• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

gallabru #61 Posted 07 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16670 battles
  • [LAGER]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 06 November 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

Premium tanks have higher credit ratio. Collectible can have usual or higher ration.

At first you need to understand that changes we announced can't affect only researchable vehicles. Premium vehicles take part in the same battles and can't stay in previous state. This is why we adjust them in terms of changing environment. This is why collectible tanks can be sold for gold.

Tanks that were paid with real money, for whatever reason we decided to buy them, are now standard tanks. Call them "collectible" if you want, but they are now on them same footing as the ones removed from the tech tree.

Does the new selling price compensates for the buying cost when we bought them ?

To make it clearer : we want at least the possibility of a refund.

At second, to your first, premium tanks were not in the tech tree. Your saying that changes in the tech tree must be reflected to the premium too is just a statement, not an explanation, particularly because the tanks removed from the tech tree are not eliminated but they just change status.

Edited by gallabru, 07 November 2018 - 12:28 PM.

Titus_Scato #62 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39296 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postharrier_77, on 07 November 2018 - 11:51 AM, said:

wait....what????.    Please clarify, are you saying premium tanks will be nerfed?

I would appreciate a clear reply to this, because if it's true that wg are going to start tinkering with things that I have paid real money for...then I can assure you I will NEVER buy another item from yourselves.... and I will also demand a full refund for anything premium owned by myself that is altered.

Kenny has been nerfed before.  It’s not as powerful now as it used to be.

Q) When???  And how???  you ask in utter surprise!???

A) Last year.  When the damage of premium ammunition was nerfed by 15%.  Kenny can’t do as much DPM with prammo now as it used to.  So it’s been nerfed!  And no-one complained!

Q) Why did no-one complain???

A) Because every other tank that Kenny fights against in Tiers II-V got the same nerf.

Q) What’s that got to do with the nerf to Kenny?

A) Because the 15% prammo damage nerf affected every tank Kenny fights against, the balance of Kenny (when using prammo) compared to all those other tanks remained unchanged.  It takes longer for Kenny to kill an enemy using prammo, but it takes the enemy longer to kill Kenny too, if they are also firing prammo.

Q) OK.  So what’s all this got to do with the price of fish, and Update 5.5?

A) It’s got nothing to do with the price of fish.  But it has a lot to do with Update 5.5.

Q) Why?

A) Because the low tier tanks in Tiers I-V (including all the former premiums that will become collectibles, and the Tier V premiums that will remain as premiums) will all receive an identical global nerf.  All of them except Kenny, that is.  (Which is a completely stupid decision by WG, since players with under 5k battles still get put in the veteran MM late at night, where Kenny will eat them alive!)

Q) What is this global nerf that’s going to happen?

A) Rate of Fire (and therefore DPM as well) will definitely be reduced for all low-tier tanks - including premiums and collectables.  (There could be other global nerfs in addition, affecting mobility, not sure on that yet.)

Q) So what does this mean?

A) It means that the balance of the nerfed collectable and premium tanks, relative to other tanks in their tier, will remain the same, since the global nerfs will affect all equally.  

The only remaining issue is how to balance nerfed Tier V’s against unnerfed Tier VI’s.  Not sure how WG intend to handle that.

(Speculation: It’s possible that Tier V and VI may be separated permanently, with Tier V becoming always top tier, and Tier VI becoming always bottom tier.  Alternatively, Tier V tanks might have 2 sets of stats in future, 1 when top tier, and the other when bottom tier.)

Hope this explains why there is no point protesting against the nerfing of low tier premiums.

Edited by Titus_Scato, 08 November 2018 - 12:11 AM.

RibbleStripe #63 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 304 battles
  • [WG]
New camos are coming

harrier_77 #64 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40481 battles
  • [NX6]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 08 November 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

Kenny has been nerfed before.  It’s not as powerful now as it used to be.

Q) When???  And how???  you ask in utter surprise!???

A) Last year.  When the damage of premium ammunition was nerfed by 15%.  Kenny can’t do as much DPM with prammo now as it used to.  So it’s been nerfed!  And no-one complained!

Q) Why did no-one complain???

A) Because every other tank that Kenny fights against in Tiers II-V got the same nerf.

Q) What’s that got to do with the nerf to Kenny?

A) Because the 15% prammo damage nerf affected every tank Kenny fights against, the balance of Kenny (when using prammo) compared to all those other tanks remained unchanged.  It takes longer for Kenny to kill an enemy using prammo, but it takes the enemy longer to kill Kenny too, if they are also firing prammo.

Q) OK.  So what’s all this got to do with the price of fish, and Update 5.5?

A) It’s got nothing to do with the price of fish.  But it has a lot to do with Update 5.5.

Q) Why?

A) Because the low tier tanks in Tiers I-V (including all the former premiums that will become collectibles, and the Tier V premiums that will remain as premiums) will all receive an identical global nerf.  All of them except Kenny, that is.  (Which is a completely stupid decision by WG, since players with under 5k battles still get put in the veteran MM late at night, where Kenny will eat them alive!)

Q) What is this global nerf that’s going to happen?

A) Rate of Fire (and therefore DPM as well) will definitely be reduced for all low-tier tanks - including premiums and collectables.  (There could be other global nerfs in addition, affecting mobility, not sure on that yet.)

Q) So what does this mean?

A) It means that the balance of the nerfed collectable and premium tanks, relative to other tanks in their tier, will remain the same, since the global nerfs will affect all equally.  

The only remaining issue is how to balance nerfed Tier V’s against unnerfed Tier VI’s.  Not sure how WG intend to handle that.

(Speculation: It’s possible that Tier V and VI may be separated permanently, with Tier V becoming always top tier, and Tier VI becoming always bottom tier.  Alternatively, Tier V tanks might have 2 sets of stats in future, 1 when top tier, and the other when bottom tier.)

Hope this explains why there is no point protesting against the nerfing of low tier premiums.

never owned Kenny, never had any interest in Kenny! . I have little interest in low tier premiums...i don't go near them as a rule. I'm questioning if higher tier premiums are to be butchered.

So yes, being as though I don't worship or know anything about the Kenny it's safe to assume I DO ask about premium nerfs in utter surprise!

Edited by harrier_77, 08 November 2018 - 11:48 AM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Titus_Scato #65 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39296 battles
  • [1RTR]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 08 November 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Nicely executed modern camos.  But what about more historical WW2 camos?  Especially for German and Soviet tanks.

borzegi #66 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27527 battles
  • [SRB]

Premium tanks have higher credit ratio. Collectible can have usual or higher ration.

At first you need to understand that changes we announced can't affect only researchable vehicles. Premium vehicles take part in the same battles and can't stay in previous state. This is why we adjust them in terms of changing environment. This is why collectible tanks can be sold for gold.

Thnx for reply although I'm not satisfied with answer...

Ok, it has sense (to some degree) to nerf some stats of prem tanks but it has to be compensated in some way.

For example:

1. If u nerf some premium than it should become available to be sold for same amount as previously paid, since buyer might be unsatisfied with previously purchased goods

2. If u nerf some stat, than buff some other one, like credit coeff.. U nerf pen or dpm on some premioum, it credit coeff goes up..

3. ...

Anyhow, WG has long tradition in not listening to player community even thou it is pretty big and active, and I just don't understand why.. And yet, somehow ppl keep on playing it..

Again, thnx for response and all the best to you!

Jammytwss212 #67 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28850 battles
  • [TWSS]
Is it possible to sell all the premium tanks for gold like on WoT pc. With the exception of some of the rare/OP premiums? Atm there are too few choices when it comes to buying premiums and the cool ones are only sold every week for insane prices. And pls add the sta-2.

Edited by Jammytwss212, 08 November 2018 - 01:51 PM.

Toulgar #68 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35678 battles
  • [T-T-R]

WG should be thinking about this fact "before" releasing those premium tanks, not after. And nerfing any premium tank as you wish and defend yourself by saying "sell it for gold if you dont want this change" is just ridicilous. If a person wants to get gold, he/she purchases gold, not a tank. 

RibbleStripe #69 Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 304 battles
  • [WG]

View PostToulgar, on 09 November 2018 - 05:20 AM, said:

WG should be thinking about this fact "before" releasing those premium tanks, not after. 

This could be reasonable only if there were no changes in game at all. Some game aspects change and might affect other aspects. 

Toulgar #70 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:54 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35678 battles
  • [T-T-R]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 09 November 2018 - 07:19 AM, said:

This could be reasonable only if there were no changes in game at all. Some game aspects change and might affect other aspects. 

Sure. But who changes the game this much and this frequently?

WG either should plan game's future very well and avoid big changes, or if big changes are inevadable, then compensation must be by cash, not gold only. 

MrPacNoobDestroyer #71 Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36910 battles
  • [ICN]

I can’t believe my eyes to be to be honest. This is a whole new low against paying customers. 

You need to as a minimum offer a full cash refund for purchased tanks if you’re going to nerf any premium tanks bought with real cash. I’m sure by offering your game on the Apple platform you’ve agreed to their terms and conditions which should state something along the lines of you can’t take away items customers have paid for. If any premium tank is nerfed then it’s no longer what we paid for. Not only that I’m sure we will be protected under eu consumer laws. Go ahead and nerf NON premium tanks if you must but cash refunds have to be offered if you’re nerfing tanks that were paid for. 

I cant remember exactly how much I paid for the su-76i ice tiger, something like £8.99 - £10.99 maybe I really can’t remember. How much gold were wg planning on returning? 1000? No thank you. Gold is worthless to me now as I won’t be buying any more premium tanks after this if this is how we’re being treated, unfortunately. 

I just hope you do the right thing by offering a full cash refund, gold or to keep the new version of the premium tanks that are nerfed. If not thankfully Apple does have good customer service and will refund the purchased tanks/gold used to buy them. Hopefully wargaming will do the right thing though. 

Chairman_merpug #72 Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35890 battles
  • [AFK]
All the low tier tanks are changing. Leaving premium tanks unaltered would affect the game balance horribly. Rebalancing them to reflect the overall change seems fine to me.
Also, I don't see anyone crying when premiums are buffed, which is sheer bloody hypocrisy. Either they are immutable as released, or they can be changed.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

RibbleStripe #73 Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 304 battles
  • [WG]

Get ready for new German heavies!

Mjr_Eazy #74 Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19804 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 12 November 2018 - 01:05 AM, said:

All the low tier tanks are changing. Leaving premium tanks unaltered would affect the game balance horribly. Rebalancing them to reflect the overall change seems fine to me.
Also, I don't see anyone crying when premiums are buffed, which is sheer bloody hypocrisy. Either they are immutable as released, or they can be changed.

+1, out of votes, as you say, they have to do it and really players with lots of games shouldn’t be playing the low tiers, I’m gutted they’re nerfing A-20, CGC, my beloved Duck and our clan mascot BT-SV but it is what it is, I’m not sure what I’ll do yet but will most likely wait and see how what my nerfed low tier tanks are like on their birthdays...

I guess 5.5 is coming this week...

The levels of whining on here will be off the charts!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

RollingSwarm #75 Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36886 battles
  • [LGN]

My thoughts:

1) WoTB is a very long-lived game already compared to many other games (across PC, Console and Mobile). It is only natural that as more elements are added to it, and as the game and its players grow/develop, that changes will need to be made. I think the issue of seal-clubbing, combined with noob-protec (NP) MM, and the driving aim to increase NEW PLAYER RETENTION to improve the health of the player-base, is being handled innovatively by WG. It's a bold move. Risky. BUT, I believe it will benefit the game overall in the long-term.

2) For WG to alter products purchased (premiums) is controversial, and while I'm not a fan, I understand why they are doing it [to retain balance in the face of a massive overhaul to improve game viability and longevity]. However, the hypocrisy of this move linked to the Kenny not being nerfed is illogical and a VERY POOR decision by WG (IMO)... 

3) The old school players with 10,000's of battles moaning about low-tier changes ARE THE SOURCE OF A PROBLEM. Seal-clubbing is reducing retention rates of new players. For obvious reasons. Yes, we all need to blow off steam at low tiers from time to time... but honestly, if you have OP tanks at tiers 2-5 (I'm guilty on the Ram II) with A LOT OF GAMES, you are contributing to the negative experiences of other players. Your monster carry games, and best moments - are their worst. We need to toughen up and progress our game to give the newbies a chance to join the ranks.

4) I bought back all the tech tree tanks, and have a significant number of the lower tier premiums, that will become collectible. I will sell (for Gold) most of these tanks because I recognise that after 38,000 battles there is almost no reason (except for grinds, which I finished) for me to play these tiers versus new and less experienced opponents. I appreciate some players enjoy certain tanks and want to keep these and that is fair. I think WG is providing a good way for players to choose either way how they want to proceed (sell or keep). I for one, will be keeping the Jumbo cos' I lubs it. The rest will be turned to gold Tier X camos.

My recommendations to WG:

I) To encourage more players to play higher tiers, improve the profitability of higher tiers so they don't need to dip into lower tiers to grind credits.

II) Include the Kenny in the universal changes to tier II to IV premiums - treat it exactly the same as all the other premiums tanks in the II-IV range.

III) Release discount high tier premiums en-masse (even Tier X...) at the drop of 5.5, to encourage people to sell their low tier collectible tanks for gold.

IV) Increase tournament rewards (and accessibility) at higher tiers to encourage more players to engage in eSports and progress up and along the tech trees.

Notes:

• I hope to stream my 5.5 Keep or Kick decisions for all the soon-to-be Collectible Tanks that will be in my garage :coin: - maybe my decision making process will help you with yours!
  • Kudos to WG, for a bold move (but sort the Kenny out, don't be weak when you need to be strong).
  • Dear Seal-Clubbers, I look forward to seeing more of you at Tier X!

Somewhere between Rage & Serenity'

qqmiqq #76 Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 56931 battles
  • [-HE]
So true! Respect!

roxidom #77 Posted 12 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12354 battles
  • [-ONI-]

So for me this uptade is against the improvement of the game.

I did a video about this update and give my opinion

https://youtu.be/olX7xnbwJaU

Somebody said I should share it on the forum so I did. 

Well I finish gl&hf

Edited by roxidom, 12 November 2018 - 01:44 PM.

DarksidersTR #78 Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1673 battles
  • [MKN]
Is Mad Games gonna with new updates?

Chairman_merpug #79 Posted 12 November 2018 - 11:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35890 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostDarksidersTR, on 12 November 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

Is Mad Games gonna with new updates?

No

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

mct358 #80 Posted Yesterday, 03:25 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23609 battles
I mean, I don’t even know how long I’ve played this game in years but I have 20k+ in games. now for the first time I’m honestly thinking a out deleting it. this new update balancing the lower tiers killed all the fun. I understand that this a profit making business and not a free entertainment company but I really dont see the benefit for making such a big changes and pushing so hard for making money. I really hope they would find a better way. I’ gonna sleep on it, feeling so down atm.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

BarbierDeTvils