• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

mct358 #81 Posted 13 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 23609 battles

View PostRollingSwarm, on 12 November 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

My thoughts:

1) WoTB is a very long-lived game already compared to many other games (across PC, Console and Mobile). It is only natural that as more elements are added to it, and as the game and its players grow/develop, that changes will need to be made. I think the issue of seal-clubbing, combined with noob-protec (NP) MM, and the driving aim to increase NEW PLAYER RETENTION to improve the health of the player-base, is being handled innovatively by WG. It's a bold move. Risky. BUT, I believe it will benefit the game overall in the long-term.

2) For WG to alter products purchased (premiums) is controversial, and while I'm not a fan, I understand why they are doing it [to retain balance in the face of a massive overhaul to improve game viability and longevity]. However, the hypocrisy of this move linked to the Kenny not being nerfed is illogical and a VERY POOR decision by WG (IMO)... 

3) The old school players with 10,000's of battles moaning about low-tier changes ARE THE SOURCE OF A PROBLEM. Seal-clubbing is reducing retention rates of new players. For obvious reasons. Yes, we all need to blow off steam at low tiers from time to time... but honestly, if you have OP tanks at tiers 2-5 (I'm guilty on the Ram II) with A LOT OF GAMES, you are contributing to the negative experiences of other players. Your monster carry games, and best moments - are their worst. We need to toughen up and progress our game to give the newbies a chance to join the ranks.

4) I bought back all the tech tree tanks, and have a significant number of the lower tier premiums, that will become collectible. I will sell (for Gold) most of these tanks because I recognise that after 38,000 battles there is almost no reason (except for grinds, which I finished) for me to play these tiers versus new and less experienced opponents. I appreciate some players enjoy certain tanks and want to keep these and that is fair. I think WG is providing a good way for players to choose either way how they want to proceed (sell or keep). I for one, will be keeping the Jumbo cos' I lubs it. The rest will be turned to gold Tier X camos.

My recommendations to WG:

I) To encourage more players to play higher tiers, improve the profitability of higher tiers so they don't need to dip into lower tiers to grind credits.

II) Include the Kenny in the universal changes to tier II to IV premiums - treat it exactly the same as all the other premiums tanks in the II-IV range.

III) Release discount high tier premiums en-masse (even Tier X...) at the drop of 5.5, to encourage people to sell their low tier collectible tanks for gold.

IV) Increase tournament rewards (and accessibility) at higher tiers to encourage more players to engage in eSports and progress up and along the tech trees.

Notes:

• I hope to stream my 5.5 Keep or Kick decisions for all the soon-to-be Collectible Tanks that will be in my garage :coin: - maybe my decision making process will help you with yours!
  • Kudos to WG, for a bold move (but sort the Kenny out, don't be weak when you need to be strong).
  • Dear Seal-Clubbers, I look forward to seeing more of you at Tier X!

Number 3) How am I the problem? When I started I got equally smashed from every other tank. I didnt stop playing because Inwas bad, instead I learned from others. Instead the games matchmakingnon games could have avoided the problem. 

scrambler71 #82 Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15015 battles

why is there still restrictions on the sale of only 3 tanks per day ???? !!!!

edit: ok 5 tanks per day ..... bat still ...why ??

Edited by scrambler71, 14 November 2018 - 09:00 AM.

szkaraj #83 Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:49 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35402 battles
  • [AFK]
Lost camo, consumables, ammo on all my collectable tanks, even on little leo and vk.d 30.01 (dont know why). Will I get back them?

The easy day was yesterday.

geomal #84 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:28 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30366 battles
  • [-GRC-]
Not a wise decision to cancel Mad games, hope you kept wasteland map. Ok, you kept it, that's limiting the problem

Edited by geomal, 13 November 2018 - 08:31 AM.

szkaraj #85 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35402 battles
  • [AFK]
Lost camo, consumables, ammo on all my collectable tanks, even on little leo and vk.d 30.01 (dont know why). Will I get back them?

The easy day was yesterday.

JohnyBigCigar #86 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11438 battles
  • [B-B-B]

View Postmct358, on 13 November 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

Number 3) How am I the problem? When I started I got equally smashed from every other tank. I didnt stop playing because Inwas bad, instead I learned from others. Instead the games matchmakingnon games could have avoided the problem. 

Agree and well said 

So he wants to welcome grinding seal clubbing players to Tier 10 so he can do some more seal clubbing , "egotistical irony" at it's finest 

RibbleStripe #87 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 311 battles
  • [WG]

View Postscrambler71, on 13 November 2018 - 08:44 AM, said:

why is there still restrictions on the sale of only 3 tanks per day ???? !!!!

The limit is 5 tanks per day. 

View Postszkaraj, on 13 November 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Ammo was removed with compensation, consumables - without it. Camos were not removed, check appearance menu for the tanks you mentioned.

Hijaz2 #88 Posted 13 November 2018 - 08:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4201 battles
  • [R_S_G]
I liked all the updates. Your wargaming is growing professionally. I was enjoying MadGames in WOT. In update 5.5 I couldn’t find it. I hope it will be back soon.

Titus_Scato #89 Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postmct358, on 13 November 2018 - 03:42 AM, said:

Number 3) How am I the problem?

12,000+ battles in the Leopard is a bit excessive.  That’s nearly twice as many battles as I have in all Tier V tanks put together, and I have all of them!

I’m a sealclubber too, but the most battles I have in any one tank is only 600 (in the old Cruiser II derp.)

Not saying you’re the worst offender, there’s someone with 33,000 battles in the Leopard, but you are part of the problem, certainly.

SWE_Manstein #90 Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 49643 battles
  • [VG]
All regular tanks which have been made collectors tanks have got their birthdays dates changed too Feb 12 2019! That is negative from s planera persoective. Next birthday on these tanks further away in time and one gets an enourmous concentration of birthdays on a specific date.

RibbleStripe #91 Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 311 battles
  • [WG]

View PostSWE_Manstein, on 13 November 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

All regular tanks which have been made collectors tanks have got their birthdays dates changed too Feb 12 2019! That is negative from s planera persoective. Next birthday on these tanks further away in time and one gets an enourmous concentration of birthdays on a specific date.

It's normal because technically regular tanks were removed and you got collectible ones today. 

neotux1 #92 Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 17328 battles
  • [DFDKS]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 30 October 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

What it means is this:

Example:

If you have the AT 7 in your garage, and you used the Churchill Gun Carrier to research the AT 7, and you got to the Churchill Gun Carrier by researching it on the Churchill I, and you haven’t researched or played the AT 8 or any of the previous British TD’s, then you will get them all added to your garage for free.  (Except the UC 2-pdr and the Valentine AT, which are becoming collector’s tanks.)

Why?  

Because under the new system, the AT 7 can only be researched through the AT 8, because the Churchill Gun Carrier is becoming a collector’s tank.  And you can’t have a Tier VII tank in your garage without having researched the earlier tanks in the line, otherwise the game will get confused and crash.  

So WG have to give you the Alecto, the AT 2, and the AT 8 for free (and all fully researched), along with free garage slots to hold them.

The same principle will apply to any tank that previously allowed you to change lines, if that tank is becoming a collector’s tank, and you haven’t played the alternative route to the next tank in the line.

Hope that explains things better.

The update of the development trees is completely flawed ... I bought for example T29 via Easy 8 but T1 Heavy and M6 are untouched and unexplored in the development tree.

JIRITIS #93 Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 40309 battles
  • [CZWIN]
Hello, I have not commented on upgrades, but now I can not forgive it. I do not mind what happened to Leopard on the fifth level. He lost his speed, lost his skill and lost the prudence of the armor. It is still a paper tank. I bought enrichment for it because the style of play with this tank was good. Now it's no longer true. I feel damaged because I paid for something that I no longer use because of what you have newly created. I do not like it.

Firatcoliq #94 Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8225 battles
  • [J1TEM]

When is the new update i was going for the maus and i don't want to get stuck with that new tier 10 heavy and i don't think i'll be able to get the maus in time

i want that maus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigFluffyBear #95 Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:30 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10591 battles
  • [PODES]

STUG is useless now...

And other tanks too...

Game really SUCKS after this "update".

Edited by BigFluffyBear, 13 November 2018 - 11:44 AM.

_AlbaGandalf_ #96 Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6146 battles
  • [ALBAB]
What is there to say?
‘Stolen’ cammo, provisions, consumables and Ammo. Why stolen? NO COMPENSATION!
Guess there may be a 0.01 patch to set things right..

Well done WG yet another poorly implemented update.

Carry hard, have fun.

We all started as noobs, it's just taking me longer to grow out of it.

_AlbaGandalf_ #97 Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6146 battles
  • [ALBAB]

RibbleStripe,

“Ammo was removed with compensation, consumables - without it. Camos were not removed, check appearance menu for the tanks you mentioned.”

unfortunately incorrect.

I have checked each item, cammo has been removed without compensation the same with Ammo etc.

Edited by _AlbaGandalf_, 13 November 2018 - 11:40 AM.

Carry hard, have fun.

We all started as noobs, it's just taking me longer to grow out of it.

Saukula #98 Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 55728 battles
  • [BAND]
They removed tanks but they didn't compesate free slots.

natiola17 #99 Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14323 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 November 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

The limit is 5 tanks per day. 

Ammo was removed with compensation, consumables - without it. Camos were not removed, check appearance menu for the tanks you mentioned.

Ammo was removed with compensation - ok, understand.

consumables - without it - so, It means that sb stolen some silver.

Camos were not removed, check appearance menu for the tanks you mentioned - Gold camos are still available, but all (at least for collectibles) were reset.
With or without compensation (some of them cost silver for renewal or installation) ? I suppose without. So same story like with consumables.

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 November 2018 - 10:13 AM, said:

It's normal because technically regular tanks were removed and you got collectible ones today. 

Sorry, Sir, It's not normal, It's crazy. I expect great celebration every 3 months with big party at tiers 2-5,

Great job or just lack of skill or imagination. Even random spread will be better.

And another point.

Block Quote

To maintain continuity in the Tech Tree, vehicles that haven’t been previously researched may be added to your account. Each vehicle will come with a slot in the Garage.

Houston, sth is wrong or I am to stupid to understand.

After quick investigation.

How it is possible to:
- have completed tech tree for nation and receive BT-2 and BT-7 ?
- have researched T-29 via E2, so he received M7, T1 is researched not received, M6 ready to research.... Stuarts as well not received. But E8 received..
- have AT8 via CGC, then received CrIII, CrIV and Matilda, but expected Alecto and At2.
- nice comparison with French line:
a) researched Sau40, not received anything, D2 not even researched
b) researched all 3 lines. Received AMX38 and D2.
c) researched all 3 lines. Received AMX38 and B1.
- and Japanese
a) researched Chi-Nu, Chi-Cha+Chi-Ni researched, not received
b) researched upto Chi-ri via Chi-Ni, don't received anything.
c) researched upto Type61 via Chi-Ni, received Chi-Ha, Chi-He.
- dont heard about anybody who receive LT vz.38 in chinese line, why ?

Probably much more.

Just don't see any logic.

OfficialDaftMonkey #100 Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3915 battles
  • [ATB4L]

Well why do I get t43 from kv13 I wanted the IS tank not the t43 and I researched kv13 to get to the IS tank not to get the t43

PLEASE FIX THIS!

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users