Jump to content


Quite bad lag, idk why


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

EpicTanker_2015 #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10662 battles
  • 485
  • [L-ION]
  • Member since:
    05-27-2015

Yesterday, I was playing with tier 5 and it was just lagging so bad in movement controls and aiming.

It wasn't my wifi, because I was sitting next to an 100mbps signal.

It wasn't my device because I was playing on a laptop with i5 and 6gb of RAM.

And I wasn't drunk either.

 

My ping was around the 30-50 range and loss was 0%

I even quit, with 40 minutes of prem time left. Pretty bad, eh.



Chairman_merpug #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:56 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36711 battles
  • 8,141
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostEpicTanker_2015, on 12 October 2018 - 06:55 AM, said:

Yesterday, I was playing with tier 5 and it was just lagging so bad in movement controls and aiming.

It wasn't my wifi, because I was sitting next to an 100mbps signal.

It wasn't my device because I was playing on a laptop with i5 and 6gb of RAM.

And I wasn't drunk either.

 

My ping was around the 30-50 range and loss was 0%

I even quit, with 40 minutes of prem time left. Pretty bad, eh.

By "lag" do you mean frame rate dropping to 16 or 20, making the game stutter like a silent movie? I get this from time to time. I'm inclined to blame something happening in the background on my device, as I'm pretty sure it's doing all the rendering.


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


EpicTanker_2015 #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10662 battles
  • 485
  • [L-ION]
  • Member since:
    05-27-2015

View PostChairman_merpug, on 12 October 2018 - 07:56 AM, said:

By "lag" do you mean frame rate dropping to 16 or 20, making the game stutter like a silent movie? I get this from time to time. I'm inclined to blame something happening in the background on my device, as I'm pretty sure it's doing all the rendering.

Yes, e.g. i turn away from an obstacle but the game freezes, then it unfreezes and I crash into the obstacle.



Chairman_merpug #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36711 battles
  • 8,141
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostEpicTanker_2015, on 12 October 2018 - 03:38 PM, said:

Yes, e.g. i turn away from an obstacle but the game freezes, then it unfreezes and I crash into the obstacle.

Lag tends to show up as your tank keeping on going on its own, uncontrollable by you, sinking into the ground or flying in the air. Frame rate drop is much more annoying, as you are still in control but effectively not, whilst ping looks great and there's no packet loss.


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


DtheHun #5 Posted 15 October 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35640 battles
  • 157
  • [-DAD-]
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015
This has started happening to me a lot recently.  I'm very familiar with lag playing in the sticks of Norfolk most weekends as I do and it's not lag.  Steady ping no or next to no packet loss but screen just freezes.  None of the telltale signs of lag like flying tanks or submarine tanks, or constant forward motion despite not touching the controls.  Just a frozen screen for 5-10 seconds then suddenly it's back to normal.  Normally with half my hitpoints left.

Chairman_merpug #6 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 36711 battles
  • 8,141
  • [AFK]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013

View PostDtheHun, on 15 October 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

This has started happening to me a lot recently.  I'm very familiar with lag playing in the sticks of Norfolk most weekends as I do and it's not lag.  Steady ping no or next to no packet loss but screen just freezes.  None of the telltale signs of lag like flying tanks or submarine tanks, or constant forward motion despite not touching the controls.  Just a frozen screen for 5-10 seconds then suddenly it's back to normal.  Normally with half my hitpoints left.

Yup. I've rebooted the router, as rebooting the device didn't help, and I haven't had a recurrence today. 


Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug


SMERSH_T #7 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 28254 battles
  • 486
  • [EU]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2014

"Lags" in recent times are usually outside the realm of WG servers. It is mainly your ISP, your router or your device.


 


EpicTanker_2015 #8 Posted 16 October 2018 - 06:38 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10662 battles
  • 485
  • [L-ION]
  • Member since:
    05-27-2015

View PostSMERSH_T, on 15 October 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

"Lags" in recent times are usually outside the realm of WG servers. It is mainly your ISP, your router or your device.

Im not getting gigabit wifi for this f2p shiet lol






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users