• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

jonty_2014 #21 Posted 11 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58122 battles
  • [EMRS]
Are low tier Masteries easier to get?

Or harder under the new low battle count MM?

Player_4847592806 #22 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3757 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostWidd1, on 11 October 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

Hi, I am Stubo66 clan mate who rolled a new account to see what was happening. I didn’t do it to stat pad more of an experiment, I will park the account until next changes. What I found was the bots do not react unless an enemy crosses its line of fire, you can approach from the rear and just farm damage. Basically they are not fit for purpose when there is up to 4 bots on each team. I feel this is not helping the new players as much as it could. I am happy to admit whilst experienced I am still only an average player and if someone like me can go and produce 5 RAS in 59 battles with 94% win rate the newer players will struggle even more when they move onto the over 5K matchmaking. Whilst the WG idea is good, it is not working.

It is not working long term but short term is all they care and here is why. Wargaming was concerned about new players leaving because they found the game too hard or complicated. But let's face it, this is going to happen with each game irrespective of the type. People try it out, they don't like it and leave. How many times did any of us walk out of a store without buying anything, right? But this is exactly the point. People are leaving without buying anything. Now they will be able to buy any tank and think they play it good for 5K battles which normally is more than half a year. During that period they might buy several tier 8 premiums instead of just one, realizing they suck at the game and quitting. So basically they hope to get more income per account. It's always about money.

View Postjonty_2014, on 11 October 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Are low tier Masteries easier to get?

Or harder under the new low battle count MM?

They are harder for over 5K players and easier for rerolls under 5K.

Denii #23 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24788 battles
  • [GR3X]

View PostWidd1, on 11 October 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Hi, I am Stubo66 clan mate who rolled a new account to see what was happening. I didn’t do it to stat pad more of an experiment, I will park the account until next changes. What I found was the bots do not react unless an enemy crosses its line of fire, you can approach from the rear and just farm damage. Basically they are not fit for purpose when there is up to 4 bots on each team. I feel this is not helping the new players as much as it could. I am happy to admit whilst experienced I am still only an average player and if someone like me can go and produce 5 RAS in 59 battles with 94% win rate the newer players will struggle even more when they move onto the over 5K matchmaking. Whilst the WG idea is good, it is not working.

They are not going to play for 5K battles against bots and then on the 5001st against players. Yes there will be rerolls for seal clubbing but it is less "rewarding" now as their e-pen!s will always be kindergarten size. 

harrier_77 #24 Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39970 battles
  • [NX6]

Reroll serves no purpose other than to inflate the ego. What happens when that 5k honeymoon period ends? Reroll again?. Makes no sense to me, yes I like to win..who doesn't? But I want to work through every tech tree and get to grips with individual vehicles.

Admittedly I think wg have thrown a curve ball here, and don't agree with their direction. But ultimately it's not going to stop me owning and trying to master all tier10 in the game.

Edited by harrier_77, 11 October 2018 - 01:49 PM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

TonySpoons #25 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5146 battles
  • [IRMA]
Blimey, just loaded my alt account (that I haven't used for ages but has a Pz IV S, SU-122-44 and T23E3) and it was like shooting fish in a barrel! Wasn't enjoyable in the slightest and I actually felt a bit dirty

It Really Means: Active Frontline Klan

Colmain595 #26 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:32 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 38162 battles
  • [KRH]

I started a new account also.  Not as a reroll but to check out what was going on.  It's fun to a point until you realise you are probably one of 6 humans in the game, the rest being bots.  The bots are exactly as described by others on here.  As for the NooBs, I felt pretty bad, I decimated them endlessly.  Seal clubbing is just that, nothing wrong with a wee bit of seal clubbery once in a while but what I was doing was genocide.  I stopped and left after a time, it got boring and so samey.

The real NooB players who stay the course have one hell of a learning curve ahead of them once they pass that magical 5000 barrier.

I can't see the attraction in rerolling an account.  I've spent time, energy and money on my account.  For better or worse it reflects my amazing journey through the fields of Blitz and what a blast it is.  

Huzzah!

Player_4847592806 #27 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3757 battles
  • [-SD-]

View Postharrier_77, on 11 October 2018 - 01:47 PM, said:

Reroll serves no purpose other than to inflate the ego. What happens when that 5k honeymoon period ends? Reroll again?. Makes no sense to me, yes I like to win..who doesn't? But I want to work through every tech tree and get to grips with individual vehicles.

Admittedly I think wg have thrown a curve ball here, and don't agree with their direction. But ultimately it's not going to stop me owning and trying to master all tier10 in the game.

It makes one feel good and this is what a game should do. After 5k battles the account should have super unicum stats and can be exchanged for some commodity ;)

Player_4847592806 #28 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3757 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostColmain595, on 11 October 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

I started a new account also.  Not as a reroll but to check out what was going on.  It's fun to a point until you realise you are probably one of 6 humans in the game, the rest being bots.  The bots are exactly as described by others on here.  As for the NooBs, I felt pretty bad, I decimated them endlessly.  Seal clubbing is just that, nothing wrong with a wee bit of seal clubbery once in a while but what I was doing was genocide.  I stopped and left after a time, it got boring and so samey.

The real NooB players who stay the course have one hell of a learning curve ahead of them once they pass that magical 5000 barrier.

I can't see the attraction in rerolling an account.  I've spent time, energy and money on my account.  For better or worse it reflects my amazing journey through the fields of Blitz and what a blast it is.  

Huzzah!

With a reroll you can still camp at spawn, have a sip of cognac, shoot from time to time and still win :teethhappy: 

Edited by Player_4847592806, 11 October 2018 - 02:36 PM.

gallabru #29 Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16473 battles
  • [LAGER]

No it is not bots for 5k battles. Presumably a few tenth.

According to me, the greatest shock when crossing the 5k limit, although they will see it before depending on the number of players connected, will be the toxic chat.

I am still playing there to learn tanks like the toaster or heavies with auto-loaders in a relaxed environment, and I enjoy it. Plus, when newby players are doing mistakes they generally agree to do differently if you ask them, like stopping capping to come help. Professionnal noobs (i.e. noobs with a purpose, above 5k) will tell you to f.. off.

VarpusenI #30 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18650 battles
  • [C-F]

View Postromsitsa, on 11 October 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

It looks like the 5k barrier was changed with 5.4, met a couple sub 1k players yesterday up to tier VI.

A

Noticed that too but could that be possibly caused by lack of iOS players? I mean smaller player base since iOS release was on hold.

Edited by VarpusenI, 11 October 2018 - 03:41 PM.

VarpusenI #31 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18650 battles
  • [C-F]

View PostThe_Mighty_Wombat, on 11 October 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

The value of a Ras in low tiers is pointless if they cant maintain the stats later.

100 Ras yet green stats in tierX wont see you at the top of a list for Clan Wars teams etc.

Its like bragging about getting a Mastery the first day a tank is released but a month later you just have sub par stats in it.

Like BitCoin the people who get in early can get something out of it.

Once people start jumping on the reroll bandwagon then the free ride will become harder.

Give only ribbons at tier 1 to 4 if low tier medals are so disgusting. Count WR from tier 5 onward and hide it to second page and put average tier number next to it.

Player_3538429276 #32 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22731 battles
  • [CPA]
Well, people were concerned about too big advantage of crew skills before.

Titus_Scato #33 Posted 11 October 2018 - 04:37 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39171 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostPeddy_tanj_it, on 11 October 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

I guess the idea is that by the time they make 5k battles and discover the "real" MM and what a truly competitive bunch we can be it is too late for them they are hooked and will stay long term players. 

I think the diividing line is tier V as I have met in battle a few really bad new players. I surmise that they are used to just shooting up bots. So I think that tier V is becoming the default seal clubbers level. KT-220 anybody? Or perhaps a KV-1 if your not a fan of heavies may I suggest the Leopard. For those of a TD inclination there is always the beloved STUG III remember STUG life chose you, you did not chose STUG life. you could make it a bit of a challenge and use the toaster. 

As as for people who want to do re-rolls fine I do not mind the only concern is people creating a re-roll account getting very good stats in it then selling the account. Yes WG says that do not allow for this but I have heard of it being done. 

If you are a "stat" fanatic then yes I can see this will make your low tier stats seem unremarkable or even sub-par. Personally am not bothered. 

The KV-220 is worse than the KV-1.  Yes it has better hull armour, but the turret armour is worse.  Also the KV-1 has far higher DPM, alpha damage and penetration than the KV-220.  And better mobility.

Did you realise that the KV-220 has to use APCR prammo to get equal penetration to the KV-1 using standard AP?  That’s bad, especially when low tier.  It’s definitely not a sealclubber’s tank.

EpicTanker_2015 #34 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9849 battles
Fussing about some numbers more than a certain PC fanboy.

What matters is your brain and your tactical decisions, and how you fight! Not your luck!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users