• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

RibbleStripe #1 Posted 08 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 302 battles
  • [WG]

Blitz horror story

One of the best tactics is to sow fear and panic among your enemies from the very beginning. A high caliber, thick armor, a nickname with a huge number of exclamation marks and, of course, "dreadful" camouflage are well suited for this! Update 5.4 will also bring the brand-new "Halloween" attachments and warpaints.

Full news text

Balance Improvements in Update 5.4

In the new update, we improved the characteristics of some vehicles based on the server statistics and your feedback. Changes were made to vehicles from the in-game Store and some researchable vehicles.

Full news text

Update 5.4

Update 5.4 will bring interface and balance improvements, new attachments and camouflages, as well as fixes and changes you asked for! New vehicles, map, battle type with mod... oops, wrong news. You didn't see anything, okay?

Full news text

Tankers!

In update 4.8 we brought in additional protection against cheaters. In order to avoid accidental bans we strongly recommended not to use any modifications. In update 5.4 risk to get banned for harmless modifications fell away.

Please keep in mind that:

- we still don't recommend using modifications because they affect game client performance;
- we are not responsible for modifications' functioning, don't support and don't explain how to install or use them;
- modifications affecting gameplay and providing battle advantages are still forbidden. Using such modifications will cause measures according to the game rules.

Good luck on the battlefield!

Jammytwss212 #2 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28687 battles
  • [TWSS]
Ffs

bunnybun123 #3 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12048 battles
  • [FTC-1]
This is old news, right? Thought we would get more info about the upcoming update :(

Nexuo #4 Posted 08 October 2018 - 09:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 674 battles
  • [FTC-5]
I read this news article as a casual player. My impression was: I had no clue what it was about and what it's good for. All I know it's it wants me to buy things in which I hardly see any merit in.
Yup, sounds like Wargaming indeed! :harp: Carry on!

Sons_Of_Arthritis #5 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5867 battles
How about maybe fixing the Fcking MM disaster?

Detroit_Devils #6 Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 708 battles
  • [1RTR]
They need to put the MM model back to what it was. I’m so fed up waiting 2/3/4 minutes before battle starts.

Peddy_tanj_it #7 Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 48611 battles
  • [TANG]
Buff to premiums and more fantasy tanks.. Nothing I want.. I guess they will also sneak a tweak to the MM in as well which might be ok. 
There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Detroit_Devils #8 Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 708 battles
  • [1RTR]

Collector tanks ffs.

This game is starting to piss me off.

Soon we will have tanks that can fly and shoot laser beams, then when a tank is down to one hit left everyone hears a booming voice saying FINISH HIM!

ffs.

Fugit555 #9 Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19070 battles
  • [FTC-1]
It depends on what a collector tank is tbf. WG is a business and they need to make money. If they bring in collector tanks, which arent those ripped out of the current tech trees then I see no harm at all

Edited by Fugit555, 09 October 2018 - 06:19 PM.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill

War is hell...maybe

killerkiller777 #10 Posted 09 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33302 battles
  • [TNG]

View PostFugit555, on 09 October 2018 - 03:20 PM, said:

It depends on what a collector tank is tbf. WG are a business and they need to make money. If they bring in collector tanks, which arent those ripped out of the current tech trees then I see no harm at all

Reading the news seems to me mostly like they plan to remove vehicles from tech tree very soon, what was planned some time ago and was delayed, simplified low tier tech tree:

"Vehicles that are currently available in the game can become collector vehicles in the future. For example, when a researchable tank is removed from the Tech Tree."

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

Detroit_Devils #11 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 708 battles
  • [1RTR]
Yes fair enough but with name like “gravedigger” etc it smacks of tanks like nameless, lupus etc

AlmostGood #12 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22325 battles
  • [1RTR_]

View PostDetroit_Devils, on 08 October 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

They need to put the MM model back to what it was. I’m so fed up waiting 2/3/4 minutes before battle starts.

It rather sounds like the changed MM will be official in 5.4 and is here to stay...

• As a part of the global change of the initial game experience newcomers will fight mostly against each other rather than against experienced players.

AlmostGood #13 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22325 battles
  • [1RTR_]
So a collector tank is like a premium tank that can be nerfed, but with sheet credit coefficient? Yay...

Pururut #14 Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21710 battles
  • [1RTR_]

Sigh... what is this even...

1. Ranked battles are meant for those cases that want to play the game seriously. Now I dont know about others definition of doing something seriously but in my book it means doing something in an orderly and organized fashion. The lovely cupcakes at Wargaming have once again proved their competence by removing the sole source of organization instead of limiting it to those within the same league. 
  2. Actually proceeding with the collector vehicles aka getting your money for things that were given to you for granted and without promising not to nerf it in the future. 10/10, needs less customer satisfaction.
  3. For once we get a ingame relatable attachment. I would have personally displayed Wasted Shot proudly on my E4 Sherman.
  4. No explanation about matchmaker changes.

It is saddening to observe Wargaming on its journey to sink lower.Also I think implementation of energy bar/fuel system per battle is just a matter of time.

Done with Blitz. Has set sail toward white shores and beyond.

Fugit555 #15 Posted 09 October 2018 - 06:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19070 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postkillerkiller777, on 09 October 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Reading the news seems to me mostly like they plan to remove vehicles from tech tree very soon, what was planned some time ago and was delayed, simplified low tier tech tree:

"Vehicles that are currently available in the game can become collector vehicles in the future. For example, when a researchable tank is removed from the Tech Tree."

Like i have said on previous posts - fine, where is my compensation for the credits and XP and time spent on obtaining these tanks and their improved engines, tracks, guns and turrets? I purchased these with in game currency and if you take them away I want every single credit and XP back - that is a tall order indeed. Not only that, but WG clearly doesn't understand the legal implications of this. Whilst they are an on-line gaming company, the basis of which is for you to buy things with real money. Therefore, consumer protection laws and straight forward contractual laws apply, ergo I am fully and legally entitled to all my money back if they take away something I obtained legally and in the spirit of the EULA. This is not a grand idea form WG imho and whilst this may sound great if you are starting the game from the beginning, its not so great introducing something some 5 odd years down the line, especially as players who started that journey with them are the ones to suffer most. If they wish to do this, then ok - but leave those people who already have the tanks alone - change the tanks to collectors tanks by all means, but if you intend to make a player buy a tank that they already achieved then that is taking the proverbial imho.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill

War is hell...maybe

Player_4847592806 #16 Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3757 battles
  • [-SD-]
if the matchmaker doesn't improve with this update this game belongs in the recycle bin.

jylpah #17 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12273 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostPlayer_4847592806, on 10 October 2018 - 04:35 AM, said:

if the matchmaker doesn't improve with this update this game belongs in the recycle bin.

Detroit_devils. Canny and you mean different things. Canny believes the game is rigged against him (only) while you dislike the tank-class limitations in MM. I am with you here, but the Canny’s belief is just silly. 

"All game mechanics work equally for all players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking      Jylpah is SKUX

jylpah #18 Posted 10 October 2018 - 02:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12273 battles
  • [AFK]

The best news in this update is this:

Block Quote

• Settings in the Other tab (e.g., the Record Replays option) are no longer reset after a re-login.

WG, seriously, you should have fixed this right away through a hot fix. I will hold my purchases for a month for a revenge. It unacceptable not to fix this kind of annoyances immediately. I lost replay of my Indien Ace yesterday because of this Foching bug. 

And great that platooning in Ranked is not allowed anymore. On Asia server NUB clan is consistently rigging the battles by entering into battles in platoons - the other platoon is a there to give damage and boost to the another “main” platoon. The other platoon is there to ensure the battle is 7 vs 5 in effectively. Since there are not much players playing ranked in Asia they can pretty much guarantee entering on the opposite sides every time. They do the same in Randoms too. I have never seen accounts with 12% WR but now I know how they can make it - by AFKing in platoon. 

Finally, it’s 10:30 on October 10th in Singapore and the update is not yet in the store...

Edited by jylpah, 10 October 2018 - 02:32 AM.

"All game mechanics work equally for all players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking      Jylpah is SKUX

jonty_2014 #19 Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:36 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58122 battles
  • [EMRS]
Where is the iOS update?

It’s in the Amazon Android Store...

Wunderpepi #20 Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16552 battles
Update Still not on the Appstore. Is that a part of that Horror story?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users