prime-time values for each realm considering highest online. This will help matchmaker to assemble teams faster and more effectively that in its turn will make playing rating battles more comfortable.

New prime-time:

• EU: 7:00-22:00 UTC
  • NA: 20:00-4:00 UTC
  • RU: 6:00-22:00 UTC
  • SEA: 8:00-16:00 UTC
  • China: 14:00-17:00 UTC

Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35239 battles
  • [AFK]
Well done, guys, I love that you're giving newbies a sandbox.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

llo1 #3 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25071 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 11 September 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Update 5.3

The upcoming update is smaller in scope than some of our other updates. But we are releasing it in the shortest time possible, which means that all subsequent updates will be released earlier too. Update 5.3 will be available on September 12.

Full text news

So MaXSty1er, when do we get a sandbox for the other tiers?

And also if you insist in not doing anything about  the useless Honour system, how about providing us with enough downvotes for inactive tanks to cover all the game breaking tanks......Like 4 per battle, every battle every time we play......that might be sufficient!

And also how about having a downvote for WG for the lag/ping/disappearing shots, shots that go straight through.....maybe one per game for MH, but then you would need for someone to receive these and actually react to them.....never going to happen is it as WG are simply not interested!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35239 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postllo1, on 11 September 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

So MaXSty1er, when do we get a sandbox for the other tiers?

And also if you insist in not doing anything about  the useless Honour system, how about providing us with enough downvotes for inactive tanks to cover all the game breaking tanks......Like 4 per battle, every battle every time we play......that might be sufficient!

And also how about having a downvote for WG for the lag/ping/disappearing shots, shots that go straight through.....maybe one per game for MH, but then you would need for someone to receive these and actually react to them.....never going to happen is it as WG are simply not interested!

Stop crying.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #5 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 18241 battles
  • [BT_SV]
Hy, it’s a yes from me, the approach to introduce new players more gradually sounds much better than the proposed decimation of the texh tree.  Well done WG!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

StrikeFIN #6 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8393 battles

Map tiers update sounds somewhat right direction.

I did not even test 5.2 update once, maybe I will be back on 5.3

Edited by StrikeFIN, 11 September 2018 - 05:10 PM.

Titus_Scato #7 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39153 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 11 September 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

Hy, it’s a yes from me, the approach to introduce new players more gradually sounds much better than the proposed decimation of the texh tree.  Well done WG!

I wonder if the tech tree streamlining has been cancelled, or only postponed... 

sixty_three #8 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12254 battles

I like the plan to introduce new maps gradually as players advance through the tiers.  Under the old system the number of new maps you had to learn exploded when you reached Tier III.  Pushing it up to Tier VI will make life for the newer players quite a bit simpler.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

syhrhys #9 Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 515 battles
  • [2NOOB]
Anyone else having troubles with your tank not going backwards and the scope now auto zooming in

2017serik2017 #10 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8202 battles
  • [DHEPR]
Ребята , незнаю куда обратится. Как связатся на прямую со службой поддержки. Хочу им написать что бы они сократили время для регистрацыи и входа команды в турнир. Появился турнир на три или пять дей вперед, заранее что бы могли создать команду в турнире и извещать о нем соклановцев заранее а не в последние 30 мин. 

StrikeFIN #11 Posted 11 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8393 battles

View PostTitus_Scato, on 11 September 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

I wonder if the tech tree streamlining has been cancelled, or only postponed... 

I think WG got some feedback from RU server players, and so.

llo1 #12 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25071 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 11 September 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Stop crying.

Even though you don't have the problems, trying to get WG to actually do something about them for lots of players might eventually get them to accept there is a problem and might shame them into actually doing something.

Simply sticking your head in the sand as you apparently do doesn't mean that there isn't a problem for lots of players!

I hope that you continue to never have, or believe there is a problem for some players......but when you do.....remember your current stance and keep your mouth shut as saying nothing means it isn't really happening!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Chairman_merpug #13 Posted 11 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35239 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postllo1, on 11 September 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

Even though you don't have the problems, trying to get WG to actually do something about them for lots of players might eventually get them to accept there is a problem and might shame them into actually doing something.

Simply sticking your head in the sand as you apparently do doesn't mean that there isn't a problem for lots of players!

I hope that you continue to never have, or believe there is a problem for some players......but when you do.....remember your current stance and keep your mouth shut as saying nothing means it isn't really happening!

If I have a problem, I'll log it. I get lag sometimes, usually when I've forgotten to change to the dedicated SSID and router I use for Blitz. Sometimes, though, it just happens. If it happened a lot, to me only, I'd check all my internal systems thoroughly. I doubt very much that Wargaming have a special team of people dedicated to frelling with your account.

Elserolf #14 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1770 battles
  • [CAZAR]

I am trying to enter the game and it tells me that there are no problems with the servers. Is there any maintenance right now?

Thanks.

Titus_Scato #15 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39153 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostStrikeFIN, on 11 September 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

I think WG got some feedback from RU server players, and so.

My 7 least favourite tech tree tanks in Blitz are the 7 Tier I tanks.  All of them were obsolete by 1939, and didn’t see any serious action in WW2, except as dug-in pillboxes.

Would be happy if WG deleted them all from the game and replaced them with tanks from Tier II, nerfed a little to make them Tier I’s.  That’s the only part of the WG tech tree streamlining plan that actually makes a lot of sense.  Newbies would be happier with stronger Tier I tanks IMO.

Like this:

T1 Cunningham > T2 Medium 

MS-1 > T-26

Leichtraktor > Pzkpw 35(t)

Medium I > Medium II

Renault Otsu > Type 95 Ha-Go

Renault FT > Renault D1

Renault NC31 > Vickers Mk.E Type B

(Most of the above Tier II’s would only need to lose their top turret and top gun to be rebalanced into Tier I’s.  No longer having a second researchable turret would make Tier I tanks simpler for new players to understand.)

Edited by Titus_Scato, 12 September 2018 - 03:15 PM.

Calisota_WG #16 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2133 battles
  • [WGPR]
why the Pz II as tier 1? no sense - better add Pz I - that was kinda obsolte but anyway participated in the french invasion - I mean, imagine somewhere in the future u would have to research Pz I C from Pz II :unsure: nonsense

I think you miss the point of the tier system - there could be a fcking VW Lupo as tier 6 with a MG 42 and if WG 'balances' it for that tier, that thing would be a tank.
It doesnt really matter if those tanks were used in the battle or not - I mean if you only want the used tanks in WW2, then say goodbye to 50% of tier 7 onward with 15% for each tier higher up.
the Leichttraktor was not used, yes, but so wasnt the VK 30.01 P not even the cool Panzer 3/4 - "The project was cancelled with only the blueprints developed, and no units were ever built."

Once again for everyone who didnt notice - I know this can be hard.. 
Wot Blitz is NOT a historically accurate tank simulator...
(omg call CNN, the world needs to know!) :trollface:
LDb55e5.png?1
Dam - How did I got this hint....:facepalm:

So what exactly annoys you to drive a tank that led to the researchment of tanks like we know them(tanky design, rotating turret on top,not rhombic) and started the production of tanks for warfare and awakend military interest in tank doctrines and not putting them as some sort of "new childish tech" to the cavalry as some minor addon. Those tanks are the mothertanks for each nation and literally STARTED the technological advancements of each nation in tank researchment.
WHAT brings you to the idea the Panzer II IS the BEGINNING of tank technology in germany? Or the D1 in france? or the T-26 in russia? :amazed:
lets stick a bit to germany -
Why not some other older tanks like the Oberschlesien from 1917?
Spoiler

Or why not the Leichter Kampfwagen series from 1917 to 1918?
Spoiler

or the big brother - the K-Wagen or Großkampfwagen from 1918?
Spoiler

or why not the  Pz I FAMILY that went through release, updating and enhancements ebfore the Pz II came?
Spoiler

There are quite many tanks before the Pz II and you want the techtree to START with a tank that doesnt even have the first designation?(Panzer 2 means there was a 1 before but you wanna have the number 2 as first tank?)

In the end it doesnt even count if yours or mine makes sense - Tier 1 is only for some historical 'fun' there, nobody plays Tier 1 for longer than 10 battles usually, because you have then everything unlocked usually and can easliy proceed to any tier 2 you want and there is no reason not to proceed - you are even forced to in the tutorial to proceed.
So why are you so extremely bothered by a Loltraktor to have it replaced asap? You wont need to play that tier ever again anyway :sceptic:

Edited by Calisota_WG, 12 September 2018 - 04:50 AM.

alessh77 #17 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 41709 battles
  • [SLO-1]

And here we go again ... no update in my Windows Store ...

How long will I have to wait this time??

What good is free premium account for a day if I can't update the client? 

::::::::::::::::::: Got plenty empty garage slots for storing spare parts :::::::::::::::::: 

Jammytwss212 #18 Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:32 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28148 battles
  • [TWSS]
  • To make battles more diverse, the map selection mechanism was updated. Now, the server stores the last ten maps you fought on and tries to select something new. Since it is not easy to satisfy the demands of all players, you can still get a map from your last ten. But even in this case, the system checks all maps, starting from those you played on most rarely.
  • FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

alessh77 #19 Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:33 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 41709 battles
  • [SLO-1]

View Postalessh77, on 12 September 2018 - 05:54 AM, said:

And here we go again ... no update in my Windows Store ...

How long will I have to wait this time??

What good is free premium account for a day if I can't update the client? 

I had to reinstall the whole client ... it's working now

::::::::::::::::::: Got plenty empty garage slots for storing spare parts :::::::::::::::::: 

viking3333 #20 Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 32216 battles
  • [SWE_F]

Same for Mac - first time it is take so long time - funny they wrote on Facebook "But we are releasing it in the shortest time possible"

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

McLintoch