Update 5.3

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

VarpusenI #161 Posted 06 October 2018 - 01:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18650 battles
  • [C-F]

Could you ensure that all players are loaded and ready to go when battle start counter reaches zero, it is very annoying when 10-20 seconds of game has passed and there are tanks at spawn still loading map.

Player_4847592806 #162 Posted 07 October 2018 - 08:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3757 battles
  • [-SD-]
great matchmaking again. just how do you manage to put all 70% wr platoons on the enemy side? alwas fewer clan mambers on my team and 60% wr ones on the enemy side. This game is so rigged it's useless to play

Jammytwss212 #163 Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:25 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28687 battles
  • [TWSS]
Could you please fix the equipment for tanks that have an autoloader and single shot gun options. I play the SP 1C with the single shot gun and would rather use a rammer than vents. Same with the m41 bulldog.

Fugit555 #164 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19070 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Ribblestripe

I have just recently watched a very recent uploaded video of the current Top Echelon Champs and Camaunet85 states that in forthcoming updates low tiers will be changed so much that if you haven't played them or ACE'd the then you won't be able to play or ACE them again. I would certainly like to have more details on this, as it clearly sounds like a major thing and I am entitled to know what changes are panned, rather than here it from a YouTuber.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill

War is hell...maybe

RibbleStripe #165 Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 302 battles
  • [WG]

View Postjylpah, on 04 October 2018 - 02:24 PM, said:

Hi RibbleStripe,

This is MASSIVE thing. The very first time WG is messing with Random MM and taking player stats into the picture. Did anyone even think that this should have been communicated clearly? I really welcome the change, Blitz must be made more welcoming for the new players. Otherwise players will leave right away thanks to salty old-timers.

I know there is the mentioning of bots, but there was no mentioning how long does this transition take and how WR / stats will be counted during these bot battles? Does the transition really take 5000 battles? WG needs to be more open about the change.

Here is the thing - these matchmaker change was one of the possible steps towards newcomers we'd announced before . In 5.3 we decided to do it in a test mode to track the stats and players feedback. We believe if we told about it before feedback would be affected. Also we don't claim any battle numbers because they can be changed.

sixty_three #166 Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostRibbleStripe, on 08 October 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Here is the thing - these matchmaker change was one of the possible steps towards newcomers we'd announced before . In 5.3 we decided to do it in a test mode to track the stats and players feedback. We believe if we told about it before feedback would be affected. Also we don't claim any battle numbers because they can be changed.

Ribblestripe,

Before the 'test mode' MM was introduced, mediocre experienced players like myself could choose to fight easy, moderate or hard battles by selecting a tier - lower for easy battles, high for hard ones.  This 'test mode' eliminated for me the choice of an easy battle, and reduced the number of tanks I could fight a moderately difficult contest.  Most battles became hard, and accordingly I played less.

However, because WG customer support then denied that any such MM change had been made, I later stopped playing Blitz. WG had lost my trust.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

harrier_77 #167 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39970 battles
  • [NX6]

View Postsixty_three, on 08 October 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

Ribblestripe,

Before the 'test mode' MM was introduced, mediocre experienced players like myself could choose to fight easy, moderate or hard battles by selecting a tier - lower for easy battles, high for hard ones.  This 'test mode' eliminated for me the choice of an easy battle, and reduced the number of tanks I could fight a moderately difficult contest.  Most battles became hard, and accordingly I played less.

However, because WG customer support then denied that any such MM change had been made, I later stopped playing Blitz. WG had lost my trust.

Glad to know I'm not the only one customer support lied to. I find it incomprehensible that a large organisation can blatantly mislead its customers. 

Shame on you wargaming.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Detroit_Devils #168 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 708 battles
  • [1RTR]

I am getting the feeling that the vast majority of players do not like this current mm model.

For experiment I try a T1 game. 7 minutes after waiting I still couldn’t get game. That’s because WG think I should not be playing T1 with my wr etc.

If I want to play T1 that is entirely up to me. This needs changing back.

jonty_2014 #169 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58122 battles
  • [EMRS]

View PostDetroit_Devils, on 08 October 2018 - 09:07 PM, said:

I am getting the feeling that the vast majority of players do not like this current mm model.

For experiment I try a T1 game. 7 minutes after waiting I still couldn’t get game. That’s because WG think I should not be playing T1 with my wr etc.

If I want to play T1 that is entirely up to me. This needs changing back.

677 games and couldn’t get a tier 1 game.... that’s bad WG.  Not good at all.

Fugit555 #170 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19070 battles
  • [FTC-1]

Ribblestripe

What exactly was the test mode that was introduced? Clearly it was more than announced and whilst I fully appreciate WG's IP rights on the MM, it would be interesting to know where and what this is leading to. I am not asking for any in-depth discussion on how MM works or for anyone from WG to disclose confidential and commercially sensitive information, but I, like many others, would like to know so I(we) can understand what is happening, If WG introduced something that had a major impact on the game, then just say so - there is nothing worse than not knowing the very basics which allows people to start thinking major conspiracy theories.

Also, please for the love of the game, tell us that WG has dropped the very silly idea of rejigging lines 1-5 and making them all prem tanks. If not, then please tell us that we shall not lose those tanks we obtained fairly and squarely or that we will receive major compensation if this happens.

Edited by Fugit555, 09 October 2018 - 04:56 AM.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill

War is hell...maybe

Amaunet85 #171 Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 28881 battles
  • [-GNA-]

View PostFugit555, on 08 October 2018 - 03:59 AM, said:

Ribblestripe

I have just recently watched a very recent uploaded video of the current Top Echelon Champs and Camaunet85 states that in forthcoming updates low tiers will be changed so much that if you haven't played them or ACE'd the then you won't be able to play or ACE them again. I would certainly like to have more details on this, as it clearly sounds like a major thing and I am entitled to know what changes are panned, rather than here it from a YouTuber.

"And it might be that tanks are disappearing" is what I said, literally. I've said that since the lower tiers are changing, but the thing is that we don't know how or what or when exactly, I'm focusing on acing my low tier tanks because I might not have a chance to do it later, because, as I said in the video, tanks might disappear. The proposed changes we saw in open test a few months ago showed that certain tanks had been removed from the game altogether, so I'm just not taking any chances there. I want a perfect record eventually with all tanks aced, and that means making a bit of extra effort now to get those aces, just in the case that some of those tanks do disappear like the open test showed originally.

Edited by Amaunet85, 09 October 2018 - 10:15 AM.

geomal #172 Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29858 battles
  • [-GRC-]
Amaunet85 please when you transmit games use the full screen option in your transmittions. Your chat covers too much of the total screen even in full screen mode. Thanks 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users