New Map - "Eine Invasion in der Normandie wäre gegen alle Gesetze militärischer Logik – gegen a...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Mjr_Eazy #1 Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21173 battles
  • [BT_SV]

I love the new Normandy Map.  Best game on it was my holding 3 meds back, I was in the middle of the map, team were scattering randomly and then they were spotted trying to flank, they killed our yolo flanker on the beach.  I got to one of the defiles off the beach and held them there in my Lowe waiting for re-inforcements, I’ll dig out the replay later and post. Oh man it was sooo much fun.

What’s people’s thoughts on the new map...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

I keep getting beaten but getting better so its all good man :harp:. Major Eazy

jonty_2014 #2 Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59899 battles
  • [EMRS]
Curses, lured in by German-speak and denied the opportunity for a flippant eels/hovercraft post.

Map looks super, not been on in anything other than training room.  Looks like the beach is a death zone though.

Mjr_Eazy #3 Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21173 battles
  • [BT_SV]

:)  I'm using all me The Longest Day Quotes....

"Get off the beach! Move inland! Get off the beach! Move inland! The sooner we get off this beach, the sooner they'll stop this blasted shelling. It's very bad for the dog."

Seems appropriate for this game...

He who stops being better stops being good.  Oliver Cromwell I was soundly beaten, and i am the better for it.  Monty

Knickerson #4 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27739 battles
  • [ICN]

I would like to see this replay. 

Normandy and Faust could be a clue to where future map designs are going, as in more use of the z axis when map making.

Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

minitelrose #5 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60779 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 05 December 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

I love the new Normandy Map.  Best game on it was my holding 3 meds back, I was in the middle of the map, team were scattering randomly and then they were spotted trying to flank, they killed our yolo flanker on the beach.  I got to one of the defiles off the beach and held them there in my Lowe waiting for re-inforcements, I’ll dig out the replay later and post. Oh man it was sooo much fun.

What’s people’s thoughts on the new map...

replay or it’s all political discourse.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

minitelrose #6 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60779 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostKnickerson, on 07 December 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

I would like to see this replay. 

Normandy and Faust could be a clue to where future map designs are going, as in more use of the z axis when map making.

long time ago I had read from the developers that they were trying something with Z dimension. 

Since then we saw lost temple have an insane amount of bridges, that Mayan map with the silly arches, and some other things which do add to the gameplay a lot, it’s effectively adding to the useable paths in a small blitz map footprint.

i agree with you, faust is the most developed exemple of this.

normandy is different, because it doesn’t have bridge or tunnels, and because it is the ported version of the PC map.

to be honest, I expected tranches (think fast flank underground freeways), at least partially covered or bridged over. 

That there aren’t any proves it’s a different approach, IMO.

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

Knickerson #7 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27739 battles
  • [ICN]

View PostMjr_Eazy, on 05 December 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

:)  I'm using all me The Longest Day Quotes....

"Get off the beach! Move inland! Get off the beach! Move inland! The sooner we get off this beach, the sooner they'll stop this blasted shelling. It's very bad for the dog."

Seems appropriate for this game...

Sure the beach can be a fast med flank, but, yeah, getting off the beach in tact is an entirely different matter.

View Postminitelrose, on 07 December 2018 - 09:37 AM, said:

long time ago I had read from the developers that they were trying something with Z dimension. 

Since then we saw lost temple have an insane amount of bridges, that Mayan map with the silly arches, and some other things which do add to the gameplay a lot, it’s effectively adding to the useable paths in a small blitz map footprint.

i agree with you, faust is the most developed exemple of this.

normandy is different, because it doesn’t have bridge or tunnels, and because it is the ported version of the PC map.

to be honest, I expected tranches (think fast flank underground freeways), at least partially covered or bridged over. 

That there aren’t any proves it’s a different approach, IMO.

I've only played on Normandy two or three times, but it seemed to me that the rise from the beach to the top most part of the map is pretty steep. I like the map as is—it's not flat! :great:

Cry "Havoc,"

William Shakespeare

jonty_2014 #8 Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59899 battles
  • [EMRS]
I’ve still not played it...

Gentleman_l8astard #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9823 battles
  • [ALBA]

Du, hörest du auf mit dem deutschen Sprache... 

Just had my first dust up on this map, and wow.  Took my RU out there and got the number 2 spawn with our LTTB closer to A cap.  We hit A cap fast and hard and since the LTTB got there first I let him cap and took position under the defile above A cap and proceeded to punish a T34 who came over there alone for his mistake.  Our TD came with us for some odd reason and neither could finish off the 34 off so I got the honors.  After that it was just a fast move to the rear of the reds looking to grab 3 fast caps and I ran rings around a RU, Super Pershing and Indian Panzer, taking each out in turn by lowest HP.  A few Track shots and AP to side and rear armor left only a 50 100 who I tracked and then parked behind so the team could finish him.  4 kills, and 2k plus damage witha blow your hair back ride.

Nice map, with great ambiance, lots to distract and interesting avenues of attack.  Beach seems like a waste of map space (getting down is easy, getting up ... not so much) and the upper cliffs are simply amazing for hit and run “scouting with teeth” tactics.  I was able to piss the reds off so much they had no idea where I was coming from while still having their heals dug in fighting off our heavy tanks.  Abuse of the lightly rolling terrain paid off in dividends and I fired, pushed up where the reds couldn’t depress on me, and then hit again.

One of the best maps for Blitz I have seen in a long while.

Edited by Gentleman_l8astard, 07 December 2018 - 08:20 AM.

minitelrose #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60779 battles
  • [AFK]

View PostKnickerson, on 07 December 2018 - 08:45 AM, said:

Sure the beach can be a fast med flank, but, yeah, getting off the beach in tact is an entirely different matter.

I've only played on Normandy two or three times, but it seemed to me that the rise from the beach to the top most part of the map is pretty steep. I like the map as is—it's not flat! :great:

certainly a change from wastedland

View Postjonty_2014, on 07 December 2018 - 08:55 AM, said:

finally got one round there !

Supremacy, everyone went upper lands, nobody had time to even cap and everyone was dead.

i need to say the buildings and weather and green is very much Normandy like, 

And  the rolling terrain  is nice to move around in an AMX. 

I hope this map is cap-able. It’s at least promising to be so.

Read my guides there

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44841 battles
  • [RA1D]

Still, that six engines on the wrecked HE-111... :sceptic:

Great Map for fast tanks but I feel like even slower tanks will be able to perform, if they stick to the upper areas. Middle area seems great for flanking maneuvers while the Beach really seems only a good place in very very rare moments. I do not quite understand why Heavies spawn in the Cap towards the Beach, as in a Heavy I would always want high ground.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

imaculata #12 Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3027 battles
  • [M3M3Z]
Best map ever. First real map (like in WOT) and not battle arena as before. Pleated, diverse, unobvious with a lot of interesting places, many tactics possibilities, playing gives so much fun :)
Of coz to be ideal should be bigger (this space beyond red line looks so tempting) but anyway - awesome. Good job WG! :)

Cookiebile #13 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:36 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 54037 battles
  • [IRMA]

Useless map

full arcade 

useless

Knickerson #14 Posted 07 December 2018 - 09:44 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27739 battles
  • [ICN]
At moment there's no apparent team strategy, so it's a bit "Lord of the Flies" at the moment. 
Cry "Havoc,"

William Shakespeare

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #15 Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44841 battles
  • [RA1D]
What would've been really great is if they had one team starting at the Beach and the other at the Village in the countryside, instead of being a symmetrical map again. But I can only imagine how tough something like that would've been to balance.

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

jonty_2014 #16 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:05 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 59899 battles
  • [EMRS]

Player_4847592806 #17 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:07 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]

View PostRA1D_SCHNITZEL_, on 07 December 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

I do not quite understand why Heavies spawn in the Cap towards the Beach, as in a Heavy I would always want high ground.

The worst noobs either camp at spawn or drive full speed forwards this way the will go down and the team will most certainly lose especially if it's a supremacy battle. It's to facilitate rigging, so predictable... 

Mjr_Eazy #18 Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21173 battles
  • [BT_SV]

Lol, classic Canny, although I think that may be the 1st time I’ve seen you manage to maps on the hook for rigging!

You sir, never cease to amaze and amuse.

I’ve had it 3 times and all have been wins and been gr8 fun, Normandy and Faust are my two favourite maps.

Chairman_merpug #19 Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 36796 battles
  • [AFK]
Fourth game earlier, still no win. Possibly the heavies going down onto the beach to chase one med was a factors, especially seeing as they couldn't get up again. Having a RA1D on red didn't help, either.

Denoobing member of the Active Frontline Klan - and proud of it. Be nice to me..https://www.blitzstars.com/player/eu/Chairman_merpug

Player_4847592806 #20 Posted 07 December 2018 - 03:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 3824 battles
  • [-SD-]
Faust, Himmelsdorf, Middleburg and Rockfield are maps that are easy to win for the team that doesn't split. So outcomes are quite easily controlled by placing the yolo noobs on one team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users