93 replies to this topic

Titus_Scato #21 Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 39501 battles
  • [1RTR]

Suggestion:

Give HEAT shells the same damage as AP.

Reason: HEAT shells are less reliable than APCR because their penetration is thwarted by destructable obstacles like crates, by hitting the target’s tracks, and by hitting spaced armour.  APCR doesn’t suffer from any of those disadvantages.  And the fact that HEAT penetration is not reduced at long range isn’t sufficient to compensate for those disadvantages.

Giving HEAT shells AP damage will make HEAT firing tanks attractive again.  Right now players prefer APCR firing tanks for their reliability.

Chairman_merpug #22 Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36796 battles
  • [AFK]
Think the avatars are a bit silly, but like the starting screen and player indicator.
New map is much fun. Bumpier than I expected, and the Horsa arriving was a bit unnerving.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

petrolhead63 #23 Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 44839 battles
  • [REQ]

View PostChairman_merpug, on 05 December 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

Think the avatars are a bit silly, but like the starting screen and player indicator.
New map is much fun. Bumpier than I expected, and the Horsa arriving was a bit unnerving.

I agree the avatars are daft.

I also find the loading screen, and results screens, way too busy now. It’s like some child got a graphics app for Christmas, and after too many E numbers went bloody mental on ‘enhancing’ everything to the max. And the poosters thing at the bottom of the start screen, please :sceptic:, are there not already enough reminders that we got these things!

Haven’t had a game on the new map yet but running around it in training room it seems it’ll be a mediums and lights maps. TDs will have a hard time especially if they’re slow and/or have bad traverse. Although the protected cap spaces in side the L shape of the crashed plane/glider’s fuselage/wing junction might make for a good heavy/derp cap strategy.

You're only as good as your last battle.

geomal #24 Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30366 battles
  • [-GRC-]

Funny, these avatars look like they have escaped from a children game. Where did you say was your new GM working before? In minecraft or in pokemon?

ExtraIS #25 Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4700 battles
  • [GOD5]
When the all tiers are dead, then must stay and wait for the time and when time finish then in fits history dont see nothink about fite!!!

Cornish_Dyowl #26 Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30294 battles
  • [AFK]

Hi RibbleStripe,

Can we have another update on the AMX 13 57 camo please?

One of my clan members has been testing camo values on all tanks in training rooms, and the camo values are still awful for a light tank.

I appreciate that in 5.6 it has now been given the same camo values whether it is moving or stationary, but it is still awful.  It has the same overall camo rating of a much larger medium tank.

Looking forward to your reply.

View PostFrodo_Nifinger, on 05 December 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

I have retested AMX 13 57 after new update, where they would fix the light camo issue

They made it light camo rules allright but ...AMX 13 57 has now a camo value moving and sitting still of 20,92%

In comparison the AMX 13/75, same tank bigger gun has a value of 32,08%

The difference in spotting range from a STB1 is 55 meters.

To put this in perspective. T-54 a tier 9 medium has better camovalue while moving! 22,58%

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/48048-spotting-mechanisms-of-wotb-a-paper-by-frodo-nifinger-fied-camo-on-amx-13-57-yeah-right/page__st__20__pid__761233#entry761233

Edited by Cornish_Dyowl, 05 December 2018 - 10:03 PM.

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

Player_4847592806 #27 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]
This update reseted my rating and I had to play calibration battles again the only problem is I got your usual imbecile teams and won just 40% of the battles. Therefore I dropped from well within the platinum league to the silver league which means I have to play with morons until I can enjoy quality platinum league games. Now given this stuff is a rollercoaster ride I’m not game so see you at the next reset for rating battles :teethhappy:

Vampiric_H4mster #28 Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5599 battles
  • [KV-2]

Im not sure if it is the update - I have little to measure it against, however Im now waiting between 5 and 10 minutes+ waiting for a game ?

Is it that people are walking away from the game and there are fewer players or has the matching process been altered in some way ? I'm at the point of thinking playing 2 or 3 matches every 30 minutes doesnt fill my craving and I'm looking at other games in my steam library..

ExtraIS #29 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 4700 battles
  • [GOD5]
I has buy T26E1 for 15eu but its not come to my tier slots, money from paypal has take it !!! 2 days waiting, can that fix or return my money ?  Name ExtraIS Europe server.

PZGER_BamBamBooom #30 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 45839 battles
  • [PZGER]

A problem has arisen! You end the fight the clock keeps running and after the clock it goes back to the garage. A battle evaluation is missing. you do not get any credits.

Unfortunately, this does not happen once in a while.

Edited by DA_KIEKSTE_WA_, 06 December 2018 - 05:01 AM.

jonty_2014 #31 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59899 battles
  • [EMRS]
Issues:

At the end of the battle, the game freezes, for 30 seconds to a minute or so, then exits to the garage with no results. The battle is counted, but I don’t know if XP and credits are accrued.

The booster selection at the start of the game is a bit distracting - please consider resizing it.

Otherwise, seems fine.  I’d like nation-specific avatars at some point.

RibbleStripe #32 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:07 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 311 battles
  • [WG]

View PostExtraIS, on 06 December 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

I has buy T26E1 for 15eu but its not come to my tier slots, money from paypal has take it !!! 2 days waiting, can that fix or return my money ?  Name ExtraIS Europe server.

Contact support center asap.

View PostCornish_Dyowl, on 05 December 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

Hi RibbleStripe,

Can we have another update on the AMX 13 57 camo please?

One of my clan members has been testing camo values on all tanks in training rooms, and the camo values are still awful for a light tank.

I appreciate that in 5.6 it has now been given the same camo values whether it is moving or stationary, but it is still awful.  It has the same overall camo rating of a much larger medium tank.

Looking forward to your reply.

http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/48048-spotting-mechanisms-of-wotb-a-paper-by-frodo-nifinger-fied-camo-on-amx-13-57-yeah-right/page__st__20__pid__761233#entry761233

I'll try to figure this out.
Update - yes, camo rating is not his strength, but overall is totally fine. 

View Postjonty_2014, on 06 December 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Issues:

At the end of the battle, the game freezes, for 30 seconds to a minute or so, then exits to the garage with no results. The battle is counted, but I don’t know if XP and credits are accrued.

The booster selection at the start of the game is a bit distracting - please consider resizing it.

Otherwise, seems fine. I’d like nation-specific avatars at some point.

That issue is known - fix is in progress.
Speaking of boosters menu, you can just tap to team panel and make it disappear.

TKoT_2017 #33 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25580 battles
  • [FTC-1]

RibbleStripe

In a future update would it be possible to change the colour of the map border lines?

As a person who is red/green colourblind I find it hard to see map edges on lots of the summer maps.

Eight percent of the male population have this condition so it must effect many of the players.

Thanks for your time. 

Edited by TKoT_2017, 06 December 2018 - 09:51 AM.

Cornish_Dyowl #34 Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:58 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 30294 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 06 December 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'll try to figure this out.
Update - yes, camo rating is not his strength, but overall is totally fine. 

Hi RibbleStripe,

Thanks for your reply.   It's rather worrying that the tests that were carried out show that the Lupus has a better camo rating on the move than one of the smallest light tanks at the same tier...?!?

:amazed:

Edited by Cornish_Dyowl, 06 December 2018 - 10:29 AM.

Proud to be a Deputy Lead of AFK / IRMA.

TKoT_2017 #35 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25580 battles
  • [FTC-1]

View PostCornish_Dyowl, on 06 December 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Thanks for your reply.   It's rather worrying that the tests that were carried out show that the Lupus has a better camo rating on the move than one of the smallest light tanks at the same tier...?!?

:amazed:

I'm not playing mine until they sort it and it will also stop me buying any more premiums unless they do (and advising clan mates the same).

Gay_Putin #36 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1641 battles

1.   End of game bug is terrible, we all sit there and stats are lost.

2.   The avatars are pointless and just clutter the UI

3.   The team screen at start of battle now is spread out and busy so eyes have to move more, increasing fatigue (you can tell no one at WG actually plays the game)

4.   All those thousands of hours and credits on crew skills below tier 5 and WG just throw it all away, it's insulting.

5.   Bloody advertising tanks in the garage strip is out of order, the interface is already a pain in the arse and now they waste it by advertising. I already pay money to WG I don't need to be nagged into spending more.

Replicant_2 #37 Posted 06 December 2018 - 01:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1417 battles

Hi All :)

I'm not sure I get this update. I'm a new player, only "discovered" this game a couple of months ago so in theory 5.5 and 5.6 are aimed at ppl like me, trying to get into the game and understand the mechanics yet I can't help the feeling that these updates are a step backwards.

Not to mention the credits spent on training crew to 75% in my few tier V tanks (don't own anything from higher tiers)

On the positive note it's good to see that promises of ridiculous rewards have been removed from the larger containers, all premiums worth having are gone and max credit reward went down to 10K from 1Mil, hopefully this will stop kids from buying them hoping they can get a tier 8 premium for 600gold.... 

And best of all, now you can get an avatar lent to you for 12 h :), what's not to like :D

Edited by Replicant_2, 06 December 2018 - 02:00 PM.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

DumbApe #38 Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 18151 battles
  • [HRG]

Good see that you folks know about the Bug and if we are going to have avatars then please make them relevant and not so silly and childish. BUT DON'T use them in Drop crates instead of Credits or boosters which are useful to players.  

I love the option to add boosters at game start - thank you for this and thanks for the Metal GL support too. 

Please do look at the Lag issues too.  I know this is not always down you you chaps, but using ping plotter does show some issues. 

Old dog with new tricks ...  and a few tanks. Still mostly sh*te at this game

Bananas in aures habeo. Non possum te audiunt.

Deadly_Defender #39 Posted 06 December 2018 - 03:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11826 battles
  • [1893]

I posted this on the discussion for update 5.5 by mistake so here’s my comments for update 5.6

There still appears to be an emphasis on improving, upgrading and introducing more Russian Tanks.

I think that there are some serious issues with balancing, in particular with the German tanks. Don’t get me wrong some German Tanks are still awesome killing machines like the Tiger 1, Ferdinand and 

StuG lll G.

When it comes to Russian tanks, especially, there are not many German tanks that can equally match the Russians.

All the Russian tanks are faster, more manoeuvrable, better armoured, faster reload and higher powered guns. 

Even the faster and only 4 fast German Tanks, the, StuG lll G, RU 251, Leopard PTA and Leopard 1 are no match for the equal Russian tanks like the KV 2 (1 shot kill on a StuG) T-44, T-54 and T62A then there’s the SU - 101, SU 152, OBJ 268 & 263 not to mention the IS.

The AMX’s are a bit rediculous as well, AMX CDC, VIII tier far out preforms and guns the Leopard PTA IX tier.

I’m only comparing the German tanks because they have been under balanced against other tiers for so long.

Come on developers, even up the tables.

Also is anything going to be introduced with reference to Combat XP?

My Jagdtiger 8.8 Pak has over 800,000...... what can I do with it?

metalgod1982 #40 Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8289 battles
  • [FWD]
I wouldnt mind the avatars that much but please please please do not put them in crates! At least before you got boosters (which i'm not a huge fan but I can live with them) now you get useless avatars. Today I got two avatars out of three crates.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users