Faust map - is it just me?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Markat26 #1 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16167 battles
  • [LBTU]

I can't remember ever winning a game on this map. Is there a way to find out? 

There seems too may angles to fire, hull down, side scrape, whatever - front line, or support. You can't safely relocate once spotted. Can't hold a flank.

I'm not a super player, hell no! But surely I should be able to win a game. And what's happened to MartinDogger's map guides?

Help!!!!

Pururut #2 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21993 battles
  • [1RTR_]
Remember; high ground and bushes. Faust is one of the best maps imo because its design hinders potential all-to-one-flank steamrolls.
Lemon ginger is best wafer.

Wildoneshelper #3 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8965 battles
  • [GNEIS]

View PostMarkat26, on 08 November 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

I can't remember ever winning a game on this map. Is there a way to find out? 

There seems too may angles to fire, hull down, side scrape, whatever - front line, or support. You can't safely relocate once spotted. Can't hold a flank.

I'm not a super player, hell no! But surely I should be able to win a game. And what's happened to MartinDogger's map guides?

Help!!!!

Generally the southwestern corner is a pretty good place, especially for mediums where you can decide how to flank and good hull down spots there. The northeastern corner is pretty open and is quite a no-go zone for mediums. The hull down spots there is not effective since the viewing area is not as wide as in the southwestern corner.

A dedicated hater of KV-2 since day one. (Unpopular opinion :P )

Titus_Scato #4 Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:18 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39296 battles
  • [1RTR]

Lol, that’s a hard map to figure out.

Won my last game on it by capping the base in my KV-220 - no-one expected it, and the reds started panicking when the counter reached 75% - they rushed me and decapped, but ended up being easy targets for my teammates!  Like shooting fish in a barrel.

minitelrose #5 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59385 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostTitus_Scato, on 09 November 2018 - 02:18 AM, said:

Lol, that’s a hard map to figure out.

Won my last game on it by capping the base in my KV-220 - no-one expected it, and the reds started panicking when the counter reached 75% - they rushed me and decapped, but ended up being easy targets for my teammates!  Like shooting fish in a barrel.

I love capping games. But that might not be a good advice for OP ?

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

minitelrose #6 Posted 09 November 2018 - 02:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59385 battles
  • [AFK]

Faust is a very good map. Indeed threat can come from everywhere, and more than most maps, you need to play by looking at the minimap.

Encounter 

The way I play it is very classic (for me at least) try to win against enemy meds first. If u kill all their fast tanks the game will be less chaotic and shots won’t fly from all directions. It will slow the game down to more predictable sh!t. If there are no meds or if they drove with their heavies, then I expect my team to slow them on one side, and ravage them on the other side. 

All together her isn’t a strong move on this map. Which is why I like it so much. You can slow even a big party down, and flanking or sniping is very easy. If you are a fat bunch of lumpies chances are your wool will get cut on your back from everywhere.

all of this said, some of my mates like the heavy side and it has its merits. Good Hull down, good bushes, possibilities for moving, retreating, changing lanes. 

Supremacy 

Really there is one side with 3 bases and one side with only one. Fighting for the lone base more than 20s is making sure to be down under the water level very soon. The rest I play like said above. 

Overall its its a very mobile map, that rewards map awareness and allows to visit almost the entire map every game. It might be unpredictable at times, especially  in the later game, but that is what makes a great map according to me : a map that makes use of every square inch.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Mjr_Eazy #7 Posted 09 November 2018 - 06:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19804 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I agree with mini, it’s a great map, in fact it’s my favourite, I love the different levels, I think it’s really helping me wirh learning to use the mini-map and my situational awareness as you really have to pay attention on it...

I win more than I lose on it, if you stick with it, it will click...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

JJSawry #8 Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28189 battles
  • [EU]
Which one is Faust? The nuclear bunker one? That's a pretty nice map, it's also lovely that it's large and there's stuff to do.

jylpah #9 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:03 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13121 battles
  • [AFK]
Me no like Faust. Too arcade.

"All game mechanics work equally for all the players." , WarGaming

Jylpah @EU  Jylpah @Asia  Tier V-X Tank Ranking     

Mjr_Eazy #10 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19804 battles
  • [BT_SV]

JjSawry - yeah, that’s the one with the v2 launch whilst waiting for battle to commence...

I think Jylpah may have hit the nail on the head there, I loved the mad games arcade mode and that’s probably why I like Faust too...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

jylpah #11 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13121 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 09 November 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

JjSawry - yeah, that’s the one with the v2 launch whilst waiting for battle to commence...

I think Jylpah may have hit the nail on the head there, I loved the mad games arcade mode and that’s probably why I like Faust too...

Blitz v5.6 will introduce teleports for tanks and tanks that come back to life after destruction:P

Mjr_Eazy #12 Posted 09 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19804 battles
  • [BT_SV]

View Postjylpah, on 09 November 2018 - 08:26 AM, said:

Blitz v5.6 will introduce teleports for tanks and tanks that come back to life after destruction:P

Oh, I wish it were true ;)

Dreadbane #13 Posted 09 November 2018 - 11:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21705 battles
I hates it...I really really hates it...

bunnybun123 #14 Posted 09 November 2018 - 12:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12158 battles
  • [FTC-1]

I actually like the fact that you can shoot from different angles. And there's a lot of cover too so I'm not getting nailed as I was on old Vineyards. 1 wrong move there and you were dead (I have died an awful lot...).

You can actually win on both sides of the map so that makes it also more fun. And sometimes it's nice to shoot reds into their sides because they were stupid enough to try to cap. Because yes, the cap is worthless on this map like it is on most maps, except for Canal maybe.

Didn't try it with Supremacy on yet, but an important rule is to try to get the most bases, so don't go for the most isolated base :)

jylpah #15 Posted 10 November 2018 - 10:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13121 battles
  • [AFK]

View Postbunnybun123, on 09 November 2018 - 02:51 PM, said:

I actually like the fact that you can shoot from different angles. And there's a lot of cover too so I'm not getting nailed as I was on old Vineyards. 1 wrong move there and you were dead (I have died an awful lot...).

Oh, Vineyards is the best map in the game. The old one was good too.

Mjr_Eazy #16 Posted 10 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 19804 battles
  • [BT_SV]
I love Vineyards too, I still would like the old evening one back but I have to admit I think the other changes have improved it and I’ve stolen chairman_merpugs technique of going middle, you can really rain some pain down on reds, or if in a fast light using the dips between he city and where cap is on encounter to spot and get some cheeky un-spotted shots in to noobs going city or slow heavies going the other way but too slow off the mark, then scooting the hell out of dodge as reds then often try and rush you there, hopefully someone in greens has listned to what I said in pre-battle chat and it’s some easy pickings for the big guns!  It provides a perfect environment for proper scouting and spotting...

Chairman_merpug #17 Posted 11 November 2018 - 01:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 35890 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 10 November 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

I love Vineyards too, I still would like the old evening one back but I have to admit I think the other changes have improved it and I’ve stolen chairman_merpugs technique of going middle, you can really rain some pain down on reds, or if in a fast light using the dips between he city and where cap is on encounter to spot and get some cheeky un-spotted shots in to noobs going city or slow heavies going the other way but too slow off the mark, then scooting the hell out of dodge as reds then often try and rush you there, hopefully someone in greens has listned to what I said in pre-battle chat and it’s some easy pickings for the big guns!  It provides a perfect environment for proper scouting and spotting...

The problem with going cap is teams flank too often. 

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

jylpah #18 Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13121 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 11 November 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

I actually think it was a good idea to drop the evening theme. One could get substantial advantage there by just adjusting device brightness settings and that should not be part of the gameplay.

harrier_77 #19 Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 40481 battles
  • [NX6]

Vineyards is one of the most annoying maps for me, mainly because you always get those one or two mongtards who head to town and get wasted without firing a shot. However, if you get a clued up team who all head for ruins it's normally going to be a win.

I'm in the minority on map choice, my fave is himmelsdorf, love that trainyard.

Edited by harrier_77, 11 November 2018 - 08:24 AM.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

llo1 #20 Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 25376 battles
  • [1RTR]

Centre every time!

However you are totally reliant on having a team who have a "modicum of nouse" on your side.....

The town seems to be off limits on the majority of occasions, same as the ruins, but if the reds do go to either of these locations, and the greens do all go to centre, then the battle can be quite close.

Any single tank that diverts away from the team can have such a detrimental effect, then you are totally reliant on team work!

Certified member, Save the Littlepard Foundation

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users