toxic gameplay

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Fugit555 #41 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]
Alas it is the nature of the game, some guy gets wiped out within the first 30 secs and everyone else is to blame. I am not saying that I dont lose my rag on occasion of course I do I am after all only human, but I have never felt compelled to tell people to get cancer and die or other such stuff. Being called a noob is rather funny, especially when the person calling is in a fact a noob. The thing that bugs me is how toxic is does get - now if everyone only called people moron, noob or imbecile then fair enough - to but to take it to a level that in normal circumstances would result in a right royal chinning is just too much.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

Chairman_merpug #42 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46922 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostFugit555, on 28 September 2018 - 09:53 AM, said:

Alas it is the nature of the game, some guy gets wiped out within the first 30 secs and everyone else is to blame. I am not saying that I dont lose my rag on occasion of course I do I am after all only human, but I have never felt compelled to tell people to get cancer and die or other such stuff. Being called a noob is rather funny, especially when the person calling is in a fact a noob. The thing that bugs me is how toxic is does get - now if everyone only called people moron, noob or imbecile then fair enough - to but to take it to a level that in normal circumstances would result in a right royal chinning is just too much.

Yeah, the keyboard warriors. With their "Well done on your Type 2" cards and squeaky voices.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

llo1 #43 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28645 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 27 September 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

I love games where some git starts crying at me when he dies early about noobs and I end up carrying.

That is a brill scenario....but I seem to die early, get called all sorts of noobs, and we lose......but always seem to score more that the majority of the rest of the team.

And in their eyes it is still my fault we lose, and my fault that they scored pathetically!

_OMG_66 #44 Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13179 battles
  • [HFORC]
People get frustrated with being dumped with poor players. So improve your play. Watch you tube on how to play the tank. Look at the map. Use the all round vision control, think how you can help team, etc. With the way game mechanics work players can become very angry.

Chairman_merpug #45 Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 46922 battles
  • [AFK]

View Post_OMG_66, on 29 September 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

People get frustrated with being dumped with poor players. So improve your play. Watch you tube on how to play the tank. Look at the map. Use the all round vision control, think how you can help team, etc. With the way game mechanics work players can become very angry.

The players exhibiting the greatest frustration are, more often than not, pretty useless themselves and in denial about it. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

ernstbarkmqn #46 Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22166 battles
  • [_IK_]

Had enough. First and last pist on here.

Im sick of the abuse. Noob, delete gane, play tetris, im a moron, im a pathetic loser etc etc etc. No, im not.

At 6ft5 and 17 stone, i like to think i can defend myself. But online, it seems anyone can be a bully or abusive or disrespectful or just damn rude. Yet there is no comeback to it. Reporting them is a waste of time. Today i was called arrogant and a pathetic loser. My stats are lousy etc etc. He had actually played 43000 games so perhaps this is all he has in his life. Yet again, im reading messages from some dumb uneducated Moron who didnt even have the dignity to accept my initial apology if i had offended him by playing badly in someway, which was my opening gambit. Engagement didnt wirk so i let rip.

i dont need WoT to be happy so im doing as suggested and deleting my account. Not for the many prats out there who think its okay to

be vile. No, for my own sanity and health. I refuse to give them a window of opportunity to be arrogant, rude, aggressive and free to 

continue without any consequence anymore. I'll stick to my successful career, raising my son and playing chess instead.

Ernst B

Psychovadge #47 Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 46389 battles
  • [VG]

View Posternstbarkmqn, on 20 October 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Had enough. First and last pist on here.

Im sick of the abuse. Noob, delete gane, play tetris, im a moron, im a pathetic loser etc etc etc. No, im not.

At 6ft5 and 17 stone, i like to think i can defend myself. But online, it seems anyone can be a bully or abusive or disrespectful or just damn rude. Yet there is no comeback to it. Reporting them is a waste of time. Today i was called arrogant and a pathetic loser. My stats are lousy etc etc. He had actually played 43000 games so perhaps this is all he has in his life. Yet again, im reading messages from some dumb uneducated Moron who didnt even have the dignity to accept my initial apology if i had offended him by playing badly in someway, which was my opening gambit. Engagement didnt wirk so i let rip.

i dont need WoT to be happy so im doing as suggested and deleting my account. Not for the many prats out there who think its okay to

be vile. No, for my own sanity and health. I refuse to give them a window of opportunity to be arrogant, rude, aggressive and free to 

continue without any consequence anymore. I'll stick to my successful career, raising my son and playing chess instead.

Ernst B

Switch off chat....simples, that’s what I did. Player sent me really vile abuse about killing my family and I reported him, he promptly got a 5 day (iirc) chat ban when I think he deserved a lot more. Like professional football, players are abusive because they get away with it. WG won’t turn off the money tap so unless they annoy a lot of people they do nothing. I was starting to get wound up by all the cretins, which is not like me and switched off chat...happy days now. Occasionally you get a couple of downvotes from a salty platoon on greens or reds but that’s about it, makes for a more enjoyable experience. Teams are still sh ite though :)

Fugit555 #48 Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]
Seriously, please do not let these idiotic trolls get to you. In most cases they die first and then try to mask their incompetence by blaming others. Just ignore them and then report them. Not easy I know, but I generally just reply by saying ‘lol mein general I bask in ur awesomeness’

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

Dreadbane #49 Posted 20 October 2018 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25234 battles

View Postsixty_three, on 27 September 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

An "absolutely untrustworthy player" according to the Military Honour system.

I read his dialogue and judging by some of the words after the eff-you's...English is not his first language.

Perhaps he was practicing :teethhappy:his pronunciation? 

Dreadbane #50 Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 25234 battles

In-game saltiness does not often get a comeback from me...but garage chat does and it usually goes somethig like this:

PlayerXYZ: You f***ing noob...delete the game...play barbie...play tetris...moron...idiot...(etc etc and usually more toxic)

Me: I'm sorry...I think you have mistaken me for somebody else?

Player XYZ: No you f***ing 40% WR noob...you were in the T95 and you did not follow me to hill and I died...(etc etc)

Me: No...what I mean is that you have mistaken me for somebody who gives a sh*t about your opinion and stats.

Then I bask in the silence...or the explosion that follows, knowing that we both know that he got shafted.

Precariat #51 Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15273 battles
  • [B-B-B]

Some folks take this game way too seriously. In my experience it's 60%+ WR players who are the most toxic, they couldn't carry so it's my fault it seems. I turn off battle chat regularly but the messages after the battle I can only block after the abuse. Would like to disable that, chatting to my clan and friends is preferable.

No time for those other idiots!

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

Denii #52 Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26862 battles
  • [KS-AL]
Yup, turn off the chat. I see plenty of player don't care whether they win or lose, whether they contribute or not in the battle. All they want is to just press the battle button and wander around. Not much you will gain from having the chat open.

soulinthemachine #53 Posted 22 October 2018 - 02:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47212 battles
  • [TENC]
I type ‘crybaby ‘ if people start whining at the last few players. Or no when someone says report. If someone is really a bad player in how I see him in the game ( stupid drunk type level or wandering aimlessly) I sort of feel bad for them. 

Edited by soulinthemachine, 22 October 2018 - 02:31 PM.

efoster29 #54 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 56040 battles
  • [BKRAP]

As the opposite of the above, if I get a thumbs up from a player I usually send them a message with ' thanks for the vote' and in most cases get a  :-  ;), 'you played well,you deserved it' or 'np' (no problem) response which makes up for the small minority who are salty and gives you a moral boost. It sometimes leads to having quite a pleasant after battle chat and you end up thinking well not everyone is has bad.

Fugit555 #55 Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]

View Postefoster29, on 24 October 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

As the opposite of the above, if I get a thumbs up from a player I usually send them a message with ' thanks for the vote' and in most cases get a  :-  ;), 'you played well,you deserved it' or 'np' (no problem) response which makes up for the small minority who are salty and gives you a moral boost. It sometimes leads to having quite a pleasant after battle chat and you end up thinking well not everyone is has bad.

The majority of players are really great and its a very small minority that are not. When I get the normal comments I normally reply as follows:

Report! - Response: Why?

Get cancer & die - Response: You first and Ill follow your lead

Mther XXX - Response: You read me so well

Go play tetris - Response: Already do, its far more challenging than this conversation

Noob - Response: What does that mean?

They all tend to work for me

Edited by Fugit555, 24 October 2018 - 06:00 PM.

Also tagged with toxic, gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users