Halloween 2018 event poll

Halloween 2018 event gravedigger scavenger tankenstein

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Halloween 2018 poll (50 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Which tanks did you get?

1. Scavenger (44 votes [56.41%])

Percentage of vote: 56.41%

2. Tankenstein (8 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

3. Gravedigger (23 votes [29.49%])

Percentage of vote: 29.49%

4. None (3 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Did you pay gold to get these tanks?

1. Yes (15 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

2. No (35 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

Did you enjoy the event?

1. Yes (39 votes [78.00%])

Percentage of vote: 78.00%

2. No (11 votes [22.00%])

Percentage of vote: 22.00%

Vote Hide poll

Jokeri17_destroyer #1 Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:51 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20103 battles
  • [-777-]
Hi! I’m just curious so I made this poll.

Mjr_Eazy #2 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 32667 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I paid 4.8k gold for Gravedigger in the end, but can always get 2.5k back so I think the 2.3 I paid is a goos deal, it’s very good when top tier...

I love the Mad Games modifications and the quite like the new Wastelands map in it, I think they should keep the Mad Games mode and make it the only option for all fantasy tanks - Drac, Helsing, Lupus, WH40K etc

#KeepMadGamesPostEvent #BanishFantasyTanksToMadGames

547146227.png

jonty_2014 #3 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 73223 battles
  • [EMRS]
4.5k gold for Gravedigger

Empros is recruiting! Message me in game to apply.

Jokeri17_destroyer #4 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20103 battles
  • [-777-]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 31 October 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

I paid 4.8k gold for Gravedigger in the end, but can always get 2.5k back so I think the 2.3 I paid is a goos deal, it’s very good when top tier...

I love the Mad Games modifications and the quite like the new Wastelands map in it, I think they should keep the Mad Games mode and make it the only option for all fantasy tanks - Drac, Helsing, Lupus, WH40K etc

#KeepMadGamesPostEvent #BanishFantasyTanksToMadGames

The problem with that is matchmaking. I don’t think there are enought players to keep mad games, as there are often only 30 players matching for mad games. And don’t you think it would be too harsh to only let fantasy tanks play on three maps? With the childish tank modifications?

Jokeri17_destroyer #5 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20103 battles
  • [-777-]
I got the scavenger on the first day, compared the event tank prices and decided to go for the cheaper tankenstein, which took me 9 days to get (for free). I mostly did this grind in random battles since I find mad games too unpredictable and played mostly my löwe.

killerkiller777 #6 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 34575 battles
  • [TNG]

I have got the Scavenger and GD for free. I am still grinding some tanks, I could play tanks with 75% crew and moving them to 100% crew, so, yes, was a nice and good event even required a lot of "work".

Thank you for removing timers and spare parts, now please do the same with Military Honor !

onlypainhurts #7 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 45174 battles
  • [XFIRE]
Didnt bother to participate, through normal playing i got the scavenger but havent bothered to play it, and a handful of boosters from the 4 or 5 steps to the grave digger i finished.  I find these types of events demotivate me really.   I figure why bother to grind if i am going to just wind up paying gold anyways?  I really dont understand the psychology of that,  I cant get excited to grind and go oooohh i'm gonna get a big discount!   For the amount I play neither tank was obtainable for free.  Maybe i'm just burned out from the events and maybe even the game in general.   When there were 3 events a year that was one thing.  But now i do the same, i play my normal games, take my hanful of boosters and call it a day. 

"Oderint dum Metuant"

DtheHun #8 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48720 battles
  • [-DAD-]
Got Scavenger on the first couple of days of the event and ground hard for the gravedigger.  I foolishly started my event before the weekend so didn't get 2 weekends to grind but put in a lot of grinding on the weekend and got to the gravedigger last stage about 1/3 complete.  Ended up paying 3.2k gold for the gravedigger.  Less than a pack of fags in my book so worth it given the amount of grind I put in.

RynnivaTykki #9 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 69769 battles
  • [OXGEN]

This was a megagrind, sometimes tiring, but fine. The game needs this kind of events too, once in a while.

Got the Scav and the GD for free. Don't care for fantasy tanks, but it is very nice to have the option to sell them for gold.

So actually this was the first ever gold-grinding event. Hope there will be more gold rewards/options also in future events.

_RagingRabbit_ #10 Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 15818 battles
  • [FTC-4]

I got the Scavenger easily enough, and I bought the Gravedigger for 4500 gold. If it sucks or gets nerfed into the ground I can always sell it for 2500 so that's not too pricy.

I bought some crates too because I want the helsing and I should not have done that. RIP my gold, no tank 

_FREE__SQU1RREL_ #11 Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:28 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44937 battles
  • [-TXC-]
got grave digger and scavenger for free, also enjoyed mad games a bit

DumbApe #12 Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 31892 battles
  • [HRG]
Got the GD for around 2700 and thoroughly enjoyed the new map that I think should retained.  Those special skills I am not so sure on though.  Maybe only roll them out for special occasions.  With reference to Fantasy tanks, WG might want to give players the choice of opting out of playing against them if they have strong views, but I am not that fussed TBH.  

Edited by DumbApe, 31 October 2018 - 03:44 PM.

Old Ape new tricks. Go Ape Be happy Party On!    

Hell Raiser Gang [HRG] -   Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

RingPing #13 Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5929 battles
  • [RIH]

I got tankenstein for free after playing 8hrs a day for 8 days, but it was the half term and i have no life so this was possible for me, gotta say, lovely tank, love lobbing naval shells (especially those semi-ap shells) at unsuspecting tanks. Very good ammo cracker. So far ammoracked and IS1 and a su100.

Scav, i really don't play alot, hull down GOD at tier 5 though.

Mad games was good fun, dusted off my IS3 and IS7 and went running round teleporting behing people, teleport ramming, good stuff.

Edited by RingPing, 31 October 2018 - 06:42 PM.

SinFFX1 #14 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17750 battles
got scavenger and gravedigger, sold scavenger(trash tank IMO). event was awful, to much grind , not very rewarding, just another OP tank in tier 7.

Colmain595 #15 Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44753 battles
  • [KRH]

View PostSinFFX1, on 31 October 2018 - 10:01 PM, said:

got scavenger and gravedigger, sold scavenger(trash tank IMO). event was awful, to much grind , not very rewarding, just another OP tank in tier 7.

Seriously?  It has been a breath of fresh air.  An event like no other WG has put on so far.  The sales pitch with the videos was both different and amusing.  The event gave everybody the opportunity to win a tier 5 tank without trying too hard by simply playing the game.  The Scavenger isn't all that bad as it goes.  Then we all had the opportunity to play towards either the Gravedigger or Tankenstein.  Both of which are decent wagons.  It's up to you, the player, if you want to persue one or both, giving you, the player, the choice of how much 'pressure' you want to put yourself under in order to gain a free tank, if you want to that is.

All of of this set in that crazy world of MAD.  What a great place it is too.  It's not meant to be taken seriously, it's pure fun.  All those MAD power ups.  Some wagons outrageously OP as a result, others completely useless and many in between.  Didn't you have fun trying out and experimenting with the wagons from your garage, seeing which ones could do what and perform well, discovering your own MAD play style?  

And if MAD wasn't for you, you had the choice to crack on as usual in either ranked or random battles.  In both of which you could still work towards the 3 tanks on offer.

If the event felt like a chore or grind, then maybe a wee break from the game might be an idea.  I fail to see how you cannot be happy with the event.  If it was such a grind for you why play?  The gravedigger isn't that much of a beast.  Much like any wagon, learn its weaknesses and it's easily countered and defeated.

I'm not WGs greatest fan but I enjoy this game of theirs.  I spend money on it because it's fun and I enjoy it.  I like to think I help keep it going by doing so.  I'm fussy as to what I buy and how often.  I'm fortunate in that I can afford to spend on the game, I know many cannot.

For me this has been the best event ever.  I hope WG put on more events similar to this in the future.  Just think, they could creates an arena similar to MAD games but with different themes, German tanks only, a given tier only, tank type only, whatever.  I believe they will.  After all, after update 5.5 WG will have plenty of collectible tanks to offer as prizes/giveaways.

Happy hunting.

Huzzah!!!

TangoAlpha1 #16 Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 68439 battles
  • [TENC]
Don’t like novelty tanks, so I put zero effort in, got a Scavenger which I won’t use and a lot of Poosters, these tanks ruin the game for me but WG make a shed ton of wedge from them so I have to live with it.

Just_merpug #17 Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 53483 battles
  • [AFK]
Got the Scavenger, used the event to have fun and to grind a handful of new tanks from scratch. Couldn't be arsed to do the sums or spend the time to figure out whether the other two were attainable, got some free XP, happy with that.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

MikkelTJ #18 Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46691 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostColmain595, on 31 October 2018 - 11:31 PM, said:

Seriously?  It has been a breath of fresh air.  An event like no other WG has put on so far.  The sales pitch with the videos was both different and amusing.  The event gave everybody the opportunity to win a tier 5 tank without trying too hard by simply playing the game.  The Scavenger isn't all that bad as it goes.  Then we all had the opportunity to play towards either the Gravedigger or Tankenstein.  Both of which are decent wagons.  It's up to you, the player, if you want to persue one or both, giving you, the player, the choice of how much 'pressure' you want to put yourself under in order to gain a free tank, if you want to that is.

All of of this set in that crazy world of MAD.  What a great place it is too.  It's not meant to be taken seriously, it's pure fun.  All those MAD power ups.  Some wagons outrageously OP as a result, others completely useless and many in between.  Didn't you have fun trying out and experimenting with the wagons from your garage, seeing which ones could do what and perform well, discovering your own MAD play style?  

And if MAD wasn't for you, you had the choice to crack on as usual in either ranked or random battles.  In both of which you could still work towards the 3 tanks on offer.

If the event felt like a chore or grind, then maybe a wee break from the game might be an idea.  I fail to see how you cannot be happy with the event.  If it was such a grind for you why play?  The gravedigger isn't that much of a beast.  Much like any wagon, learn its weaknesses and it's easily countered and defeated.

I'm not WGs greatest fan but I enjoy this game of theirs.  I spend money on it because it's fun and I enjoy it.  I like to think I help keep it going by doing so.  I'm fussy as to what I buy and how often.  I'm fortunate in that I can afford to spend on the game, I know many cannot.

For me this has been the best event ever.  I hope WG put on more events similar to this in the future.  Just think, they could creates an arena similar to MAD games but with different themes, German tanks only, a given tier only, tank type only, whatever.  I believe they will.  After all, after update 5.5 WG will have plenty of collectible tanks to offer as prizes/giveaways.

Happy hunting.

Huzzah!!!

Well put, +1 from me.

Just_merpug #19 Posted 02 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 53483 battles
  • [AFK]
Starting to find Mad Games too samey. Not many tanks actually work well and there are too few maps.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

MikkelTJ #20 Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 46691 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 02 November 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

Starting to find Mad Games too samey. Not many tanks actually work well and there are too few maps.

Agreed on both points. But it has been huge fun while it lasted, really something new in the game. I hope they bring it back in future events, they can adjust the balance of the mods a bit and add more maps to the rotation.

When the event is over, I am going to miss the irradiator+hesh combination on my death star, hitting someone for 2000 dmg i huge fun.

Also tagged with Halloween, 2018, event, gravedigger, scavenger, tankenstein

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users