• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Titus_Scato #21 Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostPlayer_4847592806, on 17 September 2018 - 03:10 PM, said:

What if the team loses because of that? Some think they are too slow to go up hill so they are faster going through and empty town and then up hill. In the end they might get lucky and have full HP against 1-2 reds. They win and think what a great game they had... Next time they will do the same. Quite logic...

It’s quite rare for the town to be completely empty.  Normally at least 1 red goes that way, or stays in spawn.  And if not, in a TOG I would stay in town and cap the base rather than go up the hill, in order to persuade the reds to come to me, rather than me trying futilely to chase them.

I do the same in any tank slower than 24 kph.  (Which includes all the AT series TDS.)

Player_4847592806 #22 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 17 September 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

It’s quite rare for the town to be completely empty.  Normally at least 1 red goes that way, or stays in spawn.  And if not, in a TOG I would stay in town and cap the base rather than go up the hill, in order to persuade the reds to come to me, rather than me trying futilely to chase them.

I do the same in any tank slower than 24 kph.  (Which includes all the AT series TDS.)

So let's say you meet 3 Reds in town, your team loses its best player then they cap and the geniuses on your team go down one by one. They manage it but they die... How this strategy is supposed to work I have no idea, except against noobs.

Edited by Player_4847592806, 17 September 2018 - 07:07 PM.

Titus_Scato #23 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41801 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostPlayer_4847592806, on 17 September 2018 - 07:06 PM, said:

So let's say you meet 3 Reds in town, your team loses its best player then they cap and the geniuses on your team go down one by one. They manage it but they die... How this strategy is supposed to work I have no idea, except against noobs.

Why would my team go down to the cap one by one?  They would almost certainly kill the 4 reds on the hill first, becoming very aggressive once they realise they have superior numbers, probably losing only 1 or 2 of their own in the process, and then they would all head for the cap.  Sure, one fast light might die resetting the cap, but then it’s 3 on 3 and could go either way.

Colmain595 #24 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 42177 battles
  • [KRH]

I agree with the OP, in that I've noticed an increase in the amount of verbal during in game chat.  I'm not bothered by it, whether it's directed at me or not, I don't care.  I always take the opportunity to down vote such people and I've been receiving notifications that my down votes have resulted in warning a lot more recently to.  

Its also great to wind such people up.  Remind them it's only a game and stats don't matter, they mental lol.

RingPing #25 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4735 battles
  • [RIH]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 17 September 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

You should try and be a little more imaginative in your insults.  Something like:

‘May the fleas of a thousand rats infest your private parts.’

or:

’May you return from your next holiday with flesh-eating maggots in your ears.’

or:

’May your girlfriend give you every STD known to man.’

or:

’May all your previous girlfriends accuse you of rape.’

;)

Here's my personal favourite trigger sentence, usually if someone trash talks me after battle, since apparently things like this is now a recognised mental issue called gaming disorder, 

"The NHS provides free therapy sessions for those who suffer gaming disorder, you can book a session with your local hospital at any time."

It always works.

Edited by RingPing, 17 September 2018 - 07:36 PM.

Chairman_merpug #26 Posted 17 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42303 battles
  • [AFK]
Had a game on Port Bay yesterday, with a bunch of hopeless campers. T-150 started ranting about noob teams. Checked his stats. Woo! 43% messaged him congratulating him on his expertise in the area.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Peddy_tanj_it #27 Posted 17 September 2018 - 10:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 52668 battles
  • [TANG]

Pointless all. Remember 

"Do Not Feed The TROLLS!"

Do not respond to them ignore and block. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Precariat #28 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:12 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15257 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 17 September 2018 - 06:49 PM, said:

You can go Hill in slow tanks if they are willing to play defensive and not yolo into the reds, not sure about TOG as that is the slowest? But I have done it successfully in Churchills and British TD. At the very least you can cover the hill slope.

Yesterday did see someone say report Panther. I ask why? Because he go solo, or in other words he flanked while the team yolo into the reds. I did try to point out that going solo is not a reportable but no answer to that. I hope he didn't get reported

Edited by Precariat, 18 September 2018 - 07:15 AM.

When you can't walk, you crawl and when you can't crawl anymore somebody will carry you

sixty_three #29 Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostPrecariat, on 18 September 2018 - 07:12 AM, said:

You can go Hill in slow tanks if they are willing to play defensive and not yolo into the reds, not sure about TOG as that is the slowest? But I have done it successfully in Churchills and British TD. At the very least you can cover the hill slope.

Yesterday did see someone say report Panther. I ask why? Because he go solo, or in other words he flanked while the team yolo into the reds. I did try to point out that going solo is not a reportable but no answer to that. I hope he didn't get reported

I have also done it successfully in Churchills and AT’s.

On most maps, if I’m driving a reasonably mobile tank, I’ll immediately set out in a direction I think is best for the tank given the relative team position.  If the rest of the team mills around, starts disputing with itself where to go, etc., I just take cover on the flank and try and do some useful spotting.  And yes, this does occasionally get commented upon from people who presumably may think I’m a solo yolo artiste.  If a more thoughtful commentators does this politely, I will reply to them.  The ones that go “report [whatever I’m driving]” I just regard as a troll to be ignored.  

Here’s a replay of a battle today where I flanked on Copperfield and received a non-trollish comment.

http://wotinspector.com/en/replays/view/33d44827b557ab6f86876a3baa8ece2f

Overall I’m not seeing an upsurge in in-game trolling, but I don’t play rating battles or top-tier contests, nor do I play late in the evening following advice from Mjr_Eazy.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Fugit555 #30 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24553 battles
  • [49DIV]

Here is probably the best example of how effective battlefield communication works

http://wotinspector....1e2db58eff23d61

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

sixty_three #31 Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12321 battles

View PostFugit555, on 27 September 2018 - 10:26 AM, said:

Here is probably the best example of how effective battlefield communication works

http://wotinspector....1e2db58eff23d61

An "absolutely untrustworthy player" according to the Military Honour system.

One of life’s challenges — knowing enough to think you are right, but not enough to know that you are wrong.

Fugit555 #32 Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24553 battles
  • [49DIV]

View Postsixty_three, on 27 September 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

An "absolutely untrustworthy player" according to the Military Honour system.

An Absolute muppet if you ask me

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

efoster29 #33 Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 51810 battles
  • [BKRAP]

A charming character if ever there was !

Chairman_merpug #34 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42303 battles
  • [AFK]
I love games where some git starts crying at me when he dies early about noobs and I end up carrying.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Harrier_77 #35 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52591 battles
  • [49DIV]

Had some chap earlier in a super pershing on yamato harbour absolutely lashing me all battle coz he died and decided I was at fault, I was in t28...slow as fck, but he seemed to think I was on rocket power. Turned out that me and a t49 managed to take 3 supremacy bases between us and hold off the reds, we took out 3 of them in the process...hence we won.

Was this enough? No, super pershing carried it on in garage chat... to the point where he told me in a coarse manner how he was going to do deal with my mom via her 'back door'.  (He was a bit more blunt than that). The fact that my old dear is in her 70's is neither here nor there... but long story short, I snap shotted the whole lot and sent a ticket in to wg......boom bang, an hour later he's chat banned for a fortnight... now everytime I log in I send him a little teaser message, knowing he can't use chat in or out of battle.....i can envisage the rage and frustrated he must be feeling :)

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Fugit555 #36 Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24553 battles
  • [49DIV]
Irony is that if he put as much effort into his game as he did showing off his typing skills he wouldnt have been ko'd from the off - but he was and therefore it was everyone elses fault - although to be fair it wasnt the best teamwork in the world, KV3 was a non entity, that i freely admit... but to then rain abuse for a whole 2 minutes of a 4 min game is just class

DumbApe #37 Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23511 battles
  • [HRG]

View Postharrier_77, on 27 September 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

... but long story short, I snap shotted the whole lot and sent a ticket in to wg......boom bang, an hour later he's chat banned for a fortnight... 

How do you know? WG never seem to share this info usually

Old dog with new tricks ...  and a stupid number of tanks. Not totally sh*te at this game but still working on it 

Clan commander Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Harrier_77 #38 Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 52591 battles
  • [49DIV]

View PostDumbApe, on 27 September 2018 - 08:04 PM, said:

How do you know? WG never seem to share this info usually

one of his clan buddies told me... seemed to think he was untouchable, and it proper peeved him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind banter, I dont mind criticism and I dont mind being given stick. But when it's a constant tirade of personal vile mouthed attacks during the whole game and for a good 5 mins in garage...i take exception.

Edited by harrier_77, 27 September 2018 - 08:40 PM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Chairman_merpug #39 Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42303 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postharrier_77, on 27 September 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

Had some chap earlier in a super pershing on yamato harbour absolutely lashing me all battle coz he died and decided I was at fault, I was in t28...slow as fck, but he seemed to think I was on rocket power. Turned out that me and a t49 managed to take 3 supremacy bases between us and hold off the reds, we took out 3 of them in the process...hence we won.

Was this enough? No, super pershing carried it on in garage chat... to the point where he told me in a coarse manner how he was going to do deal with my mom via her 'back door'.  (He was a bit more blunt than that). The fact that my old dear is in her 70's is neither here nor there... but long story short, I snap shotted the whole lot and sent a ticket in to wg......boom bang, an hour later he's chat banned for a fortnight... now everytime I log in I send him a little teaser message, knowing he can't use chat in or out of battle.....i can envisage the rage and frustrated he must be feeling :)

You wicked, wicked man :D

Vesta_Chicken_Supreme #40 Posted 28 September 2018 - 06:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9494 battles
  • [DISKS]
I’m a crap player and I regularly get crap on and off the field. Happily in real life I curse like a sailor so it gets a bit salty. What I find that boils my piss is the bad fecking English. ‘Looser’ WTF....if ya can’t spell ‘loser’ feck off.  Also those guys with 30k games and 60% win rates really should be used to losing one or two but then their garages are full of tier 1-4 seal clubbers and that’s where they get the kills. They also almost always die early on, killed by a one shot KV2 cause they have driven straight into the Red pack.  

Also tagged with toxic, gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users