Best tier 8 TD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

reekoiler #1 Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61892 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I have four of these, each very different.   They probably tell a story about the kind of player I am.   Which is best?   And which, outside these four, do you think I should investigate?

Ferdinand

My favourite, just acquired.   You don’t see them often.   I had the impression when I did of something with very tough armour.   Turns out the frontal armour is excellent.   Lots of bounces when slighłty angled.   Gun depression is workable.   Gun is excellent with high pen.

T28 prototype

Second fave.  Which is weird because I hated it to begin with.   It was damned slow and my mind had been poisoned by a very negative review by Bushka.   But, it’s frontal armour and gun depression are good.   It will go through anything.   Once you know where to go on each map, it works OK.

ISU152

Gun awesome but the armour sucks.   There certainly are players who can make the first work while coping with the latter, but I am not among them.

AT15

Pound for pound, maybe the best of the British TD line (up to tier 9 - don’t have the Death Star yet).   Great gun and, if you know what you ate doing, great armour.   Unfortunately, I haven’t the knack.

The Ferdinand has the right balance for me.   More mobile than the proto and AT15, very decent gun and armour I can make work.

What do you think?

G4X7 #2 Posted 04 November 2018 - 02:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Community Contributor
  • 25054 battles
  • [NOM4D]
The T28 proto made me so desperate that I just had to sell it right at the beginning. I had no other choice :teethhappy:

One of the last veterans which had to leave the game :(

Tijgerhaai_XIV #3 Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 12761 battles
  • [ALBA]
Good topic. Looking forward to replies, though cannot contribute very much as I don't have any tier VIII TDs :)

Surprised though about Ferdi, nearly every time I've seen one they do a good impression of a piñata. Maybe it is like the E50, I know it is a good tank, but never seen it driven well.

reekoiler #4 Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61892 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostG4X7, on 04 November 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

The T28 proto made me so desperate that I just had to sell it right at the beginning. I had no other choice :teethhappy:

I absolutely hated it to begin with but wouldn’t part with it now.   You have to accept you will be horribly out of position in some battles but once you have a collection of places to go on each map then it eats through reds.

reekoiler #5 Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 61892 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View PostTijgerhaai_XIV, on 04 November 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Good topic. Looking forward to replies, though cannot contribute very much as I don't have any tier VIII TDs :)

Surprised though about Ferdi, nearly every time I've seen one they do a good impression of a piñata. Maybe it is like the E50, I know it is a good tank, but never seen it driven well.

Side and rear armour are negligible but 200 mm frontal armour, especially slightly angled, gets plenty of bounces.   Dunno why but I get more bounces with this than the AT15.

Mjr_Eazy #6 Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 43132 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I have the WZ-120-1 FT, Jpanther II and Borsig, WZ is OP but I suck in it as a noob, not played JPII enough to really comment but I find the Borsig very good, I’m terrible in TD’s in general but it has enough mobility for me to be up near where the action is which is how I like it and rolls out some serious dmg when top tier, hard work when up-tiered mind.  I find the AT’s fairly eaay to kill, I’d much rather face them than a Ferdinand...

547146227.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users