gravedigger fantasy tanks rage saltyness Community service

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

jonty_2014 #1 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 67282 battles
  • [EMRS]

To save the keyboard warriors, I thought I’d start this thread, so they can post their comments here.

From the first 5 (protected) games, it’s monstrously OP vs tier 6 tanks, the bar for a First is about 3.5 k damage, and I suspect, though I’ve not tested it yet, is that vs tier 8 opposition it’ll be balanced by the low pen and low alpha shots.  I have rolled it out in Mad Games in tier 7/8 games, but it’s hardly a balanced test as the gameplay is way more chaotic than usual.  

I suspect that after a few weeks the novelty will wear off, the weak spots will be well known and exploited, and the ISU-152 drivers will be able to one shot them from the opposite side of the map... that said, it’s a purebred fantasy tank with no basis in reality, is as large as a Mauschen, and the purist community will be getting quite upset about it...

So rage away here:

Edited by jonty_2014, 28 October 2018 - 08:20 AM.

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

BarbierDeTvils #2 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58786 battles
  • [BOLD]
No.

Enjoy !

Amicalement

BarbierDeTVils

Topic sur la rentabilité des Chars : http://forum.wotblit...alisee/#topmost (les tableaux de résultats sont dans le 3eme post du topic en page 1)

_RagingRabbit_ #3 Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 13730 battles
  • [FTC-4]

I feel like it's balanced like the Mod 1, OP against tier 6, UP against tier 8. It's absolutely no fun to play against IS tanks. Even the lower plate isn't a reliable pen with prammo, nuff said. And that's the only place you can pen those tanks frontally. 

And the fact that you can't facehug against every tank except the bigger ones makes the armor also of quite limited use. The gun depression is a huge flaw and balancing factor as well.

I honestly don't think this tank will get a nerf soon, I have seen a lot of people who suck really hard in it. It is most certainly not as OP as the Helsing or Dracula. 

Debbie_Does_Dallas #4 Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59530 battles
  • [49DIV]
It's nothing special imho, it's no game changer....just a small nuisance on the field of play.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

_FREE__SQU1RREL_ #5 Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:23 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 39356 battles
  • [-TXC-]
i dont understand why people complain about its armor, i can pen them easily and people pen mine easily, although lower plate is small it is very weak and upper plate can be penned if you are looking from slightly above. but regardless i sold mine after 20 or so battles because gun feels very ineffective and i dont play lower tiers than tier 8 anyways also 2500 gold is not a bad price

Edited by qurrel99, 28 October 2018 - 10:23 AM.

jylpah #6 Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19224 battles
  • [AFK]

Gravedigger is a pain to meet in lower tiers. Even prammo can't pen the sides... I think WG overdid the side armor of it.

DPM is also vey high. I can understand it may struggle against tier VIIIs, but I think it's balance is bit off. But nothing in scale of Lupus, Helsing or Dracula.

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

Peddy_tanj_it #7 Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 54796 battles
  • [TANG]

Fantasy tank so I immediately do not like it (mild rational comment)

It is OP against tier VI the side armour is hard to pen with most mediums/lights using prammo.

The front lower plate can be penned but requires a long aim time to hit and your stuck in front of that auto loader

Tier VII it's good but kill able 

Tier VIII nothing special 

BUT IT IS A FANTASY TANK... SO I HATE IT!  (What I really think). 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

BigFluffyBear #8 Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13337 battles
  • [PODES]
No worries, when they nerf it, it will become crap...

Fugit555 #9 Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 26961 battles
  • [49DIV]
its not that difficult to pen - i faced a load of them in the type 58 earlier - they didn't present any major issues

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill - War is hell, maybe :justwait:

VISIT MY YT CHANNELhttps://www.youtube....2L0jDqH-GsulArQ

REMUS_JUST_DOESNT_CARE #10 Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92739 battles

Yeah, I had to put my much loved VK 36.01H back in the garage when WG brought out their lastest fantasy tank! I can't pen it from the front or sides with any gun on the VK and I'm not using gold to try to fight off another WG OP fantasy tank!

My French tier 6 heavy tank can pen it, so I will use that until they start putting weak spots on the newest pet of WG!

DumbApe #11 Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27265 battles
  • [HRG]

Doesn’t matter really if WG have Fantasy tanks or not.  The point is there are already strong tanks at tier 7 that do a similar job - tiger P for example. Admittedly it doesn’t have 6 shots but over a reload cycle the DPM won’t be that different.  What does matter though is how the team reacts to the line up in front of them.  

In in order to win at blitz - something I am not great at - requires a bit of team play, a dose of luck and some situational awareness.  Oh and a bit of game skill. Depending on the mix you are presented with in each game the result follows.  The balance of the equation verses the oppo will decide the game.

We have all seen teams outgunned by heavies win convincingly when played well.  One tank model doesn’t  unbalance the game -  good players driving them do.  There are plenty of  tanks that when driven well by good players cause havoc and mayhem carrying the day. 

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

REMUS_JUST_DOESNT_CARE #12 Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 92739 battles

View PostDumbApe, on 28 October 2018 - 11:32 PM, said:

Doesn’t matter really if WG have Fantasy tanks or not.  The point is there are already strong tanks at tier 7 that do a similar job - tiger P for example. Admittedly it doesn’t have 6 shots but over a reload cycle the DPM won’t be that different.  What does matter though is how the team reacts to the line up in front of them.  

In in order to win at blitz - something I am not great at - requires a bit of team play, a dose of luck and some situational awareness.  Oh and a bit of game skill. Depending on the mix you are presented with in each game the result follows.  The balance of the equation verses the oppo will decide the game.

We have all seen teams outgunned by heavies win convincingly when played well.  One tank model doesn’t  unbalance the game -  good players driving them do.  There are plenty of  tanks that when driven well by good players cause havoc and mayhem carrying the day. 

Yeah, but where are the weak spots on the gravedigger? You mentioned the tiger p well it has some good weak spots! A rather nice bottom plate that you can hit a lot better than the gravedigger! Then if you go up a little the tiger P has a machine gun port, small mind you but you can hit it! And then if you go up a little farther you see the cherry on the cake! It has a commanders cupola the size of a small building! A huge weak spot! There is no comparison between the OP gravedigger and the tiger P!

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #13 Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:41 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 49596 battles
  • [RA1D]
I dont find the Grave Digger OP at all. Yes, armour is great, but it needs to be because you absolutely cant trade with this thing. Other Heavies can use their armour to trade shots, Grave Digger has to push the reds because it needs the 3 seconds to put all shots in. And even if it does pen all shots (which it rarely does because pen sucks and you cant aim all) burst damage is only 560, so far away from the havoc that hightier autoloaders like the AMX Heavies can inflict. Plus there is the Gun Depression issue, plus the weak turret cheeks that can be penned by prammo etc etc. Maybe its just me being a noob but so far I really dont like the tank. Luckily I already have the Tankenstein, otherwise I would be annoyed I went for the Digger.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

Player_4847592806 #14 Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3865 battles
  • [-SD-]
Against tier 6 tanks it’s massively op and it works against tier 7 ones. But against tier 8 ones it really needs to flank to pen something. If it could reliable pen IS tanks it would be op overall.

jylpah #15 Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19224 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostBigFluffyBear, on 28 October 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

No worries, when they nerf it, it will become crap...

Yep, I am sensing the Collectable Tanks were created as an answer to the question:

"We should make really exciting events where players could get super-OP tanks. They would end up paying gold to get those since we never let them grind the tanks for free, hahaha-haa!"

"Vladimir, you tricky bastard! Drink more. We tried it with Dracula and Helsing, but the Andrei from the Balance Department gave me a beating with a crowbar"

"Igor, Vladimir made a good point can I get more vodka?"

"No, you useless"

"Igor, what about we create a new tank class that is not a premium tank so we can nerf them as we like?"

"Rasputin, I said not to drink more!"

"No-no. That was a great idea! We create new tank type and offer every new event super-OP tanks as a reward. BUT, since those are not premium tanks, we can nerf crapout of them after 2 months and just keep on releasing new OP tanks".

"Wonderful! What about Andrei, shall he be mad?"

"Hmmn. What if we change the door and locks to our department first?"

"Igor, that's a great plan. Now more vodka"

Edited by jylpah, 29 October 2018 - 09:08 AM.

Just a little buff for Panther II, please 

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking   Blitz-tools   

DumbApe #16 Posted 29 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27265 battles
  • [HRG]

View PostAGENDA_PLAYER_1000, on 29 October 2018 - 03:07 AM, said:

Yeah, but where are the weak spots on the gravedigger? You mentioned the tiger p well it has some good weak spots! A rather nice bottom plate that you can hit a lot better than the gravedigger! Then if you go up a little the tiger P has a machine gun port, small mind you but you can hit it! And then if you go up a little farther you see the cherry on the cake! It has a commanders cupola the size of a small building! A huge weak spot! There is no comparison between the OP gravedigger and the tiger P!

Here is the front of both the Tiger P and the Gravedigger

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.50.49.png    Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.51.01.png    Similar  

Sides 

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.51.14.png   Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.51.25.png    Similar  

Back  

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.51.36.png     Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 11.51.44.png    Similar  

This is them shooting at each other, but if you check out armour inspector you'll see both lights and Meds can pen the Gravedigger too in the same spots. The area around the base of the turret is a good spot to aim at if close up as it can freeze the move or at least slow the traverse down. From a distance the sheer size of the GD makes it an easy target and any downward shot is much more likely to pen the front as a result of the angle being negated and the cupola is a bigger target too. 

In damage terms the GD has 2113 DPM and the Tiger P around 80 less.  Ok the GD can clip dump 6 rounds in just over 4 seconds, but they don't all pen for me.  So from the first shot its 4 secs plus the 12 second reload which gives you time to shoot twice for 400+ damage and find cover and you be reloaded with your 3rd shot later adding another 200+ damage 3 secs later.  

So game play going head to head it'll be close with everything pretty much depending on who gets the bounces... but that isn't the way the Tiger (or other tanks) should fight the GD. Either shoot from cover and not giving them the chance to land all 6 shots and try to use the reload time (albeit only 12secs) to get another shot in.  

You eat the elephant one mouthful at a time and if you get a bit of help with a shot or two from team mates the Gravedigger isn't a problem at all.  I'd add though don't give them the opportunity to ram though as that is a one sided equation.     

Edited by DumbApe, 29 October 2018 - 02:38 PM.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

romsitsa #17 Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 47645 battles
  • [VG]

Black Prince.

A

Player_4847592806 #18 Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3865 battles
  • [-SD-]
The area of the Tiger above the tracks which is easier to pen than the GD area inside his tracks. It gets some strange bounces there.

diggsjb #19 Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30632 battles
  • [GREEN]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 29 October 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostTitus_Scato, on 24 October 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Does this mean that there will still be 2 American light tanks at Tier VI in the Update 5.5 tech tree?  The Chaffee AND the T37?

Yes.

View PostBoarBah, on 24 October 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Can we please have some clarity on what is happening to tanks being removed from the tech tree that we have researched and owned but have since sold? Will we get all these as collector's tanks with free garage slots, or do I have to buy back any that I want to keep before update 5.5 kicks in?

You have to buy those tanks before 5.5 release. This is why we announce update earlier than usually - you can get prepared for update.

I frankly think that all fantasy tanks should be limited to their own kind because it’s taking the fun out of the game to have stupidly op tanks running around between ww2 era authentic looking/moving tanks.

besides it’s unfair to all playing that a rank noob buys a premium tank, joins a match and yolos him/herself to death immediately unbalancing the team. It’s come to a point now that it’s almost a roll of the dice even if your team has the better collection of tanks than the other because most started playing last week and already playing in whichever tier they please. Wotblitz was always about the challenge between relatively equal strength players but it’s diminishing day by day. Sorry about the rant.

diggsjb #20 Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30632 battles
  • [GREEN]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 29 October 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

View PostTitus_Scato, on 24 October 2018 - 07:07 PM, said:

Does this mean that there will still be 2 American light tanks at Tier VI in the Update 5.5 tech tree?  The Chaffee AND the T37?

Yes.

View PostBoarBah, on 24 October 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Can we please have some clarity on what is happening to tanks being removed from the tech tree that we have researched and owned but have since sold? Will we get all these as collector's tanks with free garage slots, or do I have to buy back any that I want to keep before update 5.5 kicks in?

You have to buy those tanks before 5.5 release. This is why we announce update earlier than usually - you can get prepared for update.

I frankly think that all fantasy tanks should be limited to their own kind because it’s taking the fun out of the game to have stupidly op tanks running around between ww2 era authentic looking/moving tanks.

besides it’s unfair to all playing that a rank noob buys a premium tank, joins a match and yolos him/herself to death immediately unbalancing the team. It’s come to a point now that it’s almost a roll of the dice even if your team has the better collection of tanks than the other because most started playing last week and already playing in whichever tier they please. Wotblitz was always about the challenge between relatively equal strength players but it’s diminishing day by day. Sorry about the rant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users