Goliath awaits.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

harrier_77 #21 Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40544 battles
  • [NX6]
I was right.... I hate this tank with a passion, always left to fend for yourself no matter what you try saying at the start, and so painfully slow in speed and traverse, armour that's easily penned since nerf and a gun that bounces plenty...... truly shocking tank.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Dreadbane #22 Posted 01 November 2018 - 09:03 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21757 battles

T95 is fantastic and by far my fav tank. When shooting it out with an enemy, after they bounce, count their reload time and just before they are loaded, start angling away from them. 90% of the time they will snap shoot and bounce.

Its a beast which has taught me patience and reminded me that there is fun to be had in Blitz.

Fugit555 #23 Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:24 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19766 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postharrier_77, on 14 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Too many times I've seen t95s left to fend for themselves by clueless teams. They are instantly taking a big piece of the team away at the start. If ever ones on my team I try to stay close to it's flanks coz I know it can be a game changer. 

I'm expecting many lonely actions :(

Mate, like Denii rightly states its very much like the Maus insofar as its there to attract shots from others. Even after the nerf its still a pain to pen it frontally, but has superschnitzelkoenig (who needs a shorter name lol) also points out its not impossible to pen. It can be a bully however and can be intimidating, just not out in the open where you can be easily circle of deathed. Yes its slow and yes your team may leave you behind, but its a good sniper so let them spot the targets for you. Just don't get caught out in the open with nothing to back into and always have the front pointed to the enemy. Listen to Denii and Superschnitzelkoenig on this one, my game play in this thing aint great at all, but they have really good stats in it, especially superschnitzelkoenig who has played it recently and seems to get on with it very well.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill

War is hell...maybe

Denii #24 Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24931 battles
  • [GR3X]

Also, don't forget that, like the Maus, the reds have to aim for your weak spots. That lowers their effective DPM as they have to aim and aim and aim. For every shot that pens you there are a lot of misses that go high from the cupolas or low from lower hull. You take the Red's effective dpm down just by sheer presence.

Armor works best at mid ranges where it is harder to aim for your weak spots. Too far from the fron and reds will ignore you and take out your greens. Too close and your weak spots are easier to shoot at.

harrier_77 #25 Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40544 battles
  • [NX6]

Nah, it's beat me. I hate it with a passion... maybe I'm unlucky but I've been left alone in every battle... and to top it off I get an inactive in battle warning on vineyards, I hadn't even reached a shooting position before 4 of my crap team had died...and I get slated for it. 

It's the only tank on here I'll not persevere with.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Fugit555 #26 Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19766 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View Postharrier_77, on 02 November 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

Nah, it's beat me. I hate it with a passion... maybe I'm unlucky but I've been left alone in every battle... and to top it off I get an inactive in battle warning on vineyards, I hadn't even reached a shooting position before 4 of my crap team had died...and I get slated for it. 

don't give up on it just yet, seriously get some tips from Denii and superschnitzelkoenig - I know when I go back to grinding it I shall ask for some from them because they do very well in it, so clearly they know how to play this beast

Edited by Fugit555, 02 November 2018 - 07:47 AM.

War is hell...maybe

harrier_77 #27 Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40544 battles
  • [NX6]

View PostFugit555, on 02 November 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

don't give up on it just yet, seriously get some tips from Denii and superschnitzelkoenig - I know when I go back to grinding it I shall ask for some from them because they do very well in it, so clearly they know how to play this beast

Tips serve no purpose whatsoever when the rest of your team fck off into the sunset and die, then dish out constant abuse coz I am still alive and miles behind the action.

I'm done and its sold.

Knickerson #28 Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27111 battles
  • [ICN]

View Postharrier_77, on 02 November 2018 - 10:06 AM, said:

Tips serve no purpose whatsoever when the rest of your team fck off into the sunset and die, then dish out constant abuse coz I am still alive and miles behind the action.

I'm done and its sold.

I get it, not all tanks work for everyone. I stopped grinding the French heavy line once I reached the AMX 50 120, myself. I just don't understand its appeal.
A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse! ...
I have set my life upon a cast,
and I will stand the hazard of a die.

William Shakespeare
Richard III – Act 5, scene 4

harrier_77 #29 Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40544 battles
  • [NX6]

View PostKnickerson, on 02 November 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

I get it, not all tanks work for everyone. I stopped grinding the French heavy line once I reached the AMX 50 120, myself. I just don't understand its appeal.

Yep, some tanks just don't yank my chain...and this is one of them. Can't see the positives in it at all.

minitelrose #30 Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59516 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postharrier_77, on 02 November 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

first of all of course we are talking about full crew top modules. Lower than this there is no discussion.

Also worth mentioning, is that the nerf was uncalled for, and ruined a tank that was very strong, but not for everyone.

now it’s a tank that is good, but for even less people.

Now may main point is that some tanks need to be driven very differently from anything you have driven ever before. It needs to be approached and run with unconventional thinking at every step. Think of tog, ELC, AT-line, and so on.

There are 2 things I haven’t seen discussed in this thread.

first of all, I liked the t95 exactly for this : ur team dies, and you are now 1v4. How will you make sure to handle the situation ?

its an interesting way to play, it’s very different and refreshing from the immense quantity of boredom that the average Stalin tank will provide you. When you start thinkng this way, you are bound to like the tank. If not, go play more Stalin tanks until the light shines on you.

Talking about light...

I have seen the advice of platooning with a slow heavy tank. a decent, standard advice. Platoon anything with some strong Russian tank, will make that anything stronger. Of course. I have never platoons t95 with a heavy myself. instead I want to give you the opposite advice. Platoon with a light tank.

or at east with anything with a very strong mobility and a decent gun.

there is a way to play in the early game situation where greens decide to abandon the t95. Then the light tank should stay concealed nearby the t95. It’s an ambush. Reds team will swarm the t95 to feast, and they will discover some light tank running into their backs. They can’t sit carefully aiming at the t95 weakspot or they are shot from both sides. They can’t try to flank the t95 because they will be themselves flanked even faster. T95 is the bait of the ambush. The light is the safeguard.

there is the normal middle game. The light can spot target and distract them into the line of fire of the sniping T95. It’s another form of bait / ambush, with the roles reverted back to normal. I call this the bait and the fisherman. 

Now is the end game. If there wasn’t an initial knife assault like above, where it’s kill or die situation... say, in a more normal early game, the rule is that the light tank should never die before the T95.

the light tank can outrun anyone, it shouldn’t die. So the enemies will always find where the t95 is and attack him. T95 can’t be shot from afar. It has good camo and good armor. They need to come close. That’s when the light tank should snipe from afar, onto the t95 and anyone attacking it. it’s really strong combo, because reds will never expect this, and they will feel very disoriented when they finally manage to get behind the t95, only to find someone is behind them shooting into their back. That has a real strong panick effect. 

If you manage to ge to set up these 3 things, sometimes switching from one to the other, I can assure you that you will have some fun games. I used to play variations of these with bt-7 and T82 in old days, or with anything decently fast and the corresponding SU-ISU-OBJ tank. As Irma conceptualized it a long time ago, ‘‘tis practicing with proxies.  tanks that give you the understanding and practice of some gameplay, in an easier, lower tier environment.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Fugit555 #31 Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19766 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Done a vid just for you mate!

War is hell...maybe

llo1 #32 Posted 06 November 2018 - 04:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25420 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postharrier_77, on 14 October 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

Too many times I've seen t95s left to fend for themselves by clueless teams. They are instantly taking a big piece of the team away at the start. If ever ones on my team I try to stay close to it's flanks coz I know it can be a game changer. 

I'm expecting many lonely actions :(

Not just with the T95....it seems like every heavy I have is abandoned by the meds/lights and before I can catch up they have all died and keep shouting "report the heavy" for not joining in!

Expect it more fold with the T95, my plan is always to battle with the rest of the team before tackling the T95!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

jylpah #33 Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13199 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDenii, on 13 October 2018 - 09:23 PM, said:

Bought back the T28 proto for denoobing. Not so bad. It has excellent depression, a turret and, sometimes, working armor. Not such a bad tank afterall.

T28 Proto is super. The standard T28 is awful, but Proto is brilliant. That DPM plus turret can go wrong.

"All game mechanics work equally for all the players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking     

jylpah #34 Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13199 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postharrier_77, on 13 October 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

I've reached a point in this game that I have been avoiding like the plague. It's called the T95!.... it's the last tier 9 across all tech trees that I don't own...and I fear it with gusto.

I know it has awesome firepower when it's used correctly but I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen them left alone and isolated, then swamped by anything with a pulse. I didn't mind T28, but this thing is a different kettle of fish.

Would appreciate some input from anyone who owns/owned it.

Don't worry, E3 is horrible too.

"All game mechanics work equally for all the players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking     

harrier_77 #35 Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40544 battles
  • [NX6]

View Postjylpah, on 06 November 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Don't worry, E3 is horrible too.

E3 used to be a monster...as did the T95. But warmorons had to ruin them both with ridiculous nerfs.

Denii #36 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24931 battles
  • [GR3X]

View Postharrier_77, on 06 November 2018 - 11:19 PM, said:

E3 used to be a monster...as did the T95. But warmorons had to ruin them both with ridiculous nerfs.

Was the E3 nerfed? Cos I haven't seen anything stating so. Actually, now, it is quite strong.

harrier_77 #37 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40544 battles
  • [NX6]

View PostDenii, on 08 November 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

Was the E3 nerfed? Cos I haven't seen anything stating so. Actually, now, it is quite strong.

it's lower front armour was nerfed way back at the end of 2016.

Edited by harrier_77, 08 November 2018 - 11:19 AM.

ethanjames_1 #38 Posted 08 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 66851 battles
  • [T-T-S]
T95 was my first tier 9 tank - I think its great but it depends on your play style. That was back with +/-2 MM. I remember being the only top tier on copperfield with one tier 8 and the rest tier 7. Everyone just sat behind me as we steamrollered the red southern spawn. Happy days!

Chairman_merpug #39 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35898 battles
  • [AFK]
Came across a T95 earlier on red. He was heading up to stop the C cap on Dead Rail, all alone. Self and the other two green meds finished him in short order.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Denii #40 Posted 09 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24931 battles
  • [GR3X]

View Postharrier_77, on 08 November 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

it's lower front armour was nerfed way back at the end of 2016.

I see. The top speed buff has made it very competitive though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users