Update 5.3

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

sneq2299 #21 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49875 battles
  • [-SV-]

after update, i can see white bar above all green tanks / reload indicator.

how to turn it off? i've searched in settings but couldn't find it

sadavo1 #22 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1476 battles
  • [UEUA]
Где сундуки ?. Они исчезли.! 

geomal #23 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29398 battles
  • [GRECA]

1 question: In which update will you make usable the excess tier crew experience w/o gold of course. Its totally annoying to have 3-3 millions excess crew xp and not to be able to do anything with it  

Plus, please do something for all these 2-3 K battles players that occupy tier VIII to X, They ruin the battles there. Please, limit them up to tier VII

Edited by geomal, 12 September 2018 - 08:51 AM.

MaXSty1er #24 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 391 battles
  • [WG]

View Post2017serik2017, on 11 September 2018 - 09:53 PM, said:

Ребята , незнаю куда обратится. Как связатся на прямую со службой поддержки. Хочу им написать что бы они сократили время для регистрацыи и входа команды в турнир. Появился турнир на три или пять дей вперед, заранее что бы могли создать команду в турнире и извещать о нем соклановцев заранее а не в последние 30 мин. 

Напишите в лс сюда

View Postsneq2299, on 12 September 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

after update, i can see white bar above all green tanks / reload indicator.

how to turn it off? i've searched in settings but couldn't find it

It's a bug, we'll fix it

sneq2299 #25 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:24 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49875 battles
  • [-SV-]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 12 September 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

It's a bug, we'll fix it

good to hear that, I was just about to submit a ticket...

romsitsa #26 Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40132 battles
  • [VG]

Hello, made a new account to test iter I-II. In the tutorial stage the MS-1 single shot gun has the machine gun sound, most noticeably when in sniper view.

Bots are a welcome addition, although I'd suggest some refinements. Three green bots stopped when they lost visual contact with reds and didn't start again even after I spotted remaining reds. Also the bots I encountered aim too damn good. They have god like accuracy even on the move (full speed and or turning).

A

petrolhead63 #27 Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43686 battles
  • [REQ]
I think there’s a bug with chat and recordings. I prefer team chat only so set it to that in controls ‘other’ and previously it would retain that setting when I logged off the game and back in. But it’s resetting it to team and general (global) every time I log off and back in. Also recordings are default set to off and 50 and when I’ve set to on and 100 as soon as I log off and back in it resets it to off and 50. Bit of a pain having to do it every gaming session so I think it must be a bug?

You're only as good as your last battle.

RynnivaTykki #28 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 49022 battles
  • [KORPI]

View Postalessh77, on 12 September 2018 - 07:33 AM, said:

I had to reinstall the whole client ... it's working now

How large is the download? For me Microsoft Store only downloads 8MB chunks before giving an error and pause. And again ang again... never completes.

sadavo1 #29 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1476 battles
  • [UEUA]
Где сундуки ?. Они исчезли.! 

Calisota_WG #30 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2133 battles
  • [WGPR]

Yeah, three bugs experienced so far:
1: matchmaker is annoyed by the new limitations and takes sometimes a lot longer than usual, even with 150 users in queue and 28 players in tier X tanks I have to wait even longer. Dont know if MM waits for a new map or so...(not a real bug I know, but WG praises to keep the waiting time as short as possible so maybe that is unwanted side effect. Im not that bothered to wait - on pc systems u have to wait usually around 45sec to join a good game)

2: Settings arent kept - not the Server not the Options. whenever I close the client I have to use 'magic' for testservers again and settings arent kept like replays, volume(can be really annoying and the only other one I know doing that is Valve), custom controls arent kept and need everytime re-defined. thats very annoying.
3: For some reason I had around 06-07:00 a very high package loss rate but good ping and on other hand sometimes very bad ping but no loss and in both cases my tank just stopped working. no movement at all, except the turret could rotate in a 4° yaw. I was then fast-food for the reds who could play fine and kill me just as fine and greens also drove fine and chat was fine and I got all the insults for going afk or not shooting and assumingly 'rigging the game for red':ohmy:

Boooooombastic #31 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24012 battles
  • [_KING]
probably not the right place to post this, but is update working for Microsoft 10 yet, I still haven't been able to update, working on my kindle for Amazon but not my Pc windows 10 any news on this.

Titus_Scato #32 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39153 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostCalisota_WG, on 12 September 2018 - 04:47 AM, said:

why the Pz II as tier 1? no sense - better add Pz I - that was kinda obsolte but anyway participated in the french invasion - I mean, imagine somewhere in the future u would have to research Pz I C from Pz II :unsure: nonsense
I think you miss the point of the tier system - there could be a fcking VW Lupo as tier 6 with a MG 42 and if WG 'balances' it for that tier, that thing would be a tank.
It doesnt really matter if those tanks were used in the battle or not - I mean if you only want the used tanks in WW2, then say goodbye to 50% of tier 7 onward with 15% for each tier higher up.
the Leichttraktor was not used, yes, but so wasnt the VK 30.01 P not even the cool Panzer 3/4 - "The project was cancelled with only the blueprints developed, and no units were ever built."

Once again for everyone who didnt notice - I know this can be hard.. 
Wot Blitz is NOT a historically accurate tank simulator...
(omg call CNN, the world needs to know!) :trollface:
Dam - How did I got this hint....:facepalm:

So what exactly annoys you to drive a tank that led to the researchment of tanks like we know them(tanky design, rotating turret on top,not rhombic) and started the production of tanks for warfare and awakend military interest in tank doctrines and not putting them as some sort of "new childish tech" to the cavalry as some minor addon. Those tanks are the mothertanks for each nation and literally STARTED the technological advancements of each nation in tank researchment.

WHAT brings you to the idea the Panzer II IS the BEGINNING of tank technology in germany? Or the D1 in france? or the T-26 in russia? :amazed:
lets stick a bit to germany -
Why not some other older tanks like the Oberschlesien from 1917?

why not the Leichter Kampfwagen series from 1917 to 1918?

or the big brother - the K-Wagen or Großkampfwagen from 1918?

or why not the  Pz I FAMILY that went through release, updating and enhancements ebfore the Pz II came?
Spoiler

There are quite many tanks before the Pz II and you want the techtree to START with a tank that doesnt even have the first designation?(Panzer 2 means there was a 1 before but you wanna have the number 2 as first tank?)

In the end it doesnt even count if yours or mine makes sense - Tier 1 is only for some historical 'fun' there, nobody plays Tier 1 for longer than 10 battles usually, because you have then everything unlocked usually and can easliy proceed to any tier 2 you want and there is no reason not to proceed - you are even forced to in the tutorial to proceed.
So why are you so extremely bothered by a Loltraktor to have it replaced asap? You wont need to play that tier ever again anyway :sceptic:

Why am I bothered?  I am thinking about the new players, not about myself.  I won’t play a Tier I again unless it’s a new tank.

First impressions of a game are very important to new players.  20% of players quit after playing the tutorial, according to WG.   So having better Tier I tanks, that don’t look and feel like complete piles of useless crap, would make a better first impression.

Blitz cannot have WW1 tanks as tech tree Tier I’s because the Russians, Japanese and Chinese don’t have any suitable WW1 tanks.  WW1 is the beginning of tank history, but a bad source of Blitz tech tree tanks.  Only good for temporary events, like the Mark I Heavy.

The Pz.Kpfw. I would be a good Tier I German tank - I even posted a thread suggesting it a few months back.  

But WG are extremely unlikely to be bothered putting it in the game, the modelling is too much work for a Tier I tank.

Only new nations will get new Tier I’s.

Even the Pz.Kpfw 35(t) would make an acceptable Tier I, if it had the top turret and top gun (2.0 cm autoloader) removed.  Actually, from a simplicity point of view, it’s a better choice than the Pz.Kpfw II.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 12 September 2018 - 03:18 PM.

MaXSty1er #33 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 391 battles
  • [WG]

View Postromsitsa, on 12 September 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

Hello, made a new account to test iter I-II. In the tutorial stage the MS-1 single shot gun has the machine gun sound, most noticeably when in sniper view.

Bots are a welcome addition, although I'd suggest some refinements. Three green bots stopped when they lost visual contact with reds and didn't start again even after I spotted remaining reds. Also the bots I encountered aim too damn good. They have god like accuracy even on the move (full speed and or turning).

A

I tried too. Bots are not really bad, but yeah, sometimes the just stopped.

View Postpetrolhead63, on 12 September 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

I think there’s a bug with chat and recordings. I prefer team chat only so set it to that in controls ‘other’ and previously it would retain that setting when I logged off the game and back in. But it’s resetting it to team and general (global) every time I log off and back in. Also recordings are default set to off and 50 and when I’ve set to on and 100 as soon as I log off and back in it resets it to off and 50. Bit of a pain having to do it every gaming session so I think it must be a bug?

What platform do you use? We'll check it

petrolhead63 #34 Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 43686 battles
  • [REQ]

View PostMaXSty1er, on 12 September 2018 - 02:55 PM, said:

I tried too. Bots are not really bad, but yeah, sometimes the just stopped.

What platform do you use? We'll check it

I’m on iOS, brand new 6th generation iPad. 

You're only as good as your last battle.

repelsteeltje232 #35 Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15446 battles
  • [KLS]
Any problems in the google playstore known?

I cannot update my game via the playstore.
I have deleted the game and reinstalled it multiple times, butt it still says that my current launcher is not up-to-date.

SeekerPl #36 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6435 battles
  • [-PGS-]
The update can be but there is one stipulation after for her adding I have a strange mistake and he isn't from my probably sides this mistake consists in the fact that in the course of the battle he is throwing out from the game, the game is simply cutting itself and green ping Internet of also twenty-four hours permanent 60-50 of ping and suddenly is throwing out from it isn't known why today threw me as many as 3 out times and yesterday nothing everything great well acted but after installing the update something happened.

Steven_Brettell #37 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20243 battles
  • [LAGER]
Anyone had issues with control settings? I have mine set for keyboard and mouse on my Surface Pro. When I close and come back to it, setting are changed to Touch, I then have to reset. A bug I guess.

Polkandrus #38 Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11902 battles
  • [PL-00]
Лагает очень сильно. В чем суть 5.3?????

S1p401 #39 Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26162 battles

View Postpetrolhead63, on 12 September 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

I’m on iOS, brand new 6th generation iPad. 

iOS here too and replays goes to off position. S.it have to edit that prof pic, game is great again!

Edited by S1p401, 12 September 2018 - 05:27 PM.

Calisota_WG #40 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2133 battles
  • [WGPR]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 12 September 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Why am I bothered?  I am thinking about the new players, not about myself.  I won’t play a Tier I again unless it’s a new tank.

First impressions of a game are very important to new players.  20% of players quit after playing the tutorial, according to WG.   So having better Tier I tanks, that don’t look and feel like complete piles of useless crap, would make a better first impression.

Blitz cannot have WW1 tanks as tech tree Tier I’s because the Russians, Japanese and Chinese don’t have any suitable WW1 tanks.  WW1 is the beginning of tank history, but a bad source of Blitz tech tree tanks.  Only good for temporary events, like the Mark I Heavy.

The Pz.Kpfw. I would be a good Tier I German tank - I even posted a thread suggesting it a few months back.  

But WG are extremely unlikely to be bothered putting it in the game, the modelling is too much work for a Tier I tank.

Only new nations will get new Tier I’s.

Even the Pz.Kpfw 35(t) would make an acceptable Tier I, if it had the top turret and top gun (2.0 cm autoloader) removed.  Actually, from a simplicity point of view, it’s a better choice than the Pz.Kpfw II.

THose new gents wont quit because they dont like the tier 1 tank - most dont even know what a PzKpfw. 35 (t) is - they most likely get interested in tank history AFTER they like the game and inform themselves about it.
Most quit because it's not a fiveminute game.
Thou have to grind and struggle
square and slayeth...

Blitz is an unusual mobile game - its quite complex and wants you to stay longer than most apps - Blitz is not an idle game you can play next to your office job, it wants full attention, full concentration or else you lose.
its can be very frustrating if you dont give your best or have the wrong mindset.
Its not the look of the starter tank.
have you ever played a game where the starter was nice?
Like a browser game like Deepolis or Dark Orbit? are the starters there nice? no, they are clumsy and puny.
or lets say the first ship in Everspace? your First ride in Need For Speed? Your first rolling pile of sht from the second hand dealer in Grand Tourismo? The first ship in World of Warships? The tier 1s of World of Tanks Console or PC?
Is ANYTHING you begin with nice?
the first suit in Dead Space? or your first weapon in Half Life?(okay, ill admit the crowbar is epic), your first house in Sims? your first population in SimCity? 

It doesnt matter whats your companion you start with - its nothing you stick to throughout the game like in Pokemon? It doesnt bond with you or has emotions like your puppy in Nintendogs. Whats the crucial thing to decide, is what expectations you give them.
I wanted to have the jageru - that massive gun, that humongous armor, that brutal tracks - a legend amongst the most determined killers and even tho i didnt like the Pz Jäg. I or the Marder II, I played them. I played them and tried to learn a bit from them, I had frustration built up in StuG or Jagdpanther, I loved the Jagdpanther II and I hated the jagdtiger(which burned by every sngle shot and in my old days u couldnt re-use ur tools, so after the second time you were helpless)
and god was I proud when I got my Jagdpanzer auf E100. The moment when I saw what I achieved is the reason I stuck to the game and grinded the others, drove them, hated them, loved them, cursed them, praised them...

It should be clear to you before you download what you get. Blitz should be advertised as a strategic and long-play tactic shooter in a 3D environment, with needed skills in teamplay, being able to make the right descision in fast paced battles, being able to build up a clan or join one, find something like a small tanker-family, participating in rated battles to test your skills under harder circumstances, and playing tournaments which cna lead to the Offline World Championship against the best of the best, fighting for real prizes like a lot of money and hardware. Its not a easy join game, you need your time to find your place, set up your account, choose your tank, your nation, find your playstyle and train hard.

If you dont know that above and install blitz in the hope of just opening the app, having over 300 tanks to choose from, playing some easy battles on some easy to ride maps and getting to work again after 5min, closing the app and after an hour being able to go on excatly where you left - If thats your expectation of the game, then not even a E100 as a Tier 1 will change the fact that you are completely overloaded with the complexity of the game and the struggle to get good. You can set the T-14 Armata as tier 1 but no one of those above will care because they dont care. they could be driving hover tanks with railguns against choppers with laserbeams and would not care-  those search jsut some fast fun for less then 10minutes and nothing more. And THAT is the crucial point WG should work on. Communicating that Blitz is indeed faster than the big Brother on PC or Console, but still a long march and exhausting struggle but paying off after all with awesome tanks to research and drive.

thats why it doesnt matter that the Leichtraktor is not a wartank but more a prototype. it adds to the feel that you start with something small and when u take ur first look in the techtree and see the mass of tanks and watching them closely getting beigger until the result in monsters like Jageru, E100 or the Maus is THE descision-making point. "Holy fck, this little trashcan evolves into THAT? what? I ned THAT!!" - thats the feel WG should create and aim for. :B

Edited by Calisota_WG, 13 September 2018 - 03:50 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users

McLintoch