The Legacy of the Mad Games

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

llo1 #1 Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25376 battles
  • [1RTR]

Well, you will probably know from previous posts that I was not a fan of the Mad Games scenario.

I however, have played a few battles to increase silver, buy new tanks, equip said tanks etc.

Decided that as the Mad system seems even worse that I would expect this week, with clan mates posting seriously long wait times to get in battle, and then seriously repetitive losses, after loss, after loss......then I would go back to Regular battles.

Generally, this seems to also be a poor decision:

- players seem to have forgotten how to play, they don't know terrain, or strategy, or even what their tank is and is not capable of!

- tanks sit in the open waiting to be destroyed 

- use of the terrain gets people calling for "campers" to delete game, especially if they are destroyed whilst sitting in the open and not moving whilst they trade shots across the map!

- drivers of the scavengers seem to think that they are the only people who know what they are doing, anyone who cannot keep up in a slower heavy is inactive, anyone who doesn't do exactly what they want should be reported and bullying the rest of the team into reporting the object or their ire!

AND that brings me to the MH....maybe my brain was also not in gear, but I get a single game under my belt and my MH dives significantly.....

I had forgotten that whilst not playing (work and hols) and playing only Mad battles for the silver, That NO details apart from number of battles, are recorded in the WG stats. Therefore apparently MH is continually reducing and ANY downvote seriously effects the MH....and of course.  WG do not allow ANY appeals against their seriously flawed useless MH!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

Peddy_tanj_it #2 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:07 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 48957 battles
  • [TANG]

Mad battle do not count towards stats so it did not matter if you lost.  The grind meant people wanted games to be fast so they could get more games completed quickly to help with the grind. 

Lemming tactics and brawling were common also the various upgrades only lasted for a short time so to win they would rush to do things, at least in the few mad games I played. 

This rush rush must go quick spilled over into the normal games. 

MH Is virtually pointless. Has been for a long time at best it reduces the salty language a bit at worst it punishes unfairly. 

There Ain't No Justice = TANJ 

no1_c_nt #3 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 675 battles

I'm just using it for acumulatinga silver, boosters and freexp.....like someone else said it doesn't matter if you win or lose.....can even play watching telly ;)

llo1 #4 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25376 battles
  • [1RTR]

I'm sorry, maybe it's just me, but I thought I had expressed myself quite clearly.....

I am not commenting on the run of the Mad games....BUT on the legacy that quite a lot of players have converted BACK to regular games and are simply unable to realise that the play they have been following in the Mad games simp,y has zero chance of reaping anything whilst back in the regular gameplay!

And that their inability to realise the difference is leading to more toxic behaviour as (of course) every problem they encounter is simply due to everyone else .......not anything to their still trying to play Mad!!!!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

jonty_2014 #5 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 58663 battles
  • [EMRS]
For me:

Silver & XP earned... especially on the VK45.02 B

Higher tiers don’t seem to be too affected.

Having Aced my Scavenger, I’m unlikely to go back to it....

faustkern #6 Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18638 battles
  • [TWSS]
TBH the only reason why I returned to the game and played a couple (and grind some credits, free XP, etc) was MAD GAMES. When it stops I will probably stop playing again.

StijnIn #7 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10693 battles
  • [DACII]
It's a nice break from regular gameplay and a good way to grind difficult tanks like the VK45A. And to get to know some of youre new tanks - esp T10 - without wrecking your stats. I actually like WR is not impacted, makes it feel like pleasure instead of work ;-)
In bello parvis momentis magni casus intercedunt

Markat26 #8 Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16167 battles
  • [LBTU]

View Postfaustkern, on 08 November 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

TBH the only reason why I returned to the game and played a couple (and grind some credits, free XP, etc) was MAD GAMES. When it stops I will probably stop playing again.

But why would you ply a game to grind credits and xp if have no intention to play again?

Fugit555 #9 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:14 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19682 battles
  • [FTC-1]
Alas there does seem to be a legacy overflow from playing mad games, that I agree. In mad games it’s just good fun, no worries about WR, MH or anything really - other than having a good laugh! Its good to yolo, it’s good to play like a complete and utter noob without any consequences, but yes players then sometimes forget that normal battles are completely different. Yes some have forgotten how to play, not falling into bad game play but falling into mad games mood, but I also saw the opposite the other way, where players in mad games fell into normal game mood. Too much of a good thing can be bad for you, but I haven’t played any mad games since the gravedigger event ended, not because I don’t like mad games, far from it, but because of other commitments. I hope mad games stays personally, because I think it’s good to escape from the normal games to have some fun every now and then. However, mad games gameplay will continue to come out in normal battles I’m afraid until it either disappears or players learn to adapt.

Ours is not to reason why, ours is just to kill, kill kill

War is hell...maybe

Chairman_merpug #10 Posted 09 November 2018 - 03:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35890 battles
  • [AFK]
Not seen much evidence of this, myself. Except in my own head, occasionally...

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Mjr_Eazy #11 Posted 09 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19804 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I’ve not seen much of it either, teams seem just as terrible as ever, I can manage to carry sometimes between 10pm and 11am but in peak times it’s not so often...

I played most of my mad games at tier viii, CDC, natch, what a blast and I actually thought team work was better!  A lot of the time that was the whole team one side but at least you had medics healing, and people taking advantage of the extra dmg thingy and focus firing on some poor sap...

Wait until 3-4 weeks after 5.5 and tiers vi-x are even worse than now as they’re full of newbies & noobs who got through their grind in 10’s of battles and/or bought a high tier premium cos they’re bored in tiers i-v, we’re gonna look back as 5.4 as the good ole days!

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users