The curious case of the T49

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

harrier_77 #1 Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42022 battles
  • [49DIV]

Is there a more 'luxury' tank within the entire tech tree lines in this game? 

I absolutely love this tank, even since it had it's balls nerfed off. But it's a total drain on every resource when I drive it. When confronted with a set of red heavies its nigh on impossible to do big damage unless you can get it behind them, a dormouse with a pea shooter can pen you and I lose about 15k credits whenever I drive it, win lose or draw. Yet when that one big hit shot lands on a poor adversary there is nothing more satisfying.... not even my beloved kv2.

BUT...i still come away with a smile on my face after spinning it round the map.

Any other vehicle you think warrants the 'luxurious' title?

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

SAX0N_WARRI0R #2 Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36088 battles
  • [1RTR]
For me the Cent 7/1, since the T49 nerf I use I bit more HEAT now so I don't bleed credits as much as before, still don't make anything mind. The Centurion 7/1 though seriously haemorrhages credits, I love it all the same, its the Fourth oldest tank I own after the RU, Conq, FV 215 b. Despite some monumental ammo bills, I will never sell it, having a premium round that requires more skill not less really appeals to me it also really looks the business, and its British init  

onlypainhurts #3 Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 35218 battles
  • [XFIRE]

View Postharrier_77, on 06 December 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

, even since it had it's balls nerfed off. 

Come on that nerf was fair.  I get maybe 1 ammo rack a week and pre nerf i was seeing T49's commonly get 2 even 3 a game.    

I dont bleed too many credits in it.   Usually not any worse than neg 5k ish.  I find I bleed credits if I try and just HE stuff that HE wont pen for low damage.   If you wait for solid full damage rolls the credits earned for damage done keeps up pretty well with credits.    If i sit in the bushes and peak a boom or just slap turrets with HE is really expensive.  But doing drive bys  on the [edited]end of tanks is not only funny as hell but keeps costs down.  

"Oderint dum Metuant"

SAX0N_WARRI0R #4 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36088 battles
  • [1RTR]

View Postonlypainhurts, on 06 December 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Come on that nerf was fair.  I get maybe 1 ammo rack a week and pre nerf i was seeing T49's commonly get 2 even 3 a game.    

I dont bleed too many credits in it.   Usually not any worse than neg 5k ish.  I find I bleed credits if I try and just HE stuff that HE wont pen for low damage.   If you wait for solid full damage rolls the credits earned for damage done keeps up pretty well with credits.    If i sit in the bushes and peak a boom or just slap turrets with HE is really expensive.  But doing drive bys  on the [edited]end of tanks is not only funny as hell but keeps costs down.  

ye the ammo racking was clearly broken, but the HE pen didn't need nerfing, they had to give it a small buff after that to balance it remember, they should have just restored the HE pen instead 

RA1D_SCHNITZEL_ #5 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 44841 battles
  • [RA1D]

View PostSAX0N_WARRI0R, on 06 December 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

ye the ammo racking was clearly broken, but the HE pen didn't need nerfing, they had to give it a small buff after that to balance it remember, they should have just restored the HE pen instead 

This

Stop Complaining...           ...Carry Harder!

harrier_77 #6 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 42022 battles
  • [49DIV]

View PostSAX0N_WARRI0R, on 06 December 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

For me the Cent 7/1, since the T49 nerf I use I bit more HEAT now so I don't bleed credits as much as before, still don't make anything mind. The Centurion 7/1 though seriously haemorrhages credits, I love it all the same, its the Fourth oldest tank I own after the RU, Conq, FV 215 b. Despite some monumental ammo bills, I will never sell it, having a premium round that requires more skill not less really appeals to me it also really looks the business, and its British init  

liked cent 7/1 immensely, very ,marmite tank I've noticed, this line divides opinion more than most.

And when I reach the gates of heaven, Saint Peter I will tell..."one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell".

verse found among possessions of dead american GI on omaha beach. Normandy 1944.

Knickerson #7 Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27739 battles
  • [ICN]

T49 is a definitely a resource drain. Oft times I forget that it’s not a premium.

I don’t know of any other luxury tank, at least in my inventory, unless you count my tier X tanks. I stopped checking my credit results some time ago.

Cry "Havoc,"
And let slip the dogs of war.

William Shakespeare
Julius Caesar – Act 3, scene 1

minitelrose #8 Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 60779 battles
  • [AFK]

It’s the only tank I consider “premiumizing” in entire tech tree. 

I don’t because 12.5K gold.

But maybe I should ?

every time I’m bored, or the premiumizationthing is on clearance sales, I’ll go back to playing with the idea of a premium t49.

still thinkng 

Read my guides there

"I want the game to be just how it was launched, no MM limitations for platoons, some unbalanced match once in a while, and friendly fire should come back as well. The only thing they should remove is statistics." -phony1907, 08 July 2016, 05:45pm - 

I want just that, and replay files.

Gastric_Panda #9 Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20833 battles
  • [PINK]
The T49 is by far one of my most pleasurable drives and is one of the only tech tree tanks I have ever enriched. It sings with me every time I play it and even when i have the odd bad game in the tank, I know it's just a little unlucky RNG and it'll get better. It certainly doesn't make me hate the tank though when I can set butts on fire or damage 4 modules in one go while driving around like a maniac!

geomal #10 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30366 battles
  • [-GRC-]
So, bottom line: Take it or leave it? I woke up with chafee after v.5.5 so i am considering to take it. I didn't like the T49A that we got for event and testing 

JussiJii #11 Posted 07 December 2018 - 05:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 26157 battles
  • [-WW-]
T49 is definitely one of the most, if not the most, pleasant tank to drive. I really enjoy that combination of ninja-style flanking with big derpy gun. True hit-and-run tank.

Sometimes combination of MM, map and team movements make this tank a bit purposeless on battle. But it's just part of the deal you make when you drive it. In very next battle there might be lots of soft targets sitting on edges of action waiting to be flanked and shotted with HE..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users