The price of a Ras.....your soul!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

stubbo66 #1 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61040 battles
  • [49DIV]

So if you haven’t noticed already, it’s been kept pretty quiet by WG, but the gaming queues are now split with players below 5K battled getting a different queue to those with over 5K battles.

To check this out, just look at the stats of the players on both teams after the battle. Now this won’t, and hasn’t improved the WR, but it is contributing to the higher than normal percentage of players with large numbers of games and low WR.

You see there are many players with less than 5K battles that are pretty good, but now sitting in separate queues. While this isn’t great for the developed community, it’s proving a goldmine for those good players with less than 5K games.

I was chatting with one of my clan mates last night, he had created another account, played 59 battles, had a 94% WR and 5 Ras medals. The only time he lost is when he got ammo racked, and this was at tier 3 in a T46!

Now this is all part of the WG philosophy to prevent new players ditching the game because they lose all the time.....and most games have between 3 and 5 bots to make it easier for them to get used to the mechanics...certainly at lower tiers anyway.

But with all those RAS on offer, and an almost guaranteed Super Unicum status for any half decent player, how long will it be before everyone deserts their main accounts and just starts trolling the low tiers on re-rolls again.

WG can’t win on this....not with a hard 5K limit on the queues, they need to be a bit more dynamic than that. Surely the game system should be able to identify good players and move them in to the main queues, or as I suggested some time ago, a ranked queue system based on experience or games played.

I doubt the main community realise this has happened, and it may do what WG want, but it’s easy pickings for anyone right now if you dancing bigging up a new account.

I predict whole re-roll clans springing up before you know it.

minitelrose #2 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60790 battles
  • [AFK]

I calculated that and was reluctant to publish it.

WG calculated that it takes 5K battles to be able to swim in the game. More or less that was my case. But it’s only at 12K that I got awaken. Anyways.

One of my older ideas when I was a young player who didn’t spend money (long time ago) was to create one account per nation. 

Now I have 50K battles. It’s pretty high. But that would let me 5K to grind and play each line in the game, doing ten lines. And that’s doable. So I would be some überunicum in each of these micro account. 

So so it would take 10K to not suck on a disposable account, and then eternal rerolling to keep that healthy california surfer profile instead of my overweight 50K+ loaded with my heavy past.

i guess eternal rerolling sure would increase the number of new accounts created, but maybe that wasn’t in the way that WG had hoped. Unless you buy an IS-6 in each of these accounts.

My friend used an old alt account to play tier 8 and there is a lack of 5K guys up there, so the queue eventually merge.

but apparently WG lands an equal number of 5K on both sides.

so, in a way in that specific case it rings the game by handpicking players based on their profile. 

TBH this is a very interesting development. 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Denii #3 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:30 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25237 battles
  • [KS-AL]

Deep down you know you didn't deserve those Ras nor the wr. The moment you'd move over to the regular MM you would start opening threads on how the game is rigged. Or you would have to start from the beginning. That is a sorry state though. It is like finishing uni and going back to being born again while being 100% conscious that you are shi77ing yourself while wearing diapers.

The_Mighty_Wombat #4 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34457 battles
  • [-GPA-]

If the account will be ditched then whats the point?

If the reroller cant maintain the stats after 5k battles then what use is sub 5k stats?

No one cares about your stats on old accounts or want players that have to swap accounts for every tierx tank.

If someone wins lots and then ditches the account then for 5 k battles 

they have upped the winrate of 6 players

but dropped the win rate of 7.

This can possibly drop winrates on average of players passing the 5k mark.

Let them waste time rerolling, at least they might teach newbies something.

gallabru #5 Posted 11 October 2018 - 05:49 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16909 battles
  • [LAGER]

I have another account to try things. My stats have gone through the (my) roof there. Ok, it is nice, the chat is quiet and good for ego padding. But the gameplay is sort of boring there. Not learning much, no real challenge : now that feels like seal-clubbing. 

My experience is also that at tier 8 and above you end up often in the regular queue after a long waiting time because there are probably not enough players with less than 5k battles. 

So you are probably right, some will reroll for the purple stats (I have seen obvious cases), but I still think it is good for new players to be in that environment. 

ponedelj #6 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13750 battles
  • [LV-S]
... Yeee i think purple stat are overrated.... Abd most of purple stat guys are jerks... so no thanks

Player_4847592806 #7 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 11 October 2018 - 05:47 AM, said:

If the account will be ditched then whats the point?

If the reroller cant maintain the stats after 5k battles then what use is sub 5k stats?

No one cares about your stats on old accounts or want players that have to swap accounts for every tierx tank.

If someone wins lots and then ditches the account then for 5 k battles 

they have upped the winrate of 6 players

but dropped the win rate of 7.

This can possibly drop winrates on average of players passing the 5k mark.

Let them waste time rerolling, at least they might teach newbies something.

It's not the account itself that matters but the consequences. First of all this guy will have more Raseiniai medals than Xenodium when he is over with the account. All that have tried to have superunicum stats at low tiers will be overhauled by this. After 5k games the account can be sold pretty conveniently. Of course none of this hurts wargaming directly, but it does indirectly as more and more people wonder if investing in something that could indeed be changed overnight makes sense. 

romsitsa #8 Posted 11 October 2018 - 06:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41500 battles
  • [VG]

It looks like the 5k barrier was changed with 5.4, met a couple sub 1k players yesterday up to tier VI.

A

llo1 #9 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25772 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postromsitsa, on 11 October 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

It looks like the 5k barrier was changed with 5.4, met a couple sub 1k players yesterday up to tier VI.

A

Agreed, after a few games today with 5k players, I have been checking......how sad!......I have just been in a tier7/8 game where there were significant number of players (11 to be precise) who were again low xp........

One even had 69 battles!

Guess which team lost!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

jylpah #10 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 14087 battles
  • [AFK]

View Poststubbo66, on 11 October 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

WG can’t win on this....not with a hard 5K limit on the queues, they need to be a bit more dynamic than that. Surely the game system should be able to identify good players and move them in to the main queues, or as I suggested some time ago, a ranked queue system based on experience or games played.

^^ You are spot in this. I think Vladimir was too high to write few more if -statements.

Placeholder for some catchy slogan

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Denii #11 Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25237 battles
  • [KS-AL]

View Postjylpah, on 11 October 2018 - 08:02 AM, said:

^^ You are spot in this. I think Vladimir was too high to write few more if -statements.

That is the way to skill MM. Yes the llayer can be very good if his enemies are sitting in the open but then he will come to the forums whinning that the game is rigged because one day he was hitting and penetrating every shot, the next day, suddenly the reds are way more skilled that he has experienced as well as missing and nit penetrating anymore.

Much like it has happened until now.

gallabru #12 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 16909 battles
  • [LAGER]
I have just understood the title :facepalm:

romsitsa #13 Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 41500 battles
  • [VG]

Another aspect of the same topic, since when do low tier unicum stats count? Also losing clan supply for low tier purple stats doesn’t make any sense.

A

Titus_Scato #14 Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [1RTR]

The separation into separate MM queues should not be based on the number of battles the player has played.

It should be based on his winrate in the particular tank he’s driving - (not his overall winrate, that’s irrelevant.)

Anyone with 60% win rate or more in the tank he’s driving should be shunted into the veteran’s queue (unless he has played less than 10 battles in that tank, in which case he can play with the newbies.)

Then the only sealclubbers that get into the newbies’ MM queue would be the incompetent sealclubbers - i.e. the ones bad enough that the seals can club them.

I_Fought_the_Law #15 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1030 battles
It doesn't matter whether your stats count or not, while the ridiculous rigged games have been going on since 5.3 I've spent the majority of my time on this account sealclubbing....it's so refreshing not to have your shots bouncing all day.

The_Mighty_Wombat #16 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34457 battles
  • [-GPA-]

The value of a Ras in low tiers is pointless if they cant maintain the stats later.

100 Ras yet green stats in tierX wont see you at the top of a list for Clan Wars teams etc.

Its like bragging about getting a Mastery the first day a tank is released but a month later you just have sub par stats in it.

Like BitCoin the people who get in early can get something out of it.

Once people start jumping on the reroll bandwagon then the free ride will become harder.

Player_4847592806 #17 Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 11 October 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

The value of a Ras in low tiers is pointless if they cant maintain the stats later.

100 Ras yet green stats in tierX wont see you at the top of a list for Clan Wars teams etc.

Its like bragging about getting a Mastery the first day a tank is released but a month later you just have sub par stats in it.

Like BitCoin the people who get in early can get something out of it.

Once people start jumping on the reroll bandwagon then the free ride will become harder.

Do you care about clan wars? Do you even play? How many training hours with a team you need to get there? If someone wants a high Raseiniai number need to reroll otherwise he will be overhauled by rerolls. Most 60% wr players are rerolls anyways. And a mastery is a mastery, no matter how. 

You can still make money on bitcoin, of course not without investing but you still can.

Peddy_tanj_it #18 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 49439 battles
  • [TANG]

I guess the idea is that by the time they make 5k battles and discover the "real" MM and what a truly competitive bunch we can be it is too late for them they are hooked and will stay long term players. 

I think the diividing line is tier V as I have met in battle a few really bad new players. I surmise that they are used to just shooting up bots. So I think that tier V is becoming the default seal clubbers level. KT-220 anybody? Or perhaps a KV-1 if your not a fan of heavies may I suggest the Leopard. For those of a TD inclination there is always the beloved STUG III remember STUG life chose you, you did not chose STUG life. you could make it a bit of a challenge and use the toaster. 

As as for people who want to do re-rolls fine I do not mind the only concern is people creating a re-roll account getting very good stats in it then selling the account. Yes WG says that do not allow for this but I have heard of it being done. 

If you are a "stat" fanatic then yes I can see this will make your low tier stats seem unremarkable or even sub-par. Personally am not bothered. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

Widd1 #19 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 45880 battles
  • [49DIV]
Hi, I am Stubo66 clan mate who rolled a new account to see what was happening. I didn’t do it to stat pad more of an experiment, I will park the account until next changes. What I found was the bots do not react unless an enemy crosses its line of fire, you can approach from the rear and just farm damage. Basically they are not fit for purpose when there is up to 4 bots on each team. I feel this is not helping the new players as much as it could. I am happy to admit whilst experienced I am still only an average player and if someone like me can go and produce 5 RAS in 59 battles with 94% win rate the newer players will struggle even more when they move onto the over 5K matchmaking. Whilst the WG idea is good, it is not working.

jonty_2014 #20 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59909 battles
  • [EMRS]
Are low tier Masteries easier to get?

Or harder under the new low battle count MM?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users